Author Topic: This is Global Warming?  (Read 6250 times)

Offline MasterWolf1

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!

Offline Ambiorix

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • There is no "Istanbul"
    • Brussels Journal
Re: This is Global Warming?
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2007, 03:55:54 AM »
http://news.aol.com/story/_a/midwest-braces-for-more-icy-weather/20071209211009990001

well the fanatic one-worldists claim that global warming is also a climate with more ups and downs, a less
gradually , smooth evolving weather pattern.

I honestly believe that Global warming is an ideology to scare the people, in order to easier rule over them,
a tactic to make oil more expensive, in order to make more profits.
Turkey must get out of NATO. NATO must get out of Kosovo-Serbia. Croats must get out of Crajina. All muslims must get out of Christian and Jewish land. Turks must get out of Cyprus. Turks must get out of "Istanbul". "Palestinians" must get out of Israel. Israel must become independent from USA.

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2007, 02:37:08 PM »
You guys!!!   We have to combat Global COOLING!!!!!  Let's all do our part to increase our carbon footbprint.   I'm trading in my hybrid for a gas guzzler. 

BTW, its frickin freezin here in Cali.

ftf

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2007, 02:46:21 PM »
I'm sorry, but to me the theory of global warming makes perfect sense, and is quite alarming, I also believe that none of the current politicians are doing what is necessary to combat it, in fact, I don't think I know of a single politician who has suggested the type of program that I think is required to fight global warming. (a program that among other things should get us completely off of oil as a first step, yes, coincidentally that would be very useful in our combat with Islam)

Note, the theory of Global warming predicts hotter summers and colder winters, which s what we've been having recently, it makes perfect sense.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2007, 02:52:10 PM »
I'm sorry, but to me the theory of global warming makes perfect sense, and is quite alarming, I also believe that none of the current politicians are doing what is necessary to combat it, in fact, I don't think I know of a single politician who has suggested the type of program that I think is required to fight global warming. (a program that among other things should get us completely off of oil as a first step, yes, coincidentally that would be very useful in our combat with Islam)

Note, the theory of Global warming predicts hotter summers and colder winters, which s what we've been having recently, it makes perfect sense.

NOt here in NY...It wasn't hot enough this summer..and the last winter had up and down temps with the usually freeze the same time of year each year for the last 10-20 years.  So I personally notice nothing new under the sun..

However, I'm down with clean air and recycling and reducing smog and driving more fuel efficient cars with clean emmisions and using garbage properly etc etc etc...since having a clean environment and not wasting is a righteous deed.

and hey, if hydrogen is cleaner than oil, then all the power to us to be the muzzies out of commission...
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

ftf

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2007, 02:56:47 PM »

NOt here in NY...It wasn't hot enough this summer..and the last winter had up and down temps with the usually freeze the same time of year each year for the last 10-20 years.  So I personally notice nothing new under the sun..

However, I'm down with clean air and recycling and reducing smog and driving more fuel efficient cars with clean emmisions and using garbage properly etc etc etc...since having a clean environment and not wasting is a righteous deed.

and hey, if hydrogen is cleaner than oil, then all the power to us to be the muzzies out of commission...
Well, in the UK, we've been having hotter summers and colder winters...

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2007, 03:08:01 PM »

Earlier this year there was a drought because of summer 2006, hose pipes were banned. Then came the rain and the Thames nearly flooded and this year became the wettest summer.

Actually I think we've been having warmer winters but the seasons are not as clearly identifiable as they were before.

The poor plants, they flower in winter and then freeze their buds off. :D

ftf

« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2007, 03:21:17 PM »

Earlier this year there was a drought because of summer 2006, hose pipes were banned. Then came the rain and the Thames nearly flooded and this year became the wettest summer.

Actually I think we've been having warmer winters but the seasons are not as clearly identifiable as they were before.

Whether the exact theory is correct or not, it's clear that the climate is messing up, and the only observable cause is pollution.

Offline Nic Brookes

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2007, 03:40:07 PM »
if hydrogen is cleaner than oil, then all the power to us to be the muzzies out of commission...

The unfortunate thing is the manufacture of hydrogen on a large industrial scale involves electricity. This will still need to be sourced from somewhere.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2007, 03:40:19 PM »

Whether the exact theory is correct or not, it's clear that the climate is messing up, and the only observable cause is pollution.

Maybe I can add a few more possibilities:

1. Maybe the earth is revolving around the sun slower or faster than 365 days and throwing off our seasons
2. Maybe the earth is revolving an inkling closer to the sun in the summer time and an inkling further away from teh sun in the winter time.
3. Maybe when the earth changes its angle on the y-axis it is changing slightly more each season...

but the point is not whether pollution causes this or not...the point is, the right way is to not be wasteful and to take care of our environment...just like making our beds in the morning and vacuuming and dusting our homes each week so that we don't get sick with allergies.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

ftf

« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2007, 03:44:29 PM »
if hydrogen is cleaner than oil, then all the power to us to be the muzzies out of commission...

The unfortunate thing is the manufacture of hydrogen on a large industrial scale involves electricity. This will still need to be sourced from somewhere.
This is quite an issue, one good idea, would be to collect it from the air... You realise, that according to scientists over 99% of the known galaxy is hydrogen, there has to be some of it around...

Also, if someone can come up with a usable version of fusion power for producing electricity, I think I'm right in saying that a volume of hydrogen equal in size to a pencil could power New York for a month, or something like that, just think....

Unfortunately, all attempts at harnessing fusion power to date have resulted in less output than input, or, a very large crater...

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2007, 03:56:02 PM »
There were some scientists recently who said they were able to do cold fusion, but after they attracted mass media, they're experiments proved unsuccessful.

Offline New Yorker

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2007, 04:02:37 PM »

Global warming is a scam, it's a money stealing grift that would make any gypsy proud. The left wing extremists are as we speak getting ready to collect from the suckers (that'd be all of us) by creating a international Carbon Tax on energy. Nice huh? They think you are stupid. Well they might have good cause, a lot of people out there are.

Nuke the arabs till they glow, then shoot them in the dark.

newman

« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2007, 04:13:42 PM »
I heard on a currant affairs show that there are litterally $$TRILLIONS to be made in carbon cleaning/disposal associated with the Kyoto agreement.

Offline New Yorker

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2007, 04:17:01 PM »
I heard on a currant affairs show that there are litterally $$TRILLIONS to be made in carbon cleaning/disposal associated with the Kyoto agreement.

Just follow the money, and at the end of the trail you'll find a rat.

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2007, 04:31:56 PM »
The 'Theory' of global warming is easy to disprove.  IE, measurements of temperatures of similar heavenly bodies in our solar system have shown a similar trend in change, at least for the long term.

HOWEVER, I think its great that we get off foreign oil, and look into alternate fules.  The two arent mutually exsclusive.  We CAN be skeptical of warming propogandists and yes STILL want to get off foreign oil, and make our environment better.

Offline New Yorker

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2007, 04:39:39 PM »
The 'Theory' of global warming is easy to disprove.  IE, measurements of temperatures of similar heavenly bodies in our solar system have shown a similar trend in change, at least for the long term.

HOWEVER, I think its great that we get off foreign oil, and look into alternate fules.  The two arent mutually exsclusive.  We CAN be skeptical of warming propogandists and yes STILL want to get off foreign oil, and make our environment better.

Oh yeah, that's a given, we should make oil obsolete. Put our farmers to work growing crops to make abundant cheap ethanol alcohol, and be totally energy independent.

Offline Nic Brookes

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2007, 01:19:56 PM »
An interesting trend is that Carbon Dioxide (CO2) is not a very strong greenhouse gas. Methane (CH4) is around 15-20 times stronged than CO2. So we can say that all this rubbish from politicians about greenhouse gases should be ignored.

Offline JTFFan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2007, 01:25:21 PM »
An interesting trend is that Carbon Dioxide (CO2) is not a very strong greenhouse gas. Methane (CH4) is around 15-20 times stronged than CO2. So we can say that all this rubbish from politicians about greenhouse gases should be ignored.

Well, most of the politicians don't really know what they are talking about when it comes to greenhouse gases. F.e, Gore sounded like he was trying to come off as a "Scientist" when he did his BS film. ;D

ftf

« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2007, 01:37:27 PM »
It doesn't matter if it's a weak greenhouse gas, the quantities we emit it in is frightening.

And, even if it isn't a problem, our dependence on i=oil is, and the fact that we're running out of resources is.

Did you know that there is more copper in use in New York than left in the ground (that we know of anyway).

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2007, 02:35:25 PM »

Yeah and cows produce several tonnes of methane in a couple of days or something, from burping and you know. ;D

The cows are making the situation worse not us. ::)

newman

« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2007, 02:51:47 PM »

Yeah and cows produce several tonnes of methane in a couple of days or something, from burping and you know. ;D

Methane is a proven, viable fuel but our governments' corporate and OPEC masters will not allow it's advancement.

Offline Nic Brookes

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2007, 02:56:16 PM »

Methane is a proven, viable fuel but our governments' corporate and OPEC masters will not allow it's advancement.

Burning methane would do GOOD for the environment, making it 1/15th the strength of what it was originally.

newman

« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2007, 03:04:50 PM »

Burning methane would do GOOD for the environment, making it 1/15th the strength of what it was originally.

Cows, pigs and humans poop just as plant life decomposes and release methane. Burning that methane is DEFINITELY CO2 neutral.

ftf

« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2007, 03:10:13 PM »

Cows, pigs and humans poop just as plant life decomposes and release methane. Burning that methane is DEFINITELY CO2 neutral.
It's a very good idea, but it's not CO2 neutral, it produces CO2, just the methane that's used up doing it is worse for the environment than the CO2 it produces.

One answer to CO2 would be to plant lots more trees...  As trees consume it at a high rate.