Author Topic: The "Great" Emancipator  (Read 3097 times)

Offline davkakach

• Pro JTFer
The "Great" Emancipator
« on: November 19, 2006, 08:28:30 AM »
There used to be a time when Americans were saner.

(source: The Real Lincoln by Thomas J. DiLorenzo)

"I have no purpose to introduce political and social equality between the white and black races.  There is a physical difference between the two, which, in my judgement, will probably forever forbid their living together upon the footing of perfect equality; and inasmuch as it becomes a necessity that there must be a difference, I, as well as Judge Douglas, am in favor of the race to which I belong having the superior position.  I have never said anything to the contrary."
--Abraham Lincoln, Aug 21, 1858

"there is a moral fitness in the idea of returning to Africa her children"
--Abraham Lincoln, Eulogy on Henry Clay

"Whether slavery shall go into Nebraska, or other new territories, is not a matter of exclusive concern to the people who may go there.  The whole nation is interested that the best use shall be made of these territories.  We want them for the homes of free white people.  This they cannot be, to any considerable extent, if slavery shall be planted with them.  Slave states are the places for poor white people to move from. . . . New free states are the places for poor people to go and better their condition."
--Abraham Lincoln, Oct 16, 1854

"The motive of those who protested against the extension of slavery had always really been concern for the welfare of the white man, and not an unnatural sympathy for the Negro"
--William Seward, Secretary of State and Lincoln confidant

"All the unoccupied territory . . . shall be preserved for the benefit of the white Caucasian race---a thing which cannot be except by the exclusion of slavery."
--Horace Greeley, New York Tribune editor

"When we say that all men are created equal, we do not mean that every man in organized society has the same rights.  We don't tolerate that in Illinois."
--Lyman Trumbull, IL Sen. and major proponent of Lincoln's colonization solution to the Negro problem

"I would preserve to free white labor a fair country, a rich inheritance, where the sons of toil, of my own race and color, can live without the disgrace which association with Negro slavery brings upon free labor."
--David Wilmot, PA Rep. and author of the Wilmot Proviso

"the prejudice of race appears to be stronger in the states that have abolished slavery than in those where it still exists; and nowhere is it so intolerant as in those states where servitude has never been known."
--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

"So-called Black Codes existed in the North decades before such discriminatory laws were enacted in the South after Reconstruction (1865-1877).  The Revised Code of Indiana, for example, prohibited Negroes and mulattos from coming into the state; all contracts with Negroes were null and void; any white person (such as an employer) who encouraged blacks to enter the state was subject to a fine of up to $500; Negroes and mulattos were not allowed to vote; no Negro or mulatto having even one-eighth part of Negro blood could legally marry a white person---an act punishable by ten years' imprisonment and a fine of up to $5,000; any person counseling or encouraging interracial marriage was subject to a fine of up to $1,000; Negroes and mulattos were forbidden from testifying in court againts white people, from sending their children to public schools, or from holding any political office."
--The Real Licoln, pp.26-27

"there is a very great aversion in the West---I know it to be so in my State---against having free Negroes come among us.  Our people want nothing to do with the Negro."
--IL Sen. Lyman Trumbull

"this government was made for the benefit of the white race . . . and not for Negroes"
--The Niles (Michigan) Republican, Mar 30, 1861

"we believe the mulatto to be inferior in capacity, character, and organization to the full-blooded black, and still farther below the standard of the white races."
--Boston Daily Courier, Sep 24, 1860

"My paramount object in this struggle is to save the Union, and is not either to save or to destroy slavery.  If I could save the Union without freeing any slave I would do it; and if I could save it by freeing some and leaving others alone I would also do that.  What I do about slavery, and the colored race, I do because I believe it helps to save the Union."
--Abraham Lincoln, 1862 letter to New York Tribune editor Horace Greeley

"We show our sympathy with slavery by emancipating slaves where we cannot reach them and holding them in bondage where we can set them free."
--William Seward (mockingly describing Lincoln's Emancipation Proclamation)

The Real Lincoln by Thomas J. DiLorenzo---Get it, read it.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2006, 09:44:47 AM by davkakach »
Tolerance becomes a crime when applied to evil.   --Thomas Mann

Offline Hail Columbia

• Master JTFer
  • Vrijheid, Welvaart, Beschaving
    • AfricanCrisis, Africa's Premier Hard News Website
Re: The "Great" Emancipator
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2006, 09:07:57 AM »
Not only do I have The Real Lincoln, I also have DiLorenzo's new book, Lincoln Unmasked.  I strongly recommend both books.

Learn the truth about rap "music": (Strongly recommended for new members)
www.geocities.com/wilder2k1
My MySpace site:
http://www.myspace.com/hailcolumbiajtf
My YouTube site:
http://www.youtube.com/user/HailColumbiaJTF
Dixie Outfitters, Preserving Southern Heritage Since 1861:
http://www.dixieoutfitters.com/
AfricanCrisis, Africa's Premier Hard News Website:
http://www.africancrisis.co.za
The Right Perspective, NYC's Most Dangerous Callers to Talk Radio, Airing Live Every Friday Night, 10 PM EST:
http://www.therightperspectivepodcastblog.blogspot.com/

In thy power Almighty, trusting,
Did our fathers build of old;
Strengthen then, O Lord, their children
To defend, to love, to hold
That the heritage they gave us
For our children yet may be:
Bondsmen only to the Highest
And before the whole world free.
As our fathers trusted humbly,
Teach us, Lord, to trust Thee still:
Guard our land and guide our people
In Thy way to do Thy will.

Offline davkakach

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2006, 09:46:38 AM »
Not only do I have The Real Lincoln, I also have DiLorenzo's new book, Lincoln Unmasked.  I strongly recommend both books.
From what I understand, DiLorenzo is a Jew-hater who belongs to the same circle as Pat Buchanan and Paul Craig Roberts, but he still writes the truth, at least with respect to "Honest" Abe and the (unnecessary) Civil War.

Yochanan Zev

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2006, 02:53:10 PM »
From what I understand, DiLorenzo is a Jew-hater who belongs to the same circle as Pat Buchanan and Paul Craig Roberts, but he still writes the truth, at least with respect to "Honest" Abe and the (unnecessary) Civil War.

What does it matter if he's a Jew Hater.  You do agree with him, don't you?

Offline Hail Columbia

• Master JTFer
  • Vrijheid, Welvaart, Beschaving
    • AfricanCrisis, Africa's Premier Hard News Website
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2006, 07:03:31 PM »

Can you please direct me to his anti-Jewish comments?

Learn the truth about rap "music": (Strongly recommended for new members)
www.geocities.com/wilder2k1
My MySpace site:
http://www.myspace.com/hailcolumbiajtf
My YouTube site:
http://www.youtube.com/user/HailColumbiaJTF
Dixie Outfitters, Preserving Southern Heritage Since 1861:
http://www.dixieoutfitters.com/
AfricanCrisis, Africa's Premier Hard News Website:
http://www.africancrisis.co.za
The Right Perspective, NYC's Most Dangerous Callers to Talk Radio, Airing Live Every Friday Night, 10 PM EST:
http://www.therightperspectivepodcastblog.blogspot.com/

In thy power Almighty, trusting,
Did our fathers build of old;
Strengthen then, O Lord, their children
To defend, to love, to hold
That the heritage they gave us
For our children yet may be:
Bondsmen only to the Highest
And before the whole world free.
As our fathers trusted humbly,
Teach us, Lord, to trust Thee still:
Guard our land and guide our people
In Thy way to do Thy will.

Offline davkakach

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2006, 10:32:45 AM »

Can you please direct me to his anti-Jewish comments?

http://againstcommies009.blogspot.com/2006/07/thomas-dilorenzo-defends-hamas-and.html

DiLorenzo belongs to the Kevin MacDonald, Lew Rockwell, Paul Craig Roberts and Pat Buchanan crowd.  Regardless, his books about Lincoln are accurate.

Offline davkakach

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2006, 10:56:15 AM »
Here's a very nice excerpt from DiLorenzo's book:

MOST NORTHERNERS in 1863 were shocked and surprised by the Emancipation Proclamation because they had not been told by their government that they were fighting and dying by the tens of thousands for the well-being of black strangers in faraway states where most Northerners had never been.  Hostile white immigrant mobs had assaulted blacks in Northern cities for decades, and in July 1863 there were race riots in New York City as whites protested the Emancipation Proclamation (January 1863) and Lincoln's new conscription law (March 1863) by randomly assaulting (and sometimes killing) and and all black people unlucky enough to cross their path.  The conscription law applied only to whites, and those with sufficient money could buy their way out of the draft for $300.  Those without sufficient funds were outraged and made up the rioting mobs.  Lincoln ordered five regiments of troops from the recently concluded Battle of Gettysburg to New York City to quell the riots; the troops achieved this goal by shooting between 300 and 1,000 citizens (there are no hard data on the number of deaths).

. . .

The New York City draft riots apparently occurred when they did---four months after the conscription law was announced---because "not until the weekend of July 11 did New Yorkers fully realized that Democratic officials would fail to shelter them from the draft."  Violent mobs roamed the streets for days, viciously attacking police, affluent Republicans, and blacks.  "Rioters tore through expensive Republican homes on Lexington Avenue and took---or more often destroyed---pictures with gilt frames, elegant pier glasses, sofas, chairs, clocks, furniture of every kind."  . . .

The Emancipation Proclamation also caused a desertion crisis in the U.S. army.  At least 200,000 Federal soldiers deserted; another 120,000 evaded conscription; and at least 90,000 Northern men fled to Canada to avoid conscription while thousands more hid out in the mountains of central Pennsylvania to place themselves beyond the reach of enrollment officers.

Enlistment rates plummeted, as did subscriptions to war bonds, whose price declined sharply.  "Plenty of soldiers believed that the proclamation had changed the purpose of the war," writes James McPherson.  "They professed to feel betrayed.  They were willing to risk their lives for the Union, they said, but not for black freedom."

McPherson writes of a "backlash of anti-emancipation sentiment" in the Federal army . . .  A Massachusetts sargeant wrote in a letter that "if anyone thinks that this army is fighting for the Negro . . . they are terribly mistaken."  Another officer declared that "I don't want to fire another shot for the Negroes and I wish that all the abolitionists were in hell. . . .  I do not want to fight for Lincoln's Negro proclamation one day longer."