Author Topic: Lesbians to get access to IVF treatment  (Read 2451 times)

Kiwi

Lesbians to get access to IVF treatment
« on: December 14, 2007, 03:15:32 AM »
LESBIAN and single women will have access to IVF treatment under sweeping new laws to be adopted in Victoria next year.

Attorney-General Rob Hulls announced the change today, with the Government set to implement several other fertility law changes.

Mr Hulls said the Government would adopt a large number of the most of the 130 recommendations of a Law Reform Commision report into changes to the Infertility Act.

In June, the Law Reform Commission recommended sweeping changes that would allow gay couples to adopt children and free up IVF for single women and lesbians.

The report was commissioned by the Bracks Government in 2002, but is believed to have faced significant opposition in Cabinet.

The retirement of former Premier Mr Bracks, a Catholic social conservative, may have cleared the way for some of today's measures.

Mr Hulls, a social progressive, is understood to have been a strong supporter of many of the recommendations.

The commission made 130 recommendations for changes to the Infertility Treatment Act.

These include recognition of female partners of lesbian mothers as parents. Birth certificates could use the word 'parent' instead of mother and father.

The commission also recommended parents who used a surrogate mother to carry their baby get legal recognition as parents and that dead donors of sperm and eggs would be taken from the deceased only if they had previously given written consent.

Law Reform Commissioner Iain Ross said children's best interests were the main consideration.

Dr Ross said children were disadvantaged if their family arrangements were not recognised by law.

"All Victorian children should have the same legal protection and entitlements,'' Dr Ross said.

The State Government will make a formal response to the report by the end of the year.

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,22923841-12377,00.html

newman

Re: Lesbians to get access to IVF treatment
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2007, 04:18:29 AM »
IVF is for those who can't get pregnant for medical reasons. Not those who won't for 'lifestyle' reasons!

Kiwi

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2007, 04:25:29 AM »
Yes I Agree, but this is because Aussie women will not breed. So they have to make it up some how.

I prefer Lesso mothers than Black Tar babies from Africa.

A lesser of two evils.

This would never of happen newman, if you had gone out and made little newmans  :-\

newman

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2007, 04:30:36 AM »
Yes I Agree, but this is because Aussie women will not breed. So they have to make it up some how.

A lesser of two evils.

This would never of happen newman, if you had gone out and made little newmans  :-\

1/ 50% of marriages end in divorce.

2/ Child support laws are stupid.

3/ I've got defective genes.

NO LITTLE NEWMANS!

Kiwi

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2007, 04:37:04 AM »

A lesser of two evils.

NO LITTLE NEWMANS!

We are all defective in some way.

newman

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2007, 04:40:54 AM »

A lesser of two evils.

NO LITTLE NEWMANS!

We are all defective in some way.

I was a rotten little kid. Even my mother couldn't stand me. If I had a little bugger like me, I'd drown him.

Kiwi

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2007, 04:47:11 AM »

I was a rotten little kid. Even my mother couldn't stand me. If I had a little bugger like me, I'd drown him.

That could well be true, but you grew up a fine man.

newman

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2007, 04:53:11 AM »

That's open to debate.

Kiwi

« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2007, 06:37:57 AM »

That's open to debate.

I think that one is best left private don't you  8;)

Offline Raulmarrio2000

• Master JTFer
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2007, 08:45:31 AM »
Gay/lesbian adoption, surrogate mothers, sperm donation..... ALL EVIL.

Kiwi

« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2007, 08:48:10 AM »
creation of life is evil   ???

Offline Raulmarrio2000

• Master JTFer
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2007, 09:01:18 AM »
creation of life is evil   ???

Artificial creation of life is in fact evil. In fact I wouldn't marry anyone who was born by such artificial methods, neither their descendants of any generation. I strongly oppose all these methods!!!!

Kiwi

« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2007, 06:25:52 PM »
Very good Raul the world breathes easier again knowing that.

Offline Johnson Brown

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2007, 06:57:46 PM »
Gay/lesbian adoption, surrogate mothers, sperm donation..... ALL EVIL.
I'm with you these gays and lesbians don't belong having kids, they are very selfish people who don't care about how the kid is going to be made fun of at school and be asked where and who's your daddy and the kid has to show a picture of a turkey baster as his father, especially when these lesbians and gays have to do their flag waving that they are gay and lesbians.
These are very evil people.

Offline AussieJTFer

• Pro JTFer
    • AussieJTFer's Youtube Channel
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2007, 04:11:29 AM »
Welcome to Kevin Rudd's Australia.

newman

« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2007, 02:54:04 PM »
Welcome to Kevin Rudd's Australia.

Howard was in a cabinet minority when he opposed IVF for lezzos. It would have come in as soon as he retired if they'd returned to power.

Don't buy all that BS about Liberals being christian. Apart from Abbott and one or two others, they're completelt amoral.