Poll

Which annoys you the most?

Muslims who say, "Allah Allah Allah la la la la la"
13 (50%)
When someone tries to take the word Gd out of the Pledge of Allegience and from the currency "In Gd We Trust" and go through the Supreme Court wasting valuable tax dollars.
11 (42.3%)
Neither annoy. I love Hippies and Muzzies...(sounds like what i want to name my Chihuahua)
1 (3.8%)
When libtard judges don't automatically throw cases like taking G-d from the Pledge out of court
1 (3.8%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Which do you hate more?  (Read 5575 times)

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
Re: Which do you hate more?
« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2007, 11:08:11 PM »
Here's what our Founding Fathers had to say about the Ten Commandments and the Bible:

“We have staked the whole future of American civilization, not upon the power of government, far from it. We’ve staked the future of all our political institutions upon our capacity…to sustain ourselves according to the Ten Commandments of God.”
James Madison, 1778 to the General Assembly of the State of Virginia

“ The Law given from Sinai [The Ten Commandments] was a civil and municipal as well as a moral and religious code.”
John Quincy Adams. Letters to his son. p. 61

“All the miseries and evils which men suffer from vice, crime, ambition, injustice, oppression, slavery
and war, proceed from their despising or neglecting the precepts contained in the Bible.”
Noah Webster. History. p. 339

However, the Founding Fathers did not want a state established religion, like the Anglican Church.  But these are example of America being founded on Judeo-Christian principles

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #26 on: December 17, 2007, 11:10:59 PM »
wow this is going to be a fun game.... their parents.

and who created their parents? Just keep going....I'm curious to know your answers.

his dad and a sheep... this is pointless.

At some point i do believe that we evolved from a single cellular organism.  Where did this single cell organism come from?  If you put the right materials together in the right quantities something is bound to happen.  Where did the materials come from?  Hydrogen.  Where did hydrogen come from?  A large explosion. 

I don't pretend to know all the answers.  I admit that what i think may have happened is probably wrong.  I just strongly believe that because i cant figure out how it happened, that that necessarily means that there is a higher power.  I am blissful in knowing that i am ignorant to the correct answer because i have an open enough mind to realize that none of the answers have reasonable support under a microscope.

I am not saying that i am right and you are wrong... I am saying you think this and i don't know but i don't believe what you believe.

So where did that large explosion come from?  I think you can think of one answer that might make the most sense...and if you are thinking what I'm thinking, it's a start...and that's all I'll give you...I have no desire to steer you into any theology..that all depends on you.

There is a much larger force out there..call it what you want...but you aren't your own maker...something else is involved in sorting out the cards. that somethign else for me is Gd..for you...I'll wait to hear your anwer.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline dejavu

• Full JTFer
« Reply #27 on: December 17, 2007, 11:23:02 PM »
i graduated from high school in 1998 and went into the Marines.  I served proudly and went to Afghanistan in late 2001 and most of 2002.  Luckily when i got home i was allowed to get into the IRR and out of active duty.  After more 4 years in the IRR as far as i know now they have no ability to ask for me to go anywhere.  Now i believe that what we were doing in Afghanistan was completely justified and that we should have done what we needed to and gotten back out.  The war in Iraq is a complete unprovoked farce.  That is why i am so interested in politics and that is why i believe so strongly that RP is the one who understands what needs to be done to restore the country that we are willing to give our lives for.  I would proudly give my life for my country but there is no value in a first strike unless their first strike is imminent.

I argue the way i do because i still have a lot of friends that are over there giving their lives for a cause that almost none of us believe in anymore.

I don't believe that things have changed much in schools since i graduated except a lot more use of computers in classrooms. 

Offline dejavu

• Full JTFer
« Reply #28 on: December 17, 2007, 11:28:41 PM »

and who created their parents? Just keep going....I'm curious to know your answers.

At some point i do believe that we evolved from a single cellular organism.  Where did this single cell organism come from?  If you put the right materials together in the right quantities something is bound to happen.  Where did the materials come from?  Hydrogen.  Where did hydrogen come from?  A large explosion. 

I don't pretend to know all the answers.  I admit that what i think may have happened is probably wrong.  I just strongly believe that because i cant figure out how it happened, that that necessarily means that there is a higher power.  I am blissful in knowing that i am ignorant to the correct answer because i have an open enough mind to realize that none of the answers have reasonable support under a microscope.

I am not saying that i am right and you are wrong... I am saying you think this and i don't know but i don't believe what you believe.

So where did that large explosion come from?  I think you can think of one answer that might make the most sense...and if you are thinking what I'm thinking, it's a start...and that's all I'll give you...I have no desire to steer you into any theology..that all depends on you.

There is a much larger force out there..call it what you want...but you aren't your own maker...something else is involved in sorting out the cards. that somethign else for me is Gd..for you...I'll wait to hear your anwer.

I dont pretend to know what that something else is... I'm just not going to back myself into a corner and say that it was god.  It could be god it could be something else.  It doesn't have to be god thats my point.  If it was created by god then who created god... your same argument puts your argument down as well.

Offline Jasmina

• Master JTFer
« Reply #29 on: December 18, 2007, 12:38:47 AM »
I chose #2!
The whole system works because everyone is not mentally ill on the same day!!!!

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #30 on: December 18, 2007, 07:39:38 AM »

I dont pretend to know what that something else is... I'm just not going to back myself into a corner and say that it was G-d.  It could be G-d it could be something else.  It doesn't have to be G-d thats my point.  If it was created by G-d then who created G-d... your same argument puts your argument down as well.

When one gets to the point asking who created Gd, it shows how small each of our mental capacity to understand all of this as you are indicating...It's so complex that to even understand what He does or what He is makes you think, "Wow..that's really huge!"

So I'll end my Gd's existance debate here...

I think you do acknowledge there is something out there..how you decide to personify is really up to you.  You said you were agnostic and not an atheist which means that you dont' believe in a theology, but believe in something much larger and more powerful than each one of us.  You just choose not to personify how it's done and I have no desire to tell you how you should...That's for you to figure out based on your life experiences.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein