Author Topic: Great News: Glatt Kosher Subway Opens In Brooklyn  (Read 4212 times)

admin

Offline genteelgentile

• Pro JTFer
  • Chaim Ben Pesach- Civil Rights Leader 4 The Ages
Re: Great News: Glatt Kosher Subway Opens In Brooklyn
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2008, 07:32:26 PM »
eat fresh!
I LOVE dogs because muslims do not!!!!  Have your dog kiss a muslim today!

Offline yeshuadisciple

• Full JTFer
  • My crazy parrot
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2008, 07:41:56 PM »
Sweet, now Jews can get ripped off by Subway's all bread and lettuce subs like we gentiles have been for years.   Where's the beef was a big add campaign in the 80s, Subway's should be WHERE'S THE MEAT!
And it shall come to pass in that day, that I will seek to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem.  And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn.
Zechariah 12:9-10

"Seventy weeks have been decreed for your people and your holy city, to finish the transgression, to make an end of sin, to make atonement for iniquity, to bring in everlasting righteousness, to seal up vision and prophecy and to anoint the most holy place.  "So you are to know and discern that from the issuing of a decree to restore and rebuild Jerusalem until Messiah the Prince there will be seven weeks and sixty-two weeks; it will be built again, with plaza and moat, even in times of distress.  "Then after the sixty-two weeks the Messiah will be cut off and have nothing, and the people of the prince who is to come will destroy the city and the sanctuary And its end will come with a flood; even to the end there will be war; desolations are determined.  "And he will make a firm covenant with the many for one week, but in the middle of the week he will put a stop to sacrifice and grain offering; and on the wing of abominations will come one who makes desolate, even until a complete destruction, one that is decreed, is poured out on the one who makes desolate."
Daniel 9:24-27

My lovely wife

Offline Ehud

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2008, 08:20:19 PM »
Sweet, now Jews can get ripped off by Subway's all bread and lettuce subs like we gentiles have been for years.   Where's the beef was a big add campaign in the 80s, Subway's should be WHERE'S THE MEAT!

I like Subway but I definitely agree that they skimp on the meat.  All of their meat toppings are skimpy and then they rip you off by making you pay 2.50 per 6 inches to make it "double meat" which just makes it have as much meat as a normal sandwich should have. 
"The Jews will eventually have to face up to what you're dealing with here.  The arabs will never love you for what good you've brought them.  They don't know how to really love.  But hate!  Oh, G-d, can they hate!  And they have a deep, deep, deep resentment because you have jolted them from their delusions of grandeur and shown them for what they are-a decadent, savage people controlled by a religion that has stripped them of all human ambition . . . except for the few cruel enough and arrogant enough to command them as one commands a mob of sheep.  You are dealing with a mad society and you'd better learn how to control it."

-Excerpt from The Haj by Leon Uris

Offline Ehud

• Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2008, 08:43:17 PM »
They have a pretty good menu.  Peppersteak with sauteed onions and peppers, "chicken mediterranean, corned beef and pastrami, and schwarma!  We don't have any of those things at Subway in either California or Indiana.  I doubt that the schwarma is even half-way legitimate though.  THere are probably lots of better places to get real schwarma in New York anyway. 
"The Jews will eventually have to face up to what you're dealing with here.  The arabs will never love you for what good you've brought them.  They don't know how to really love.  But hate!  Oh, G-d, can they hate!  And they have a deep, deep, deep resentment because you have jolted them from their delusions of grandeur and shown them for what they are-a decadent, savage people controlled by a religion that has stripped them of all human ambition . . . except for the few cruel enough and arrogant enough to command them as one commands a mob of sheep.  You are dealing with a mad society and you'd better learn how to control it."

-Excerpt from The Haj by Leon Uris

Offline OdKahaneChai

• Master JTFer
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2008, 09:18:29 PM »
Originally, the only one in North America was in Cleveland.  This past summer, I believe, they built one in either the Five Towns or Far Rockaway, and I'd never heard of the one in California.

One does not deal with terrorists; one does not bargain with terrorists; one kills terrorists.
- Rabbi Meir Kahane ZT"L, HY"D

Offline takebackourtemple

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
  • May this be the year that the temple is liberated.
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2008, 09:21:27 PM »
I heard they are also opening one in Baltimore.
Does it bother you that you have to face the dome and the rock to say the sh'ma?

Offline yeshuadisciple

• Full JTFer
  • My crazy parrot
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2008, 10:20:55 PM »
I prefer a good deli sandwich where they really know how to pile it on. 
And it shall come to pass in that day, that I will seek to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem.  And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn.
Zechariah 12:9-10

"Seventy weeks have been decreed for your people and your holy city, to finish the transgression, to make an end of sin, to make atonement for iniquity, to bring in everlasting righteousness, to seal up vision and prophecy and to anoint the most holy place.  "So you are to know and discern that from the issuing of a decree to restore and rebuild Jerusalem until Messiah the Prince there will be seven weeks and sixty-two weeks; it will be built again, with plaza and moat, even in times of distress.  "Then after the sixty-two weeks the Messiah will be cut off and have nothing, and the people of the prince who is to come will destroy the city and the sanctuary And its end will come with a flood; even to the end there will be war; desolations are determined.  "And he will make a firm covenant with the many for one week, but in the middle of the week he will put a stop to sacrifice and grain offering; and on the wing of abominations will come one who makes desolate, even until a complete destruction, one that is decreed, is poured out on the one who makes desolate."
Daniel 9:24-27

My lovely wife

Offline takebackourtemple

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
  • May this be the year that the temple is liberated.
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2008, 09:53:21 PM »
   Subway is not supposed to serve schwarma. I would like to see a store that imitates a real subway and markets to all customers as opposed to just religious Jews. When I was in Israel I kept kosher. I'm not against paying a little more for the extra work that is required to keep kosher, but I sure don't want to get ripped off because the places have monopolies. If I had enough options and could reasonably do so, I would keep kosher. Laissez faire and a free market are things we need to fight for.

Any place I need to go to needs to:
   1. Provide clean filtered drinking water. I'm not against them charging something reasonable like a nickel or quarter for the cup, but I want something healthy and don't want to pay $2 for a soda or bottled water. Especially when other places charge around a dollar. It's understandable that meat has to go through extra processes, but the fact that they can mark up drinks and not even provide clean water shows that they are just ripping customers off.
   2. They need to follow credit card laws. It is illegal for a merchant to deny a credit card sale or charge a terminal fee for the transaction just because it is below a limit. I understand that this transaction costs the merchant to make, but that is the cost the merchant agreed to when signing their agreement with the credit card company. If they don't like it, they don't have to accept credit cards at all, but it will discourage customers like me from purchasing there. Why the kosher places I've gone to chose to break these laws while just about every other merchant follows them gets me, but there have been many occasions that I have not gone to Kosher Bite, Tov's Pizza, and Carmels in Baltimore because of this issue.
Does it bother you that you have to face the dome and the rock to say the sh'ma?

Offline Ambiorix

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • There is no "Istanbul"
    • Brussels Journal
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2008, 02:05:36 AM »
Here in Europe, our cities are being swamped by turkkkish pitta-shoarma snack-bars.
Have any of you any idea what meat they use?
I get sick of it.
Turkey must get out of NATO. NATO must get out of Kosovo-Serbia. Croats must get out of Crajina. All muslims must get out of Christian and Jewish land. Turks must get out of Cyprus. Turks must get out of "Istanbul". "Palestinians" must get out of Israel. Israel must become independent from USA.

Offline Ari

• Master JTFer
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2008, 05:46:58 AM »
I heard about this.  Now Jared can go there.  That guy's Jewish by the way.  Have you ever seen a luckier son a of gun find a way to make a good living though?  All the putz did was eat sandwiches.

Offline Ambiorix

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • There is no "Istanbul"
    • Brussels Journal
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2008, 06:20:52 AM »
Here in Europe, our cities are being swamped by turkkkish pitta-shoarma snack-bars.
Have any of you any idea what meat they use?
I get sick of it.

I think they use lamb.
Shawarma in Israel is either made from lamb or turkey but usually turkey. In Israel Jews sell it too, not just Arabs. The Jewish one is kosher and the Arab one is not. I like it in a laffa, which is Iraqi bread. It's made as a wrap when it laffa.
I don't mind eatin gthe food itself if Jews would open a pittabar.
Frankly, I do not believe the "meat" turks serve in their pitta-kabab is real meat.
I think it is some non-hallal/non-kosher/non-eatable to my standards meat.
There was one turk in my city, that did sell real lambsmeat pitta.
That shop is closed now :'(
Turkey must get out of NATO. NATO must get out of Kosovo-Serbia. Croats must get out of Crajina. All muslims must get out of Christian and Jewish land. Turks must get out of Cyprus. Turks must get out of "Istanbul". "Palestinians" must get out of Israel. Israel must become independent from USA.