Author Topic: Republican debate 7PM tonight  (Read 4208 times)

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Republican debate 7PM tonight
« on: January 05, 2008, 06:45:33 PM »
and then at 8PM est we have the Demoncrats..i'm skipping that one.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Daniel

• Master JTFer
Re: Republican debate 7PM tonight
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2008, 06:51:51 PM »
and then at 8PM est we have the Demoncrats..i'm skipping that one.

Why? I'm watching both! I think they're both important since the candidates from both parties will be major factors in the primaries and the election.

Offline Baltimore

• Director Of Public Relations
  • Pro JTFer
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2008, 07:07:21 PM »
Soon!

Offline Baltimore

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2008, 07:23:14 PM »
Romney wants to teach muslims

Rudy just ripped Ron Paul!! Oh my!

Offline Daniel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2008, 08:04:16 PM »
Everybody is bitchslapping Ron Paul tonight, a badly deserved bitchslapping!

Offline Baltimore

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2008, 08:09:32 PM »
Ron Paul sounds terrible. They all attacked him. I almost fell asleep when Fred was talking. Rudy and Huckabee did well in the first round.

It seems like McCain does not understand the rules of the 2nd round. 

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2008, 08:33:46 PM »
Ron Paul just said he and Barack Obama [different brothers from the same mother] my comment :::D Have alot in common
« Last Edit: January 05, 2008, 08:45:00 PM by mord »
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Baltimore

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2008, 08:42:19 PM »
Romney says energy independence is impossible in 10 years.
Huckabee says it should be our goal. A Billion dollar bonus for the first car that gets 100 mpg!
Wow this man should win.

Offline Baltimore

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2008, 08:45:09 PM »
Although most of them are pure evil it was cool to see all 10 of the Dems and Reps on stage at the same time.  One of those 10 people will be our next Prez....

Offline Daniel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2008, 08:48:28 PM »
Guilliani sounded like Chaim when he said that the goal of energy independence should be set and accomplished the same way as putting a man on the moon.

The Dems and Reps just came out on stage and shook hands and hugged each other. What a nice little photo op. I just am very curious what they could have been saying to each other while they were embracing? "Hey, I hate your stinking guts! But I'm hugging you with a very pleasant smile on my face to look like a good guy for the cameras!"

Offline Ehud

• Master JTFer
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2008, 08:49:34 PM »
Was anyone else impressed/inspired by Huckabee and Giuliani's statements on energy independence?  I've never seen Giuliani come out so forceful in support of alternative energies as in this debate.  He sounded like Chaim, calling for a crash program on par with the program to put a man on the moon, led by the President and funded heavily.  Huckabee said that every time we spend money at the gas pump we might as well be sending a check to a madrassa, and he said that we should have programs such as providing a 1 billion dollar award for the first who can come up with a car that gets 100 MPG.  The way Romney spoke about it, you could tell he was a phony and a part of the corporate establishment.  This debate is the first time I've been really impressed with the candidate's stances, even Romney was quite impressive.  The way McCain performed tonight should hurt him in New Hampshire, along with all of his negative personal attacks on Romney.  He was vehemently on the attack, saying that Romney is truly the candidate of "change" and that it is easy for a newspaper to misquote him given how often he changes his positions.  McCain might have had a point, but I think that it came off as vicious. 
"The Jews will eventually have to face up to what you're dealing with here.  The arabs will never love you for what good you've brought them.  They don't know how to really love.  But hate!  Oh, G-d, can they hate!  And they have a deep, deep, deep resentment because you have jolted them from their delusions of grandeur and shown them for what they are-a decadent, savage people controlled by a religion that has stripped them of all human ambition . . . except for the few cruel enough and arrogant enough to command them as one commands a mob of sheep.  You are dealing with a mad society and you'd better learn how to control it."

-Excerpt from The Haj by Leon Uris

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2008, 08:51:12 PM »
He meant Romney has a different position evey debate
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Baltimore

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2008, 08:53:48 PM »
Guilliani sounded like Chaim when he said that the goal of energy independence should be set and accomplished the same way as putting a man on the moon.

That was freaky! I also noticed that.

Why did George Stephanopolus say fred thompson did well???? He was HORRIBLE! SO Boring.

McCain Calling Romeny the candidate of "Change" was hilarious!

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2008, 08:54:48 PM »
Biggest loser in my opinion: Fred Thompson...This guy has no shot...however, he would make a decent behind the scene advisor of many.  This guy is very boring and forget it..he's out of the race..

Other big loser: Romney-This guy is just plain arrogant..the only people who will go for him are big business snobby rich people...and they are the minority.

Ron Paul was a big loser also, but what I unfortunately admired about him was that he was principled and a zealout..The problem is that he is a zealout of evil causes in particular from the foreign policy side.  I like the fact that he is consistent, but consistent in bad things like the demoncrats.

McCain was a bigger winner than those three I mentioned...I would say he didn't gain favor or say anyhting special..he just simply stayed out of trouble which will help him get Romney and Thompson supporters who are a little more on the left wing/independent side.  Non-Naive republicans for Thompson will go for Huckabee or Guliani depending if they are more religious or not.  Those who are considering romney but are changing their minds based on his arrogance will most likely go for McCain's "compassionate". Very few would be Romney supporters will go to Guiliani because he's a tough guy.  A few more will consider Huckabee because he seems a little bit compassionate but tough at the same time.

The two big winners in my opinion were Guiliani and Huckabee who did not falter (as neither did Mccain).  Tough republicans who were undecided will go for Huckabee if they are religious or for Guliani if they are non-religious.

Ron Paul supporters will not increase nor decrease.  What will happen is that those who are anti-war but also for small govt (who are currently independent) will go for Ron Paul and those who are anti-war and for big govt. will go for Hitlery or Obama or Edwina.

I would say after this debate, Mccain will keep his lead and perhaps momentum, Guiliani and Huckabee will climb. But Guiliani will be in a close race with Mccain by primary day.  Romney will slip and may be about equal to Huckabee for a tie for third.  Ron paul will beat Thompson..thompson will quit the race by the end of New Hampshire.

I expect to Ron Paul to stick around until the end because he is very principled and has a very opposite point of view to everyone else. However, he will not win because his point of views are mostly nutty and does not resonate to the majority in this country.  I see Romney going at it until the end, but he won't win.  If Mccain loses NH and loses momentum he will put his support behind Guiliani. Guiliani and Huckabee will be the two esential people running against each other, but Romney will weaken Huckabee at the end.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Ehud

• Master JTFer
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2008, 08:56:05 PM »

That was freaky! I also noticed that.

Why did George Stephanopolus say fred thompson did well???? He was HORRIBLE! SO Boring.

McCain Calling Romeny the candidate of "Change" was hilarious!

I was freakin' out during that moment as well.  I even thought about whether some of Giuliani's campaign staff watched one of JTF videos and recommended that Giuliani use that line.  He also used the language of a "crash program", it was basically identical to what Chaim has been saying all along. 

When McCain called him that candidate of "change" I was shocked, it was truly a "Oh no he didn't" moment. 
"The Jews will eventually have to face up to what you're dealing with here.  The arabs will never love you for what good you've brought them.  They don't know how to really love.  But hate!  Oh, G-d, can they hate!  And they have a deep, deep, deep resentment because you have jolted them from their delusions of grandeur and shown them for what they are-a decadent, savage people controlled by a religion that has stripped them of all human ambition . . . except for the few cruel enough and arrogant enough to command them as one commands a mob of sheep.  You are dealing with a mad society and you'd better learn how to control it."

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2008, 08:57:09 PM »

The Dems and Reps just came out on stage and shook hands and hugged each other. What a nice little photo op. I just am very curious what they could have been saying to each other while they were embracing? "Hey, I hate your stinking guts! But I'm hugging you with a very pleasant smile on my face to look like a good guy for the cameras!"

My liberal rabbi (or former rabbi) said to me in a recent conversation that there has to be a Manhattan project-like to invent something (such as clean fusion) for all machines to have cheap or free energy to make oil obsolete.  (btw, this isn't the same rabbi, for those of you who remember, who talked about Brittany Spears and homosexual marraige on Yom Kippur...completely different guy).

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2008, 08:57:16 PM »

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline JTFFan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2008, 08:57:45 PM »

correct

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2008, 09:22:45 PM »
imitation of Fred Thompson:

"blah blah blah blah blah...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz..."

Offline Daniel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2008, 10:02:49 PM »
Was anyone else impressed/inspired by Huckabee and Giuliani's statements on energy independence?  I've never seen Giuliani come out so forceful in support of alternative energies as in this debate.  He sounded like Chaim, calling for a crash program on par with the program to put a man on the moon, led by the President and funded heavily.  Huckabee said that every time we spend money at the gas pump we might as well be sending a check to a madrassa, and he said that we should have programs such as providing a 1 billion dollar award for the first who can come up with a car that gets 100 MPG.  The way Romney spoke about it, you could tell he was a phony and a part of the corporate establishment.  This debate is the first time I've been really impressed with the candidate's stances, even Romney was quite impressive.  The way McCain performed tonight should hurt him in New Hampshire, along with all of his negative personal attacks on Romney.  He was vehemently on the attack, saying that Romney is truly the candidate of "change" and that it is easy for a newspaper to misquote him given how often he changes his positions.  McCain might have had a point, but I think that it came off as vicious. 

I fully agree with you and was also impressed/inspired by both Huckabee's And Giuliani's statements on energy independence. I also noticed the remark that Huckabee made about sending a check to a madrassa every time we pump up our cars from a company that imports from the middle east.

I thought Romney came out very defensive much of the time, especially when McCain and Huckabee dished out their zingers on him. But the one area that Romney did well was attacking McCain on his positions on immigration and amnesty. He had McCain on up against the ropes and didn't let him move out of the corner he was pinned in. So this clearly drew a distinction among the positions on immigration and how much more lenient McCain's policy is. But none of them took on the position that illegal immigrants should be deported. Also, Giuliani was making a statement that any illegal immigrants that "commit crimes" should be deported. Umm, hello! The fact that they are here illegally already makes them criminals!

Offline Ehud

• Master JTFer
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2008, 10:12:03 PM »

I fully agree with you and was also impressed/inspired by both Huckabee's And Giuliani's statements on energy independence. I also noticed the remark that Huckabee made about sending a check to a madrassa every time we pump up our cars from a company that imports from the middle east.

I thought Romney came out very defensive much of the time, especially when McCain and Huckabee dished out their zingers on him. But the one area that Romney did well was attacking McCain on his positions on immigration and amnesty. He had McCain on up against the ropes and didn't let him move out of the corner he was pinned in. So this clearly drew a distinction among the positions on immigration and how much more lenient McCain's policy is. But none of them took on the position that illegal immigrants should be deported. Also, Giuliani was making a statement that any illegal immigrants that "commit crimes" should be deported. Umm, hello! The fact that they are here illegally already makes them criminals!

I think it was Huckabee (not absolutely sure) who said something like "illegal aliens brought themselves here, they can take themselves out" implying that if you took away jobs, they would have no choice other than to leave.  Also I think it was Romney who said that there can't be any safe haven cities "like Giuliani had with New York", implying that if the jobs were taken away, and safe havens were done away with, the illegals would have no choice but to go back home.  Interesting that Romney criticized McCain's immigration stance, while failing to articulate his own.  He never said straight out or even alluded to deporting all the illegals, but he seemed to be making the point that deporting just the criminals wouldn't be enough.  I would like to know what Romney's full position on immigration is.  On one hand, he has a corporate background and probably is sympathetic to businesses who want to be able to hire illegals, and on the other hand he seems cold and callous, he responded to McCain's "sob story" about the illegal immigrant soldier and his family with callous indifference. 

Offline MasterWolf1

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2008, 10:12:55 PM »
I still perfer Rudy overall. 
RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!

Offline Daniel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2008, 10:33:43 PM »

I think it was Huckabee (not absolutely sure) who said something like "illegal aliens brought themselves here, they can take themselves out" implying that if you took away jobs, they would have no choice other than to leave.  Also I think it was Romney who said that there can't be any safe haven cities "like Giuliani had with New York", implying that if the jobs were taken away, and safe havens were done away with, the illegals would have no choice but to go back home.  Interesting that Romney criticized McCain's immigration stance, while failing to articulate his own.  He never said straight out or even alluded to deporting all the illegals, but he seemed to be making the point that deporting just the criminals wouldn't be enough.  I would like to know what Romney's full position on immigration is.  On one hand, he has a corporate background and probably is sympathetic to businesses who want to be able to hire illegals, and on the other hand he seems cold and callous, he responded to McCain's "sob story" about the illegal immigrant soldier and his family with callous indifference. 

I agree. I think that Thomson did the same. He pressed Romney hard on whether or not illegal aliens should be able to stay or if they would have to go. But then when Thomson was asked his opinion, he hesitated and fumbled without articulating his own position. That was so anticlimactic and such a failure for him to capitalize on what seemed to be a strong stance up until that point.

Offline Daniel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2008, 10:39:00 PM »
I'm watching the Democratic debate right now. I feel like I'm watching act two of Les Miserables, the first act being so exciting and moving and the second act being more boring and drawn out. I find this so dull in comparison to the republican debate. Edwards is talking up a lot the point about how the status quo will resist whenever change is proposed, making it extremely obvious that he's referring to Hillary without explicitly stating it. It looks like Edwards and Obama are tagteaming and agreeing with each other and trying to indirectly team up against Hillary. Richardson is just being a mushy little wuss trying to make nice-nice with everyone and everything  ::)
« Last Edit: January 05, 2008, 10:47:12 PM by Daniel »

Offline Baltimore

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2008, 06:58:42 AM »
Well it would be nice if moderators warned us when a thread was about o be moved to a little known forum. This was a great thread and now it has died because of relocation.

Anyway it looks like Edwards is really trying to get on the Obama ticket if he does not win. I thought it was a great move by him. I thought he won the debate and looked the best.   Richardson's ways are wimpy but he is lucky to even be on stage and no doubt this helped him raise some more money at least. Clinton looked horrible. She comes off very mean. You can see why so many people are jumping on the Obama train. It is annoying how many times people say "change".

Ok going back to the republicans and specifically Rudy. I think most people know I am one of the more logical and reasonable posters here. That being said I think there actually is a very slim chance that someone from Rudy's campaign took the energy independence stance of Chaim and JTF and told Rudy to say it. If it was another candidate I would not be saying this but Rudy is from NY and his people are from NY also. At some point they encountered JTF over the last decade+ that Rudy has had power there. What ever the case this just proves that getting the JTF word out there does make a difference and we need to work even harder to get our videos all over the web.