Author Topic: Is the meat Halal? This got me pissed off.  (Read 6210 times)

Offline The5Foota

• New JTFer
Is the meat Halal? This got me pissed off.
« on: November 27, 2006, 08:39:52 PM »
So my job sent out an e-mail to our entire agency letting us know about the up coming Holiday party in December. Inside the e-mail there are a series of questions and basic info about the party. For example there is the Where, when, time questions. Then there is some FAQs like will there be food for vegetarians and obviously there will be.

But here is where I got annoyed and you tell me if I am overreatcing.

The next question asks if the meat is Halal. Now I have no problem with them asking this. Its the right thing to do to make sure the proper food is provided for all the staff. But no where in the e-mail does it ask or mention anything about Kosher food. For the record, I'm not the most religious guy. I'm Jewish but dont practice. But it bothers the crap out of me that we are making sure that we dont offend Islam yet we completely ignore the needs of Jews. Am I bugging out here or is this indicitive of society today?

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
Re: Is the meat Halal? This got me pissed off.
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2006, 08:43:27 PM »
If they are making accommodations for one group they should make it for all. You should be annoyed by this.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline The5Foota

• New JTFer
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2006, 07:05:03 AM »
Its not really a Christmas party though. Its a year end Holiday celebration that they give to us in place of a bonus but of course if we want to bring our spouse we have to pay an extra $28 for them to go. Great organization we have - its actually a not for profit agency that provides services to people in need in Queens, NY. Its a great organization. It really is. But this whole Halal thing got me so freaking annoyed because my agency is so Liberal its beyond belief. The fact that they mentioned that the food would be ok for Islamic people and make no mention of Kosher food or any other food that people may require makes me wonder if they are scared of something. What if the meat is NOT Halal? Will there be threats against our agency? Its absurd and if the kosher part was left out on purpose then I'm going to have a serious issue with my job. I'm tired of this double standard and this appeasment of a group of people that will kill you the second your back is turned.

Offline The5Foota

• New JTFer
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2006, 10:10:54 AM »
I guess not even the Jewish people care.

Rhuan

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2006, 11:45:47 AM »
If they are going to offer halal food, they should definately offer kosher food. Though, as christmas is really a christian celebration, there shouldn't be any need for either kosher or halal, but then again, Christmas is celebrated by atheists as well these days so...

Offline The5Foota

• New JTFer
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2006, 11:53:39 AM »
ITS A HOLIDAY PARTY. HOLIDAY. NOT SPECIFICALLY CHRISTMAS. HOLIDAY. All year end holidays are represented. I think they call it a winter solstice party actually but its the year end holiday party. The point is not why are they offering these foods during a Christmas party you nitwits. Its why are they ONLY focusing on Islamic needs and ignoring the needs of others.

Jeeeeez. Cant even have an intelligent convo here anymore.

Rhuan

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2006, 11:59:51 AM »
Did you read the first sentence of my post?

Offline Alex

• Full JTFer
  • Gordon Freeman fan!
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2006, 04:35:17 PM »
Why should they serve Kosher food or Halal food at a Christmas party? It is also politically correct nonsense that they call it a "holiday" party. It is Christmas. I get offended as a Jew if they try to compare Hanukkah with Christmas. Christmas parties should be Christian and not Jewish OR Muslim. It is not a Ramadan party so there is no need for Halal food. If it was a Hanukkah party, then there should be kosher food.

I agree with you totally. I'm sick and tired of all the complacent marketing ploys and commercials referring to Hanukkah and Christmas as "The Holidays." Its disgusting when they try to mash it all into there. Hanukkah, Christmas, ramadan, "kwanzaa"...

You see these diverse, politically correct commercials of materialistic people that seem almost completely blissful and oblivious of the problems in the world.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2006, 05:25:32 PM by Alex »

Offline The5Foota

• New JTFer
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2006, 08:59:38 AM »
Not 1 person would answer my questions at work only to tell me that I am over reacting. If I could leave my job today I would. I cant stand working for such a liberal organization. Cant stand it.

sat_chit_anand

« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2006, 09:09:42 AM »
Not 1 person would answer my questions at work only to tell me that I am over reacting. If I could leave my job today I would. I cant stand working for such a liberal organization. Cant stand it.

I sympathize entirely. I am at university, and it really gets my goat. Recently we had an 'interfaith' service at the Chapel...

The issue here is that they have ignored Kosher and only covered Halal. Well, there are other restrictions on diet too.

I do not eat meat, fish, eggs, onion, garlic, mushroom, because I follow a strict (and actually, monotheist) Hindu sect. Do I make a fuss? No. I just eat what I can, or bring my own.

The only difference is that muzzies make more noise than anyone else on planet because their religion is  basically just an inadequate pyramid selling scheme which is psychosexually oriented around paedophilia.

What do you think of my analysis?
« Last Edit: November 29, 2006, 09:11:59 AM by sat_chit_anand »

Offline davkakach

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2006, 10:32:24 PM »
That sux.  Accept my sincere sympathy.
Tolerance becomes a crime when applied to evil.   --Thomas Mann

Offline genteelgentile

• Pro JTFer
  • Chaim Ben Pesach- Civil Rights Leader 4 The Ages
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2006, 10:16:00 PM »
Analysis: Dead on
I LOVE dogs because muslims do not!!!!  Have your dog kiss a muslim today!

Rhuan

« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2006, 03:58:43 PM »
I agree with your analysis, but you have glossed over the details.

Offline angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2006, 04:16:33 AM »
The only reason no one takes notice of kosher food or the jews needs is becaue THEY ARE TOO QUIET.....i'm not

No.

The Jews are very vocal -- for muslims.

Actually I see the OK and OU on every food product.
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774