Author Topic: My Baby  (Read 7602 times)

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
My Baby
« on: January 08, 2008, 08:26:28 AM »

This is my little girl, Eva. :)

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
Re: My Baby
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2008, 12:23:52 PM »

This is my little girl, Eva. :)

It's a cute ferret :)
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2008, 05:32:23 PM »
I was expecting a child or something Lol. :)

Sweet ferret. :)

Kiwi

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2008, 07:31:13 PM »
WOW we had one for a short time, but he only was on holidays with us. The are great animals.
Funny smell tho  ???

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2008, 07:58:54 PM »
Thanks guys.

Yeah, she does smell like a little weasel, but dogs smell like dogs too.

It's not any worse, in my opinion, just different.

She's very sweet and playful. I'll be uploading some more videos of her later.

Kiwi

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2008, 08:01:33 PM »
Thanks guys.

Yeah, she does smell like a little weasel, but dogs smell like dogs too.

It's not any worse, in my opinion, just different.

She's very sweet and playful. I'll be uploading some more videos of her later.

Haha Ruby I didn't mean that in a bad way, just it was so different. He stayed in our living room for a month, in a big cage and would come out most of the time.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2008, 08:01:45 PM »

One time someone asked if I wanted to see their lizards, and I said "Yeah, I like lizards!" and it was a picture of their kids.

Kiwi

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2008, 08:04:00 PM »
Haha Ruby I didn't mean that in a bad way, just it was so different. He stayed in our living room for a month, in a big cage and would come out most of the time.

Cool :)

Now you see why I can't stand Giuliani.

Who?

Offline serbian army

• Master JTFer
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2008, 08:04:26 PM »
you have sexy voice ;D
Serbia will never surrender Kosovo to the breakaway province's ethnic Albanian majority or trade its territory for European Union or NATO membership,

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2008, 08:08:22 PM »

Kiwi

« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2008, 08:20:38 PM »
Who?

Good answer!  :::D

He went off on some tirade to a ferret owner who asked why he banned ferrets in New York City calling the ferret owner sick.

Oh oh ok I know now, hehe. He might of been bitten by one you never know  :::D

Banning them pfft, whats next goldfish?

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2008, 08:32:01 PM »
Banning them pfft, whats next goldfish?

I'm not sure, but there are big prejudices against any animal that's not a dog or a cat, no matter how many thousands of years they've been domesticated.

Some people even want to ban corn snakes, and they're even more harmless than ferrets.

newman

« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2008, 09:47:20 PM »
Ruby,

Is your husband scared the ferret will run up his trouser leg? I've heard they do that.

Offline MasterWolf1

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2008, 10:11:38 PM »
These are my babies

and

RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!

Boeregeneraal

« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2008, 10:14:14 PM »

One time someone asked if I wanted to see their lizards, and I said "Yeah, I like lizards!" and it was a picture of their kids.
:::D :::D :::D
With today's useless kids, can you blame them? :::D

btw, nice little girl, i once wanted to get some  to combat the snakes, but their expensive, and i hear they tend to urinate everywhere?

oh Masterwolf, I have a cat exactly like yours...the best cat ive ever had O0 :)

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2008, 12:23:49 AM »
Masterwolf, they're beautiful. :)

I love golden retreivers. I just love the way their fur feels, the way their eyes look, everything about them.

I've also always been fond of black cats. They look regal somehow to me, and very beautiful as well.

You should be very proud of your pets, they're lovely. :)

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2008, 12:27:03 AM »
btw, nice little girl, i once wanted to get some  to combat the snakes, but their expensive, and i hear they tend to urinate everywhere?

They usually urinate and drop feces in a corner if they don't make it to the litter box. If they keep going in the same corner despite being litter trained you can always put another litter tray there in that corner or some newspapers while they're out. I woudln't recommend them for snakes though. I think you've gotten them confused with mongooses. They do look similar though. A lot of people also name their ferrets rikki tikki tavi, which further confuses things.

Oh, the litter box has to be cleaned out every day, and sometimes twice a day. They seriously poop as much as a small dog. :) They have a very short digestive tract and that's why.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2008, 12:29:22 AM »

Mongoose

Ferrets

Boeregeneraal

« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2008, 02:32:19 AM »
oooooh, i see. lol. :::D :D

Offline MasterWolf1

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2008, 03:19:09 PM »
Masterwolf, they're beautiful. :)

I love golden retreivers. I just love the way their fur feels, the way their eyes look, everything about them.

I've also always been fond of black cats. They look regal somehow to me, and very beautiful as well.

You should be very proud of your pets, they're lovely. :)

Oh I am, they get spoiled by me, but ya know I grew up all my life with some pet, and animals are great for hospitals.  Dogs and cats.  I know someone who owns a ranch in Florida that has horses, and she uses these horses for children hospitals to meet the kids and it brings smiles on their faces.
RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!

Offline Ehud

• Master JTFer
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2008, 03:51:08 PM »
Cute ferret, Rubystars.   O0

I had a female albino ferret in California, she just walked into our backyard one day and approached the backdoor, so we kept her as a pet because ferrets are illegal in California so we couldn't put up a "found" sign.  She was the sweetest, most gentle thing.  When my mom and sister moved to Israel and I moved to college we had to give her up so we gave her to a girl who was taking piano lessons from my sister. 
"The Jews will eventually have to face up to what you're dealing with here.  The arabs will never love you for what good you've brought them.  They don't know how to really love.  But hate!  Oh, G-d, can they hate!  And they have a deep, deep, deep resentment because you have jolted them from their delusions of grandeur and shown them for what they are-a decadent, savage people controlled by a religion that has stripped them of all human ambition . . . except for the few cruel enough and arrogant enough to command them as one commands a mob of sheep.  You are dealing with a mad society and you'd better learn how to control it."

-Excerpt from The Haj by Leon Uris

Offline Ari

• Master JTFer
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2008, 10:18:17 PM »
I used to have a guinea pig.  Albino like that ferrat I believe.  Can ferrats live easily in the wild?

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2008, 10:57:58 PM »
I used to have a guinea pig.  Albino like that ferrat I believe.  Can ferrats live easily in the wild?

Ferrets are domesticated animals, and can usually fix onto one type of food. It's very hard to even switch them to another type of kibble unless you slowly transition them over to it by mixing.

I tried to give my Eva a treat and she wouldn't even try it, until I dropped it into her food bowl and then she happened to eat some with her food. After that she'd eat the treat and would sit up for it. Before that she didn't even recognize it as food.

If a domestic ferret disappears and is not rescued it will likely starve to death quickly.

There are wild European polecats (a type of weasel) which are very closely related to the domestic ferret, but they're not the same as ferrets and are not domesticated. Sort of like wolves are to dogs. There's also an American animal called the black footed ferret which is a wild animal in the United States, but again, they're not the same as the domestic ferret.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2008, 10:59:43 PM »
Oh I am, they get spoiled by me, but ya know I grew up all my life with some pet, and animals are great for hospitals.  Dogs and cats.  I know someone who owns a ranch in Florida that has horses, and she uses these horses for children hospitals to meet the kids and it brings smiles on their faces.

I think it's wonderful how animals can be used to heal.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2008, 11:01:01 PM »
Cute ferret, Rubystars.   O0

I had a female albino ferret in California, she just walked into our backyard one day and approached the backdoor, so we kept her as a pet because ferrets are illegal in California so we couldn't put up a "found" sign.  She was the sweetest, most gentle thing.  When my mom and sister moved to Israel and I moved to college we had to give her up so we gave her to a girl who was taking piano lessons from my sister. 

It was a great thing you saved her! That was so wonderful that you were able to do that! My dog, now around 17 years old, was a stray and we found him when he was around 1.