Author Topic: Funeral of R'Shmuel Berenbaum ZT"L- Connection to Rabbi Kahane  (Read 821 times)

Offline Dominater96

• Senior JTFer
Funeral of R'Shmuel Berenbaum ZT"L- Connection to Rabbi Kahane
« on: January 10, 2008, 06:41:40 PM »
A couple days ago, I with my yeshivah attended the funeral of R'Shmuel Berenbaum, Rosh Yeshivah of Yeshivat Mir. There was alot of traffic so we couldnt take the bus the full way, so we got off and walked a couple of blocks. I was walking, and got to talking with my Assistant Rosh Yeshivah, we saw the crowd and I thought it was huge, then he told me "You should have seen Rabbi Kahane's funeral which took place next door to Mirrer Yeshivah, at Young Israel". He said that they closed off the whole Ocean Parkway block. He also said that the crowd went crazy when the casket came out. A couple steps ahead close to the corner of Kings Highway and Ocean Parkway, we saw an invitation to participate in the Yahrzeit of Rabbi Kahane, we thought this was a huge coincidence.  This got alot of us talking about it. Signs like these bring up the Rabbi Kahanes name and ideas. I think more posters about various Rabbi Kahane ideas whould be put up all around areas where Jews live like Brooklyn, it only brings us more followers of the Rabbi. His face should be on them to draw attention, thats what drew ours.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2008, 09:31:52 PM by Dominater96 »