Author Topic: Obama Writes Letter To UN Defending Israel. Looking For Votes?  (Read 6458 times)

Offline Yisrael

• Master JTFer
  • Oy!
Obama Writes Letter To UN Defending Israel. Looking For Votes?
« on: January 24, 2008, 01:22:38 PM »
http://theyeshivaworld.com/news/General+News/13991/Obama+Writes+Letter+To+UN+Defending+Israel.+Looking+For+Votes?.html

Obama Writes Letter To UN Defending Israel. Looking For Votes?
January 24, 2008

Zalmay Khalilzad, the U.S. ambassador to the UN, found a short letter in his mailbox two days ago. The sender: Barack Obama. The subject: The Security Council meeting regarding the situation in Gaza.

Here is the text of the letter:

Dear Ambassador Khalizad:

I understand that today the U.N. Security Council met regarding the situation in Gaza, and that a resolution or statement could be forthcoming from the Council in short order.

I urge you to ensure that the Security Council issue no statement and pass no resolution on this matter that does not fully condemn the rocket assault Hamas has been conducting on civilians in Southern Israel for over two years.

All of us are concerned about the impact of closed border crossings on Palestinian families. However, we have to understand why Israel is forced to do this. Gaza is governed by Hamas, which is a terrorist organization sworn to Israel’s destruction, and Israeli civilians are being bombarded by rockets on an almost daily basis. That is unacceptable and Israel has a right to respond while seeking to minimize any impact on civilians.

The Security Council should clearly and unequivocally condemn the rocket attacks against Israel, and should make clear that Israel has the right to defend itself against such actions. If it cannot bring itself to make these common sense points, I urge you to ensure that it does not speak at all.

Sincerely,
Barak Obama
United States Senator

"Secular Zionism is racism. Religious Zionism is Judaism."
No one who votes for Obama cares that he is a crack addict or a fag. That's the scariest thing about him. --- Bonecrkr

"When I take action, I’m not going to fire a $2 million missile at a $10 empty tent and hit a camel in the butt. It’s going to be decisive."
- George W. Bush, 43rd President of the United States of America

Offline RationalThought110

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: Obama Writes Letter To UN Defending Israel. Looking For Votes?
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2008, 01:25:47 PM »
Yes.

Among Jews who vote for a Democrat, they're probably more likely to vote for Hillary.  So he's trying to get them to vote for him instead of her. 

Offline Yisrael

• Master JTFer
  • Oy!
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2008, 01:27:34 PM »
It's still a pretty nice letter from a leftist like Obama.

"Secular Zionism is racism. Religious Zionism is Judaism."
No one who votes for Obama cares that he is a crack addict or a fag. That's the scariest thing about him. --- Bonecrkr

"When I take action, I’m not going to fire a $2 million missile at a $10 empty tent and hit a camel in the butt. It’s going to be decisive."
- George W. Bush, 43rd President of the United States of America

Offline Muck DeFuslims

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2008, 01:56:37 PM »
The letter is a bunch of crap.

What the black moooozie is doing is setting up a scenario where it will be justifiable to condemn Israel, because Hamas has also been condemned.

In other words, he's all for criticizing Israel's mild reaction to Hamas rocket bombardments, just as long as Hamas is also criticized.

This is the moooozies version of appearing to be 'even handed'.

But is being 'even handed' what is called for in this situation ?

Of course not !

Being 'even handed' implies a moral equivalency and assigns identical guilt to the side launching rockets at innocent civilians and the side taking the meakest of actions by temporarily cutting off delivery of fuel to the rocket launchers.

Don't be fooled by the mooooozie, he's no friend of Israel.

There's only one nation on Earth that is forbidden to sit on the U.N. Security Council.

Take a wild guess which nation that is.

Screw the black mooooozie and screw the U.N.

Offline Ultra Requete

• Master JTFer
  • United We Stand, Dived We'll Fall.
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2008, 03:08:23 PM »
Let me guess it's Israel... Obama wants the votes of democrat Jews... He's no lover of Zion; not at all...
Jeremiah 8:11-17

11 They dress the wound of my people as though it were not serious. Peace, peace, they say, when there is no peace.

12 Are they ashamed of their loathsome conduct? No, they have no shame at all; they do not even know how to blush. So they will fall among the fallen; they will be brought down when they are punished, says the LORD.

13 'I will take away their harvest, declares the LORD. There will be no grapes on the vine. There will be no figs on the tree, and their leaves will wither. What I have given them will be taken from them.'

14 Why are we sitting here? Gather together! Let us flee to the fortified cities and perish there! For the LORD our God has doomed us to perish and given us poisoned water to drink, because we have sinned against him.

15 We hoped for peace but no good has come, for a time of healing but there was only terror.

16 The snorting of the enemy's horses is heard from Dan; at the neighing of their stallions the whole land trembles. They have come to devour the land and everything in it, the city and all who live there.

17 See, I will send venomous snakes among you, vipers that cannot be charmed, and they will bite you, declares the LORD.

Love your Enemy
And Heap Burning Coals on his Head!!!
http://net-burst.net/revenge/love_and_wrath_of_God.htm

Offline Kananga

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2008, 03:21:37 PM »
I agree that he's no fundamentalist fire and brimstone Christian like ole Hucklebuck.  But what makes you so sure he would support Israel?  Remember, the two most important land giveways happened under the watch of a Republican President.

Offline Ultra Requete

• Master JTFer
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2008, 03:25:51 PM »
I agree that he's no fundamentalist fire and brimstone Christian like ole Hucklebuck.  But what makes you so sure he would support Israel?  Remember, the two most important land giveways happened under the watch of a Republican President.

Maybe becouse he's negro and his voters let say don't like Jews and Israel too much, or maybe couse he's musslime he hate them even more? 

11 They dress the wound of my people as though it were not serious. Peace, peace, they say, when there is no peace.

12 Are they ashamed of their loathsome conduct? No, they have no shame at all; they do not even know how to blush. So they will fall among the fallen; they will be brought down when they are punished, says the LORD.

13 'I will take away their harvest, declares the LORD. There will be no grapes on the vine. There will be no figs on the tree, and their leaves will wither. What I have given them will be taken from them.'

14 Why are we sitting here? Gather together! Let us flee to the fortified cities and perish there! For the LORD our God has doomed us to perish and given us poisoned water to drink, because we have sinned against him.

15 We hoped for peace but no good has come, for a time of healing but there was only terror.

16 The snorting of the enemy's horses is heard from Dan; at the neighing of their stallions the whole land trembles. They have come to devour the land and everything in it, the city and all who live there.

17 See, I will send venomous snakes among you, vipers that cannot be charmed, and they will bite you, declares the LORD.

Love your Enemy

Offline Kananga

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2008, 03:28:34 PM »
He's half-white and he is not a Muslim.  But perhaps if you say it three times while clicking your heels...

newman

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2008, 03:31:31 PM »
He's half-white and he is not a Muslim.  But perhaps if you say it three times while clicking your heels...

His father was a black, muSSlim animal and so is he. He went to a madrassa for crying out loud.

Love your avatar, Hambone.

Offline Kananga

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2008, 03:34:14 PM »
I figured you would Newman.

So my father was an atheist.  Does that mean that I'm an atheist too, regardless of what I believe?

Offline Ultra Requete

• Master JTFer
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2008, 03:35:04 PM »

His father was a black, muSSlim animal and so is he. He went to a madrassa for crying out loud.

Love your avatar, Hambone.

So he's self hating white? or uncle Tom infidel now? ::) 

Love your Enemy

newman

« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2008, 03:36:33 PM »

So my father was an atheist.  Does that mean that I'm an atheist too, regardless of what I believe?

No.

But this guy has made much of his pigrimage to Kenya and his 'affinity' with miSSlims. The odds are he is one.

Offline Ultra Requete

• Master JTFer
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2008, 03:45:18 PM »

You can't just walk away from Isslam, it not public cafeteria; Acording to muSSlime law he's moslime too and aposates are threated with death, So why mo-slime are not after him?

Love your Enemy

Offline Kananga

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2008, 03:47:23 PM »
Kenya was the birthplace of his biological father.  I don't see anything so unusal about that.  Many young men who were orphaned or estranged from their fathers at a young age often try to reconcile their anguish of having grown up without their birth father.  It's a part of growing up and coming into your own. 

My father was from Nashville.  I could go to Nashville, sit on the porch with my atheist relatives, and then later write about the experience I had, how it brought much needed clarity in my life.   Doesn't mean I'm going to start wearing rhinestone studded jumpsuits, popping pills,  and eating bacon and bannana sandwiches.

http://my.barackobama.com/page/invite/faith

Offline Kananga

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2008, 04:00:46 PM »

You can't just walk away from Isslam, it not public cafeteria; Acording to muSSlime law he's moslime too and aposates are threated with death, So why mo-slime are not after him?

Yeah, I remember when that was first put out there.   I remember where Daniel Pipes was promoting this idea, but failed to show the Hadith to prove that this was indeed the case.

Obama cannot be considered an apostate in Islam because, as a child who was raised Christian, he never could renounce Islam.  Here is a quote from the hadith which disproves Pipe's claim that Obama is a muslim according to Islamic law:

"Reaching 15 years of age: When the person reaches 15, he or she is a man or a woman, and anything that is obligatory on a man or woman is obligatory on him or her from that time on.
In a hadith reported by Abdullah Bin Umar (RAA), he said: "My parents brought me to the Messenger of Allah on the eve of the Battle of Uhud and I was fourteen years old, so the Prophet (PBUH) did not enlist me in fighting." But a year later in the Battle of Al-Khandaqq (Trench), I was fifteen, so this time the Prophet (PBUH) enlisted me in the combat." (Muslim)
This hadith indicates the age of 15 is the legal age for a Muslim boy or girl to be responsible for his or her religion as well as worldly responsibilities. :

http://www.contactpakistan.com/Communitylibrary/Islam/Ramadan/mandatory.htm

newman

« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2008, 04:07:59 PM »

Bad analogy because atheists believe in nothing.

Now if your dad was a mormon pervert and sent you to a mormon pervert school, you'd be a mormon pervert (in all liklyhood).

Offline judeanoncapta

• Master JTFer
  • Rebuild it now!!!!
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2008, 04:16:56 PM »
This is takkiya of the highest order.

Obama has had fundraisers organized for him by the Host of "Radio Intifada"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't be fooled by this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post questions here for the ASK JUDEA TORAH SHOW

my blog: Yehudi-Nation

Who is truly wise? He who can see the future. I see tommorow today and I want to end it - Rabbi Meir Daweedh Kahana

Offline Kananga

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2008, 04:18:37 PM »
 My father really was an atheist.  I went to an Episcopalian school until I was eight, but I was never baptised a Christian.  Even though  I identify religiously as a Jew and underwent a Halachic conversion, would it be fair to someone to still maintain that I'm a Christian or an Atheist?

Offline judeanoncapta

• Master JTFer
  • Rebuild it now!!!!
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2008, 04:20:02 PM »
My father really was an atheist.  I went to an Episcopalian school until I was eight, but I was never baptised a Christian.  Even though  I identify religiously as a Jew and underwent a Halachic conversion, would it be fair to someone to still maintain that I'm a Christian or an Atheist?

No, that would not be fair.

But what exactly does that have to do with Obama, the UN and Israel?

Who is truly wise? He who can see the future. I see tommorow today and I want to end it - Rabbi Meir Daweedh Kahana

Offline Kananga

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2008, 04:22:22 PM »

Obama has had fundraisers organized for him by the Host of "Radio Intifada"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You mean Amy Goodman?  Since when did she become an Al-Qaeda operative?

Offline judeanoncapta

• Master JTFer
  • Rebuild it now!!!!
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2008, 04:25:09 PM »

You mean Amy Goodman?  Since when did she become an Al-Qaeda operative?

No, Amy Goodman is the host of Democracy Now. I was referring to ALI ABUNIMAH.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2008, 04:26:49 PM »
Takkiya Takkiya Taaaakiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiyaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Kananga

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2008, 04:31:13 PM »

I guess your point is that it wouldn't matter what his religion,  he's a black man who isn't an "Alan Keys" type, so he can't be trusted.   This is in keeping with the whole sterotype that blacks are a monolith, and are hopelessly trapped in groupthink mentality.

Two Jews can have three opinions, but blacks are only allowed to have one.

newman

« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2008, 04:32:29 PM »

I guess your point is that it wouldn't matter what his religion,  he's a black man who isn't an "Alan Keys" type, so he can't be trusted.   This is in keeping with the whole sterotype that blacks are a monolith, and are hopelessly trapped in groupthink mentality.

They's all loves chicken.

Offline judeanoncapta

• Master JTFer
  • Rebuild it now!!!!
« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2008, 04:35:01 PM »

You're quite a queer fellow, Hambone.

And Two Jews having three opinions in NOT a compliment. It shows how confused and divided we are in our Exile.