Author Topic: Jtf Members internet connections.  (Read 6049 times)

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
Jtf Members internet connections.
« on: January 24, 2008, 08:26:48 PM »
Hey everyone. I was wondering what internet service provider everyone is using here.
I am urinating on a Koran.

Offline Ari

• Master JTFer
Re: Jtf Members internet connections.
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2008, 08:28:52 PM »
Good question.  I was wondering this.  I would like some alternatives.  I hate having to rely on my incompetent, affirmitive action cable company where something seems to go wrong every other day. O0

Offline Dan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2008, 08:32:48 PM »
I have Road Runner speed... through time warner!
The Best and Fastest connection... besides FIOS, which is not available in my area.

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2008, 08:33:45 PM »
Tiscali broadband. Polite Indians manage to sort out the very few problems, if any at all.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2008, 08:36:28 PM by Sarah »

Offline jdl4ever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2008, 08:35:24 PM »
I have roadrunner cable internet.  Very expensive but with so much bandwidth I could share my connection with 15 people!
"Enough weeping and wailing; and the following of leaders & rabbis who are pygmies of little faith & less understanding."
"I believe very much in a nation beating their swords into plowshears but when my enemy has a sword I don't want a plowshear"
-Rabbi Meir Kahane Zs'l HYD

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2008, 08:38:32 PM »
Using Cox Cable, I have a 15 mbit connection, it's ok.

At my work however, we have a OC3 (Fiber Optics), fun downloading torrents at fast speeds. I love my job.

Offline Ambiorix

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • There is no "Istanbul"
    • Brussels Journal
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2008, 08:39:06 PM »
I have roadrunner cable internet.  Very expensive but with so much bandwidth I could share my connection with 15 people!
how much Mb/sec ??
Turkey must get out of NATO. NATO must get out of Kosovo-Serbia. Croats must get out of Crajina. All muslims must get out of Christian and Jewish land. Turks must get out of Cyprus. Turks must get out of "Istanbul". "Palestinians" must get out of Israel. Israel must become independent from USA.

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2008, 08:41:10 PM »
Hehe, I have fios for the last year and a half. I used to have roadrunner. To tell you the truth, I don't really feel it to be faster than road runner even though I have the 30mbit down/5mbit up fios package. I don't think it was wise to make the switch as the fios installation consisted of removing the old copper wire from my house to the pole which means that the only phone company I can ever use is verizon. I think it's illegal and it sucks for me.

Offline Ari

• Master JTFer
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2008, 08:42:16 PM »
Yes, I have the RoadRunner too, but I still use AOL because I'm used to it.

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2008, 08:42:29 PM »
Ambiorix, Roadrunner in Queens NY is 10mbit down/ 512kb up. They used to offer 15/768 and 20/1 for more money but people werent getting their advertised speeds so temporarily they are only offering the 10/512 package now for 45 bucks a month.

Offline Ambiorix

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • There is no "Istanbul"
    • Brussels Journal
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2008, 08:44:28 PM »
Ambiorix, Roadrunner in Queens NY is 10mbit down/ 512kb up. They used to offer 15/768 and 20/1 for more money but people werent getting their advertised speeds so temporarily they are only offering the 10/512 package now for 45 bucks a month.
That's fast.
Turkey must get out of NATO. NATO must get out of Kosovo-Serbia. Croats must get out of Crajina. All muslims must get out of Christian and Jewish land. Turks must get out of Cyprus. Turks must get out of "Istanbul". "Palestinians" must get out of Israel. Israel must become independent from USA.

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2008, 08:44:46 PM »

At my work however, we have a OC3 (Fiber Optics), fun downloading torrents at fast speeds. I love my job.

Cohen, you cant download torrents on cox? I will tell you the truth, their is very little increase in performance with my 30/5 fios connection over my old time warner rodrunner connection when using emule as I still have to download off all the sources. I have confirmed that the fios is giving me the advertised speeds at speedtest.net

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2008, 08:44:54 PM »
Verizon is very good. They offer a few different Broad Band speeds all good. The modem comes both wireless and wired and I am able to run 4 systems on it at one time. I have had three on at one time and it works fine.  The best part of the deal is I can take my lap top out in the yard in the summer and the range is well over 100 feet from the modem. The basic package is very reasonable only slightly more than dial up.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2008, 08:46:26 PM »
That's fast.

Ambiorix, verizon fios offers speeds all the way up to 50mbit down/ 20mbit up. Thats fast but not needed by most people. You really need to be transferring a tremendous amount of data to make that worth it.

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2008, 08:48:21 PM »
Tiscali broadband. Polite Indians manage to sort out the very few problems, if any at all.

Sarah, is tiscali DSL or cable?

Offline ASHISH

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2008, 08:51:00 PM »
i have 256 kbps connection which cost me $30 :'(.internet onnection are very expensive in india.

Offline KansasJew

• Senior JTFer
  • JTF Logo I made
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2008, 08:51:23 PM »
AT& T DSL  

4.8 mb/s download speed
650 kb/s upload speed
« Last Edit: January 24, 2008, 08:54:16 PM by KansasJew »
Remember there has to be strong silent men on the walls at night to protect the people. Be Strong but not aggressive. Be Peaceful but not weak. Defend the Jewish People at all cost.

Offline Ambiorix

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • There is no "Istanbul"
    • Brussels Journal
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2008, 08:52:02 PM »
That's fast.

Ambiorix, verizon fios offers speeds all the way up to 50mbit down/ 20mbit up. Thats fast but not needed by most people. You really need to be transferring a tremendous amount of data to make that worth it.

I have 3 Mbps down and 256 Kbps up.

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2008, 08:52:16 PM »

Cohen, you cant download torrents on cox? I will tell you the truth, their is very little increase in performance with my 30/5 fios connection over my old time warner rodrunner connection when using emule as I still have to download off all the sources. I have confirmed that the fios is giving me the advertised speeds at speedtest.net

I download torrents on Cox, but i'm on a business line, maybe they regulate it for home users? I am members of private networks and normally cap out my connection which is fun.

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2008, 08:54:01 PM »
I doubt Cox would regulate your connection, you can do anything you want with it. When I had roadrunner I abused the line a ton and nothing ever was done. It seems America has the fastest connection speeds.

Offline KansasJew

• Senior JTFer
  • JTF Logo I made
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2008, 08:55:01 PM »
Ha I beat ya Cohen na noo na noo  :P
Remember there has to be strong silent men on the walls at night to protect the people. Be Strong but not aggressive. Be Peaceful but not weak. Defend the Jewish People at all cost.

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2008, 08:56:34 PM »
I doubt Cox would regulate your connection, you can do anything you want with it. When I had roadrunner I abused the line a ton and nothing ever was done. It seems America has the fastest connection speeds.

Japan has some of the fastest connections in the world, same with South Korea. They are wired for Fiber everywhere, lucky bastards.

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2008, 08:58:57 PM »
Cohen Fios is not faster than all cable companies. For instance, the entire nassau and suffolk county and parts of manhattan and brooklyn are serviced by cablevision which is OptimumOnline. They offer 30/5 connections which are up their with fios. Fiber is not always better.

Offline KansasJew

• Senior JTFer
  • JTF Logo I made
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2008, 09:01:33 PM »
France is said to have the fastest Internet Connections in the world currently.

with an AVERAGE SPEED of 44mb/s

>:(

Offline Ambiorix

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • There is no "Istanbul"
    • Brussels Journal
« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2008, 09:03:10 PM »
France is said to have the fastest Internet Connections in the world currently.

with an AVERAGE SPEED of 44mb/s

>:(
We'll be talking in 10 years about 10GB/s