Author Topic: how can romney be pro banning assault weapons, yet claim hes pro 2nd amendment??  (Read 2729 times)

Offline christians4jews

• Master JTFer
Huckabee asked him his position, and his answer confused me, i thougt true pro second ammentders would be well against banning assualt weapons...????

Offline New Yorker

• Ultimate JTFer
Huckabee asked him his position, and his answer confused me, i thougt true pro second ammentders would be well against banning assualt weapons...????

I'm starting to think there's nobody to vote for. They all suck royally.  :(
Nuke the arabs till they glow, then shoot them in the dark.

newman

Good point.

The 2nd ammendment doesn't stipulate that civilian guns must be several generations behind or have less firepower than the weapons issued to the state's army anymore than private cars must be slower than the highway patrol's vehicles.

Offline christians4jews

• Master JTFer

Good point.

The 2nd ammendment doesn't stipulate that civilian guns must be several generations behind or have less firepower than the weapons issued to the state's army anymore than private cars must be slower than the highway patrol's vehicles.

so what is romneys position, as it seemed to me it was his equivalent of him being pro choice and pro life as well...

newman

Good point.

so what is romneys position, as it seemed to me it was his equivalent of him being pro choice and pro life as well...

I dunno.

I just know that saying the 2nd ammendment applies only muzzle loading muskets (of the 18th century) or saying it doesn't allow semi-autos is like saying the first ammendment doesn't apply to the internet, TV or radio but only to the feather quill and the public square soap box!

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
This is a major reason I won't support Romney, you can't be pro second amendment but support banning a class of firearms.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=IaUvmWHzqJ0

http://youtube.com/watch?v=5pcDA9sZES0

http://youtube.com/watch?v=7-UQG7k1uX0

See it for yourself.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2008, 10:31:31 PM by Cohen »

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
Their is nobody to vote for and the country is done with. I hope my family decides to move to Israel. The righteous gentiles are screwed and I feel bad for them.
I am urinating on a Koran.

Offline christians4jews

• Master JTFer
Their is nobody to vote for and the country is done with. I hope my family decides to move to Israel. The righteous gentiles are screwed and I feel bad for them.

huckabe is your answer my friend....

Online cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
As goes America the rest of the world will soon follow. There is really no place safe to hide.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

newman

This is a major reason I won't support Romney, you can't be pro second amendment but support banning a class of firearms.

See it for yourself.

They banned the small .32s and Walther PPks for being to small. They banned the S&W .50 handgun for being too big. They banned other guns for being too cheap. They want to ban semi-auto, military style weapons (they are NOT assault weapons- assault weapons must be select fire by definition) for having too much fire power. They want to ban scoped bolt-actions as 'sniper weapons'.

When they start banning because things are too small, too big, too loud,too cheap, too much ammo, too accurate etc you know they want to ban EVERYTHING.

Online cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member

huckabe is your answer my friend....
Tossing out the evil animals in congress is the answer
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline aggressi0n

• Full JTFer
Hunter was the damn answer, but you guys kept going on about Huck Fin.

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
Romney is a fake conservative, and it's sad that some people on the forums are seriously considering voting for him, I guess no one cares about the right to bear arms anymore.

Oh but we'll hear the excuse "He doesn't want your guns", sure he doesn't want the guns that are bolt action and muzzle loaders, just your semi-automatic and fully automatic firearms. [censored] walks.

Offline christians4jews

• Master JTFer

If you had a brain cell you would realise hunter has endorsed huckabee and huckabee said he will make him vice president...

Some peiople are really clueless....

newman

Romney is a fake conservative, and it's sad that some people on the forums are seriously considering voting for him, I guess no one cares about the right to bear arms anymore.

Oh but we'll hear the excuse "He doesn't want your guns", sure he doesn't want the guns that are bolt action and muzzle loaders, just your semi-automatic and fully automatic firearms. excrement walks.

Havn't you heard...................the gun grabbers want to ban scoped bolt-actions, too. They're 'sniper weapons' apparently. By the definitions of some proposed legislation, an 1860 Henry lever action qualifies as an 'assault weapon'!

18th century.......here we come!

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer

Oh but we'll hear the excuse "He doesn't want your guns", sure he doesn't want the guns that are bolt action and muzzle loaders, just your semi-automatic and fully automatic firearms. excrement walks.

Havn't you heard...................the gun grabbers want to ban scoped bolt-actions, too. They're 'sniper weapons' apparently. By the definitions of some proposed legislation, an 1860 Henry lever action qualifies as an 'assault weapon'!

Yep and New York City now says you have to have a background check to purchase muzzle loading firearms which aren't even classed as firearms by the ATF. They want control of everything.

Offline JTFFan

• Ultimate JTFer
It doesn't make sense, Romney should reconsider about banning assault weapons :o

Since it's mainly Romney vs. McPain at this point, we have no option.

newman

Yep and New York City now says you have to have a background check to purchase muzzle loading firearms which aren't even classed as firearms by the ATF. They want control of everything.

Well somebody could reek havoc in NYC with a five foot long musket that fires about three rounds per minute! ::)

Offline aggressi0n

• Full JTFer

If you had a brain cell you would realise hunter has endorsed huckabee and huckabee said he will make him vice president...

Some peiople are really clueless....

I ain't trading my views for it. Reagan had GHWB as his VP but they were totally different. Hunter shouldn't be play politics and throwing around his endorsement as if it will change us and he should know his supporter base has lost complete faith in him. Ann Coulter is known for bashing Huck Fin and she is Hunters most vocal supporter, but he did it anyways, I ain't support Huckabee just because Hunter endorsed him. In the primary I'm voting for Alan Keyes now because he is the only one in the republican race who is conservative.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican

I'm not personally going to vote for Romney. I just am seeing the reality that as far as Florida goes, it's come down to a race between him and McCain, and McCain is obviously worse.

I decided who I was personally going to vote for months and months ago.