Should it be banned?

Yes.
23 (63.9%)
No.
6 (16.7%)
No, you is racist, UMM HMM!
7 (19.4%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Should Black History Month be banned?  (Read 10960 times)

admin

Should Black History Month be banned?
« on: January 28, 2008, 02:53:35 PM »
I think it should.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
Re: Should Black History Month be banned?
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2008, 03:00:03 PM »
Blacks know their history it only causes resentment amongst other people
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

kellymaureen

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2008, 03:05:20 PM »
From wikipedia

Some African American radical/nationalist groups, including the Nation of Islam, have criticized Black History Month. Other critics contend that Black History Month is irrelevant because it has degenerated into a shallow ritual.[7]. Some, like Morgan Freeman, contend that it serves to undermine the contention that black history is American history.

Woodson, creator of Negro History Month, hoped that the week would eventually be eliminated, when African-American history would be fully integrated with American history

And yes I do think it should be banned.

Online Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2008, 03:06:05 PM »
I dont' get it..why do they get a whole month?

THe next thing you'll know, they'll complaining they got the shortest month of the year..."them racists"
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline MasterWolf1

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2008, 03:10:28 PM »
When will we have white history month?????
RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!

Offline Merkava

• Master JTFer
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2008, 03:11:09 PM »
Should Black History Month be banned?

Question is what is black history?

Fried Chicken, Riots and Gangsta Rap.

Why do you need a month for this?
"We are in 1938, and Iran is Germany"

Offline Vito

• Master JTFer
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2008, 03:13:18 PM »
When will we have white history month?????

Hard to answer because it takes elementary, middle school and high school and college to study it...

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2008, 03:29:42 PM »
How about mullato history month :laugh:
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Yisrael

• Master JTFer
  • Oy!
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2008, 04:38:54 PM »
I think it should.

No, but I think we should focus Black History Month on what the Blacks did/do to Whites and Jews.

"Secular Zionism is racism. Religious Zionism is Judaism."
No one who votes for Obama cares that he is a crack addict or a fag. That's the scariest thing about him. --- Bonecrkr

"When I take action, I’m not going to fire a $2 million missile at a $10 empty tent and hit a camel in the butt. It’s going to be decisive."
- George W. Bush, 43rd President of the United States of America

Online Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2008, 05:45:47 PM »
Who picked that "we is racist" other than Imerica?

I'd think that she wouldn't want to pick an Ebonics answer since she says she doesn't speak like that so why didn't she just pick the simple "No" answer?

I picked it because it was a funny choice....
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Joe Gutfeld

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2008, 05:59:12 PM »
At least it's the shortest month of the year.

Online Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2008, 06:05:04 PM »
At least it's the shortest month of the year.

Them is the racist for choosin' the shortest month of da year! We should get January as Black History month becuase it's the longest month with 33 days in it!

Offline Joe Gutfeld

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2008, 06:06:20 PM »
And it's also the month that has Martin Luther King's birthday in it.

Offline bongoid

• Full JTFer
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2008, 12:25:19 AM »
 :D Ah yes,that annual orgy of caucasiod self flagellation ! What would we do without it ? LOL !

Offline Tina Greco - Melbourne

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2008, 12:30:34 AM »
Does America just have one holiday after another  :-\ Is anyday just a normal day?

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2008, 12:55:12 AM »
Does America just have one holiday after another  :-\ Is anyday just a normal day?

I think retail stores contribute to a lot of the perpetual holiday stuff going on. As soon as Halloween (candy, costumes, decorations) is over, Christmas decorations and merchandise go up, as soon as Christmas is over, they sell new year's stuff like funny eyeglasses with the two 00s in the year for the eyeholes, and put Korbel on sale. As soon as the new year rolls around, they start selling valentine's candy, and then it rolls into Easter (egg coloring kits, easter baskets, candy, etc.). After Easter there's a small gap, but then there's fourth of July stuff (little hand-sized flags sell big). After that there's a small gap until it's halloween stuff selling time again.

Offline JTFFan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2008, 02:01:46 AM »
Yes

Offline Dan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2008, 02:26:25 AM »
Banned!
 To give a Race a whole month to celebrate their culture and heritage it INSANE, especially when THAT race of people developed and produced only the most horrible things imaginable... famine, mass killings(genocide),AIDS epidemic,illegitimate children and total economic colapse.
WHAT IS THERE TO CELEBRATE?

Just Erica

« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2008, 04:01:33 AM »

Just Erica

« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2008, 04:10:27 AM »

THe next thing you'll know, they'll complaining they got the shortest month of the year..."them racists"
I'm tired of ignorant people, really. First of all Black people aren't the only ethnicity to get an entire month to celebrate their heritage. We also have Native American History Month, Asian American History Month, There's St. Patrick's day, Women's History month, ... Second of all, there are no days off for black people because of the celebration of this month of rememberance of blacks' history here. It's a time for children , black and white, to be familiarized with the importance of blacks in America. There are many who have made phenomenal progress in this country.

I know, I know ... "We shouldn't HAVE to be FORCED to HEAR about STUPID BLACK PEOPLE!... blah, blah, blah" No one is forcing you to learn about black history. It's there for those who would like to learn about the history of blacks in America. If you're not interested, go about life like you normally do. BHM shouldn't affect you at all.

Just Erica

« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2008, 04:47:29 AM »
Some enlightenment for you...maybe...

http://www3.kumc.edu/diversity/ethnic_relig/ethnic.html

January 2008
1 - Emancipation Day (African-American, United States)

1 - Feast of St. Basil (Christian, Orthodox)

1 - Japanese New Year (Japan)

5 - Guru Gobind Singh's Birthday (Sikh)

6 - Epiphany (Christian)

6 - Three Kings' Day (Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic)

7 - The Nativity of Jesus Christ (Christian, Orthodox)

9 - Al Hijra - Muslim New Year

13 - Lohri (Buddhist, Hindu, Sikh)

16 - Religious Freedom Day

19 - Ashura (Islamic, Muslim)

20 - World Religion Day (Baha'i)

22 - Tu b'Shvat or Tu B'Shevat* (Jewish, Israel)

26 - India Republic Day

February 2008
Black History Month (African-American)

2 - Imbolc (Wiccan)

2-5 - Brazil, Carnival

4 - Rosa Parks Birth Anniversary

5 - Mardi Gras (United States)

5 - Mexico - Constitution Day

6 - Ash Wednesday (Protestant, Roman Catholic)

7 - Chinese Lunar New Year (China, Korea, Taiwan, Vietnam)

7 - Tet Nguyen Dan (Vietnam)

11 - National Foundation Day (Japan)

12 - Lantern Festival (Taiwan)

12 - NAACP Founded

14 - Race Relations Day

17 - League of United Latin Citizens (LULAC) Founded American

24 - Flag Day (Mexico)

March 2008
Greek-American Heritage Month

Irish-American Heritage Month

1 - St. David's Day (Welsh)

2 - Mothering Sunday (England)

3 - The Doll Festival (Japan)

7 - World Day of Prayer

16 - Palm Sunday (Protestant, Roman Catholic)

17 - St. Patrick's Day(Ireland, United States)

20 - Holy Thursday (Christian)

21 - Good Friday (Protestant, Roman Catholic)

21 - Naw Ruz (Baha'i, Persia)

21 - New Year's Day (India)

21 - Purim (Jewish)

23 - Easter (Protestant, Roman Catholic)

25 - Feast of Annunciation (Christian)

Offline Ultra Requete

• Master JTFer
  • United We Stand, Dived We'll Fall.
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2008, 04:56:42 AM »
How about mulatto history month :laugh:

Well most American blacks are mulattoes.

But most of the Caribbean and African blacks are pitch dark blacks.

In 12th Grade, we learned about Africa in Non-Western Cultures and the teacher picked to teach that unit around February because of Black History Month. At least it had to do with the course but there shouldn't be a special month devoted to blacks when it's not related to the course.

This is in fact most likely opposite in straight statistics.  There are in fact more mulattoes in the Caribbean than in the United States, especially in the Dominican Republic and Puerto Rico, however they do not adhere to the similar strict code of racial classification and honor as we in Anglo culture do.

More blacks in the United States have Indian (Native) blood than do European ancestry.

What is the strict code of racial classification and honour? Maybe the latin American countries with its colour blind policy and lesser social separationism have right, they don't have as much race conflicts as USA. Mayority of US people regardeless of colour are race obsesed.
Jeremiah 8:11-17

11 They dress the wound of my people as though it were not serious. Peace, peace, they say, when there is no peace.

12 Are they ashamed of their loathsome conduct? No, they have no shame at all; they do not even know how to blush. So they will fall among the fallen; they will be brought down when they are punished, says the LORD.

13 'I will take away their harvest, declares the LORD. There will be no grapes on the vine. There will be no figs on the tree, and their leaves will wither. What I have given them will be taken from them.'

14 Why are we sitting here? Gather together! Let us flee to the fortified cities and perish there! For the LORD our God has doomed us to perish and given us poisoned water to drink, because we have sinned against him.

15 We hoped for peace but no good has come, for a time of healing but there was only terror.

16 The snorting of the enemy's horses is heard from Dan; at the neighing of their stallions the whole land trembles. They have come to devour the land and everything in it, the city and all who live there.

17 See, I will send venomous snakes among you, vipers that cannot be charmed, and they will bite you, declares the LORD.

Love your Enemy
And Heap Burning Coals on his Head!!!
http://net-burst.net/revenge/love_and_wrath_of_God.htm

Offline Tina Greco - Melbourne

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2008, 06:48:55 AM »

I think retail stores contribute to a lot of the perpetual holiday stuff going on. As soon as Halloween (candy, costumes, decorations) is over, Christmas decorations and merchandise go up, as soon as Christmas is over, they sell new year's stuff like funny eyeglasses with the two 00s in the year for the eyeholes, and put Korbel on sale. As soon as the new year rolls around, they start selling valentine's candy, and then it rolls into Easter (egg coloring kits, easter baskets, candy, etc.). After Easter there's a small gap, but then there's fourth of July stuff (little hand-sized flags sell big). After that there's a small gap until it's halloween stuff selling time again.

Geez sounds like there no rest at all.  :-\ I hate having stuff shoved at me. At least easter is ok, I like cholocate hot cross buns  :P :P :P The are in store now hehhee.

Online Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2008, 07:14:22 AM »
Some enlightenment for you...maybe...

http://www3.kumc.edu/diversity/ethnic_relig/ethnic.html

January 2008
1 - Emancipation Day (African-American, United States)

1 - Feast of St. Basil (Christian, Orthodox)

1 - Japanese New Year (Japan)

5 - Guru Gobind Singh's Birthday (Sikh)

6 - Epiphany (Christian)

6 - Three Kings' Day (Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic)

7 - The Nativity of Jesus Christ (Christian, Orthodox)

9 - Al Hijra - Muslim New Year

13 - Lohri (Buddhist, Hindu, Sikh)

16 - Religious Freedom Day

19 - Ashura (Islamic, Muslim)

20 - World Religion Day (Baha'i)

22 - Tu b'Shvat or Tu B'Shevat* (Jewish, Israel)

26 - India Republic Day

February 2008
Black History Month (African-American)

2 - Imbolc (Wiccan)

2-5 - Brazil, Carnival

4 - Rosa Parks Birth Anniversary

5 - Mardi Gras (United States)

5 - Mexico - Constitution Day

6 - Ash Wednesday (Protestant, Roman Catholic)

7 - Chinese Lunar New Year (China, Korea, Taiwan, Vietnam)

7 - Tet Nguyen Dan (Vietnam)

11 - National Foundation Day (Japan)

12 - Lantern Festival (Taiwan)

12 - NAACP Founded

14 - Race Relations Day

17 - League of United Latin Citizens (LULAC) Founded American

24 - Flag Day (Mexico)

March 2008
Greek-American Heritage Month

Irish-American Heritage Month

1 - St. David's Day (Welsh)

2 - Mothering Sunday (England)

3 - The Doll Festival (Japan)

7 - World Day of Prayer

16 - Palm Sunday (Protestant, Roman Catholic)

17 - St. Patrick's Day(Ireland, United States)

20 - Holy Thursday (Christian)

21 - Good Friday (Protestant, Roman Catholic)

21 - Naw Ruz (Baha'i, Persia)

21 - New Year's Day (India)

21 - Purim (Jewish)

23 - Easter (Protestant, Roman Catholic)

25 - Feast of Annunciation (Christian)

Erica, you belong in a different forum....In one ear and out the other here the things you say...

Just Erica

« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2008, 07:00:24 PM »

I'm tired of ignorant people, really. First of all Black people aren't the only ethnicity to get an entire month to celebrate their heritage. We also have Native American History Month, Asian American History Month, There's St. Patrick's day, Women's History month, ... Second of all, there are no days off for black people because of the celebration of this month of rememberance of blacks' history here. It's a time for children , black and white, to be familiarized with the importance of blacks in America. There are many who have made phenomenal progress in this country.

I know, I know ... "We shouldn't HAVE to be FORCED to HEAR about STUPID BLACK PEOPLE!... blah, blah, blah" No one is forcing you to learn about black history. It's there for those who would like to learn about the history of blacks in America. If you're not interested, go about life like you normally do. BHM shouldn't affect you at all.

No one is forcing all of those other days on people. And St. Patrick's Day is a Catholic holiday, not an American holiday.

Yet, its celebarated in America.  ::) I don't feel forced to celebrate  Native American History month but I'm interested in it. I dont' feel forced to celebrate Asian American History month but I'm interested. You have to be interested in the holidays or celebrations in order for it to make an impact on your life. If you're not interested there would be NO impact on your life whatsoever.  No one is forcing you to bow down to blacks during the month of February. To some people it's just another month...let it be THAT for you. When was the last time someone stopped you in the street on February 1st (My birthday, btw. :D :D) and said "YACOV, YOU MUST THINK ABOUT BLACK HISTORY ALL MONTH LONG..AND WE WON'T ACCEPT "NO" FOR AN ANSWER!!!" ? No one ever did that to you.