Author Topic: Are Assyrians arabs?  (Read 8325 times)

Offline Jeansuite

• New JTFer
Are Assyrians arabs?
« on: January 29, 2008, 08:28:39 PM »
I heard there's alot in Iraq. Are they as bad as arabs?

Offline Dexter

• Master JTFer
  • צֶדֶק צֶדֶק, תִּרְדֹּף
Re: Are Assyrians arabs?
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2008, 08:33:23 PM »
If they are Assyrians how they can be Arabs?
Not a foreign land we took and not with foreign possession but a land that belong to our ancestors that was occupied without a trial. And when we had the opportunity, we took our land back.
-Shimon Maccabee's answer to Antiochus VII Sidetes.

"When fighting monsters, be wary not to become one... When you gaze into the abyss, it also gazes into you."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline Jeansuite

• New JTFer
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2008, 08:35:50 PM »

So "Assyrians" are an actual race?

Offline Dexter

• Master JTFer
  • צֶדֶק צֶדֶק, תִּרְדֹּף
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2008, 08:37:38 PM »

No, they are a seperate ethnic group from the Arabs.
Not a foreign land we took and not with foreign possession but a land that belong to our ancestors that was occupied without a trial. And when we had the opportunity, we took our land back.

"When fighting monsters, be wary not to become one... When you gaze into the abyss, it also gazes into you."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline Dexter

• Master JTFer
  • צֶדֶק צֶדֶק, תִּרְדֹּף
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2008, 08:38:44 PM »

They are the ancient inhabitans of the area since Biblical times. But Nazi Islam conquered the area and Arabized all Middle Eastern people except The Jews. The Arab Muslim Nazis call all ancient Middle Eastern peoples Arabs even before there were any Arabs.

What do you mean ?

- Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline Jeansuite

• New JTFer
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2008, 08:40:05 PM »
Thanks for the info Yacov. so where were the arabs before the were in the middle east?

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2008, 08:55:11 PM »
The Arabian pennisula they Arabized most native people of the mid east ancient people,except the Jews.The Assyrians are treted very badly in Iraq
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline JR-Obilic

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2008, 09:01:32 PM »
Assyrian = any kind of Christian Arab.  Syria/Lebanon/Iraq etc.

I know an Assyrian girl from Iraq and she said that if she were to openly worship the lord openly there she would likely be murdered or raped, or both.
All or nothing.

Offline Dexter

• Master JTFer
  • צֶדֶק צֶדֶק, תִּרְדֹּף
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2008, 09:02:55 PM »
Thanks for the info Yacov. so where were the arabs before the were in the middle east?
They always were in the middle east but they lived only in today's Saudi Arabia until they started with their invasions.

- Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline Raulmarrio2000

• Master JTFer
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2008, 09:46:25 PM »

Offline Ari

• Master JTFer
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2008, 10:06:38 PM »
I'm surprised Saddam didn't kill them.

Offline JTFFan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2008, 11:06:21 PM »
I'm surprised Saddam didn't kill them.

Surprised too. Do you guys have any Chaldeans where you are from?

Offline dhimmi_pride

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2008, 11:17:30 PM »
They've been Arabized. Saddam's deputy Tariq Aziz was an Assyrian Christian. They are called Nestorians and are a very ancient sect of Christianity before there were Catholics even. They are an Oriental Orthodox Church. Other Oriental Orthodox Churches are Maronite Lebanese Christians (Phoenician), Coptic Egyptians (Remnants of Pre-Arab Ancient Egypt.) and The Ethiopian Orthodox Church. There is also a Syrian Orthodox Church and even an Indian Orthodox Church that has been in India about 2,000 years long before modern missionaries ever came to India.

It is not correct to call them Nestorians or to say that they were there before Catholics. Nestorius was a Bishop of Constantinople who lived in the 5th century, he had a differing idea about the nature of Jesus and his relationship with Mary. He was labeled a heretic and caused a schism which led many Assyrians to break away from the Church- until this time they were under the authority of the Bishop of Rome. So up until this time Assyrians were all Catholic. But not all Assyrians broke away with Rome at this time and remained in the Catholic Church until the Great Schism between Rome and Constantinople. Relations between Assyrians and Rome were reestablished in the middle of the 17th century and finalized by the middle of the 19th century creating the Chaldean Church of Babylon. Tariq Aziz, like most Assyrians, is a Chaldean Catholic. The rest mostly belong to the Assyrian Church of the East who are "Nestorians". Those in Assyrian Church of the East do not refer to themselves as "Nestorians" and they still claim to be "catholic" and they have begun negotiations with the Vatican to come back into communion with them.

The Maronite Church is another Eastern Church in full communion with Rome. They are not Oriental Orthodox.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2008, 12:30:18 AM by dhimmi_pride »

Offline JR-Obilic

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2008, 09:19:39 AM »

I know an Assyrian girl from Iraq and she said that if she were to openly worship the lord openly there she would likely be murdered or raped, or both.

No, Lebanese Christians are Phoenicians.

thanks for that piece of info..
All or nothing.

Offline Ulli

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2008, 10:37:03 AM »

No, Lebanese Christians are Phoenicians.

thanks for that piece of info..

She should leave Iraq. This is no place for Christians or Jews. :(
« Last Edit: January 30, 2008, 11:00:17 AM by Golden Pheasant »
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline Masha

• Master JTFer
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2008, 10:42:11 AM »
What about the historical Moors of North Africa? Were they berbers or some other ethnic group that became arabized? I get confused because I've read travel accounts by 19th-century travelers to Morocco and Algeria, who write about encountetring Arabs, Moors, and Berbers - as if these were three distinct groups of people co-existing in North Africa. Could someone enlighten me, please?

Offline Dexter

• Master JTFer
  • צֶדֶק צֶדֶק, תִּרְדֹּף
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2008, 10:52:14 AM »
What about the historical Moors of North Africa? Were they berbers or some other ethnic group that became arabized? I get confused because I've read travel accounts by 19th-century travelers to Morocco and Algeria, who write about encountetring Arabs, Moors, and Berbers - as if these were three distinct groups of people co-existing in North Africa. Could someone enlighten me, please?
Moors were Black Africans, Berbers and Arabs. Berbers are the native people of west-north-africa area, and the Berbers were Arabized culturaly but they never considered themselvs as Arabs, infact, Berbers are rulling Tunisia, Algiria and Morcco almost immediately after the Arab took those land, they revolted against tham.

- Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline MarZutra

• Ultimate JTFer
    • BLOODBATH OF THE LEFT
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2008, 10:57:54 AM »
The Ancient Assyrians of Semitic origins from the upper Tigerous region and were not Arabians: Arabs but with origins from the city state of Assur (Hebrew).  Now if one wishes to discuss the Hittites and Hitusha that is a fascinating subject.
"‘Vehorashtem/Numbers 33:53’: When you burn out the Land’s inhabitants, you will merit to bestow upon your children the Land as an inheritance. If you do not burn them out, then even if you conquer the Land, you will not merit to allot it to your children as an inheritance." - Ovadiah ben Yacov Sforno; Italian Rabbi, Biblical Commentator, Philosopher and Physician.  1475-1550.

Offline Dexter

• Master JTFer
  • צֶדֶק צֶדֶק, תִּרְדֹּף
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2008, 11:02:32 AM »
The Ancient Assyrians of Semitic origins from the upper Tigerous region and were not Arabians: Arabs but with origins from the city state of Assur (Hebrew).  Now if one wishes to discuss the Hittites and Hitusha that is a fascinating subject.
Ashur*

The Assyrians are whiter then the Arabs, I saw a picture of tham.

- Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline MarZutra

• Ultimate JTFer
    • BLOODBATH OF THE LEFT
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2008, 11:21:16 AM »
Really, I didn't know they had cameras then....  JUST PULLING YOUR LEG.... O0
"‘Vehorashtem/Numbers 33:53’: When you burn out the Land’s inhabitants, you will merit to bestow upon your children the Land as an inheritance. If you do not burn them out, then even if you conquer the Land, you will not merit to allot it to your children as an inheritance." - Ovadiah ben Yacov Sforno; Italian Rabbi, Biblical Commentator, Philosopher and Physician.  1475-1550.

Offline Dexter

• Master JTFer
  • צֶדֶק צֶדֶק, תִּרְדֹּף
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2008, 11:23:07 AM »
They still exist today, they are in small numbers.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assyrian_people

- Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline NRAJ

• Full JTFer
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2008, 11:26:33 AM »
Moors were Black Africans, Berbers and Arabs. Berbers are the native people of west-north-africa area, and the Berbers were Arabized culturaly but they never considered themselvs as Arabs, infact, Berbers are rulling Tunisia, Algiria and Morcco almost immediately after the Arab took those land, they revolted against tham.

Moors were,for the most part,arab muslims.The word "moor" is European in its roots.

Offline Dexter

• Master JTFer
  • צֶדֶק צֶדֶק, תִּרְדֹּף
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2008, 11:31:21 AM »

Moors were,for the most part,arab muslims.The word "moor" is European in its roots.
I don't know if they were mostly Arabs, but it's a sure fact that Berbers were a majoraty in north Africa.

- Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline Masha

• Master JTFer
« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2008, 12:52:45 PM »
They still exist today, they are in small numbers.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assyrian_people

The three last people (in the bottom row) look like regular arabs to me.

Offline Dexter

• Master JTFer
  • צֶדֶק צֶדֶק, תִּרְדֹּף
« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2008, 12:59:15 PM »
So..? Many Jews also look like Arabs.

- Friedrich Nietzsche