Author Topic: I DID A MITZVAH TODAY  (Read 5737 times)

Offline Merkava

• Master JTFer
I DID A MITZVAH TODAY
« on: January 31, 2008, 05:38:19 PM »
Part of my job is recruiting for new staff. Today I interviewed a girl who was Israeli. She was thick as hell but I gave her a job simply because she was Jewish.

"We are in 1938, and Iran is Germany"

Offline Nolandforshalom

• Senior JTFer
    • The Jewish Store
Re: I DID A MITZVAH TODAY
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2008, 05:40:45 PM »
Thats good.  :)
http://www.thejewishstore.net
The Place for all your Kahanist, Jewish, and Zionist Shopping Needs!

Offline nopeaceforland

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2008, 05:51:09 PM »
Part of my job is recruiting for new staff. Today I interviewed a girl who was Israeli. She was thick as hell but I gave her a job simply because she was Jewish.

Would you like a second mitzvah for the day? Introduce her to me! ;)

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2008, 06:07:34 PM »
Is that honestly a good thing? If she can't fulfil the job or complete it to a good standard?

Offline jdl4ever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2008, 06:33:44 PM »
 O0 O0 O0
"Enough weeping and wailing; and the following of leaders & rabbis who are pygmies of little faith & less understanding."
"I believe very much in a nation beating their swords into plowshears but when my enemy has a sword I don't want a plowshear"
-Rabbi Meir Kahane Zs'l HYD

Offline Ambiorix

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • There is no "Istanbul"
    • Brussels Journal
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2008, 06:36:46 PM »
Our Vlaams Belang slogans in the nineties was:
<<Eigen Volk eerst>>
Which means :
Own People First

Every nationalist. loves his own people first.

That doesn't mean you hate others,
but helping your fellow people,
is good.
Turkey must get out of NATO. NATO must get out of Kosovo-Serbia. Croats must get out of Crajina. All muslims must get out of Christian and Jewish land. Turks must get out of Cyprus. Turks must get out of "Istanbul". "Palestinians" must get out of Israel. Israel must become independent from USA.

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2008, 06:46:12 PM »
Okay, but even a mitzva like that could be questionable. -Maybe the $ she will make she will use it to make sins (G-d forbid, etc.) Its still questionable. BUT the best Mitzva one could make is to get others to be religious, which has no possible negative consequence. Also to learn Torah - Talmud Torah Keneged Kolam- The learning of Torah is = to All of them (the Mitzvot).

One good place- www.Torahanytime.com  "G-d's reason for the internet". 
The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

‏119:139 צִמְּתַתְנִי קִנְאָתִי כִּישָׁכְחוּ דְבָרֶיךָ צָרָי
My zeal incenses me, for my adversaries have forgotten Your words.
‏119:141 צָעִיר אָנֹכִי וְנִבְזֶה פִּקֻּדֶיךָ, לֹא שָׁכָחְתִּי.
 I am young and despised; I have not forgotten Your precepts.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Please visit: (The Greatest lectures on Earth).
http://torahanytime.com/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Yossi_Mizrachi/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Zecharia_Wallerstein/

Offline Vito

• Master JTFer
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2008, 07:42:06 PM »
Is she a good Jew or self-hating?

Offline Tina Greco - Melbourne

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2008, 07:42:54 PM »
Is that honestly a good thing? If she can't fulfil the job or complete it to a good standard?

I agree with Sarah  ::)

kellymaureen

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2008, 10:15:47 PM »

I agree Sarah.  I do some of the hiring where I work, hiring someone for a reason like this could put other workers or even the company in jeopardy.  I dont always hire the most qualified person on paper, sometimes its a person who needs the job, BUT is capable of learning and has a good head on their shoulders.  Often a person with less experience can be taught to do things OUR way easier than someone with more experience elsewhere.  You have to sometimes go with your gut feeling if it comes down to 2 people.

Offline Eliezer Ben Avraham

• Master JTFer
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2008, 10:19:58 PM »
it really has to be questionable as to whether it is a mitzvah.....
KAHANE TZADAK!

Offline jdl4ever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2008, 10:21:03 PM »
They got a point, they might end up firing her as a lot of the Israeli waitresses I see act spoiled and treat you like dirt if you are not also from Israel.   If she's works out then it's a Mitzvah. 
"Enough weeping and wailing; and the following of leaders & rabbis who are pygmies of little faith & less understanding."
"I believe very much in a nation beating their swords into plowshears but when my enemy has a sword I don't want a plowshear"
-Rabbi Meir Kahane Zs'l HYD

Offline Merkava

• Master JTFer
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2008, 03:10:49 AM »

Would you like a second mitzvah for the day? Introduce her to me! ;)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA ! Funnily enough I never recruit a girl because of her looks. I don't think you would have found her attractive unless you like big girls.

Offline Merkava

• Master JTFer
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2008, 03:14:03 AM »

Maybe. Under normal circumstances I wouldn't have taken her. She was slightly below bench mark - but she mentioned being Jewish and doing SAR-EL (just like my family) because she didn't get the chance to do her military service like everyone esle.

Offline Merkava

• Master JTFer
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2008, 03:16:19 AM »
Okay, but even a mitzva like that could be questionable. -Maybe the $ she will make she will use it to make sins (G-d forbid, etc.) Its still questionable. BUT the best Mitzva one could make is to get others to be religious, which has no possible negative consequence. Also to learn Torah - Talmud Torah Keneged Kolam- The learning of Torah is = to All of them (the Mitzvot).

I love Tviz's quotes - very spiritual. BTW did you know that I haven't eaten pork in 2 months !!!! Your post criticizing me of eating pork changed me for the better.

Offline Merkava

• Master JTFer
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2008, 03:19:08 AM »
Is she a good Jew or self-hating?

She seemed very passionate about Israel. And she aslo did SAR EL. I don't think she is a saint but any Jew where I live is a bonus. 1 out of every 5 that I interview is a Muslim/Nazi. She is the first jew I have interviewed in a year !

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2008, 08:52:15 AM »
I hope she's not a Doctor ,or handles  explosives
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Ultra Requete

• Master JTFer
  • United We Stand, Dived We'll Fall.
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2008, 08:54:42 AM »
 O0 You did the right thing Merkava people shud help its own kind first, and being thick is sometimes better than those briliant kids after schools who think they can make the job better.
Jeremiah 8:11-17

11 They dress the wound of my people as though it were not serious. Peace, peace, they say, when there is no peace.

12 Are they ashamed of their loathsome conduct? No, they have no shame at all; they do not even know how to blush. So they will fall among the fallen; they will be brought down when they are punished, says the LORD.

13 'I will take away their harvest, declares the LORD. There will be no grapes on the vine. There will be no figs on the tree, and their leaves will wither. What I have given them will be taken from them.'

14 Why are we sitting here? Gather together! Let us flee to the fortified cities and perish there! For the LORD our God has doomed us to perish and given us poisoned water to drink, because we have sinned against him.

15 We hoped for peace but no good has come, for a time of healing but there was only terror.

16 The snorting of the enemy's horses is heard from Dan; at the neighing of their stallions the whole land trembles. They have come to devour the land and everything in it, the city and all who live there.

17 See, I will send venomous snakes among you, vipers that cannot be charmed, and they will bite you, declares the LORD.

Love your Enemy
And Heap Burning Coals on his Head!!!
http://net-burst.net/revenge/love_and_wrath_of_God.htm

Offline Merkava

• Master JTFer
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2008, 01:08:14 PM »
O0 You did the right thing Merkava people shud help its own kind first, and being thick is sometimes better than those briliant kids after schools who think they can make the job better.

Thanks buddy !!!!  :)

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2008, 09:27:34 PM »

I love Tviz's quotes - very spiritual. BTW did you know that I haven't eaten pork in 2 months !!!! Your post criticizing me of eating pork changed me for the better.
Great  O0 , thanks for the positive feedback.
The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

‏119:139 צִמְּתַתְנִי קִנְאָתִי כִּישָׁכְחוּ דְבָרֶיךָ צָרָי
My zeal incenses me, for my adversaries have forgotten Your words.
‏119:141 צָעִיר אָנֹכִי וְנִבְזֶה פִּקֻּדֶיךָ, לֹא שָׁכָחְתִּי.
 I am young and despised; I have not forgotten Your precepts.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Please visit: (The Greatest lectures on Earth).
http://torahanytime.com/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Yossi_Mizrachi/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Zecharia_Wallerstein/

Offline Merkava

• Master JTFer
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2008, 03:55:40 AM »
I live in Britain.

SAR EL is a voluntary programme for Jews of all over the world in which they undergo 3 weeks of helping the righteous IDF. They do most of the menial jobs of cleaning, sewing, etc in the military bases. My brother has done it aswell and I plan on following his steps.

Its just an admin job.

Offline Tina Greco - Melbourne

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2008, 04:06:51 AM »
I hope she's not a Doctor ,or handles  explosives

NO you are thinking of Australia mate.  ::)

Offline TorahZionist

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2008, 05:09:40 AM »
the righteous IDF.

They were very righteous when they expelled Jews from Gush Katif and Northern Shomron and destroyed their homes.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2008, 05:37:26 AM »
the righteous IDF.

They were very righteous when they expelled Jews from Gush Katif and Northern Shomron and destroyed their homes.
That was very sad. Someone put up links to an entire section of photos here on the forum showing many of the  homes destroyed by the expulsion. That really left an impression on me of how evil the entire process was. Where there were vibrant communities before nothing worth talking about exists now.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline Merkava

• Master JTFer
« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2008, 05:43:36 AM »

Its a shame that they did and a mistake that they hopefully learned from (land for peace). But lay off the IDF - IF IT WASN'T FOR THE COURAGEOUS IDF THERE WOULD BE NO ISRAEL.

Who won the war of Independence? The 6 day War? and who saved us from total distruction in Yom Kippur? Who guards our borders and prevents suicide bombers from blowing us up?