Author Topic: worthwhile play about raging anti-Semitism in Europe  (Read 1102 times)

Offline Madeline

• Full JTFer
worthwhile play about raging anti-Semitism in Europe
« on: January 31, 2008, 10:18:41 PM »
If you haven't seen it yet, go see a play called "The Last Jew In Europe." It's based on true events.  Polish people use the decomposing bodies of Jews killed in WWII to grow the 'tastiest apples you ever ate.'  The anti-Semitism of the Jews is as bad as the anti-Semitism of the gentiles.  In a depressed, morally empty world, there is a feverish, maniacal interest in 'dead Jews.'

Last night there was a discussion led after the show by the director, Tuvia Tenenbom.  He said that the level of hatred against Jews throughout Europe was very, very high - and that the Jewish organizations don't protest.  This is Tuvia's act of protest against what he sees as an oncoming Holocaust.

It's an intelligently done avant garde play - and a big hit in Europe - but none of the NYC newspapers will review it, not even the Jewish ones.  Call 212.494.0050 or email [email protected] for performance information.  See it before it closes next month.

Sorry to speak so grimly, but if I can't do it here, where can I do it?  The quiesence in my synagogue is eerie.  When I send around emails about this, and things like it, I am told by some to stop the emails.  I don't know of any rabbis, including mine, who are nationalistic, like Chaim.  If someone knows of one in New York City, please tell me.

Offline Eliezer Ben Avraham

• Master JTFer
Re: worthwhile play about raging anti-Semitism in Europe
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2008, 10:20:50 PM »
they use real Jewish bodies????????????!!!!!!!!!!!
KAHANE TZADAK!

Offline Madeline

• Full JTFer
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2008, 11:02:33 PM »
Yes, real bodies.  The bodies were thrown haphazardly into mass graves.  Sometimes bony hands stick up out of the earth.  As the bodies decompose, they enrich the soil.  So people plant their orchads and vegetable gardens on top of the mass graves.  Jews are knowingly used as fertilizer.  During the war, they were reduced to ashes and used as filler for road beds.  My people came from Poland.  Perhaps some of my relatives are finding resting places in delicious apples savored by Poles.

Offline Eliezer Ben Avraham

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2008, 11:04:50 PM »
Yes, real bodies.  The bodies were thrown haphazardly into mass graves.  Sometimes bony hands stick up out of the earth.  As the bodies decompose, they enrich the soil.  So people plant their orchads and vegetable gardens on top of the mass graves.  Jews are knowingly used as fertilizer.  During the war, they were reduced to ashes and used as filler for road beds.  My people came from Poland.  Perhaps some of my relatives are finding resting places in delicious apples savored by Poles.
and where is the outrage coming from the State of Israel? I assume Israel is too afraid of harming relations with europe to criticize
KAHANE TZADAK!

Offline Madeline

• Full JTFer
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2008, 11:47:32 PM »
Nobody is protesting, as far as I know.  Only this theater company, by bringing this situation to the light.  There is a radio station, radio Maryja (sp?) in Poland that day and night broadcasts hate against Jews.  Israel?  I'm guessing, but I suppose they have got enough on their hands pretending that they are not being hit with Kassams.  I remember there was some Israeli press a few months ago about radio Maryja, and then it died down.  Maybe Chaim would remember. 

The director of the play, Tuvia Tenenbom, says the American Jewish political groups don't want to get involved with this.  And the European Jews are quiet.  Many of them know about this.  They have made the play hugely popular, as it is here in NY, even with no reviews.  There is some awareness, but no action.  Everyone is hoping the gathering storm will blow over. 

How do we change our response to the gathering storm, so that we act differently than during WWII?  Each one of us is responsible for the world -and for herself/himself.  Jews have got to reach out to one another across sectarian lines and stop all this stupid bickering about who is a better Jew.  We can make alliances now with good gentiles, as Chaim is doing.  It is crucial that America remain a stalwart against Muslim/Nazi influence, but that looks like less of a sure thing, now that Republicans are going towards McCain and the Democrats are in love with Obama.  Anyway, I am just thinking out loud here. 

Chaim, how do you think this threat in Europe should be handled?

Offline jdl4ever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2008, 11:52:46 PM »
All Jews should get out of Europe.  The Europeans are showing their true anti-Semitic pre-WWII colors with as the shame of the Holocost subsides.  This is what Kahane predicted would happen.  I hope the Muslims start blowing the entire Europe up into a sand pit like the rest of Arabia and in the civil war that follows they end up killing themselves.
"Enough weeping and wailing; and the following of leaders & rabbis who are pygmies of little faith & less understanding."
"I believe very much in a nation beating their swords into plowshears but when my enemy has a sword I don't want a plowshear"
-Rabbi Meir Kahane Zs'l HYD

Offline Ambiorix

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • There is no "Istanbul"
    • Brussels Journal
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2008, 02:22:13 AM »
All Jews should get out of Europe.  The Europeans are showing their true anti-Semitic pre-WWII colors with as the shame of the Holocost subsides.  This is what Kahane predicted would happen.  I hope the Muslims start blowing the entire Europe up into a sand pit like the rest of Arabia and in the civil war that follows they end up killing themselves.
well thank you for wishing me death. 8;)
Turkey must get out of NATO. NATO must get out of Kosovo-Serbia. Croats must get out of Crajina. All muslims must get out of Christian and Jewish land. Turks must get out of Cyprus. Turks must get out of "Istanbul". "Palestinians" must get out of Israel. Israel must become independent from USA.