Author Topic: Huckster Basically Admits Being In Race To Help McCain  (Read 4084 times)

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
Huckster Basically Admits Being In Race To Help McCain
« on: February 03, 2008, 07:09:07 PM »
Huckabee Calls McCain "Friend", Focuses Attacks on Romney

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080203/ap_on_el_pr/huckabee
Quote from: Yahoo News
Huckabee could impact Tuesday's results
By LIZ SIDOTI, Associated Press Writer
6 minutes ago

WASHINGTON - Mike Huckabee hasn't won a Republican presidential contest in a month. The result: money is tighter, his staff is smaller and he can't seem to get the attention he once did.

Still, he says he's sticking around for the long haul — well past Tuesday's coast-to-coast primaries and caucuses if need be.

"I'll stay in until someone has 1,191 delegates," the former Arkansas governor insisted Sunday in a telephone interview with The Associated Press from Kennessaw, Ga. He was referring to the number of convention delegates needed to win the party nod. "A year ago, nobody said I'd still be here. Look who's still on his feet."

With 21 states holding contests Tuesday and offering more than 1,000 delegates, Huckabee's continued presence could be a major factor in what essentially has become a two-man race between Republican front-runner John McCain and Mitt Romney.

A Southerner and one-time Baptist preacher, Huckabee hopes to perform strongly, if not win, Arkansas, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Alabama, Georgia and Missouri to reinvigorate his campaign.

In those states, Huckabee could end up helping McCain — he calls him a friend — by peeling away votes and delegates from Romney, the former Massachusetts governor who is competing there after essentially ceding big-prize Northeast battlegrounds.

Huckabee and Romney draw much of their support from the same pool of conservative voters, while McCain tends to attract voters of all ideological stripes. Romney, himself, has raised the possibility that Huckabee might be continuing his bid solely "to try and split that conservative vote."

Huckabee dismisses any notion that he's a stalking horse for McCain and that he is trying to derail Romney. "I would really take umbrage to that. Maybe that it's Romney's staying in the race to take votes from me," he told the AP.

That comment aside, Huckabee virtually ignored McCain in appearances last week and instead criticized Romney's equivocations or reversals on gay rights, abortion rights and gun rights.

"Here's a man who didn't hit political puberty in the conservative ranks until 60 years old," Huckabee said at one point. He added: "You can't just have a change of opinion on fundamental issues over and over and wait until you're running for president to do it."

At a campaign appearance Sunday in Georgia, Huckabee said if anyone should get out of the race now, maybe it should be Romney.

"Why don't you give it up and go back to Wall Street," he said in Macon. "This ol' Arkansas boy is not for sale."

Romney laughed when asked about Huckabee's remarks, saying: "It sounds a little extreme I think at this stage. He's a fine person. I'd never suggest anybody get out of the race. That's their own decision."

In the AP interview, Huckabee contended he can still rack up enough delegates to win the nomination, but he declined to go into detail, and ignored polls that show him trailing McCain and Romney in many states.

"Frankly, I kind of resent this idea that it's mathematically impossible ... because votes haven't been counted yet in 92 percent of the electorate," Huckabee said, adding that "things are still on target for us.

Huckabee's campaign has been marked by peaks and valleys.

He toiled at the back of a crowded GOP pack for most of last year. But aided by fellow Christian evangelicals and his stellar communications skills, Huckabee broke through last fall and defeated Romney in the leadoff Iowa caucuses on Jan. 3.

He hasn't had the same luck anywhere else.

Huckabee barely competed in New Hampshire and Michigan — and lost both. So, too, did he fall in fiercely contested South Carolina. By Florida, Huckabee's money was drying up and his staff was thinning; he made little effort there.

Now Huckabee is having trouble being taken seriously.

He mostly sat on the sidelines at a California debate last week while McCain and Romney fought it out. "I didn't come here to umpire a ball game between these two. I came here to get a chance to swing at a few myself," Huckabee complained.

Some aides insist Huckabee is trying to emerge as the more conservative alternative to McCain. Other backers aren't convinced.

It's possible Huckabee has motives beyond winning the nomination. Among them: taking down Romney, solidifying his position as a new leader of the religious right and setting himself up for life after the campaign trail.

Huckabee's votes come almost exclusively from the Christian evangelical wing of the party. Some supporters suspect he's staying in the race to ensure that he has a say when the party creates its platform at the national convention in September, and to emerge as an emboldened leader of the religious right.

He disputes such talk.

"I've never thought of my campaign as being all about just being the evangelical candidate," Huckabee said.

Speculation also abounds that he is positioning himself for a vice presidential slot. And with no job to fall back on, and with books to sell and speaking engagements to line up, it's possible Huckabee believes his stock will rise higher the longer he stays in the race.

"I'm running for president," he contends, refusing to entertain such talk.
Chaim--I told you from day one that I did not trust this huckster. I heard way too many stories of his extreme liberalism (his sympathy for the Fakestinians, his devotion to illegal aliens and violent criminals, his pity for Gitmo mass-murderers, his record on taxes, and his refusal to attack Iran under any circumstances). I was revolted by the reliable reports of his extreme arrogance to victims' families as governor, and his haughty declarations that it is "unChristian" to oppose scholarships for illegal aliens. Huckabee, as turns out, is the one whose Christian faith I completely doubt. Ann Coulter, Limbaugh, and all the others who ripped into him for being a "phony" conservative turned out to all be right, and I think this is time for us at JTF to admit that we made a tactical mistake in supporting this individual and attacking Coulter and the other establishment cons.

The only question now is how much McCain is paying this treacherous animal to stay in the race to hurt Romney. Yimach schmo vezichro.

Offline MasterWolf1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
Re: Huckster Basically Admits Being In Race To Help McCain
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2008, 08:27:14 PM »
Didn't I warn you all about this????
RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!

Offline JTFFan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2008, 08:36:09 PM »
This is terrible news! :o >:(  Indeed, some of us might have been misguided in the beginning about Huckster and in choosing a candidate, well said C.F. O0

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2008, 08:41:57 PM »
It was visible in the debate last week. Huckabee was pandering to McCain to such a point that it honestly was sickening.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2008, 09:09:21 PM »
This is terrible news! :o >:(  Indeed, some of us might have been misguided in the beginning about Huckster and in choosing a candidate, well said C.F. O0

I warned everyone from the beginning I didn't trust him when I told people I wouldn't vote for any candidate who's anti-gun. I didn't trust Huckabee because of his stance on illegal immigration to begin with, I don't trust Romney either.

Offline Lubab

• Master JTFer
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2008, 09:57:44 PM »
I would just point out that both of the phrases that you bolded are the words of the author (left winger, not to be trusted) not the words of Huckabee. This author puts no quotes around those words, he's just giving his own narrative.

I would be very surprised if Huckabee took a position with McCain because they are ideologically miles apart.

"It is not upon you to finish the work, nor are you free to desist from it." Rabbi Tarfon, Pirkei Avot.

Offline Zionist Revolutionary

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2008, 10:13:27 PM »
Lubab, even Tom Coburn, a man whom Chaim has praised in the past, endorsed John McCain.  Wierd things are happening in politics today.

newman

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2008, 10:38:26 PM »
I would just point out that both of the phrases that you bolded are the words of the author (left winger, not to be trusted) not the words of Huckabee. This author puts no quotes around those words, he's just giving his own narrative.

I would be very surprised if Huckabee took a position with McCain because they are ideologically miles apart.

Ideology takes a distant second place to political horse trading.

Offline Lubab

• Master JTFer
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2008, 10:54:45 PM »
I didn't say it's impossible, I just said I'd be surprised.
"It is not upon you to finish the work, nor are you free to desist from it." Rabbi Tarfon, Pirkei Avot.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2008, 10:55:40 PM »
I don't like Huckabee as much as some other candidates that were running, but I agree with Chaim's logic on backing Huckabee in South Carolina. There's no way that the Huckster would have been as bad as McCain is going to be.

I don't think Chaim made a mistake. I just wish that we could have done more on this message board to stop McCain.

Offline Ehud

• Master JTFer
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2008, 10:58:49 PM »
Huckabee is delusional, he needs to withdraw NOW.  He is simply too religious to have any chance at being elected.  The way that things are going, I doubt that any minister or ex-minister will ever be able to be elected to the Presidency, at least in the short run. 
"The Jews will eventually have to face up to what you're dealing with here.  The arabs will never love you for what good you've brought them.  They don't know how to really love.  But hate!  Oh, G-d, can they hate!  And they have a deep, deep, deep resentment because you have jolted them from their delusions of grandeur and shown them for what they are-a decadent, savage people controlled by a religion that has stripped them of all human ambition . . . except for the few cruel enough and arrogant enough to command them as one commands a mob of sheep.  You are dealing with a mad society and you'd better learn how to control it."

-Excerpt from The Haj by Leon Uris

newman

« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2008, 11:03:55 PM »
Huckabee is delusional, he needs to withdraw NOW.  He is simply too religious to have any chance at being elected.  The way that things are going, I doubt that any minister or ex-minister will ever be able to be elected to the Presidency, at least in the short run. 

The public now associate religious people with pedophile priests, crooked TV preachers, cults and other whack-jobs.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2008, 11:10:14 PM »
I agree that a pastor wouldn't be accepted by the majority of the public, but let us not forget that Huckster met and fufilled every stereotype around of a Southern pastor: ill-educated, ignorant on affairs beyond his immediate scope of experience, cronyistic, and arrogant. He did not help himself in any way.

In any event, this is irrelevant now, except that Huckster is deliberately helping McCain in all that he is doing.

Offline Ehud

• Master JTFer
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2008, 11:16:46 PM »

The public now associate religious people with pedophile priests, crooked TV preachers, cults and other whack-jobs.

Yep.  And people are afraid of having a moral President who gives the public a view of morality to aspire to.  People want to be able to do whatever they want, without having to feel guilt due to some kind of officially sanctioned morality.  Sexually liberal men and women want to be able to abort babies at will, atheist fundamentalists want to remove "under G-d" from the pledge of allegiance, blacks want to deny Federal funds to religious schools so that they can force white people to attend public schools because without white kids in schools, the schools would have the educational value of being locked in a cage with Chimpanzees at the zoo.  Also, they don't want an inspired President who thinks that the US has G-d on our side because they want the President to be a wimpy coward who will gladly hand the West over to the third-world and the Moozies.     
"The Jews will eventually have to face up to what you're dealing with here.  The arabs will never love you for what good you've brought them.  They don't know how to really love.  But hate!  Oh, G-d, can they hate!  And they have a deep, deep, deep resentment because you have jolted them from their delusions of grandeur and shown them for what they are-a decadent, savage people controlled by a religion that has stripped them of all human ambition . . . except for the few cruel enough and arrogant enough to command them as one commands a mob of sheep.  You are dealing with a mad society and you'd better learn how to control it."

-Excerpt from The Haj by Leon Uris

newman

« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2008, 11:23:46 PM »

Yep.  And people are afraid of having a moral President who gives the public a view of morality to aspire to.  People want to be able to do whatever they want, without having to feel guilt due to some kind of officially sanctioned morality.  Sexually liberal men and women want to be able to abort babies at will, atheist fundamentalists want to remove "under G-d" from the pledge of allegiance, blacks want to deny Federal funds to religious schools so that they can force white people to attend public schools because without white kids in schools, the schools would have the educational value of being locked in a cage with Chimpanzees at the zoo.  Also, they don't want an inspired President who thinks that the US has G-d on our side because they want the President to be a wimpy coward who will gladly hand the West over to the third-world and the Moozies.     

What you've just said is also the real reason for anti-semitism. The nations resent the Jews for bringing moral absolutism to the world. All the chr*st-killer, banker, communist stuff are just excuses.

Humans wish to do as they please without the burdon of guilt or moral codes and they will resent anybody who shows the right way.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2008, 11:33:40 PM »
What you've just said is also the real reason for anti-semitism. The nations resent the Jews for bringing moral absolutism to the world. All the chr*st-killer, banker, communist stuff are just excuses.
AMEN

newman

« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2008, 11:48:15 PM »
It is very important to have moral absolutes. I notice that most people don't seem to have them anymore. It's sad really.

I hated it when I took an anthropology class and the instructor was trying to teach us that our culture was not superior to headhunters.
Typical of the BS that communist school teachers have been drumming into western youth for four decades. They are morally vaccuous.

Anybody who says the Greco-Roman, Judaic-christian western culture (though not perfect) is 'no better' than jungle head hunting or north-african chopping off clitorises and sewing up vaginas is a complete retard, insane or totally evil.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2008, 01:31:04 PM »
I bet that Huckster's candidacy is being completely financed by McCain in order to weaken the conservative vote.

Offline Ambiorix

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • There is no "Istanbul"
    • Brussels Journal
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2008, 02:16:05 AM »
It is very important to have moral absolutes. I notice that most people don't seem to have them anymore. It's sad really.

I hated it when I took an anthropology class and the instructor was trying to teach us that our culture was not superior to headhunters.
Typical of the BS that communist school teachers have been drumming into western youth for four decades. They are morally vaccuous.

Anybody who says the Greco-Roman, Judaic-christian western culture (though not perfect) is 'no better' than jungle head hunting or north-african chopping off clitorises and sewing up vaginas is a complete retard, insane or totally evil.
cultural relativism should be punishable by death.
Turkey must get out of NATO. NATO must get out of Kosovo-Serbia. Croats must get out of Crajina. All muslims must get out of Christian and Jewish land. Turks must get out of Cyprus. Turks must get out of "Istanbul". "Palestinians" must get out of Israel. Israel must become independent from USA.

Offline דוד בן זאב אריה

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Kahane Was Right
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2008, 01:11:34 PM »
You are looking at this all wrong. Huckabee is attacking Romney because he is the real conservative who has real principles as for why he isn't attacking McCain I don't know but they are not in it together. CF you were the one who told JTF to support Rudy and now Rudy support McCain and you don't like McCain boy how thing change. Huckabee is the best one left in the race. I voted for Huckabee in the Feb 19th Washington State primary because he is the only shot left at saving Israel. Israel had a hard time keeping land under Clinton and Bush 2 it will be hard with anyone who doesn't believe that Israel is G-d's gift to the Jewish People. Israel has to be #1 and that is why I can't understand why JTF would support anyone other than Huckabee unless he bowed out of the race.
David Ben Ze'ev Aryeh

Offline דוד בן זאב אריה

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Kahane Was Right
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2008, 11:19:00 PM »
McCain is no Evangelical he is not solidly pro life. And he is questionable on the Gay issue.   
David Ben Ze'ev Aryeh

Offline MasterWolf1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2008, 01:07:39 AM »
They are all liberals, I got news for everyone of you some of you may be a bit younger then me.. Real conservatism died when Reagan was buried, it got buried with him.  And really he is rolling in his grave at what we end up coming up with.

It sure looks its going to be Hillary vs McCain.. I am not giving up on Romney yet but the odds area against him and yes HUCK is a third wheel.
RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!

Offline Lubab

• Master JTFer
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2008, 11:46:17 AM »
They are all liberals, I got news for everyone of you some of you may be a bit younger then me.. Real conservatism died when Reagan was buried, it got buried with him.  And really he is rolling in his grave at what we end up coming up with.

It sure looks its going to be Hillary vs McCain.. I am not giving up on Romney yet but the odds area against him and yes HUCK is a third wheel.

I guess you feel that if you repeat a lie long enough people will start to believe it. Romney is the third wheel if you look at the delagate counts.

Offline MasterWolf1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2008, 11:53:52 AM »
There is no lie and I wouldn't be surprised if he and McCain made some deal.  I wouldn't and you all going to be feel used and abused at the end of this.