Author Topic: Exodus to Australia tops 41,000, .........Incoming!  (Read 1837 times)

Offline Tina Greco - Melbourne

• Ultimate JTFer
Exodus to Australia tops 41,000, .........Incoming!
« on: February 04, 2008, 11:32:39 PM »
The lure of Australia for migrating New Zealanders has reached its highest level in nearly 20 years.

The transtasman outflow of permanent and long-term New Zealand migrants exceeded the inflow of Australians by almost 28,000 last year.

The figures, made public yesterday by Statistics NZ, show the net loss to Australia in 2007 was more than 7000 greater than the 20,709 net outflow the previous year. Last year's figure was the highest since 1988, when it stood at 33,400. The net flow to Australia is part of a 30-year trend influenced heavily by the relative strengths of the two nations' economies.

"Australia's incomes have been higher than New Zealand's for 30 years and they have been, for the most part, pulling away," New Zealand Institute economist Dr David Skilling said last night.

Other factors luring New Zealanders to Australia were career opportunities, housing affordability and the state of the health and education systems, Dr Skilling said. He urged New Zealand to compete aggressively with Australia to reverse the trend.

"There's no quick fix. It's not as if you can reduce tax rates and all will be well. It's a more complicated story than that. How do we make people and companies want to locate here? Part of it is tax, but it's also things like infrastructure, ability to access foreign markets from New Zealand, the quality of our education system."

National Party leader John Key said the acceleration of the exodus to Australia was "a vote of no confidence in Helen Clark's Government".

"Kiwis are tired of waiting for tax cuts and improvements in their basic living conditions. That's why record numbers of them are voting with their feet."

However, the Prime Minister said: "Of course we love to see Kiwis building their lives and careers here in New Zealand, but there will always be people who want to try their luck somewhere else."

She also emphasised New Zealand's net gain from the whole world (in contrast to the loss to Australia).

Business NZ chief executive Phil O'Reilly said the net loss to Australia was a tragedy for New Zealand, which was in the "longest-running skill shortage that we've ever had".

Some would have left to join family members or to retire, but many would be skilled workers.

AUSTRALIA BOUND

* Last year, 41,634 New Zealand citizens migrated to Australia "permanently or long term" - defined as intending to stay for at least 12 months.

* 13,636 Australians migrated to New Zealand.

* This was a net flow of 27,998 to Australia.

* It was the sixth year since 1997 in which the net flow to Australia was greater than 20,000.

* Despite the loss to Australia last year, New Zealand had a net gain from the whole world of 5491 migrants.

newman

Re: Exodus to Australia tops 41,000, .........Incoming!
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2008, 11:53:45 PM »
Our prisons are full and we've just got our unemployment and welfare levels to an all-time low.

Why bring kiwis in now? :(

kellymaureen

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2008, 11:58:23 PM »
 ;) Well my brother in law came to live over here, so that left you room for at least one

newman

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2008, 12:03:21 AM »
;) Well my brother in law came to live over here, so that left you room for at least one

THE GREAT AUSTRALIAN DREAM:

300,000 New Zealanders swimming home with a muSSlim under one arm and an asian under the other! :D

kellymaureen

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2008, 12:12:30 AM »

300,000 New Zealanders swimming home with a muSSlim under one arm and an asian under the other! :D

:::D

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2008, 12:15:30 AM »

LOL dream on buddy boy  8;) :::D

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2008, 12:16:11 AM »
Our prisons are full and we've just got our unemployment and welfare levels to an all-time low.

The Blacks are crapping on again  >:( >:( >:(

newman

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2008, 12:43:46 AM »

The problem with a non-white, all maori New Zealand is when all the whites leave there'll be no electicity, no phones, no jobs (not that there's many there now), no nothin'!

As soon as the beer ran out, the maoris would all move over here too!

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2008, 12:59:13 AM »

The problem with a non-white, all maori New Zealand is when all the whites leave there'll be no electicity, no phones, no jobs (not that there's many there now), no nothin'!

OH newman, newman it aint good mate. I never thought it could hit a lower point but it has. Now they are importing asians in by the hundreds  >:( :( :( :( :(

newman

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2008, 01:04:53 AM »

OH newman, newman it aint good mate. I never thought it could hit a lower point but it has. Now they are importing asians in by the hundreds  >:( :( :( :( :(

To NZ?

Offline Ambiorix

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • There is no "Istanbul"
    • Brussels Journal
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2008, 01:18:21 AM »

To NZ?
we need a global civil war to drive all these asian/african immigrants out.
Turkey must get out of NATO. NATO must get out of Kosovo-Serbia. Croats must get out of Crajina. All muslims must get out of Christian and Jewish land. Turks must get out of Cyprus. Turks must get out of "Istanbul". "Palestinians" must get out of Israel. Israel must become independent from USA.

Offline JTFFan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2008, 02:56:14 AM »

To NZ?

Exactly, they only destroy it not advance it drastically!

Offline Ultra Requete

• Master JTFer
  • United We Stand, Dived We'll Fall.
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2008, 03:17:25 AM »
The net plus from the places like Farkinesia, or Fakistan ::) the KIWI PM must be touched in her head. Skippy for PM!  O0 
Jeremiah 8:11-17

11 They dress the wound of my people as though it were not serious. Peace, peace, they say, when there is no peace.

12 Are they ashamed of their loathsome conduct? No, they have no shame at all; they do not even know how to blush. So they will fall among the fallen; they will be brought down when they are punished, says the LORD.

13 'I will take away their harvest, declares the LORD. There will be no grapes on the vine. There will be no figs on the tree, and their leaves will wither. What I have given them will be taken from them.'

14 Why are we sitting here? Gather together! Let us flee to the fortified cities and perish there! For the LORD our God has doomed us to perish and given us poisoned water to drink, because we have sinned against him.

15 We hoped for peace but no good has come, for a time of healing but there was only terror.

16 The snorting of the enemy's horses is heard from Dan; at the neighing of their stallions the whole land trembles. They have come to devour the land and everything in it, the city and all who live there.

17 See, I will send venomous snakes among you, vipers that cannot be charmed, and they will bite you, declares the LORD.

Love your Enemy
And Heap Burning Coals on his Head!!!
http://net-burst.net/revenge/love_and_wrath_of_God.htm

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2008, 06:08:03 AM »

To NZ?

Yes its getting beyond a joke, they have even taken over the little town I grew up in  :(

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2008, 06:12:53 AM »

To NZ?

In 1988 the year we fled NZ because it was turning into a war between whites and blacks. We were a very well to do family, with left our house our belongs cars everything there, and just got to the Airport and boarded a plane out. The only clothes we had was what we were wearing.

We landed in Melbourne and went to a bank to transfer money across.

And we started again, from nothing. It is getting to that stage again there. Is shocking and horrible to see my country on its knees because of these leftie commie bastards Blacks and half casts.

Now the Asians too, my land is nothing.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2008, 06:14:27 AM by Skippy »

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2008, 06:15:11 AM »
The net plus from the places like Farkinesia, or Fakistan ::) the KIWI PM must be touched in her head. Skippy for PM!  O0 

funny i had thought of running for PM, I have more than enough backing there  :::D