Author Topic: 6th Feb start of Lent  (Read 3100 times)

Offline Tina Greco - Melbourne

• Ultimate JTFer
6th Feb start of Lent
« on: February 04, 2008, 11:35:05 PM »
 Pancake day today Yummy, Christains have great holidays.  O0

Offline dhimmi_pride

• Senior JTFer
Re: 6th Feb start of Lent
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2008, 11:42:59 PM »

Careful soon nikmatdam will be telling us that the Jesuits control the worlds fish industry and are using the profits to plot against Jews and create tsunamis.

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2008, 11:45:19 PM »
Notice most Christain holidays are about food, Easter Pancakes, Hot cross buns and chocolate. I sometimes think I better going that way myself  8;)

Offline KansasJew

• Senior JTFer
  • JTF Logo I made
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2008, 11:47:16 PM »
Conversion just for food  :o
Remember there has to be strong silent men on the walls at night to protect the people. Be Strong but not aggressive. Be Peaceful but not weak. Defend the Jewish People at all cost.

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2008, 11:48:49 PM »

Yup its yummy food  :::D :::D :::D

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2008, 11:50:02 PM »
Notice most Christain holidays are about food, Easter Pancakes, Hot cross buns and chocolate. I sometimes think I better going that way myself  8;)

Jews celebrate all holidays by eating! We are commanded to eat on holidays.

Yeah but we don't have Chocolate chip hot cross buns  :-\ :(

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2008, 11:50:47 PM »

Yup its yummy food  :::D :::D :::D

You shouldn't eat Christian food if you're Jewish.

Well just add another strike to my name then  ::)

Offline MasterWolf1

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2008, 12:01:38 AM »
Well, during Lent, on Ash Wed and every Friday till Easter we are not suppose to eat any Meat other then fish.  Which is what I do observe for sure.  And to give up a sin each week of Lent.
RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!

Offline dhimmi_pride

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2008, 12:46:23 AM »
Don't Catholics refrain from meat every Friday of the year? And don't they give up meat all days of Lent except Sunday?

Yacov,

The exact rules for fasting may differ from country to country because the Bishops are granted a  degree of discretion; for example in New York and Boston if St. Patrick's Day lands on a Friday in Lent Bishops allow Irish-Catholics to eat corned beef and cabbage because it is a traditional meal. It also various among Rites within the Catholic Church. For example in some Eastern Rites fish and dairy may also be forbidden but not in the Latin Rite.

The Bishops in the US received permission to ease the restriction of meat on Fridays by allowing Catholics to do an act of penance or charity instead of refraining from meat on all Fridays. However if one does not do this one should refrain from meat. This has lead to some confusion among Catholics in the US and many Catholics incorrectly believe the ban on meat has been lifted altogether in the US. However older and more religious Catholics tend to continue to abstaine from meat on all Fridays during the year. Refraining from meat is required for all Catholics on Fridays during lent except for children and those in poor health. Fasting is required for all Catholics on Ash wensday until sundown.

This explains in greater detail
http://www.ewtn.com/faith/lent/fast.htm

Offline dhimmi_pride

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2008, 01:17:13 AM »
Is the fasting refraining from all food and drink or just meat?

All meat and food but not drink. However one is allowed to eat small portions of food twice during the day if one really needs it to get by so long as combined they do not constitute one single meal. This is minimum one can do.

newman

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2008, 02:04:12 AM »
When is the prayer for the conversion of the "perfidious Jews" said?

Offline dhimmi_pride

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2008, 02:29:56 AM »
It is no longer used and I think you know that. The word "perfidious" means unbelievers and was used to describe all non-Christians in Catholic rituals not just Jews.

newman

« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2008, 02:46:59 AM »
It is no longer used and I think you know that. The word "perfidious" means unbelievers and was used to describe all non-Christians in Catholic rituals not just Jews.
The prayer is/was for the "perfidious Jews" not the "perfidious everybodies".

Real meaning:

Adj. 1. perfidious tending to betray; especially having a treacherous character as attributed to the Carthaginians by the Romans; "Punic faith"; "the perfidious Judas"; "the fiercest and most treacherous of foes"; "treacherous intrigues"

Offline dhimmi_pride

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2008, 03:03:21 AM »
The prayer is/was for the "perfidious Jews" not the "perfidious everybodies".

Real meaning:

Adj. 1. perfidious tending to betray; especially having a treacherous character as attributed to the Carthaginians by the Romans; "Punic faith"; "the perfidious Judas"; "the fiercest and most treacherous of foes"; "treacherous intrigues"
It is no longer used. In the context of the good friday mass it was directed at Jews. At other times it was used for other faiths.

Offline MasterWolf1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2008, 03:06:55 AM »

All meat and food but not drink. However one is allowed to eat small portions of food twice during the day if one really needs it to get by so long as combined they do not constitute one single meal. This is minimum one can do.

We can eat just Fish if it is an animal product on Lent (Fridays) but not beef or chicken.   Usually on the Fridays I will eat mostly veggies or grains during Lent that won't have any meat at all.   But you can drink anything during Lent
RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!

Offline dhimmi_pride

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2008, 04:01:40 AM »

We can eat just Fish if it is an animal product on Lent (Fridays) but not beef or chicken.   Usually on the Fridays I will eat mostly veggies or grains during Lent that won't have any meat at all.   But you can drink anything during Lent
I meant refraining from all meat and food on Ash Wensday and Good Friday.
I ususally just go for Pizza or a bowl of pasta. Supposedly pizza replaced the traditional fish on Fridays for white ethnic Catholics in cities during the 50's and that is how it became so popular in the US.

Offline dhimmi_pride

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2008, 12:11:58 AM »
But you can drink anything during Lent

Even alcohol?

Yes. Although I think it should be taken only in moderation.

Offline MasterWolf1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2008, 12:15:19 AM »

Even alcohol?

Wine is served in the church Yacov its more of a symbolic reason.

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2008, 01:09:13 AM »

Even alcohol?

I don't think he knows about communion

Offline MasterWolf1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2008, 01:10:47 AM »

Even alcohol?

That's ok, he can ask I myself or any other Catholics on this board will gladly answer.  I recieved my first when I was 8

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2008, 01:13:22 AM »

Even alcohol?

That's ok, he can ask I myself or any other Catholics on this board will gladly answer.  I recieved my first when I was 8

At 8 wow thats young isn't it?

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2008, 02:12:29 AM »
I don't observe that holiday because I'm non-denominational but I do like it when they put tuna fish on sale for it.  :)