Author Topic: Archbishop of Canterbury says sharia law in UK "unavoidable"  (Read 8694 times)

Offline ASHISH

• Pro JTFer
Archbishop of Canterbury says sharia law in UK "unavoidable"
« on: February 07, 2008, 02:36:49 PM »
The Archbishop of Canterbury says the adoption of certain aspects of Sharia law in the UK "seems unavoidable".

Dr Rowan Williams told Radio 4's World at One that the UK has to "face up to the fact" that some of its citizens do not relate to the British legal system.

Dr Williams argues that adopting parts of Islamic Sharia law would help maintain social cohesion.

For example, Muslims could choose to have marital disputes or financial matters dealt with in a Sharia court.

He says Muslims should not have to choose between "the stark alternatives of cultural loyalty or state loyalty".

An approach to law which simply said - there's one law for everybody - I think that's a bit of a danger
Dr Rowan Williams, Archbishop of Canterbury

In an exclusive interview with BBC correspondent Christopher Landau, ahead of a lecture to lawyers in London later on Monday, Dr Williams argues this relies on Sharia law being better understood. At the moment, he says "sensational reporting of opinion polls" clouds the issue.

He stresses that "nobody in their right mind would want to see in this country the kind of inhumanity that's sometimes been associated with the practice of the law in some Islamic states; the extreme punishments, the attitudes to women as well".

But Dr Williams says the argument that "there's one law for everybody... I think that's a bit of a danger".

"There's a place for finding what would be a constructive accommodation with some aspects of Muslim law, as we already do with some other aspects of religious law."

Dr Williams adds: "What we don't want either, is I think, a stand-off, where the law squares up to people's religious consciences."

"We don't either want a situation where, because there's no way of legally monitoring what communities do... people do what they like in private in such a way that that becomes another way of intensifying oppression inside a community."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/7232661.stm

kellymaureen

Re: Archbishop of Canterbury says sharia law in UK "unavoidable"
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2008, 02:41:02 PM »
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/7232661.stm

The Archbishop of Canterbury says the adoption of certain aspects of Sharia law in the UK "seems unavoidable".
Dr Rowan Williams told Radio 4's World at One that the UK has to "face up to the fact" that some of its citizens do not relate to the British legal system.

Dr Williams argues that adopting parts of Islamic Sharia law would help maintain social cohesion.

For example, Muslims could choose to have marital disputes or financial matters dealt with in a Sharia court.

He says Muslims should not have to choose between "the stark alternatives of cultural loyalty or state loyalty".

'Sensational

The trouble, Dr Williams, is that muslims do not want PART of sharia, they want it all....and want YOU and the rest of the non muslims to obey it or else.
Another problem with the family disputes is that sharia is so contrary to family laws already enforced that it would be impossible...who would enforce it?  Would British police be expected to enforce sharia, or would muslims demand their own police, like in saudi.
If muslims feel uncomfortable with secular laws in a country that took them in....there is one very easy solution...they can leave the same way they came.

Offline Ultra Requete

• Master JTFer
  • United We Stand, Dived We'll Fall.
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2008, 05:03:57 PM »
This another proof of hipocricy of the left, When they forced their mariage and family civil rights down our throats they didn't said: Christians or Jews should not have to choose between "the stark alternatives of cultural loyalty or state loyalty". What the laying bigots. >:(   
Jeremiah 8:11-17

11 They dress the wound of my people as though it were not serious. Peace, peace, they say, when there is no peace.

12 Are they ashamed of their loathsome conduct? No, they have no shame at all; they do not even know how to blush. So they will fall among the fallen; they will be brought down when they are punished, says the LORD.

13 'I will take away their harvest, declares the LORD. There will be no grapes on the vine. There will be no figs on the tree, and their leaves will wither. What I have given them will be taken from them.'

14 Why are we sitting here? Gather together! Let us flee to the fortified cities and perish there! For the LORD our God has doomed us to perish and given us poisoned water to drink, because we have sinned against him.

15 We hoped for peace but no good has come, for a time of healing but there was only terror.

16 The snorting of the enemy's horses is heard from Dan; at the neighing of their stallions the whole land trembles. They have come to devour the land and everything in it, the city and all who live there.

17 See, I will send venomous snakes among you, vipers that cannot be charmed, and they will bite you, declares the LORD.

Love your Enemy
And Heap Burning Coals on his Head!!!
http://net-burst.net/revenge/love_and_wrath_of_God.htm

Offline Ulli

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2008, 05:10:43 PM »
His theology is a nightmare and he loves Islam.

Everybody in Europe knows, that he is an evil antisemite and a Muzzie-lover.  >:(
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline Ultra Requete

• Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2008, 05:18:32 PM »
Yes he is, and his words are clear proofs of Eurabia theory. Soon there will be two kind of euro regions in EU one run by radical secularists other by radical islalmists... guess what in both Christains will not be welcomed and both willl be "Juden Frei".   

11 They dress the wound of my people as though it were not serious. Peace, peace, they say, when there is no peace.

12 Are they ashamed of their loathsome conduct? No, they have no shame at all; they do not even know how to blush. So they will fall among the fallen; they will be brought down when they are punished, says the LORD.

13 'I will take away their harvest, declares the LORD. There will be no grapes on the vine. There will be no figs on the tree, and their leaves will wither. What I have given them will be taken from them.'

14 Why are we sitting here? Gather together! Let us flee to the fortified cities and perish there! For the LORD our God has doomed us to perish and given us poisoned water to drink, because we have sinned against him.

15 We hoped for peace but no good has come, for a time of healing but there was only terror.

16 The snorting of the enemy's horses is heard from Dan; at the neighing of their stallions the whole land trembles. They have come to devour the land and everything in it, the city and all who live there.

17 See, I will send venomous snakes among you, vipers that cannot be charmed, and they will bite you, declares the LORD.

Love your Enemy

Offline ASHISH

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2008, 05:37:31 PM »
What is pope doing about this?

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2008, 07:05:40 PM »
Dr Rowan Williams   - archbiship of canterbury, is a classic idiot. He is quite popular in britain, because he is so liberal.

From my recollection, he is actually a pagan druid!  no doubt he sees no contradiction!

Offline judeanoncapta

• Master JTFer
  • Rebuild it now!!!!
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2008, 08:01:11 PM »
There is no England anymore.
Post questions here for the ASK JUDEA TORAH SHOW

my blog: Yehudi-Nation

Who is truly wise? He who can see the future. I see tommorow today and I want to end it - Rabbi Meir Daweedh Kahana

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2008, 08:36:32 PM »
There is no England anymore.

regarding britain - England Ireland Scotland and Wales.

you still have scotland, and wales.. scottish and welsh saying scotland and wales. same with ireland.

But england is different. The british people that tend to say england tend to mean England for the English. And when they say that, when they say English. They mean people whose ancestors have lived here for generations. So they exclude jews, blacks, asians. e.t.c.   They tend to be racists really.

I don`t know if in america people with indian parents are called "asians". 
In britain, blacks do not call themselves "african-britains". But neither they nor jews are considered "english".

This is quite different to America.
Where people are told they are american, and told of their rights as an american e.t.c.

Foreign people still say england, but they are not aware of the peculiarities of the word in britain!

I used to think I was "english", but that was before I knew of how people seem to use the word.  I started getting funny looks when saying that!  The people that use that word would not consider a jew "english".

I guess racists have made the word racist!
« Last Edit: February 07, 2008, 08:39:50 PM by q_q_ »

Offline Ambiorix

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • There is no "Istanbul"
    • Brussels Journal
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2008, 08:39:54 PM »

not much aparently.
In earlier centuries this would certainly have resulted into excommunication.
Turkey must get out of NATO. NATO must get out of Kosovo-Serbia. Croats must get out of Crajina. All muslims must get out of Christian and Jewish land. Turks must get out of Cyprus. Turks must get out of "Istanbul". "Palestinians" must get out of Israel. Israel must become independent from USA.

Offline Ambiorix

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • There is no "Istanbul"
    • Brussels Journal
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2008, 08:52:55 PM »
My alternative....kick muslims out of the UK.

What a shame that my country of ancestry has become a nation full of cowards.  >:(
Britain is a Christian nation, but they don't love their Christian religion enough to defend it from these mooslim invaders. Very SHAMEFUL!

What do you want? The Bolsheviks are doing everything they can to impose "multi-culture".

It serves the elites, to create a new "lower class" and to let whites and non-whites create chaos.
Turkey must get out of NATO. NATO must get out of Kosovo-Serbia. Croats must get out of Crajina. All muslims must get out of Christian and Jewish land. Turks must get out of Cyprus. Turks must get out of "Istanbul". "Palestinians" must get out of Israel. Israel must become independent from USA.

Offline Zoran

• Full JTFer
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2008, 09:16:16 PM »
So it looks like I can never go back to Europe with my girlfriend or future children out of fear for their lives under Eurabia.

Offline Ambiorix

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • There is no "Istanbul"
    • Brussels Journal
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2008, 10:07:46 PM »
So it looks like I can never go back to Europe with my girlfriend or future children out of fear for their lives under Eurabia.

Don't worry.
Tension is already building up.
Europe will explode in a couple of decades, and all the muslims will be driven out or killed.
 O0

Offline dhimmi_pride

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2008, 12:55:26 AM »

not much aparently.
What???
I think that anyone who thinks the Pope has any authority or influence over the Protestant Archbishop of Canterbury has quite alot of reading to do on the history of Western Civilization.

Offline Ambiorix

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • There is no "Istanbul"
    • Brussels Journal
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2008, 01:04:43 AM »

not much aparently.
What???
I think that anyone who thinks the Pope has any authority or influence over the Protestant Archbishop of Canterbury has quite alot of reading to do on the history of Western Civilization.
well, yeah.  :-\ It's a long time ago i was over there.
Forgot they aren't Catholics :P

newman

« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2008, 01:52:07 AM »
The catholic church should have it's armies invade Britain, hold Inquisition No 2 and kill every CofE member & muSSlim it can get it's hands on.

Offline Ambiorix

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • There is no "Istanbul"
    • Brussels Journal
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2008, 01:59:24 AM »
The catholic church should have it's armies invade Britain, hold Inquisition No 2 and kill every CofE member & muSSlim it can get it's hands on.

Catholic Cardinals in France or Belgium are just as dhimmi as that Mr. Williams

Offline JTFFan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2008, 02:03:01 AM »

Exactly

Offline Ambiorix

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • There is no "Istanbul"
    • Brussels Journal
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2008, 02:04:09 AM »

Exactly
But I do grasp the concept Newman!

newman

« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2008, 02:05:04 AM »

Exactly
Then evangelical-baptist USA should nuke europe and do ALL of them in.

Offline Ambiorix

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • There is no "Istanbul"
    • Brussels Journal
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2008, 02:05:54 AM »

Exactly

I will kill everybody that attempts it.

Offline ASHISH

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2008, 01:41:54 PM »

What do you mean by CofE member?

newman

« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2008, 08:19:05 PM »

"Church Of England".

Offline ASHISH

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2008, 09:13:13 PM »

"Church Of England".

I thought something else ;D

Offline Ultra Requete

• Master JTFer
« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2008, 10:47:18 AM »

Exactly

Be my guest; if they first nuke the other half of America. O0

Love your Enemy