Author Topic: "The Bible was originally published in 1611, written by man called King James."  (Read 6625 times)

wonderfulgoy

« Last Edit: December 11, 2006, 09:45:15 PM by Yacov Menashe Ben Rachamim »

Offline genteelgentile

• Pro JTFer
  • Chaim Ben Pesach- Civil Rights Leader 4 The Ages
Someone ought to make King James work easier to read.  Too many "thee and thou" words.
I LOVE dogs because muslims do not!!!!  Have your dog kiss a muslim today!

Offline Shlomo

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • SAVE ISRAEL!
The King James is not an accurate translation.
"In the final analysis, for the believer there are no questions, and for the non-believer there are no answers." -Chofetz Chaim

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
Wasn't King James a homo?
I seem to remember reading about how he was a total degenerate who wasn't Christian and had a full time boyfriend.
or...maybe that was Queen James?

Offline Shlomo

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • SAVE ISRAEL!
I seem to remember reading about how he was a total degenerate who wasn't Christian and had a full time boyfriend.
LOLOL!

I never heard that before... Queen James... hahahaha

The more recent translations are much better but my favorite is ArtScroll's.
"In the final analysis, for the believer there are no questions, and for the non-believer there are no answers." -Chofetz Chaim

wonderfulgoy

That kind of behaviour was always very common among the European aristocracies.

Centuries before 'globalization' as we know it, the aristocracies of various countries were thoroughly globalized and inter-married. 

Basically all of the evil forms of behaviour that are common among everyone today were common among the European elites for many centuries ... the bad behaviour, so to speak, has filtered down gradually to the masses over the years.

If you want to see what the common folk will be like in 100 years' time, observe their aristocracy.  So in Britain, if you look at the likes of Prince Charles, who is on the verge of converting to Islam, and his son Prince William, who wore a Nazi swastika to a toff's party, you see the urgent need for Jewish people to get out of Britain FAST.  Because Britain will be a Nazi-Muslim state by the end of this century ....

Offline azrom

• Senior JTFer
The King James is not an accurate translation.

I read the king james. What is the more accurate version?
"Negroes are a form of animal and it is against the will of God and nature to mate with such creatures. It is specifically forbidden in the Holy Bible. The Negro is still in the ape stage, actually a higher form of gorilla. They are retarded, 200,000 years behind the white race. They suffer from sickle-cell trait, a hereditary racial characteristic of negroes, and is found in no other race - Negroes have diseased blood". - Prof. Charles Carroll

Offline Christian Zionist

• Master JTFer
  • homosexuality is an abomination to God-Lev.18:22
KJV was translated out of the traditional Massoretic text like any other translation.  All Bibilcal translations (both from Jewish and Christian) have their inaccuracies.

In our Christian circles Revised Standard Version is considered to be the closest translation to the Hebrew Tanak.

After the discovery of the Dead Sea Scrolls both Jewish and Christian scholars should come up with an accurate translation of the Bible.

Translators should also refer other ancient Bibles like Targum (Aramaic translation), Peshitha (Syriac language translation), Vulgate (Latin language) and Septuagint (Greek). 

I agree with Yacov that the Tanak available in Hebrew is the most accurate of all.  I wish I know Hebrew to study the mysteries of the Tanak, the acrostic Pslams and the style of Isaiah.
Isaiah 62:1 -  For Zion's sake I am not silent, And for Jerusalem's sake I do not rest, Till her righteousness go out as brightness, And her salvation, as a torch that burns.

Offline kahaneloyalist

• Master JTFer
CZ, I'll be honest, the Christian "translations" are laughed at they are so poorly translated. The only translations that are worth anything are Jewish ones, which are based off of not just the Tanak but also the ancient Targums like Yerushalmi and Onkelos. The easiest to use is Artscroll but they are all pretty good.
"For it is through the mercy of fools that all Justice is lost"
Ramban

KnightsofEurope

I would recommend to all righteous Christians to mix your bible. Use the Hebrew Bible instead of the "Tanach" for your readings. And then get a separate copy of the Christian New Testament.

Offline Christian Zionist

• Master JTFer
  • homosexuality is an abomination to God-Lev.18:22
I would recommend to all righteous Christians to mix your bible. Use the Hebrew Bible instead of the "Tanach" for your readings. And then get a separate copy of the Christian New Testament.

I do the that.  I use the Jewish Bible, TANAK The Holy Scriptures - The New JPS Translation According To The Tradional Hebrew Text.
By The Jewish Publication Society, Philadelphia.

I also respect great Jewish scholars Rashi, Ibn Ezra, Kimhi, Saadia Gaon, Rambam and others as great grammarians and philologians even though I do not agree with their theology.

« Last Edit: December 23, 2006, 12:30:11 AM by Christian Zionist »
Isaiah 62:1 -  For Zion's sake I am not silent, And for Jerusalem's sake I do not rest, Till her righteousness go out as brightness, And her salvation, as a torch that burns.