Author Topic: women swoon for obama  (Read 3354 times)

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
women swoon for obama
« on: February 12, 2008, 01:46:29 PM »
http://www.news24.com/News24/World/News/0,,2-10-1462_2269063,00.html

Women 'falling for Obama'
12/02/2008 12:02  - (SA)   

No new scandals, says Clinton

Obama narrowly leads McCain

Weekend sweep for Obama

College Park, Maryland - You can see it in their flushed-face smiles and hear it in their screams. They say the phenomenon is difficult to describe, but once they experience it they tell their friends, sisters, mothers and daughters, and they come back for more if they can.

"He's very charismatic. It was a 'you-had-to-be-there' kind of experience," said Lolita Breckenridge, 37, after hearing Democratic White House hopeful Barack Obama address a packed rally at the University of Maryland on Monday.

A dedicated supporter, she brought two of her friends to hear the Illinois senator deliver one of his much-talked-about speeches.

"Not too much of the speech was new to me," she admitted. "But hearing him live..." she trailed off, shaking her head and grinning.

When Obama addressed the crowd of 16 000 on the eve of primaries which he is tipped to win in Maryland, Virginia and Washington, DC, he carried himself with his habitual worldly confidence, interspersed talk of foreign policy with recollections of his childhood and even poked political fun at his Republican adversaries.

He did not flinch when women screamed as he was in mid-sentence, and even broke off once to answer a female's cry of "I love you Obama!" with a reassuring: "I love you back."

The 46-year-old son of a white American mother and black Kenyan father repeated his platform of ending the war in Iraq, offering tuition credit for students and providing health care for all Americans, drawing repeated standing ovations during the hour-long rally.

In contrast to Obama's schedule which included a second arena-sized appearance in Baltimore on Monday, his rival Senator Hillary Clinton held a series of low key talks, including a guest lecture at the University of Virginia and a tour of a General Motors plant.

'Party Like a Barack Star'

The former first lady's discrete approach to voters in Washington and bordering states appeared to acknowledge her likely defeat there, amid questions over her campaign's stability after a sudden shake-up saw her top advisor stepped aside.

With Obama surging after a series of key wins last week, supporters eager for a chance to see him in the flesh braved freezing temperatures and filed politely into a near interminable line that stretched all the way across campus.

Ahead of Obama's speech, hip-hop music blared across the sports arena and fans held up signs that read "Barack My World" and "Party Like a Barack Star". Afterward, supporters were eager to talk about the experience.

For Karen Ruffin, 42, hearing him speak of his hope for the country was "inspiring, full of hope and phenomenal".

She said she felt some pangs of regret for not supporting Clinton, who early on was tipped to gain the women's vote.

"I was undecided in the beginning but after hearing a few speeches I gradually moved toward him," Ruffin said.

Her friend Tyra Simpkins, 37, said she has always rooted for Obama.

"I think he has a lot of momentum and I'm really excited about his health care plan, I know he's going to do a lot of great things for people with disabilities," said Simpkins, who suffers from multiple sclerosis.

'My grandparents like Hillary...'

His speech "made me glad to be an American again".

Obama, who has been endorsed by Massachusetts Senator Ted Kennedy, brother of the late John and Robert Kennedy, often quotes the famous family in his speeches and did so again on Monday.

"John F Kennedy said we can never negotiate out of fear, but we can never fear to negotiate," Obama said, vowing to shut down the US prison at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, end the war in Iraq as well as "the mindset that got us into war".

For student Rachel Niederer, 21, it was Obama's way with words that swayed her to his side.

"I love listening to his speeches," she said.

Asked if she had any university friends who were backing Clinton, she answered: "My grandparents like Hillary. I don't know anyone (my age) who does."

Retired Washington native Marty Lallis, 61, said Obama reminded her of Robert Kennedy, who was assassinated in 1968, five years after his brother and the same year as Dr Martin Luther King, Jnr was gunned down.

"I was just as excited by Robert F Kennedy when I was a teenager. I feel the same excitement for Obama. Maybe a little bit more because I am more mature," she said.

"Every time I hear him speak I become more hopeful and more sure that he would be the best president we could have," she said. "He makes you feel like he's talking to you especially."
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

kellymaureen

Re: women swoon for obama
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2008, 01:50:41 PM »
I wonder if these swooning women will feel the same when they are taken back to the 7th century :o

Oh man I wish there was a puking face icon lol.
Idiot women :-\

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2008, 01:52:33 PM »
I wonder if these swooning women will feel the same when they are taken back to the 7th century :o

they really are look at this comment

He's very charismatic. It was a 'you-had-to-be-there' kind of experience," said Lolita Breckenridge, 37, after hearing Democratic White House hopeful Barack Obama address a packed rally at the University of Maryland on Monday
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

kellymaureen

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2008, 01:57:21 PM »

He's very charismatic. It was a 'you-had-to-be-there' kind of experience," said Lolita Breckenridge, 37, after hearing Democratic White House hopeful Barack Obama address a packed rally at the University of Maryland on Monday

Look Lolita (lol are people really named that :P ) here is another "charasmatic" man who women swooned over

women who swooned over him were sorry....just like women who vote osama in will be :-\

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2008, 01:59:10 PM »

Look Lolita (lol are people really named that :P ) here is another "charasmatic" man who women swooned over

women who swooned over him were sorry....just like women who vote osama in will be :-\
Ted Bundy good point,however i think and i'm not a woman or gay Bundy was better looking

Shot at 2010-01-03

kellymaureen

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2008, 02:02:17 PM »

Look Lolita (lol are people really named that :P ) here is another "charismatic" man who women swooned over

Ted Bundy good point,however i think and i'm not a woman or gay Bundy was better looking

Agreed he was much better looking, but thats not how he got girls to jump into his car...he was friendly and charismatic and talked a good line....like osama, which makes him as dangerous.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2008, 02:06:08 PM »

Look Lolita (lol are people really named that :P ) here is another "charismatic" man who women swooned over

Agreed he was much better looking, but thats not how he got girls to jump into his car...he was friendly and charismatic and talked a good line....like osama, which makes him as dangerous.
Yes i had a friend like that charismatic luckily he was'nt evil

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline New Yorker

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2008, 02:30:47 PM »

They must be an embarassment to a smart cookie like yourself KellyMaureen. Ah, what can you do.

Hey, when did you buy a Learjet?  ;)
Nuke the arabs till they glow, then shoot them in the dark.

kellymaureen

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2008, 02:37:34 PM »

They must be an embarassment to a smart cookie like yourself KellyMaureen. Ah, what can you do.

Hey, when did you buy a Learjet?  ;)

yeah the women who are pimping themselves out for osama should be shot ;)
Lol yeah I wish, its my uncle's plane ;)

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2008, 02:40:15 PM »
He's an evil seductive Pimp :D, very similar to the anti-Christ predicted in the NT book of revelation! ???
He's too dumb

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Vito

• Master JTFer
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2008, 02:41:09 PM »
He's an evil seductive Pimp :D, very similar to the anti-Christ predicted in the NT book of revelation! ???
He's too dumb

We live in a dumb world...

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2008, 02:42:37 PM »
He's too dumb

We live in a dumb world...
Thats true

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline abdithefaithful

• Full JTFer
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2008, 02:57:08 PM »
It is true, women are swooning over Obama like he's some kind of "rock star". Unfortunately vulnerable women are getting the same sort of strange "sexual charge" from watching Obama blabbing his inane rhetoric as they did several years ago when Bill Clinton was blabbing his brand of inane rhetoric. Why these phony politicians have the ability to "sexually stimulate" droves of blushing and panting women into running inside the voting booths in 5 inch patent pumps to passionately pull the lever in some sort of display of twisted "sexual release" in favor of who they think is the "hottie" candidate is beyond comprehension-- It's just plain sick! We're supposed to elect our leaders on their principles, values, morals and merits, not by their ability to throw women into a "sexual frenzy" with a wink of their eye... It's a gosh darn shame that our political process has digressed into a "beefcake" contest instead of a serious political competition where the issues are critical, and not the candidates' cheekbones and dimples. It's appalling that our nation's democracy has been reduced to this. American Politics should be more about the candidates' substance and not their SEX APPEAL to the naive and vulnerable sector of female voters!
« Last Edit: February 12, 2008, 02:59:05 PM by abdithefaithful »
If you don't like The Great Chaim, then you sure as heck wouldn't like me!

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2008, 03:37:29 PM »
Not all women  ;)

I have been looking for that puking face icon myself lately KellyMaureen - especially when it comes to discussions about this election and for both sides of the aisle.
Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

Offline Ben Yehuda

• Director Of Marketing
  • Master JTFer
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2008, 03:42:13 PM »
Even his intonation is fake and practiced, copied from other evil politicians like mlk and jfk. Idiots just respond to it like Pavlov's dog.

Offline DALMACIJA

• Master JTFer
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2008, 03:45:17 PM »
hehe

Obama AKA Black Player..

Offline Merkava

• Master JTFer
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2008, 03:49:50 PM »
hehe

Obama AKA Black Player..

You mean playa.

I want Osama to appear on my next video. Its a remix I did for : Ludacris - Move B****

"We are in 1938, and Iran is Germany"

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2008, 03:56:18 PM »
Even his intonation is fake and practiced, copied from other evil politicians like mlk and jfk. Idiots just respond to it like Pavlov's dog.
I noticed that

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline DALMACIJA

• Master JTFer
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2008, 04:01:37 PM »

You mean playa.

hehe you know good... You were also a gangster/ rapper  O0

I think in Europe they say player with a "R".
Never mind it isn't important

Offline Merkava

• Master JTFer
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2008, 04:33:58 PM »

You mean playa.

hehe you know good... You were also a gangster/ rapper  O0

I think in Europe they say player with a "R".
Never mind it isn't important

Yeh yeh. I used to hang out with Snoop at the Swap Meets. I'm a G. 

Offline Cyberella

• Master JTFer
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2008, 10:24:46 PM »
I don't get it. He's ugly.

Offline Merkava

• Master JTFer
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2008, 12:20:18 PM »
I don't get it. He's ugly.

Maybe.

But i bet his tool must be bigger than one of those Jumbo Sausages you get eat here in New York.