General Category > Ask Posters Show Threads

Ask Scriabin

<< < (4/21) > >>

Ambiorix:

--- Quote from: Scriabin on February 13, 2008, 01:46:47 PM ---
--- Quote from: Ambiorix on February 13, 2008, 04:10:47 AM ---Scriabin,

What is your opinion on Russia?

--- End quote ---

Russia changed in 1917 for the worse.  Tzarist Russia was infinately superior to Commusnist Russia.  Russia once had a huge and prosperous middle class.  They used to produce Great Art, Literature, etc.  Now what do they produce?

--- End quote ---
don't you agree that some composers under the tyranny of Stalin wrote great symphonies/chamber music and so on?

Scriabin:

--- Quote from: Ambiorix on February 13, 2008, 03:54:05 PM ---

--- End quote ---

Russia changed in 1917 for the worse.  Tzarist Russia was infinately superior to Commusnist Russia.  Russia once had a huge and prosperous middle class.  They used to produce Great Art, Literature, etc.  Now what do they produce?

--- End quote ---
don't you agree that some composers under the tyranny of Stalin wrote great symphonies/chamber music and so on?

--- End quote ---

Of course, but I can only Imagine what could have been.

There has been an overall decline in Music, Art, civilization and culture since Beethoven.  Did Communism play a role in that decline?  Probably.

Still, most of the great Russian Stalinist-era composers lived in America or at least, outside of Russia.

Ambiorix:

--- Quote from: Scriabin on February 13, 2008, 04:01:09 PM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

There has been an overall decline in Music, Art, civilization and culture since Beethoven.  Did Communism play a role in this decline?  Probably.

Still, most of the great Russian Stalinist-era composers lived in America or at least, outside of Russia.

--- End quote ---
I disagree.
I don't think Communism is the cause of this.
It is the industrial revolution, and the fall of the Feodal System.
Beethoven actually advocated far-left Napoleonistic policies himself...

Scriabin:

--- Quote from: Ambiorix on February 13, 2008, 04:04:24 PM ---
--- Quote from: Scriabin on February 13, 2008, 04:01:09 PM ---

--- End quote ---

Russia changed in 1917 for the worse.  Tsarist Russia was infinitely superior to Communist Russia.  Russia once had a huge and prosperous middle class.  They used to produce Great Art, Literature, etc.  Now what do they produce?

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

There has been an overall decline in Music, Art, civilization and culture since Beethoven.  Did Communism play a role in this decline?  Probably.

--- End quote ---
I disagree.
I don't think Communism is the cause of this.
It is the industrial revolution, and the fall of the Feodal System.

--- End quote ---

You are probably right about the industrial revolution.  I do know this, however.  A delicate artist like Scriabin would have perished under the Bolshevik regime.  Its a good thing that he died in 1915. 

It is interesting to note that all of the Communist-era composers are insensitive, thick-skinned, angry paranoid types like Shostakovitch, Stravinsky and Prokofiev.

Scriabin:

--- Quote from: Ambiorix on February 13, 2008, 04:04:24 PM ---Beethoven actually advocated far-left Napoleonistic policies himself...

--- End quote ---

Beethoven may have had left-wing beliefs, but his music is non-political.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version