Author Topic: Can Anyone Recommend A Safe, Not So Expensive Neighborhood In Queens?  (Read 4222 times)

Offline Joe Gutfeld

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: Can Anyone Recommend A Safe, Not So Expensive Neighborhood In Queens?
« Reply #50 on: February 14, 2008, 07:26:28 PM »
As a matter of fact it is.  I live in a co-op that is in Woodside.  It within reason and is waling distance from the Sunnyside and Woodside Jewish Centers.  And is about 10-15 minutes from the 59th street bridge and the midtown tunnel.  I live near the No. 7 train and LIRR and 2 buses that goes into Manhattan. Also there is a bus that goes to Rockaway beach. 

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #51 on: February 14, 2008, 07:32:51 PM »
Thanks Joe. 

I think I'll take a trip there tomorrow and check it out. 

Offline Scriabin

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #52 on: February 15, 2008, 01:00:20 AM »
Sunnyside is all right.  I'm telling you.

Offline Ari

• Master JTFer
« Reply #53 on: February 15, 2008, 01:16:33 AM »
Yes, Lisa, probably in the areas I mentioned a car would be desired, unless you lived pretty close to the Railroad line I guess, with direct access into the city.  I think the Bayside/Bay Terrace area does have a number of apartments for rent.  Little Neck and Douglaston are a bit more tricky.  Not as many apartments, but a number of people tend to rent out houses, and co-ops remain pretty reasonable.  All 3 have pretty decent size Jewish communities, and singles as well as families.  Good luck in whatever your choice.   O0

P.S.  I have always liked visiting Forrest Hills, though I never looked into living there.

Offline ItalianZionist

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #54 on: February 15, 2008, 04:55:17 AM »
As a matter of fact it is.  I live in a co-op that is in Woodside.  It within reason and is waling distance from the Sunnyside and Woodside Jewish Centers.  And is about 10-15 minutes from the 59th street bridge and the midtown tunnel.  I live near the No. 7 train and LIRR and 2 buses that goes into Manhattan. Also there is a bus that goes to Rockaway beach. 

joe,
aren't there a ton of lower class mexicans in woodside?  there are still jews there?

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #55 on: February 15, 2008, 05:24:06 AM »

joe,
aren't there a ton of lower class mexicans in woodside?  there are still jews there?

Yes and there the real Mexicans the ones that are tiny with that extremely straight black black hair,i guess there Indian mexicans
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline RationalThought110

• Ultimate JTFer

Offline Joe Gutfeld

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #57 on: February 15, 2008, 12:51:51 PM »
There aren't any Mexicans here.  The co-op that I live in is a mostly mixed complex, but there aren't any Mexicans living here.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #58 on: February 15, 2008, 12:53:59 PM »
how far from qns blvd Joe?
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03