Author Topic: Two-thirds of Aussies back stolen generations apology (that idiots)  (Read 6111 times)

Offline Tina Greco - Melbourne

• Ultimate JTFer

Two-thirds of Aussies back stolen generations apology

February 18, 2008 07:20am
Article from: AAP

* People in favour of apology jumps to 68 per cent
    * NT man to launch class compo action
    * Cash for classes plan for indigenous kids

MORE than two-thirds of Australians now support the Federal Government's decision to apologise to indigenous people for past wrongs, a new poll shows.

The Galaxy survey, conducted for online activist group GetUp!, found the proportion of people in favour of saying sorry had jumped 13 points to 68 per cent, up from 55 per cent over the weekend of February 1-3.

The poll of 1100 respondents aged over 16 was taken at the weekend, after Prime Minister Kevin Rudd delivered the formal apology to the stolen generations in parliament last Wednesday.

It found the number of people who disagreed with the apology had fallen to just 22 per cent, down from 36 per cent earlier in the month.

"This is an unprecedented turnaround of opinion in such a short time," GetUp! executive director Brett Solomon said.

"It shows that bold leadership on indigenous affairs will be rewarded, and that 'sorry' was indeed a healing moment for all Australians - the process of reconciliation has been breathed new life with this important first step".

The poll proved that saying "sorry" was a concrete step towards reconciliation, Mr Solomon said.

Among those who supported the apology, the percentage who strongly agreed had increased from 31 to 41 per cent in the latest poll, the survey found.

Offline Raulmarrio2000

• Master JTFer
Re: Two-thirds of Aussies back stolen generations apology (that idiots)
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2008, 04:30:41 AM »
What's wrong with that apology??????????????????????????
I have bever harmed any Jew, but I feel guilty when I see a Yellow star of David (That Jews were forced to wear by Nazis). I am a Gentile, and Gentiles did it!

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2008, 04:38:36 AM »
The problem is Raul that its like saying to a mass murder, we are sorry we locked you up and caught you. We should of allowed you to kill more people.

And that basically is what the Australian government did. They saved those children from an early death, life range for abbos then was just 0-45 years old, because the killed each other off, and child death rate was nearly 80%.

This is why the government stepped in to try and correct this from happening. Problem was they did a to good of job and the children survived with a clean bill of health  ::)

They government saved the abbo race and now they have to say sorry to them, for keeping them alive.

There was no crime committed, yet the abbos want money now, because they were not left to rot in their own dirt.

The problem with White Culture is we are too caring, too human, and too naive.

Offline Raulmarrio2000

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2008, 04:47:33 AM »
I don't know what the situation was in Australia. Here, in Argentina, there were indded crimes against natives. Even now, they are stolen and evicted from their lands. Even if they helped natives, are you sure no abuse was done????

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2008, 05:11:52 AM »
Yes I am sure no abuse was done.

I am waiting for them to say sorry to us, for killing whites in the outback and calling it tribal law.

Even today they do it, thousands of people each year go missing and are killed in the outback.

Offline Paladin

• New JTFer
  • Absolute Monarchist
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2008, 02:07:09 AM »
Spot on Skippy.  Lefties are always complaining about the living conditions of aboriginals.  How is it our fault that they [censored] up their own houses and pull the floorboards out for firewood?  Why should we keep providing more housing for them when they will destroy it?  I know what I am talking about too.  I have lived in the outback and seen what they are like.
'When all the world is overcharged with people the only remedy will be war, which provideth for everyman in victory or death' - Thomas Hobbes

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2008, 02:08:55 AM »
Spot on Skippy.  Lefties are always complaining about the living conditions of aboriginals.  How is it our fault that they excrement up their own houses and pull the floorboards out for firewood?  Why should we keep providing more housing for them when they will destroy it?  I know what I am talking about too.  I have lived in the outback and seen what they are like.

Glad to see you made it over  ^-^

Yes It is I Kiwi  :::D

Offline Paladin

• New JTFer
  • Absolute Monarchist
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2008, 02:38:58 AM »
Yes I made it.  I will see you around this forum. O0
'When all the world is overcharged with people the only remedy will be war, which provideth for everyman in victory or death' - Thomas Hobbes

newman

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2008, 03:37:59 AM »
Spot on Skippy.  Lefties are always complaining about the living conditions of aboriginals.  How is it our fault that they excrement up their own houses and pull the floorboards out for firewood?  Why should we keep providing more housing for them when they will destroy it?  I know what I am talking about too.  I have lived in the outback and seen what they are like.

Too true.

They gripe about the sorry state of abbo housing- broken windows, busted fittings, garbage everywhere. What they neglect to say is that THEY (the abbos) did all that. It's not like a bunch of kluckers go around trashing abbo housing! Sheeesh!!

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2008, 03:45:32 AM »
Yes My feeling are in my vid  8;)

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2008, 07:55:21 PM »

Offline Raulmarrio2000

• Master JTFer
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2008, 01:42:25 AM »
We have plenty of real problems in this Earth. Terrorism, ecological disasters, millions of square miles of natural forest destroyed in many countries, genetic engineering which is destroying Nature and changing ADN code in many species for ever, the danger of human cloning, pollution, hunger, wars, nations whose existence is in danger (like Israel), babies assasinated by abortion, and many other threats.
How can bigotry go so far as to worry about a Govt. apologising to Natives (even if you are convinced that it's not neccessary)???????
Better use your time to save the world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2008, 01:57:08 AM »
We have plenty of real problems in this Earth. Terrorism, ecological disasters, millions of square miles of natural forest destroyed in many countries, genetic engineering which is destroying Nature and changing ADN code in many species for ever, the danger of human cloning, pollution, hunger, wars, nations whose existence is in danger (like Israel), babies assasinated by abortion, and many other threats.
How can bigotry go so far as to worry about a Govt. apologising to Natives (even if you are convinced that it's not neccessary)???????
Better use your time to save the world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Raul this is important to Australia, may be not to you.

Offline Raulmarrio2000

• Master JTFer
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2008, 02:14:54 AM »
How can be a problem that a Govt. says "we are sorry", (even if there had been really no abuse)???????????
BTW, I think that much more than the Australian Govt. the one who really needs to apologise is you, for what you've written in your blog.

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2008, 02:38:20 AM »
How can be a problem that a Govt. says "we are sorry", (even if there had been really no abuse)???????????
BTW, I think that much more than the Australian Govt. the one who really needs to apologise is you, for what you've written in your blog.

Aww did I up set you now ... :'( :'( :'( :'(

Go play in Let-be-land because you really not going like my next vid then are you  ;)

newman

« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2008, 02:43:34 AM »
Our abbos have it ten times better than Raul's indians.

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2008, 02:45:23 AM »
Our abbos have it ten times better than Raul's indians.

Yes and I bet he is having a boo hoo about them too. Me thinks he needs to clean up his own backyard first  ;)

Offline Raulmarrio2000

• Master JTFer
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2008, 02:54:42 AM »
Of course natives in Argentina have been insidiously assasinated. I never said I defend what Spaniards and Argentinians did!!!!!!!!! I strongly condemn it!!!!!!!
But free hate is free hate, no matter what. Those videos propagate hate in the minds of some people. Hate is like poison, and then people take that poison into leadership when they vote or act in politics. Who wants a divided Mankind???????
« Last Edit: February 28, 2008, 02:58:00 AM by Raulmarrio2000 »

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2008, 02:57:21 AM »

You are very naive about the southern part of this world Raul.

Offline Raulmarrio2000

• Master JTFer
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2008, 03:09:35 AM »
I want a world where people work together for a better and happier place for everyone, guided by reason, logic and common sense, not by bitterness, hate, selfishness and pride. One person can't do much alone neither for the good nor for the worse. But remember that the world is made up of individuals, as the sea is made of little drops of water!!!!!!!!!

newman

« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2008, 03:28:50 AM »
I want a world where people work together for a better and happier place for everyone, guided by reason, logic and common sense, not by bitterness, hate, selfishness and pride. One person can't do much alone neither for the good nor for the worse. But remember that the world is made up of individuals, as the sea is made of little drops of water!!!!!!!!!

Well and good........in theory.

However, when some are unwilling or too stupid to 'work together' and only want to sit around and drink, they must be managed by their superiors.

Offline Raulmarrio2000

• Master JTFer
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2008, 03:53:53 AM »

However, when some are unwilling or too stupid to 'work together' and only want to sit around and drink, they must be managed by their superiors.

I find it even worse to work separately to spread hate. I prefer a bunch people spending all the day drinking beer than poisoning peoples' minds with bigotry.
In Argentina we still have people who defend the dictatorship, and others who defend the guerrillas. 30 years later!!!!!! We even have some who defend Rosas, a dictator of the 19th century. This bigotry takes the nation nowhere. They'd rather shut their mouth.
I don't know how is it now, but not long ago, children at school had to swear to die for the flag, at 9!!!!!!!! No education to live, the only patriotism seemed to be hate and war. We even see people who consider themselves nationalistic and have stickers of the Falkland Island in Argentine colours!!!!! They'd better give up that hate, and pay taxes properly, not cheating!!!!!!!!!! That's is what I'd like to change.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2008, 03:59:04 AM by Raulmarrio2000 »

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2008, 03:56:06 AM »

You know I can almost hear the violins playing.....

But fact remains theres more evil people in this world than good people, and we must protect our way of life and cultures.

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2008, 03:58:03 AM »

I find it even worse to work separately to spread hate. I prefer a bunch people spending all the day drinking beer than poisoning peoples' minds with bigotry.
In Argentina we still have people who defend the dictatorship, and others who defend the guerrillas. 30 years later!!!!!! We even have some who defend Rosas, a dictator of the 19th century. This bigotry takes the nation nowhere. They'd rather shut their mouth.
I don't know how is it now, but nor long ago, children at school had to swear to die for the flag, at 9!!!!!!!! No education to live, the only patriotism seemed to be hate and war. We even see people who consider themselves nationalistic and have stickers of the Falkland Island in Argentine colours!!!!! They'd better give up that hate, and pay taxes properly, not cheating!!!!!!!!!! That's is what I'd like to change.

Australia and  Argentina are two different places, two ever different cultures. What are you doing to improve your home land? Oh don't answer that we all ready know  ::)

Offline Raulmarrio2000

• Master JTFer
« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2008, 04:06:38 AM »
Doing for my homeland? No, you don't know. In fact nothing more than voting in the elections and paying taxes correctly. I'm not a politician. But everyone must at least avoid spreading bigotry, if he can't actually spread peace and union!!!!! And it's valid for all cultures and places. We are all human beings, and hate has the same effect on everyone. It poisons minds and make people act by feelings (bad feelings) instead of reason.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2008, 04:14:10 AM by Raulmarrio2000 »