Author Topic: New study: Americans associate apes with blacks.  (Read 7130 times)

newman

New study: Americans associate apes with blacks.
« on: February 25, 2008, 01:27:12 AM »
A study by psychologists at Stanford, Pennsylvania State University and the University of California-Berkeley says that many Americans subconsciously associate blacks with apes.

In addition, the findings show that society is more likely to condone violence against black criminal suspects as a result of its broader inability to accept African Americans as fully human, according to the researchers.

Co-author Jennifer Eberhardt, a Stanford associate professor of psychology, said she was shocked by the results, particularly since they involved subjects born after Jim Crow and the civil rights movement. "This was actually some of the most depressing work I have done," she said. "This shook me up. You have suspicions when you do the work—intuitions—you have a hunch. But it was hard to prepare for how strong [the black-ape association] was—how we were able to pick it up every time."

http://www.topix.com/tech/2008/02/university-study-claims-americans-subconsciously-associate-black-people-with-apes

http://www.scientificblogging.com/news_releases/new_university_study_claims_americans_subconsciously_associate_black_people_with_apes

« Last Edit: February 25, 2008, 01:36:38 AM by newman »

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
Re: New study: Americans associate apes with blacks.
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2008, 01:30:33 AM »
Or maybe its the other way around.  By the way, some chimps are remarkably advanced.  I saw one that knew how to use sign language. 

3 cheers for Monkeys!!!

Offline Raulmarrio2000

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2008, 01:57:59 AM »
This is the kind of topic I can't stand up with. It really makes me sick reading such a thing in a site where the word ISRAEL is mentioned.
Why associating Jews or Judaism with such racist things? The 3 thousand years old suffering Jewish Nation has nothing to do with this nonsenses!!!!!!
Please, don't play Yidishkeit, it's not a game. Live Yiddishkeit, or leave it alone.
Find another game to play!!!!!
« Last Edit: February 25, 2008, 02:09:19 AM by Raulmarrio2000 »

newman

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2008, 02:00:30 AM »
This is the kind of topic I can't stand up with. It really makes me sick reading such a thing in a site where the word ISRAEL is mentioned.
Why associating Jews or Judaism with such racist things? The 3000 thousand years old suffering Jewish Nation has nothing to do with this nonsenses!!!!!!
Please, don't play Yidishkeit, it's not a game. Live Yiddishkeit, or leave it alone.

We are discussing important sociological, scientific research. :)

Boeregeneraal

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2008, 02:38:29 AM »
fantastic find newman!!!!

Subconciously we know what they really are...MOOOONKEEEYSSSSS!

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2008, 02:40:36 AM »
I think that's more of a pop culture thing. If you ask someone who wasn't exposed to Western media they probably would not associate blacks or any other race with apes.

There are significant racial differences, both cultural and biological, and I have to admit I've made and laughed at some "ape jokes" like Chaim's comment about Apehaskilledape's avatar looking like Obama. That cracked me up!  :::D  However, we have to remember that in reality, all humans are technically "apes" (we can even get gorilla blood as a blood transfusion), even though we're on a much higher spiritual level than such animals are. Blacks are human beings.

I'm a separatist, I don't believe that the races should live together in the same nation. I don't believe in multiculturalism. I believe in societies where each race can pursue their own goals and own destiny and live among their own kind. I'll continue to talk about racial separatism and the need for it, for the good of every people. However, that doesn't mean that any race is "inferior" in every way or that any race is "superior" in every way. All races have things they're better at than others and things they're worse at. I think God created all the races and wants all the races to have a place in this world where they can be happy. Mixing the races into the same socieities has caused the racial tensions.

Offline Raulmarrio2000

• Master JTFer
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2008, 02:51:53 AM »
Persoannly I'd like to preserve all races pure. However Torah has allowed them to mix if they want. A Gentile can marry anyother Gentile. And a Jew can marry any Jew, no matter if he is a convert from another race.
And we must also remember that very similar races are not the same race. An American Anglo is not the same as an American Irish. A Scott, a Welsh, and a Nothern Irish are very different from an Englishman, and they are all in the same Country (UK).

Offline JTFFan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2008, 02:56:15 AM »
Great find newman O0

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2008, 02:57:58 AM »
Different Europeans are all of the same race, but there are some broad categories of Europeans that get more specific than that, little sub-groups, like Northern Europeans, Alpine, and Southern Europeans. There are various sub-races of the sub-Saharan black African race as well, but they're all black Africans.

Obssessing on racial purity can get to a level where it's ridiculous beyond a few generations (although I would not consider someone who was 1/4 black to be white, someone who was 1/32 and self-identified as white would probably be white) and obssessing on sub-race purity gets ridiculous much more quickly.

I don't care so much about keeping every sub-race "pure" but I do think they should continue to exist if possible. I'm not upset by one white marrying another type of white though. My pride is that of a white person, and I'm proud of my European heritage. All areas of Europe and all groups of native white Europeans have created wonderful things and innovated wonderful things and they're all of the same basic race.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2008, 03:01:11 AM by Rubystars »

Offline Ehud

• Master JTFer
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2008, 04:22:03 AM »
Unlike this Stanford psychologist degenerate, this study shows that some Americans still have some common sense. 
"The Jews will eventually have to face up to what you're dealing with here.  The arabs will never love you for what good you've brought them.  They don't know how to really love.  But hate!  Oh, G-d, can they hate!  And they have a deep, deep, deep resentment because you have jolted them from their delusions of grandeur and shown them for what they are-a decadent, savage people controlled by a religion that has stripped them of all human ambition . . . except for the few cruel enough and arrogant enough to command them as one commands a mob of sheep.  You are dealing with a mad society and you'd better learn how to control it."

-Excerpt from The Haj by Leon Uris

newman

« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2008, 04:25:02 AM »
Unlike this Stanford psychologist degenerate, this study shows that some Americans still have some common sense. 
I hope the association plays a big part in November's election.  8;)

Offline Ambiorix

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • There is no "Istanbul"
    • Brussels Journal
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2008, 04:30:42 AM »
Different Europeans are all of the same race, but there are some broad categories of Europeans that get more specific than that, little sub-groups, like Northern Europeans, Alpine, and Southern Europeans. There are various sub-races of the sub-Saharan black African race as well, but they're all black Africans.

Obssessing on racial purity can get to a level where it's ridiculous beyond a few generations (although I would not consider someone who was 1/4 black to be white, someone who was 1/32 and self-identified as white would probably be white) and obssessing on sub-race purity gets ridiculous much more quickly.

I don't care so much about keeping every sub-race "pure" but I do think they should continue to exist if possible.
I'm not upset by one white marrying another type of white though. My pride is that of a white person, and I'm proud of my European heritage. All areas of Europe and all groups of native white Europeans have created wonderful things and innovated wonderful things and they're all of the same basic race.
I agree. let the Scandinavians be Scandinavians and the Spanish be Spanish.
Turkey must get out of NATO. NATO must get out of Kosovo-Serbia. Croats must get out of Crajina. All muslims must get out of Christian and Jewish land. Turks must get out of Cyprus. Turks must get out of "Istanbul". "Palestinians" must get out of Israel. Israel must become independent from USA.

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2008, 05:54:15 AM »
THIS STUDY IS AN INTOLERABLE INSULT TO THE INTELLIGENCE AND DIGNITY OF EVERY APE IN THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD!

THE STUDY I LIKE BEST IS THE ONE WHICH PROVED THAT WHITE PEOPLE CAN'T STAND THE THOUGHT OF GOING TO A BLACK DENTIST, BECAUSE THE THOUGHT OF HAVING BLACK FINGERS INSIDE THEIR MOUTHS MAKES THEM GAG AND VOMIT...APPARENTLY MOST WHITES INTERVIEWED CONSIDERED BLACK SKIN TO BE INNATELY "DIRTY".

THE MOST FRIGHTENING NEWS STORY WAS THE ONE WHERE THE VISITING SURGEON FROM KINSHASHA, ZAIRE, WAS ARRESTED WHILE PERFORMING A SIMPLE APPENDECTOMY ON A PATIENT, BECAUSE HE ATE THE APPENDIX AND THEN STARTED CUTTING OUT MORE LITTLE PIECES OF MEAT AND SKIN TO EAT FOR HIS DINNER!

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2008, 09:30:51 AM »
fantastic find newman!!!!

Subconciously we know what they really are...MOOOONKEEEYSSSSS!

No, they're not.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2008, 09:46:54 AM »
I hope the association plays a big part in November's election.  8;)

That would be nice if it keeps Obama out of office.

Offline Vito

• Master JTFer
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2008, 12:01:05 PM »
Why associating Jews or Judaism with such racist things? The 3 thousand years old suffering Jewish Nation has nothing to do with this nonsenses!!!!!!

Raul, if you've lived with them your whole life, you would be singing a very different tune. Your ignorance is talking right now....

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2008, 12:30:29 PM »
Vito has a point. It's those of us who have had heavy exposure to blacks and others who know what they're like as a group and as a result want to live as far away from them as possible.

Not every individual is bad, but as social policy I think it would be best if all blacks lived with other blacks and all whites lived with other whites.

I like that quote about the 95% making the 5% look bad, because it's just so darn true.

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2008, 12:59:42 PM »

Raul, if you've lived with them your whole life, you would be singing a very different tune. Your ignorance is talking right now....

Aligning the Jewish cause with Black nationalism in the 50's and 60's was the worst move ever for Judaism.  It turned off many white gentiles, and it didnt help one itty bit in bridging the gap between Blacks and Jews.

We need to use this opportunity to show the world that we no longer espouse this.  That Judaism is not the friend of the black nationalist.  That black nationalists are anti-semitic to the core, and key to this is to NOT apologize for white racism against blacks.

Brian

Offline EagleEye

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2008, 01:16:08 PM »
This is funny how they actually made a study about it, but I am not surprised.

Offline Raulmarrio2000

• Master JTFer
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2008, 01:46:36 PM »

Aligning the Jewish cause with Black nationalism in the 50's and 60's was the worst move ever for Judaism.  It turned off many white gentiles, and it didnt help one itty bit in bridging the gap between Blacks and Jews.

We need to use this opportunity to show the world that we no longer espouse this.  That Judaism is not the friend of the black nationalist.  That black nationalists are anti-semitic to the core, and key to this is to NOT apologize for white racism against blacks.

Brian

Whatever a group of persons try to do for a better world will have anavoidable side effects. They'll be praised for the good achievements and pehaps criticised for the mistakes. And they shall share both the praises abd the criticisms, providing they're all Gentiles. But if some of them are Jewish, then the prize is for Gentiles and the blame on all Jews!!! So better keep away from that, don't side with Blacks, and don't fight them.

Offline EagleEye

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2008, 02:00:17 PM »
I agree with the quoted comment.  The black-jewish alliance was extremely stupid and angered many sensible people who were not anti-semitic.  Being anti-semitic is being prejudiced against Jews.  Pointing out the lack of wisdom within the Jewish community regarding race relations is not anti-semitic.  In fact, it's almost like a cartoon, how Jews went so far to help blacks, and blacks just viewed the altruism as phony.

Offline Masha

• Master JTFer
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2008, 02:00:37 PM »
Tasmanian aboriginal:

Insofar as we can detect intelligence from the expression of one's eyes, there is definitely a sense that one is facing a less intelligent creature that Europeans, Asians, and Jews.

« Last Edit: February 25, 2008, 02:02:27 PM by Masha »

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2008, 02:02:43 PM »
Tasmanian aboriginal:

They are a little bit of a different group from the rest of humanity as evidenced by their skeletal features, but would still be considered to be Homo sapiens.

I do think that Tasmanians though were more primitive than other modern humans somehow, even though they had more modern features. They didn't even have fire, and even Homo erectus had fire.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2008, 02:05:20 PM by Rubystars »

Offline Masha

• Master JTFer
« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2008, 02:05:15 PM »
Tasmanian aboriginal:

They are a little bit of a different group from the rest of humanity as evidenced by their skeletal features, but would still be considered to be Homo sapiens.

They sure are Homo Sapiens. But the associations with simians are understandable.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2008, 02:05:57 PM »
They sure are Homo Sapiens. But the associations with simians are understandable.

Yes, I can see what you're talking about.