Author Topic: Righteous Gentile  (Read 1327 times)

Offline IslamIsCancer

• Master JTFer
  • My name is Stalinashvili.
Righteous Gentile
« on: February 25, 2008, 10:02:45 AM »
Righteous Gentile: term used to identify people who helped Jews during the Holocaust (WWII)

I wasn't born back then but if I had been I would have saved Jewish lives, and now I'm pro Israel, am I righteous gentile or not?
Note: I don't believe in god.
Free Javakh!!!
I defecate on Stalin's grave.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: Righteous Gentile
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2008, 10:31:14 AM »
Righteous Gentile: term used to identify people who helped Jews during the Holocaust (WWII)

I wasn't born back then but if I had been I would have saved Jewish lives, and now I'm pro Israel, am I righteous gentile or not?
Note: I don't believe in G-d.

Why do you want to save Jewish lives and why are you pro Israel?  In particular why do you feel this way if you dont' believe in Gd? And if you dont' believe in Gd why did you write His name as such?

I'm not putting you on the spot or putting you down. I would like to know how you think.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Raulmarrio2000

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2008, 10:51:03 AM »
The title of "Righteous Gentiles" bestowed by the State of Israel only applies to people who saved Jews during the Holocaust. It's a secular title that could be given regardless of their beliefs. But you were not there!

Now, the term "Righteous Gentile" in Judaism applies to any person who keeps the Seven Noahide Laws. According to the Torah a non-Jew is not required to keep the Jewish Law. But he must keep that seven Laws.
One of these laws fordids to do idolatry and says a person must believe in and serve only the One true G-d. If you don't belive in Him, then I doubt the Hebrew term Chasid Umot HaOlam (translated to English as Righteous Gentile) would apply to you.

But speaking in English, are you a Gentile? Yes, of course, all non-Jews are Gentiles (others Nations). It's obvious that if you are not a Jew, you are from another nation, all persons belong to a Nation.
Do you consider yourself righteous? Are you a good person?
If so, the you can say that you are a righteous (Honest, good) Gentile. But not in the sense of the term "Righteous Gentile" as it is stated by the Torah.

Just for you to understand it better, in Christianity, for instance, you can be considered a good person, honest, loving, generous, but if you don't get baptized, you don't save your soul. (According to them)

In Judaism, you don't need to become a Jew to save your soul, keeping the Seven Noahide Laws is enough for someone who was not born a Jew. You can be a very good person, do good deeds, be honest, and Jews will be gratefull to you if you support them. But if you don't keep the Seven Laws, you don't save your soul.

« Last Edit: February 25, 2008, 10:54:32 AM by Raulmarrio2000 »

Offline IslamIsCancer

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2008, 10:53:58 AM »

Why do you want to save Jewish lives and why are you pro Israel?  In particular why do you feel this way if you dont' believe in Gd? And if you dont' believe in Gd why did you write His name as such?

I'm not putting you on the spot or putting you down. I would like to know how you think.

Can't one just like Jews without believing in miracles and ancient myths? I feel this way because wherever you Jews go you make that place a prosperous paradise, Israel used to be a desert now it's a better place to live than most European countries (terrorism aside).
I support Israel because she's at war with Muslims, the whole Islamic world hates Jews well if we are to fight Islam we might as well start from protecting Israel. I have watched Rabbi Kahane's videos, I agree with him like 90%, at the end of the day there's going to be Muslims VS everybody not just Israel. You think god is going to help you, well where was god during the Holocaust? Where was god during the war against Serb people? Where was god in 1915 Armenia? Where was god in Sudan, BTW Muslims are doing things in Sudan that even animals are not capable of? So given this, why should I trust god? The fact is that Christianity teaches people to turn the other cheek and LOVE THE ENEMY and muslims capitalize on this weakness, well, I HATE MY ENEMY, don't you??? I want to kill my enemy don't you? So much for obeying the ten commandments.
Coming back to your question, I'd he perfectly happy living in a country run by Jews, and as a matter of fact I'd like Chaim to rule some of the most powerful countries in the world because it's a matter of life and death now, remember being an atheist doesn't mean being an idiot who doesn't know what's going on.
Free Javakh!!!

Offline IslamIsCancer

• Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2008, 10:56:45 AM »
Raulmarrio2000, thanks for the lucid explanation.
Free Javakh!!!

Offline Raulmarrio2000

• Master JTFer
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2008, 11:11:23 AM »
The Ten Commandments only apply to Jews, not to you. You only have to keep the Noahide Laws according to Judaism. (Though they are similar). But neither the Ten Commandements, nor the Noahide Laws tell to turn the other cheek!
Torah tells not to MURDER, it does not forbid to defend yourself, or even kill in self-defense.

And, yes, you can support Israel and not believe in G-d. If Arabs attack India, I'd support India, and I don't believe in Hinduism!!!! In fact, any honest person must support Israel, just as they would support anyother country which is attacked with no reason. You don't need to believe in a nations' religion to support their right to exist and live in peace.

But if you want to know what Torah says about saving your soul.... it says that you must believe in the One true G-d and obey Him

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2008, 11:30:41 AM »

Can't one just like Jews without believing in miracles and ancient myths? I feel this way because wherever you Jews go you make that place a prosperous paradise, Israel used to be a desert now it's a better place to live than most European countries (terrorism aside).
I support Israel because she's at war with Muslims, the whole Islamic world hates Jews well if we are to fight Islam we might as well start from protecting Israel. I have watched Rabbi Kahane's videos, I agree with him like 90%, at the end of the day there's going to be Muslims VS everybody not just Israel. You think G-d is going to help you, well where was G-d during the Holocaust? Where was G-d during the war against Serb people? Where was G-d in 1915 Armenia? Where was G-d in Sudan, BTW Muslims are doing things in Sudan that even animals are not capable of? So given this, why should I trust G-d? The fact is that Christianity teaches people to turn the other cheek and LOVE THE ENEMY and muslims capitalize on this weakness, well, I HATE MY ENEMY, don't you??? I want to kill my enemy don't you? So much for obeying the ten commandments.
Coming back to your question, I'd he perfectly happy living in a country run by Jews, and as a matter of fact I'd like Chaim to rule some of the most powerful countries in the world because it's a matter of life and death now, remember being an atheist doesn't mean being an idiot who doesn't know what's going on.

I like your answers, but I have more questions:

You like Jews because of practical reasons.  I like what you answered.  But what if Jews were doing the opposite? They lost their touch?  Would you hate Jews?  Would you rebuke those Jews?  Do you like Jews only because of what they have done for you?  What if they stop doing it for you?

As far as Gd helping us, I'm in the camp that prayer alone is not enough in saving us.  We should be smart and think and do the right thing the right way and be wise etc etc. We should also pray for Gd's help...Here is an example. You have an ill member of the family.  In my opinion, the smart thing to do is to call a good doctor.  We hope that the doctor is doing his job and that this family member is healing.  However, I will add a prayer for a speedy recovery just to give it a little push.  If this person doesn't recover, it's not because my prayers were ignored.  The death of a loved one might not be a punishment. I can't think why Gd does and doesn't do.  Is it because of His lack of existance? I think it pronounces His existence.  The problem that we have today by many religious people is that they claim Gd is on their side.  So when something goes their way, they say, "oh see?"  And when something goes against their enemies like with a hurricane, they say, "oh see? they were evil and Gd punished them with a hurricane and flood."  And there you are stuck in the middle thinking, "WTF? Does Gd exist at all?"  I say yes, but I don't know how He exists. I say yes, but does that mean I have to rely on miracles? I don't.  But I can do what I have to do and add a prayer of hope that Gd gives some help. 

Once again, I'm not trying to put you on the spot. I like you already.  I'm not trying to missionize you to believe in Gd...YOu can only find your way i knowing what He means to you as you live your life and know history.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline IslamIsCancer

• Master JTFer
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2008, 11:43:25 AM »

I support Israel because she's at war with Muslims, the whole Islamic world hates Jews well if we are to fight Islam we might as well start from protecting Israel. I have watched Rabbi Kahane's videos, I agree with him like 90%, at the end of the day there's going to be Muslims VS everybody not just Israel. You think G-d is going to help you, well where was G-d during the Holocaust? Where was G-d during the war against Serb people? Where was G-d in 1915 Armenia? Where was G-d in Sudan, BTW Muslims are doing things in Sudan that even animals are not capable of? So given this, why should I trust G-d? The fact is that Christianity teaches people to turn the other cheek and LOVE THE ENEMY and muslims capitalize on this weakness, well, I HATE MY ENEMY, don't you??? I want to kill my enemy don't you? So much for obeying the ten commandments.

I like your answers, but I have more questions:

You like Jews because of practical reasons.  I like what you answered.  But what if Jews were doing the opposite? They lost their touch?  Would you hate Jews?  Would you rebuke those Jews?  Do you like Jews only because of what they have done for you?  What if they stop doing it for you?

As far as Gd helping us, I'm in the camp that prayer alone is not enough in saving us.  We should be smart and think and do the right thing the right way and be wise etc etc. We should also pray for Gd's help...Here is an example. You have an ill member of the family.  In my opinion, the smart thing to do is to call a good doctor.  We hope that the doctor is doing his job and that this family member is healing.  However, I will add a prayer for a speedy recovery just to give it a little push.  If this person doesn't recover, it's not because my prayers were ignored.  The death of a loved one might not be a punishment. I can't think why Gd does and doesn't do.  Is it because of His lack of existance? I think it pronounces His existence.  The problem that we have today by many religious people is that they claim Gd is on their side.  So when something goes their way, they say, "oh see?"  And when something goes against their enemies like with a hurricane, they say, "oh see? they were evil and Gd punished them with a hurricane and flood."  And there you are stuck in the middle thinking, "WTF? Does Gd exist at all?"  I say yes, but I don't know how He exists. I say yes, but does that mean I have to rely on miracles? I don't.  But I can do what I have to do and add a prayer of hope that Gd gives some help. 

Once again, I'm not trying to put you on the spot. I like you already.  I'm not trying to missionize you to believe in Gd...YOu can only find your way i knowing what He means to you as you live your life and know history.

There's only one thing that Jews can do to make me hate them, and that thing is converting to Islam. As long as you're not one of them I won't hate you and I hope that you win this war despite your numbers, they outnumber you 1000 to 1 but you must not give up. So the answer to your question is an emphatic no.

I won't get into the god debate because I don't want to offend people here, and I have already been banned once for opposing creationism here, so no god debate.
Free Javakh!!!