Author Topic: Dhimmi vatican condems danish cartoons  (Read 2121 times)

Offline ASHISH

• Pro JTFer
Dhimmi vatican condems danish cartoons
« on: February 26, 2008, 06:47:32 PM »
CAIRO — The Vatican joined Al-Azhar, the highest seat of learning in the Sunni world, on Tuesday, February 26, in condemning the reprinting of a controversial cartoon of prophet Muhammad (piss and curse ;D be upon him) in Denmark.
"Both sides vehemently denounce the reprinting of the offensive cartoon and the attack on Islam and its prophet," officials from both religious bodies said in a statement seen by IslamOnline.net.

Concluding a two-day meeting of their joint interfaith committee in Cairo, the two sides also denounced any insult to any religion.

Seventeen Danish newspapers reprinted on Wednesday, February 13, a drawing of a man described as Prophet Muhammad with a ticking bomb in his turban.

The move came following the arrest of two Tunisians and a Dane of Moroccan origin for allegedly plotting to kill the cartoonist who had drew the caricature in 2005.

"We call for the respect of faiths, religious holy books and religious symbols," read the statement.

The two sides urged Muslim and Christian religious leaders, intellectuals and educators to instill such respect in society.

"Freedom of expression should not become a pretext to insult religions and defaming religious sanctities."

Dialogue

The Vatican delegation was chaired by Cardinal Jean-Louis Tauran, the head of the Vatican's Pontifical Council for Inter-religious Dialogue.

The two-day meeting is the first between the two religious bodies in two years.

Sheikh Abdel Fatah Allam, deputy head of Al-Azhar and chairman of the dialogue committee, said the resumption came at the request of the Vatican.

"Last year they invited a delegation from Al-Azhar to visit the Vatican and activate dialogue based on a 1998 agreement," he told IOL.

http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/Satellite?c=Article_C&cid=1203757447216&pagename=Zone-English-News/NWELayout

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
Re: Dhimmi vatican condems danish cartoons
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2008, 07:30:57 PM »
I'm glad I'm non-denominational. That way I don't have to be associated with any denomination when they do wacky things.

Offline Raulmarrio2000

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2008, 09:12:29 PM »
But the Vatican is right. According to Catholics it's a sin to make fun of or humiliate people just to enjoy oneself. This anti-religious newspapers would do it with anyother symbol including Jewish and Christian ones.
One thing is to insult someone or even his religion being furious at some evil they have done to us, and another very different thing is to enjoy making fun of others.
Now, I'd just want to know if they would also side with Jews in case Judaism is offended. But I think they would.
The only problem with the Vatican is their external policy. They still haven't recognised Jerusalem. They forget Catholics were banned from Jerusalem under Arab rule. It was Israel who gave them accses to their sites!!!!!
« Last Edit: February 27, 2008, 01:36:57 AM by Raulmarrio2000 »

Offline ASHISH

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2008, 11:23:29 PM »
But the Vatican is right. According to Catholics it's a sin to make fun of or humiliate people just to enjoy oneself. This abti-religious newspapers would it with anuother symbol ibcluding Jewish and Christian ones.
One thing is to insult someone or even his religion being furious at some evil they have done to us, and another very different thing is to enjoy making fun of others.
Now, I'd just wabt to know if they would also side with Jews in case Judaism is offended. But I think they would.
The only problem with the Vatican is their external policy. They still haven't recognised Jerusalem. They forget Catholics were bannedd from Jerusalem under Arab rule. It was Israel who gave them accses to their sites!!!!!

Raul you are forgetting that islam is not a religion it is a disease that makes people braindead and encourages them to kill kufars i had seen a video in which a saudi man was saying that he will marry 10 to 20 wives because of we have refrigirators now now where is the logic there.The gnp of all the muslim nations here is less than denmark.Islam makes people worthless

Offline ASHISH

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2008, 11:30:37 PM »
All the kufars want to live peacefully weather they are hindus,sikhs,jews christians and buddhist or even atheist   we want to achieve something in life and to give something to the society we just dont sit there thinking about heaven and 72 boys so  vatican should see what it is defending and i will even say that it is possible that quran may be a book of satan or devil it is possible seeing the behaviour of muslims

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
  • No Appeasement.or Concessions.Fakestine is a Hoax.
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2008, 11:46:06 PM »

Where is the condemnation of  Hamas'  Bunny preaching hatred to children towards Denmark,   Israel,  and the U.S????
"Israel's leaders seem to be more afraid of Obama than they are of G-d. Now we're getting to the real root of the problem. Secular politics won't save Israel. Denying the divine nature of the Jewish State has brought Israel neither stability nor peace. When that changes Israel will finally be blessed with both in abundance"-----------NormanF   ( Posted on Israel Matzav's Blog )

http://jtf.org/

newman

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2008, 03:32:42 AM »

Where is the condemnation of  Hamas'  Bunny preaching hatred to children towards Denmark,   Israel,  and the U.S????

Good question.

The answer is "the vatican is morally vaccuous at best and evil at worst". The vatican should be napalmed.