Author Topic: Let's replace "schvartza" with "negra".  (Read 5486 times)

newman

Let's replace "schvartza" with "negra".
« on: February 28, 2008, 06:40:58 AM »
Our dear, ol' Argentine buddy Raulmarrio is concerned that use of the yiddish word 'schvartza' will lable Jews as racist.

OK, let's replace it with "negra" so the argentines and other hispanics will get the blame. O0

Boeregeneraal

Re: Let's replace "schvartza" with "negra".
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2008, 07:23:29 AM »
how about we replace "shvartzva" with [censored] !  :D

newman

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2008, 07:32:11 AM »
how about we replace "shvartzva" with [censored] !  :D
Behave. :::D :::D

Offline Tina Greco - Melbourne

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2008, 07:36:48 AM »
I still like coon  ;)

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2008, 07:46:03 AM »
Our dear, ol' Argentine buddy Raulmarrio is concerned that use of the yiddish word 'schvartza' will lable Jews as racist.

OK, let's replace it with "negra" so the argentines and other hispanics will get the blame. O0
Nigra
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Raulmarrio2000

• Master JTFer
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2008, 08:01:21 AM »
The Spanish word for Black (both color and people) is "Negro" (Masculine singular) "Negra" (F/S) ("Negros" and "Negras" in plural). It's generally not used as a slur when reffering to real African People, but sometimes IS a slur aimed at darker skinned white people here (not in the media, since it's illegal).
As I said before, any word written in a different language than the rest of the text sounds as a slur, no matter what.
I oppose all sorts of slurs and racism and don't endorse it, but if you want to use Spanish I don't mind. There is not such a thing as anti-Hispanism in the world. Nobody will say Spanish speaking people are all racist.
But disgracefully there is something called anti-Semitism, and those anti-Semites are eager to quote anything they find on the web against the Jews and the Yiddish speaking martyrs.
So, I'd like you not be or look like racist, but if you will do so, then better in Spanish, and not in Yiddish

newman

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2008, 08:14:21 AM »
Too late, Raul.

All your posts about wanting to stop using 'schvartza' have kicked in.

Now we use 'negra'.

We'll also put a disclaimer that the word is used by the 'residents' of 'Bugger-me-Land'.

Offline Raulmarrio2000

• Master JTFer
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2008, 08:25:28 AM »
"Negra" has no meaning in Spanish, except as an adjective in feminin, but use whatever you want... you'd only sound like people learning Spanish, and certainly not very good students. LOL

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2008, 10:34:52 AM »
That's how my grandma from Virginia pronounced the N word sometimes. She wasn't speaking Spanish either. Sometimes she enunciated more clearly and said the R sound at the end though.

I thought it might be good to let you guys know that.

Personally I think it might be better just to say "black" or "Negro" as neither are slurs. Unless of course we're talking about someone like the boyfriend who killed his girlfriend. Then all bets are off.

Just Erica

« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2008, 10:51:30 AM »
That's how my grandma from Virginia pronounced the N word sometimes. She wasn't speaking Spanish either. Sometimes she enunciated more clearly and said the R sound at the end though.

I thought it might be good to let you guys know that.

Personally I think it might be better just to say "black" or "Negro" as neither are slurs. Unless of course we're talking about someone like the boyfriend who killed his girlfriend. Then all bets are off.
I wouldn't mind being called 'black' or 'negro' because they really don't have a negative connotation. *And I wish that the jury had had Bobby Cutts sentenced to death by whichever way he killed his girlfriend. Life in prison just isn't enough for me.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2008, 10:59:22 AM »
I wouldn't mind being called 'black' or 'negro' because they really don't have a negative connotation.

Thanks for the input!

And I wish that the jury had had Bobby Cutts sentenced to death by whichever way he killed his girlfriend. Life in prison just isn't enough for me.

I agree.

Offline Scriabin

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2008, 11:20:00 AM »
Either [censored]-ra, negro, n;gger, coon, spear-chucker, schwartze, spook, cotton-picker or baboon.

Offline Scriabin

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2008, 11:21:35 AM »
Why don't we changer the word 'NI66ER' to 'SPOOK'.

Just Erica

« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2008, 11:22:01 AM »
Either [censored]-ra, negro, n;gger, coon, spear-chucker, schwartze, spook, cotton-picker or baboon.
Those are all KKK references to blacks, Scriabin.

Just Erica

« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2008, 11:24:08 AM »
Why don't we changer the word 'NI66ER' to 'SPOOK'.
Woud you like to be called a Jewish stereotypical name? I mean, you constantly talk about how Al Sharpton is anti-simetic and used [censored] words to describe Jews. Would you like to be called those names?

Offline Scriabin

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2008, 11:28:11 AM »

I was joking.

I prefer to call blacks 'African Americans', 'the priviliged class', 'the opressed', etc.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2008, 11:32:41 AM »
I think Erica did bring up one good point though. Now I know that people on this forum including Chaim himself, have used the "K" word before, but I'm sure that most Jews on the forum wouldn't appreciate it if Gentiles were to constantly go around using it against them, especially if they hadn't personally done anything to deserve the term.

Just Erica

« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2008, 11:41:00 AM »

I was joking.

I prefer to call blacks 'African Americans', 'the priviliged class', 'the opressed', etc.
Why are you so passive, Scriabin? You use words like "the priviliged class" and "the opressed" to describe even blacks you don't know. This is going to come out all wrong but if I don't say it (or type it), I'm going to wish I did.

Some of you are hell bent on bashing Al Sharpton, Louis Farrakhan, and other anti-semites for disrespecting Judaism; and you have every right to. But what makes it okay for you to do it to other races or religions? If disrespecting Jews pisses you off so much, why do you disrespect races of other people by calling them derrogatory names?

Offline Scriabin

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2008, 11:52:02 AM »

I was joking.

Why are you so passive, Scriabin? You use words like "the priviliged class" and "the opressed" to describe even blacks you don't know. This is going to come out all wrong but if I don't say it (or type it), I'm going to wish I did.

Some of you are hell bent on bashing Al Sharpton, Louis Farrakhan, and other anti-semites for disrespecting Judaism; and you have every right to. But what makes it okay for you to do it to other races or religions? If disrespecting Jews pisses you off so much, why do you disrespect races of other people by calling them derrogatory names?

Look at the context of what I wrote.  I wasn't speaking directly to you.  I didn't say, "Erica, you're a stupid nlgger." 

I was responding to this thread, as a joke. 

Offline Vito

• Master JTFer
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2008, 11:59:05 AM »

Moon cricket, lawn cricket, shvartza, old man rivers, sgt. rivers, the Jeffersons, eraser heads, the dark people..

My friend made this one up: The "customers"

I made this one up: may catchers (mayo+ketchup  :::D )

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2008, 12:00:34 PM »
The Spanish word for Black (both color and people) is "Negro" (Masculine singular) "Negra" (F/S) ("Negros" and "Negras" in plural). It's generally not used as a slur when reffering to real African People, but sometimes IS a slur aimed at darker skinned white people here (not in the media, since it's illegal).
As I said before, any word written in a different language than the rest of the text sounds as a slur, no matter what.
I oppose all sorts of slurs and racism and don't endorse it, but if you want to use Spanish I don't mind. There is not such a thing as anti-Hispanism in the world. Nobody will say Spanish speaking people are all racist.
But disgracefully there is something called anti-Semitism, and those anti-Semites are eager to quote anything they find on the web against the Jews and the Yiddish speaking martyrs.
So, I'd like you not be or look like racist, but if you will do so, then better in Spanish, and not in Yiddish

There are 3 different people who are anti-semites.  1) Muslims 2) Black Nationalists 3) Nazis 
I could care less what all three of them think.  All I care about is to make sure the other 90% of America doesn't abandon us, and becoming pro-black will definitely cause them to abandon us.

Brian

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2008, 12:03:28 PM »

Moon cricket, lawn cricket, shvartza, old man rivers, sgt. rivers, the Jeffersons, eraser heads, the dark people..

May catchers? Mayo+ketchup?, Is that a N.Y. thing?

Maybe we should make this into a separate thread. 

Offline Vito

• Master JTFer
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2008, 12:16:12 PM »

They always mix mayo and ketchup in their fries, so they might as well have a name for their actions...

Just Erica

« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2008, 12:35:02 PM »

They always mix mayo and ketchup in their fries, so they might as well have a name for their actions...
Who is "they", Vito?

Offline Tina Greco - Melbourne

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2008, 04:52:21 PM »

If you mix mayo and ketchup here you get Thousand Island dressing, used on seafood.