Author Topic: Moses was high on drugs: Israeli researcher says  (Read 2891 times)

Offline Dan

• Ultimate JTFer
Moses was high on drugs: Israeli researcher says
« on: March 04, 2008, 12:12:21 PM »
High on Mount Sinai, Moses was on psychedelic drugs when he heard God deliver the Ten Commandments, an Israeli researcher claimed in a study published this week.
Such mind-altering substances formed an integral part of the religious rites of Israelites in biblical times, Benny Shanon, a professor of cognitive psychology at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem wrote in the Time and Mind journal of philosophy.

"As far Moses on Mount Sinai is concerned, it was either a supernatural cosmic event, which I don't believe, or a legend, which I don't believe either, or finally, and this is very probable, an event that joined Moses and the people of Israel under the effect of narcotics," Shanon told Israeli public radio on Tuesday.

Moses was probably also on drugs when he saw the "burning bush," suggested Shanon, who said he himself has dabbled with such substances.

"The Bible says people see sounds, and that is a clasic phenomenon," he said citing the example of religious ceremonies in the Amazon in which drugs are used that induce people to "see music."

He mentioned his own experience when he used ayahuasca, a powerful psychotropic plant, during a religious ceremony in Brazil's Amazon forest in 1991. "I experienced visions that had spiritual-religious connotations," Shanon said.

He said the psychedelic effects of ayahuasca were comparable to those produced by concoctions based on bark of the acacia tree, that is frequently mentioned in the Bible.

Offline Vito

• Master JTFer
Re: Moses was high on drugs: Israeli researcher says
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2008, 12:20:22 PM »
Ah, so because of what he experienced in Brazil, that's what happened to Moses? Well, the difference between an Amazonian tribe and the Jews is... wait, do I have to continue?  ;D

Offline Dan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2008, 12:46:58 PM »
I can't believe they have such vermin around in Israel... he should be fed to the lions!

Offline nikmatdam

• Pro JTFer
  • one of my earliest rebbeim/rav nachman bulman zt"l
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2008, 12:54:55 PM »
yeah...? well this jerk can go straight to hell for all i care... do not pass go... do not collect 200... filthy blasphemer!!!! nik.
"i am nikmatdam... humble and imperfect servant of Hashem... and i yearn for redemption but i absolutely ache for Divine justice and vengeance..."

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2008, 01:06:23 PM »
This complete "fraud" of an academician uses the exact same ploy as the Homosexual Lobby; constructing a totally false argument to dupe those with lesser educations and lesser ability to reason for themselves.

Example:  The Queers always claim in speech and in writing that "Everybody is a homosexual"..."the ones that are not homo and who do not believe that declaration, are in fact proving the truth of that statement, because were they "aware" and "self actualized" they would immediately realize that they, along with everyone in the world, have been "gay" all along! The only difference being that they're not smart enough to actually "practice" being "gay".

This Israeli traitor Kike fraud, obviously an atheist Jew-hater, boasts of having taken psychedelic drugs.  Like the homosexuals, he can only justify his use of them while living and working in Israel, by proclaiming (with not even a shred of evidence,) that "ALL ancient Israelites were using psychedelic drugs all the time, so it's only logical that Moses was on some good dope and hallucinated the entire Torah".  Notice that KIKE DREK leaves no room for any other opposing views...Won't break out his Torah & point out all the evidence of hallucinogenic drug usage by Moses & the Israelites, because he knows full well that no such evidence exists.  He just states his own warped and mendacious opinions, uses his academic degree as a rebuff to all dissenting views ("of course you would believe that, because you're not as smart as me.") and full well intends to earn a quite sizeable paycheck over the next year when the most vile Leftists maniacs in the West give him $50,000.00/nite + all expenses paid, to make speeches at "seminars" and "retreats" held by universities and self-hating KIKE groups like 'Peace Now' who must have Judeao-Christianity debunked in order for them to justify support both for PLO Nazis as well as their Anti-Zionism tirades.

I hope someone on the forum is keeping these traitors' names on a list for future JTF "projects".

Offline Ulli

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2008, 01:22:40 PM »
Oh, what for a foul.

Here is the wiki-article about this drug from Brasilia --> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ayahuasca

There is written, that its not only one plant, but two which must mixed and boiled for this Ayahuasca drug.

In fact it is true that some acacia spezies are psychoactive, but there are a lot of different acacia - species. Some are, some are not.

In addition to that I have never read about the religious using of psychoactive substances to reach higher spheres in Judaism.

I am shure that he has no proof for his theory. He had only invented it to become praised by the evil leftists. >:(
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline abdithefaithful

• Full JTFer
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2008, 01:33:31 PM »
Can we develop a "class action" slander law suit against this so-called "researcher" on Moses' behalf?
If you don't like The Great Chaim, then you sure as heck wouldn't like me!

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2008, 01:42:37 PM »
I've heard the same argument used for other Biblical figures. It's really sad that people who have had no personal spiritual experiences have to try to concoct things to say that no one else could have, either.

Offline HiWarp

• Master JTFer
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2008, 01:52:38 PM »
Quote from: Rubystars link=topic=17646.msg#msg date=
I've heard the same argument used for other Biblical figures. It's really sad that people who have had no personal spiritual experiences have to try to concoct things to say that no one else could have, either.

Yes, it's a classic defense.  When you can't elevate yourself up to a standard that has been set by a great person, lower the great person to your level so you can feel good about yourself.
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny;
when the government fears the people, there is liberty.”
---Thomas Jefferson

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2008, 01:57:43 PM »
This leftists know no bounds, the evil in Israeli universities  is as bad as here in the U.S. They do this for acclaim from other leftists.
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2008, 02:31:37 PM »
I cant wait until the day that G-d gives the opportunity to finally get ride of this low-lives and other free-thinking garbage like him. All of their thinking and analysis is from the side of the Klippot, and they will be destroyed along with their universities and garbage system.
The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

‏119:139 צִמְּתַתְנִי קִנְאָתִי כִּישָׁכְחוּ דְבָרֶיךָ צָרָי
My zeal incenses me, for my adversaries have forgotten Your words.
‏119:141 צָעִיר אָנֹכִי וְנִבְזֶה פִּקֻּדֶיךָ, לֹא שָׁכָחְתִּי.
 I am young and despised; I have not forgotten Your precepts.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Please visit: (The Greatest lectures on Earth).
http://torahanytime.com/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Yossi_Mizrachi/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Zecharia_Wallerstein/

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2008, 02:38:30 PM »
Wait wait...hold on a second guys...

He is free to think what he wants..

The problem here is that he is WAY OFF!!!!

Those who want to believe him will be alone for the rest of their lives and no hope in anything.
Otherwise this psycho should be ignored until he starts getting too much attention.  Then we'll whip out Tzvi to prove him wrong.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Raulmarrio2000

• Master JTFer
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2008, 02:43:12 PM »
Just send him to Iran to say that the Koran was written under the influence of drugs!!!!!!

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2008, 02:44:02 PM »
Just send him to Iran to say that the Koran was written under the influence of drugs!!!!!!

;D ;D ;D ;D
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline nikmatdam

• Pro JTFer
  • one of my earliest rebbeim/rav nachman bulman zt"l
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2008, 06:03:38 PM »
this vile filth should have his books, papers etc. burned in public... what he said is totally unacceptable... way beyond the pale... and he should be pilloried (politically that is... can't be none too careful with all you spookies around here... and you know who you are)... he should be trashed and hounded out of any position of authority from now on... he is a satanic-jew of the first order and there will never be any forgetting what he said... nor any forgiving... nik. out...
"i am nikmatdam... humble and imperfect servant of Hashem... and i yearn for redemption but i absolutely ache for Divine justice and vengeance..."

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2008, 06:39:25 PM »
So if this is how he explains Moses' interactions with G-d, what was going on with the rest of the Israelites when they heard G-d speak from the mountain?  I suppose they got into a patch of strange mushrooms in the desert and went on a national drug trip?

This is no different than the nut-jobs on the Discovery Channel putting out that Ezekiel saw an alien spacecraft, and that explained his vision.  Oddly enough, people like this would be more credible if they just said that the events in the Torah didn't happen rather than saying they did happen but then making up the most ridiculous scenarios to explain them.

I know about this alien-Hesekiel issue. There is a whole alien cult about it. I have seen before a few weeks a book with a great plan of the Holy Temple in Jerusalem.

There was mentioned, that the sacrifice-animals where catering for the aliens ;D

Some of this freaks put on youtube videos, where they try to proof, that Jews are Aliens  :D

The Bible is much more    logical than this whole conspiracy hurly-burly.

I am really thinking about the issue, why people believing in really crazy stuff, instead of accepting the truth.
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline Dan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2008, 07:45:34 PM »

Where is the outrage from our people?!

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2008, 07:49:57 PM »
Benny Shanon (ys"vz) must be high on computer cleaner and antifreeze.  ::)

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2008, 08:00:27 PM »
this vile filth should have his books, papers etc. burned in public... what he said is totally unacceptable... way beyond the pale... and he should be pilloried (politically that is... can't be none too careful with all you spookies around here... and you know who you are)... he should be trashed and hounded out of any position of authority from now on... he is a satanic-jew of the first order and there will never be any forgetting what he said... nor any forgiving... nik. out...

best not to give him any attention until somebody else does...If a big deal is made about what he writes, it will be like The Passion of the Christ by Mel Gibson.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline yeshuadisciple

• Full JTFer
  • My crazy parrot
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2008, 08:23:12 PM »
Israel is run by fools.  Perhaps God allows this so He will get the glory in the end. 
And it shall come to pass in that day, that I will seek to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem.  And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn.
Zechariah 12:9-10

"Seventy weeks have been decreed for your people and your holy city, to finish the transgression, to make an end of sin, to make atonement for iniquity, to bring in everlasting righteousness, to seal up vision and prophecy and to anoint the most holy place.  "So you are to know and discern that from the issuing of a decree to restore and rebuild Jerusalem until Messiah the Prince there will be seven weeks and sixty-two weeks; it will be built again, with plaza and moat, even in times of distress.  "Then after the sixty-two weeks the Messiah will be cut off and have nothing, and the people of the prince who is to come will destroy the city and the sanctuary And its end will come with a flood; even to the end there will be war; desolations are determined.  "And he will make a firm covenant with the many for one week, but in the middle of the week he will put a stop to sacrifice and grain offering; and on the wing of abominations will come one who makes desolate, even until a complete destruction, one that is decreed, is poured out on the one who makes desolate."
Daniel 9:24-27

My lovely wife

Offline Eliezer Ben Avraham

• Master JTFer
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2008, 10:37:41 PM »
High on Mount Sinai, Moses was on psychedelic drugs when he heard G-d deliver the Ten Commandments, an Israeli researcher claimed in a study published this week.
Such mind-altering substances formed an integral part of the religious rites of Israelites in biblical times, Benny Shanon, a professor of cognitive psychology at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem wrote in the Time and Mind journal of philosophy.

"As far Moses on Mount Sinai is concerned, it was either a supernatural cosmic event, which I don't believe, or a legend, which I don't believe either, or finally, and this is very probable, an event that joined Moses and the people of Israel under the effect of narcotics," Shanon told Israeli public radio on Tuesday.

Moses was probably also on drugs when he saw the "burning bush," suggested Shanon, who said he himself has dabbled with such substances.

"The Bible says people see sounds, and that is a clasic phenomenon," he said citing the example of religious ceremonies in the Amazon in which drugs are used that induce people to "see music."

He mentioned his own experience when he used ayahuasca, a powerful psychotropic plant, during a religious ceremony in Brazil's Amazon forest in 1991. "I experienced visions that had spiritual-religious connotations," Shanon said.

He said the psychedelic effects of ayahuasca were comparable to those produced by concoctions based on bark of the acacia tree, that is frequently mentioned in the Bible.

This is ridiculous, particularly coming out of Israel.
It says in Shmuel 1 that (someone, i forgot who) thought Hanah was drunk when she prayed since she moved her lips without speaking and that is how we daven today. It is not of concern as to the perceptions we give to the outside world
KAHANE TZADAK!

Offline Jasmina

• Master JTFer
« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2008, 10:51:39 PM »
It's terrible when an Israeli says such non sense about one of the most prominent people in the Jewish history.
The whole system works because everyone is not mentally ill on the same day!!!!

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2008, 10:53:38 PM »
He must not have kept reading.  Someone should show this "researcher" the Torah.  You know, the part that says,
"For ask now regarding the early days that were before you, since the day that God created man upon the earth, and from one end of the heavens to the other end of the heavens, whether there was anything like this great thing, or was the likes of it heard?
Did ever a people hear God's voice speaking out of the midst of the fire as you have heard, and live?

Or has any god performed miracles to come and take him a nation from the midst of a[nother] nation, with trials, with signs, and with wonders, and with war and with a strong hand, and with an outstretched arm, and with great awesome deeds, as all that the Lord your God did for you in Egypt before your eyes?

You have been shown, in order to know that the Lord He is God; there is none else besides Him"

-Devarim (Deuteronomy) 4:32-35

This is the part that says how it was a unique collective revelation experience that no nation would ever experience again.  If it was just a run-of-the-mill drug high that anyone could get from some tree bark, then surely it would have happened again to many groups of people, millions of times.  The Torah itself lets us know that this person's theory is insane.  Some researcher.  Looks like he never even reviewed the text...

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2008, 10:57:30 PM »
Seems like he's trying to take something that was only possible from G-d and making it into something of man's doing.  Sounds like idol worship...