Poll

POLL:   Should Abortion be legal in any instance

Never, its murder.. end of story
2 (7.7%)
Only in cases of rape, Incest, severe genetic disease, mothers life in danger
11 (42.3%)
Only in the first trimester, and after that.. its should be a punishable crime
2 (7.7%)
The government has no right to interfere with a woman's decision to an abortion.
1 (3.8%)
Only if the mother's life is in danger. This is the Halachic position.
10 (38.5%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: POLL: Should Abortion be legal in any instance  (Read 4646 times)

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
POLL: Should Abortion be legal in any instance
« on: March 13, 2008, 12:43:32 PM »
Let me know if I need to edit my answers.

Offline kahaneloyalist

• Master JTFer
Re: POLL: Should Abortion be legal in any instance
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2008, 12:47:10 PM »
under Jewish law Abortion is forbidden except when the mothers life is in danger then it is a requirment
« Last Edit: March 13, 2008, 01:00:35 PM by kahaneloyalist »
"For it is through the mercy of fools that all Justice is lost"
Ramban

Offline דוד בן זאב אריה

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Kahane Was Right
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2008, 12:48:38 PM »
Only when the Mother is in danger and Rape and Incest that is my view
David Ben Ze'ev Aryeh

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2008, 01:02:37 PM »
It's somethign medical doctors need to seriously get together and discuss ethically with the help of spiritual leaders and then a proper law should be passed for when it should be permissable and not permissable.  I only suggest this for gentile nations.

In Israel, only if the mother's life is danger. I just needs to be cleared up what mother's life in danger means.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2008, 02:00:16 PM »
I changed the 2nd option to add the part about mothers life in danger.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2008, 02:24:10 PM »
I only believe that it's justifiable when the mother's life is in danger. Any other reason is wrong.

Offline Ulli

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2008, 02:24:30 PM »
I know for shure, that it is forbidden for me (to have anything to do with it).

I will never say anything in order to justify it.

But I don't care a fig for what all the evil people *, but  in my country do. I am simply not intrested.

In anyway I don't want to have anything to do with them.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
* I mean not all people, but the leftists, Nazis and Muzzies
« Last Edit: March 14, 2008, 04:00:01 AM by Golden Pheasant »
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2008, 02:53:52 PM »
i wanted to clarify my opinion

The Jewish view of abortion should not be imposed on gentiles in gentile nations.  They need to decide what is right based on what prescirbed...Medical doctors, ethicists, and spiritual leaders need to get together and talk about it seriously in each instant and then laws shoudl be passed by the government.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2008, 03:58:38 PM »
Thanks for the clarification Dr. Dan.  :)

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2008, 04:16:37 PM »
Yacov thanks for adding the option because I couldn't vote for any of the options that were up there.

Edit: I wish it worked that way in real life elections, to where you could just add an option

Offline Raulmarrio2000

• Master JTFer
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2008, 06:24:39 PM »
Yaakov, the Noaahide Laws are Seven and their derivatives, not just abortion and homosexuality. What about adultery, idolatry, ever min hachai.........
And regarding abortion, only if the Mother's life is in danger. In no way for anyother reason, incest does not produce mamzerin among Gentiles, and being a Mamzer does not carry the death penalty, let alone infanticide. A child cannot be executed!!!!!

Offline Odie

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2008, 06:41:09 PM »
   The anti-semite mother of "Rev" Al Sharpton should have had an Abortion when she was Pregnant with Sharpton..l.
     Heck, Al Sharpton's mom should have thrown Sharpton into a Garbage can and left him to die

Offline Johnson Brown

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2008, 07:17:42 PM »
In the U.S. it should not only be legal but the government should pay for it.

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2008, 07:31:39 PM »
I know there are certain people we'd like to retro-actively abort.

newman

« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2008, 02:21:35 AM »
It should be legal if the mothers physical OR mental health is in danger AND in the case of rape or incest.

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2008, 03:00:15 AM »
It should be legal if the mothers physical OR mental health is in danger AND in the case of rape or incest.

Mental health?????   Lots of women experience mental problems when their hormones are out of whack from the pregnancy.

newman

« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2008, 03:10:49 AM »

Mental health?????   Lots of women experience mental problems when their hormones are out of whack from the pregnancy.

I'm talking more of a pack-raped teenager.

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2008, 03:17:37 AM »

I'm talking more of a pack-raped teenager.

oohhhhh...

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2008, 07:33:16 AM »
i wanted to clarify my opinion

The Jewish view of abortion should not be imposed on gentiles in gentile nations.  They need to decide what is right based on what prescribed...Medical doctors, ethicists, and spiritual leaders need to get together and talk about it seriously in each instant and then laws should be passed by the government.

It's worse for Gentiles nations to permit abortion. Abortion and homosexuality are the two sins that G-d will destroy a whole Gentile nation for permitting. G-d completely obliterated Sodom and Gomorrah for homosexuality. Ancient Greece and Rome fell for permitting homosexuality.

Just like you can't be loyal to any country without being Pro-Israel because G-d will curse a nation that goes against Israel, you also can't be loyal to a country without being against homosexuality and abortion.

Yaacov, can you place an exact quote from Talmud and/or Torah about Abortions (since it is the topic here) by gentile nations (specifically) leading to their demise?

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2008, 07:38:33 AM »
I prefer that the supreme court justices chosen shoudl be the types who are very sensitive towards the life of the innocent... (notice that this can have a double meaning)

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
  • No Appeasement.or Concessions.Fakestine is a Hoax.
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2008, 01:47:06 PM »
under Jewish law Abortion is forbidden except when the mothers life is in danger then it is a requirment

kahaneloyalist,  by no means am I doubting what you expressed regarding the Jewish  law exception to the rule.     This is something I was totally unaware of.    I'm interested to learn more about this.   If you or someone else can mention the specific passage in the Tanach or other book of Jewish law,   it would be appreciated. 

In the past,   I've been totally against abortion under any circumstance.    Believing strongly that life begins at  Conception.
"Israel's leaders seem to be more afraid of Obama than they are of G-d. Now we're getting to the real root of the problem. Secular politics won't save Israel. Denying the divine nature of the Jewish State has brought Israel neither stability nor peace. When that changes Israel will finally be blessed with both in abundance"-----------NormanF   ( Posted on Israel Matzav's Blog )

http://jtf.org/

Offline RationalThought110

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2008, 01:54:18 PM »
In the U.S. it should not only be legal but the government should pay for it.

Interesting.  Why do you think the government should pay for it?

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2008, 02:30:27 PM »

kahaneloyalist,  by no means am I doubting what you expressed regarding the Jewish  law exception to the rule.     This is something I was totally unaware of.    I'm interested to learn more about this.   If you or someone else can mention the specific passage in The Tanach or other book of Jewish law,   it would be appreciated. 

In the past,   I've been totally against abortion under any circumstance.    Believing strongly that life begins at  Conception.

IN the tanach, it is written (and i think somewhere in Leviticus...but not sure)

"If a pregnant woman is pushed and it causes a miscarriage, a fine is paid.  If, the pregnant woman dies, then it is life for life."

-note that there is a fine if a miscarriage takes place, but when the living mother is killed, it is capital punishment as is found with murder.  It is to imply that the status of life of a fetus is not equivalent to the mother.

-fellow jews, feel free to correct what i wrote.

Offline MasterWolf1

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2008, 02:35:06 PM »
Only in cases of rape, Incest, severe genetic disease, mothers life in danger
RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!

Sergio 11

« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2008, 02:52:52 PM »
I can't believe i was the only one who put:

"The government has no right to interfere with a woman's decision to an abortion"

once you start allowing the government to start making decisions on what people can say and do then inevitably you loose your rights to democracy....

even if all the religions of the world agreed that having abortions is wrong there should not be a prohibition just because it was written thousands of years ago... while some laws should never change i don't believe that abortions should be made illegal on any level

thats my two cents