Author Topic: Top Hareidi Rabbi Bans Arab Labor Following Merkaz HaRav Attack  (Read 4235 times)

Offline TorahZionist

• Pro JTFer
http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/125573

Top Hareidi Rabbi Bans Arab Labor Following Merkaz HaRav Attack

by Ezra HaLevi

(IsraelNN.com) Rabbi Chaim Kanievsky, considered a top Torah sage of the generation in the Hareidi-Religious community, issued a Jewish legal decision banning the employment of Arab workers by Jews according to the Yom Chadash daily.

The rabbi issued the decision at a meeting with several administrators of yeshivas in B’nei Brak. The administrators told the rabbi that they had under they employ an older Arab man who they do not suspect of any involvement in terrorism. The administrators decided, nonetheless to seek halachic (Jewish legal) guidance following reports that the terrorist who carried out the massacre at Jerusalem’s Merkaz HaRav Yeshiva had been hired as a driver on occasion.

“According to Jewish law, it is completely forbidden to hire Arabs, especially in yeshivas,” Rabbi Kanievsky said. “There is a concern of endangering lives.”

The rabbi continued, explaining, “After all, we are at war with them…and are there not Jews that can work and make a living?”

Asked later on if his words should be publicized, Rabbi Kanievsky said: “Certainly.”

Rabbi Kanievsky went even further, saying that Jews should refrain from employing any non-Jews, not just Muslim Arabs, and instead grant livelihood to Jews, unless there exist huge disparity between the costs of the labor.

Rabbi Kanievsky is one of the most recognized authorities in Hareidi-religious society. He is the son of the Steipler Rebbe, Rabbi Yisrael Yaakov Kanievsky, and the son-in-law of Rabbi Yosef Shalom Elyashiv, the leader of Lithuanian Hareidi Jewry.

Avoda Ivrit Hotline Set Up
For several years a revival of the concept of Avoda Ivrit – Jewish labor – has been taking place in the Jerusalem, Judea and Samaria regions – particularly in hilltop communities. Though a web site listing Jewish labor businesses was closed down after a law-suit from an Arab advocacy group funded by the New Israel Fund, a new hotline and email account has been set up to provide Avoda Ivrit solutions.

The hotline, for everything from gardeners, heavy equipment operators, painters, cement mixers and handymen to catering and restaurants, can be reached at: 1 599 588 588   or by emailing: [email protected]

newman

Re: Top Hareidi Rabbi Bans Arab Labor Following Merkaz HaRav Attack
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2008, 07:16:02 AM »
We ALL should not only refrain from hiring muSSlims but we should boycott any business that does.

Offline Ulli

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2008, 08:44:58 AM »
Rabbi Chaim Kanievsky is right.

To employ Muzzies is very dangerous and stupid. On the one hand, because they are lazy people and you waste your money with their salery, on the other hand even they are not directly involved in terrorism, there is a great change, that they spy on you and enable in this way the Hamas/Fatah to kill you.
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2008, 12:14:16 PM »
It's only common sense especially in Israel.

I'll add something comical though.  When I was in Israel this summer and went to the McDonalds, it was odd to see Israeli Jews doing the serving and work etc etc...and here in the US, it's essential black people..
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2008, 02:22:47 PM »
I met the great Rabbi Chaim Kanievsky for a blessing in person, and he is a powerful Torah giant.

Offline Eliezer Ben Avraham

• Master JTFer
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2008, 10:31:04 PM »
this is definitely the first part to getting the Arabs out of Israel, first we must become independent of them
KAHANE TZADAK!

Offline FULL METAL JACKET

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2008, 10:33:56 PM »
Don't know why they would hire them in the first place.  >:(

And look how many Jewish lives that one decision cost. Unforgivable mistake.
Formely known as "1986"

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2008, 10:41:39 PM »
Why in the world did it take this atrocity to make such a commonsense ruling?  ??? :o

Offline Eliezer Ben Avraham

• Master JTFer
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2008, 10:43:04 PM »
Why in the world did it take this atrocity to make such a commonsense ruling?  ??? :o
tragedy brings out response, people don't want to see an impending threat , instead they choose to ignore it
KAHANE TZADAK!

Offline FULL METAL JACKET

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2008, 10:57:06 PM »
tragedy brings out response, people don't want to see an impending threat , instead they choose to ignore it
x2

This is human nature. We choose to learn the hard way, unfortunately.
Formely known as "1986"

Offline JTFFan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2008, 11:58:56 PM »
We ALL should not only refrain from hiring muSSlims but we should boycott any business that does.

Absolutely O0

Offline Shlomo

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • SAVE ISRAEL!
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2008, 01:23:34 AM »
I was glad to see this article.

Never make a deal with the devil.
"In the final analysis, for the believer there are no questions, and for the non-believer there are no answers." -Chofetz Chaim

Offline judeanoncapta

• Master JTFer
  • Rebuild it now!!!!
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2008, 03:51:37 AM »
I don't know if everyone realized the extent of the change this means in the Haredi world.

1. The Top Haredi is completely unconcerned about infuriating the Araabs by firing them en masse. That is new.

2. Also his reasoning that having Arabs near you is a threat against your life means the Haredi viewpoint is now aamenable to transfering Arabs out of the country. That is new.

It is quite amazing that he actually gave this ruling. I know it seems like common sense but this is actually a big step for the Haredim in Israel.
Post questions here for the ASK JUDEA TORAH SHOW

my blog: Yehudi-Nation

Who is truly wise? He who can see the future. I see tommorow today and I want to end it - Rabbi Meir Daweedh Kahana

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2008, 05:48:39 AM »
One more step in the right direction...a Kahanist Israel!

Offline Shlomo

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • SAVE ISRAEL!
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2008, 09:00:12 AM »
Believe me... I pray for this every night. I hope that everyone prays for Chaim and Israel every day. This is one of the most powerful things we can do.
"In the final analysis, for the believer there are no questions, and for the non-believer there are no answers." -Chofetz Chaim

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2008, 09:09:35 AM »
The moslems work for half the price but the work is horrible.If you pay Israelis the proper amount they'll work and moslems will be jobless ;D ;D
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline TorahZionist

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2008, 09:37:52 AM »
http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/Flash.aspx/143481

Hareidi Communities Implementing 'Jewish Labor' Verdict

(IsraelNN.com) Following the Jewish legal decision issued by top Hareidi-religious sage Rabbi Chaim Kanievsky that it is forbidden to employ Arab workers, the Hareidi-religious community is taking steps to comply.

According to Channel 1 there are inspectors going from store to store in Hareidi religious neighborhoods informing proprietors that they must comply with the decision or may face boycotts.

The Hareidi web site Yeshiva World News has printed unconfirmed reports that former Sephardi Chief Rabbi and Shas spiritual leader Rabbi Ovadia Yosef has seconded Rabbi Kanievsky’s ruling.

Offline dhimmi_pride

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2008, 04:26:15 PM »
Great news!

Is this decision also binding on Hareidi Jews living in America?

Offline judeanoncapta

• Master JTFer
  • Rebuild it now!!!!
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2008, 05:54:50 PM »
http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/Flash.aspx/143481

Hareidi Communities Implementing 'Jewish Labor' Verdict

(IsraelNN.com) Following the Jewish legal decision issued by top Hareidi-religious sage Rabbi Chaim Kanievsky that it is forbidden to employ Arab workers, the Hareidi-religious community is taking steps to comply.

According to Channel 1 there are inspectors going from store to store in Hareidi religious neighborhoods informing proprietors that they must comply with the decision or may face boycotts.

The Hareidi web site Yeshiva World News has printed unconfirmed reports that former Sefaradi Chief Rabbi and Shas spiritual leader Rabbi Ovadia Yosef has seconded Rabbi Kanievsky’s ruling.

I am pleasantly surprised.

They are actually implementing this ruling. This is amazing.

The demographics show that the next Israeli generation is MAJORITY Haredi. So in 30 years, Fakestinians will have no jobs.

No more working for Jews during the day and throwing rocks at them at night!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kadima!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post questions here for the ASK JUDEA TORAH SHOW

my blog: Yehudi-Nation

Who is truly wise? He who can see the future. I see tommorow today and I want to end it - Rabbi Meir Daweedh Kahana

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2008, 06:04:16 PM »
Great news!

Even if it is, I dont think it will create a major impact here anyway. How many Haredim hire arabs in America to begin with? In Israel it is correct, and im glad that this decision was made.
The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

‏119:139 צִמְּתַתְנִי קִנְאָתִי כִּישָׁכְחוּ דְבָרֶיךָ צָרָי
My zeal incenses me, for my adversaries have forgotten Your words.
‏119:141 צָעִיר אָנֹכִי וְנִבְזֶה פִּקֻּדֶיךָ, לֹא שָׁכָחְתִּי.
 I am young and despised; I have not forgotten Your precepts.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Please visit: (The Greatest lectures on Earth).
http://torahanytime.com/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Yossi_Mizrachi/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Zecharia_Wallerstein/

Offline shimon

• Full JTFer
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2008, 07:29:28 PM »
Great news!

In America haredi jews use illegal alien labor not arab labor

Offline JTFFan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2008, 10:47:28 PM »
One more step in the right direction...a Kahanist Israel!

Yes! A Kahanist Israel with Chaim as Prime Minister! It would be the greatest days!!!

Yes, no more innocent Israelis would be killed! The Arab muSSlim Nazis would be out! O0