Author Topic: Would you buy Cholent from an Amalekite?  (Read 12543 times)

Offline judeanoncapta

• Master JTFer
  • Rebuild it now!!!!
Re: Would you buy Cholent from an Amalekite?
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2008, 10:03:29 AM »
There is the concept of Amalek besides being descended from Amalek. Jew haters are spiritually Amalek even if not physically.
Why must you consider them "Amalek"?  There are evil people in the world who AREN'T Amalek...
It's funny how you find it ridiculous to call someone who wishes to wipe the Jewish people off the face of the earth "Amalek."

And yet you find it completely normal to refer to a bad Character Trait or Doubts in Faith as "Amalek."
Amalek's objective was not to wipe out the Jewish people.  It was to cool them down from their spiritual high.

Wow, man!!!!!!!!!

Far Out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OKC, you are so used to drush, you have no idea what pshat is.

According to you, Amalek just want to kill our chill.

You are actually quite amusing.

Maybe he means G-d sent Amalek to test us. I remember hearing the rabbi on Purim say something about Haman having a mission from G-d. He must have been evil and lost his free will just like Pharaoh. The reason Haman wanted to kill The Jews is because The Jews participated in Achashverosh's party with the stolen Temple vessels.

Amalek was a nation that tried to wipe out Am Yisrael. They fought Bnei Yisrael in the Desert. They didn't want to bring us down spiritually, they were picking weak Jews who lagged behind and killing them.

That's not to say that on the level of drush, Amalek is the doubts in faith that can bring us down, but pashut pshat, they were a nation that attacked Bnei Yisrael in the Midbar in a most cowardly way, picking off weak and frail Israelites.
Post questions here for the ASK JUDEA TORAH SHOW

my blog: Yehudi-Nation

Who is truly wise? He who can see the future. I see tommorow today and I want to end it - Rabbi Meir Daweedh Kahana

Offline habiru

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2008, 12:28:51 PM »
Cholent, kishka, kugel etc. are all extremely unhealthy. This is why I think Eastern European Jews have higher rates of obesity, heart disease and other illnesses; their diet is atrocious. Start eating more medittaranean, what our ancestors used to eat.

Offline judeanoncapta

• Master JTFer
  • Rebuild it now!!!!
« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2008, 01:41:33 PM »
Cholent, kishka, kugel etc. are all extremely unhealthy. This is why I think Eastern European Jews have higher rates of obesity, heart disease and other illnesses; their diet is atrocious. Start eating more medittaranean, what our ancestors used to eat.

I will attempt to follow your advice once I hit Israel.
Post questions here for the ASK JUDEA TORAH SHOW

my blog: Yehudi-Nation

Who is truly wise? He who can see the future. I see tommorow today and I want to end it - Rabbi Meir Daweedh Kahana

Offline OdKahaneChai

• Master JTFer
« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2008, 01:43:49 PM »
Yes, our ancestors ate Israeli Salad, with Olive oil and Feta cheese.  I'm sure...

And it all depends what you put in the recipe...

One does not deal with terrorists; one does not bargain with terrorists; one kills terrorists.
- Rabbi Meir Kahane ZT"L, HY"D

Offline habiru

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2008, 03:56:55 PM »
in fact they did consume allot of vegetables and olive oil. olive oil is very good for you.

Offline OdKahaneChai

• Master JTFer
« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2008, 04:09:37 PM »
in fact they did consume allot of vegetables and olive oil.
And you know this... how?

One does not deal with terrorists; one does not bargain with terrorists; one kills terrorists.

Offline habiru

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2008, 12:08:21 AM »
the gemara is replete with references to shemen zayyit , it is also said to make one wise. This I can assure you, they DID not eat cholent. kishke and kugel.

Offline OdKahaneChai

• Master JTFer
« Reply #32 on: March 25, 2008, 09:48:35 AM »
the gemara is replete with references to shemen zayyit , it is also said to make one wise. This I can assure you, they DID not eat cholent. kishke and kugel.
It's just as likely they ate Gefilte fish as today's "mediterranian food."

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #33 on: March 25, 2008, 11:10:18 AM »

They did eat cholent. I was listining to Rav BenHaim, "The 4th commandment continued" - on Torahanytime.com and he brough down a story from the Gemorrah where the Roman emporer went to visit a Rabbis house on Shabbat and ate Cholent.

http://www.kolyakov.org/Rabbi/Avraham_Benhaim/ - the last one down.
The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

‏119:139 צִמְּתַתְנִי קִנְאָתִי כִּישָׁכְחוּ דְבָרֶיךָ צָרָי
My zeal incenses me, for my adversaries have forgotten Your words.
‏119:141 צָעִיר אָנֹכִי וְנִבְזֶה פִּקֻּדֶיךָ, לֹא שָׁכָחְתִּי.
 I am young and despised; I have not forgotten Your precepts.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Please visit: (The Greatest lectures on Earth).
http://torahanytime.com/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Yossi_Mizrachi/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Zecharia_Wallerstein/