Author Topic: How many years can you shave off of working if you don't have children?  (Read 5109 times)

Offline Ulli

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: How many years can you shave off of working if you don't have children?
« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2008, 10:11:43 AM »
I think the best is, if the children help in the family business and learn there. This is the best way to have a lot of children, lesser expenses and this is helping to keep the family together.

"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2008, 10:15:49 AM »
 :::D  :::D  :::D
Nope - if and when you find the right lady - then you will get the 'perfect' child.

My cousin used a surrogate Mother to have his child.  I think his wife was too old (but that is just speculation).  Every one was beside themselves.  His parents were against it.  Darn - if that child does not look just like him - and bring that whole family great joy.

I'm not sure where I stand on all that stuff  :-\ but that line of thought just opens up another can of worms - doesn't it?
Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #27 on: April 01, 2008, 10:16:56 AM »
I think the best is, if the children help in the family business and learn there. This is the best way to have a lot of children, lesser expenses and this is helping to keep the family together.

What if you don't have a family business?

newman

« Reply #28 on: April 01, 2008, 10:20:50 AM »
Nope - if and when you find the right lady - then you will get the 'perfect' child.

My cousin used a surrogate Mother to have his child.  I think his wife was too old (but that is just speculation).  Every one was beside themselves.  His parents were against it.  Darn - if that child does not look just like him - and bring that whole family great joy.

I'm not sure where I stand on all that stuff  :-\ but that line of thought just opens up another can of worms - doesn't it?

No no no. I want your egg fertilised by your hubby. That way I get a Bullcat Jr Mk 11 and not a horror show like I was.

Offline Wayne Jude

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #29 on: April 01, 2008, 10:28:45 AM »
Funny! :)

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #30 on: April 01, 2008, 10:35:53 AM »

What do they say?
hmmmm...Becareful what you wish for.
That might not be exactly what you are bargaining for.
Only time will tell.  She is quite fiesty.
She could probably give you, at her age, a run for your money.

No no no. I want your egg fertilised by your hubby. That way I get a Bullcat Jr Mk 11 and not a horror show like I was.
What do they say?

newman

« Reply #31 on: April 01, 2008, 10:52:20 AM »

What do they say?

What do they say?

That's the Italian in her.

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #32 on: April 01, 2008, 10:54:04 AM »

Then start a business  O0

The first years are harder than hard [I can tell], but after you have survived a few years it is a very good feeling.

No boss can pressure you or even fire you  O0

And child care is no problem.  O0
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #33 on: April 01, 2008, 10:56:14 AM »

The first years are harder than hard [I can tell], but after you have survived a few years it is a very good feeling.

WELL said!!!

Offline Ben Yehuda

• Director Of Marketing
  • Master JTFer
« Reply #34 on: April 01, 2008, 11:14:36 AM »
How many years can you shave off of a working career if you dont have kids.  My dad paid for college, camp and everything else, for my brothers and myself.   If I had kids I would do the same. 

Assuming that, I would venture to say each child costs about 10 full time working years, when you factor in college, cars, camp, health insurance and everything else.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just posting an economics question.  Don't get all high, mighty and hateful if you disagree.

Strictly speaking, I think if you were robot with no emotions or social needs, it would no doubt be less expensive to not have children than otherwise. However, assuming one is not a robot, much happiness and fulfillment can be derived from children, thus perhaps motivating one to be more financially sucessful. To each their own. Some people really don't want kids; I think they are confused about their priorities, but that is not my call. Since you ask I assume you have some doubt concerning the matter.

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #35 on: April 01, 2008, 05:13:59 PM »

I'm not sure I'm up to the challenge at this point in my life.
I admire people who can manage to do that successfully.
Do you run a family business?

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #36 on: April 01, 2008, 05:27:00 PM »

Yes! I have founded it before seven years and my old mother and father are working with me. O0

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #37 on: April 01, 2008, 05:59:42 PM »
Shadow, as much as I am in favor of adopting-only and want no bio kids, these threads will only divide us and antagonize fellow members. Please stop this.

;D what are you a female? Or are you ashamed of your race or something? It just sounds funny that someone would want other people's kids and not their own, G-d forbid that this should happen to Jews.
The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

‏119:139 צִמְּתַתְנִי קִנְאָתִי כִּישָׁכְחוּ דְבָרֶיךָ צָרָי
My zeal incenses me, for my adversaries have forgotten Your words.
‏119:141 צָעִיר אָנֹכִי וְנִבְזֶה פִּקֻּדֶיךָ, לֹא שָׁכָחְתִּי.
 I am young and despised; I have not forgotten Your precepts.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Please visit: (The Greatest lectures on Earth).
http://torahanytime.com/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Yossi_Mizrachi/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Zecharia_Wallerstein/

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #38 on: April 01, 2008, 06:03:15 PM »
the sadow - thats why you have to have Emuna. Dont worry if you have kids you will not go hungry, worse comes to worse their is allways welfare, and about College you dont have to pay for it, the kids could get jobs and loans or go to community colleges which are allmost free or are free for many.  Sending to Yeshivot- you can get sponserships who can support and help, maybe even pay in full if your lucky.
 lets not make $ the #1 priority in life, which would make it like idol worship- worshiping the doller, which is destined to fall anyway (like everything else).
The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

‏119:139 צִמְּתַתְנִי קִנְאָתִי כִּישָׁכְחוּ דְבָרֶיךָ צָרָי
My zeal incenses me, for my adversaries have forgotten Your words.
‏119:141 צָעִיר אָנֹכִי וְנִבְזֶה פִּקֻּדֶיךָ, לֹא שָׁכָחְתִּי.
 I am young and despised; I have not forgotten Your precepts.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Please visit: (The Greatest lectures on Earth).
http://torahanytime.com/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Yossi_Mizrachi/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Zecharia_Wallerstein/

Offline Ben Yehuda

• Director Of Marketing
  • Master JTFer
« Reply #39 on: April 01, 2008, 06:13:16 PM »
On the lighter side, my father used to say "Just when you think you've found the women for you, the one who will make you happy and fulfilled, you're wrong." :::D :::D

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #40 on: April 01, 2008, 07:12:59 PM »

Yes! I have founded it before seven years and my old mother and father are working with me. O0
That is great!
It is nice that you can work and enjoy your family at the same time.
Who better to help you with your business then your parents.
They have your best interest at heart.  :)
Congratulations.

Offline The Shadow

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #41 on: April 01, 2008, 09:38:14 PM »
the sadow - thats why you have to have Emuna. Dont worry if you have kids you will not go hungry, worse comes to worse their is allways welfare, and about College you dont have to pay for it, the kids could get jobs and loans or go to community colleges which are allmost free or are free for many.  Sending to Yeshivot- you can get sponserships who can support and help, maybe even pay in full if your lucky.
 lets not make $ the #1 priority in life, which would make it like idol worship- worshiping the doller, which is destined to fall anyway (like everything else).
There's always welfare?  Wow, what a consolation welfare is! 

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #42 on: April 02, 2008, 03:54:58 AM »
What I meant is that some very religious members of the forum may be offended by describing children in this way. I am glad that didn't happen. So, it's over...

I know adopting is expensive--more expensive than bio kids in the short run, but in the long run... not so much. There are a lot more medical costs to the mother with bio kids, obviously. If I can never afford adoption, I just won't have kids. I have zero interest in fathering blood children whatsoever--never have.

newman

« Reply #43 on: April 02, 2008, 04:00:43 AM »
What I meant is that some very religious members of the forum may be offended by describing children in this way. I am glad that didn't happen. So, it's over...

I know adopting is expensive--more expensive than bio kids in the short run, but in the long run... not so much. There are a lot more medical costs to the mother with bio kids, obviously. If I can never afford adoption, I just won't have kids. I have zero interest in fathering blood children whatsoever--never have.
I don't want 'blood children' because I'm terrified they'll turn out like me. What's your reason, if I may ask, CF?

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #44 on: April 02, 2008, 09:01:23 AM »

I agree that 'adoption' is a great choice C.F..
I'm sure you will be a great parent, to your children, when the time comes.  :)
I did not think of the question from a Religious perspective - I see your point.