Author Topic: Proof That Shabbat is on Saturday  (Read 2927 times)

Boeregeneraal

Proof That Shabbat is on Saturday
« on: April 03, 2008, 06:04:15 AM »
Shalom all

Can someone PLEASE direct me to some verses in the Torah, that proves that Shabbat is one Saturday.

Toda

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: Proof of Shabbat
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2008, 08:40:52 AM »
Interesting...Saturday is considered the 7th day of the week to Jews.  In the Torah it is written that Gd rested on the 7th day and said it was good. Furthermore, in the 10 commandments is goes into how Jews shoudl rest on the 7th day.

Now, how do we konw that Satuday is the actual 7th day and not Monday?  Does it matter?  A 7th day has been chosen and has been kept...if it was proven it was Tuesday, I don't think it would make sense to change it.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Boeregeneraal

Re: Proof of Shabbat
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2008, 09:37:06 AM »
it would be interesting to hear what Lubab has to say about it

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: Proof That Shabbat is on Saturday
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2008, 02:40:55 PM »
If G-d gave the instrunction to Moshe and the nation to keep Shabb-t, He would of-course say when Shabb-t was (even though even before that they knew), and from that time on the over-welming majority kept Shabb-t, so it cant possibly have been confused with monday or sunday. You can also see that all Jews from different parts of the globe all know when Shabb-t is and when wensday is. + each day, the day in counted in the prayers (each day has its own special prayer included).
The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

‏119:139 צִמְּתַתְנִי קִנְאָתִי כִּישָׁכְחוּ דְבָרֶיךָ צָרָי
My zeal incenses me, for my adversaries have forgotten Your words.
‏119:141 צָעִיר אָנֹכִי וְנִבְזֶה פִּקֻּדֶיךָ, לֹא שָׁכָחְתִּי.
 I am young and despised; I have not forgotten Your precepts.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Please visit: (The Greatest lectures on Earth).
http://torahanytime.com/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Yossi_Mizrachi/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Zecharia_Wallerstein/

Offline TorahZionist

• Pro JTFer

Boeregeneraal

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2008, 11:20:34 PM »
so it's more of a conveniance/traditional conceopt for Shabbat to be on Saturday?

Offline judeanoncapta

• Master JTFer
  • Rebuild it now!!!!
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2008, 10:44:06 PM »
so it's more of a conveniance/traditional conceopt for Shabbat to be on Saturday?

Boergeneral, Sabbath is Saturday, has always been Saturday and has never been anything but Saturday.

The Christian Church changed the Sabbath to Sunday at the council of Nicea in the 4th century NOT because they were contesting the idea that Sabbath is Saturday, but because Christians beleive Jesus of Nazareth resurrected on Sunday. Ask any Christian or Catholic theologian for confirmation.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2008, 11:15:22 PM by Yacov Menashe Ben Rachamim »
Post questions here for the ASK JUDEA TORAH SHOW

my blog: Yehudi-Nation

Who is truly wise? He who can see the future. I see tommorow today and I want to end it - Rabbi Meir Daweedh Kahana

newman

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2008, 11:03:34 PM »

Boergeneral, Sabbath is Saturday, has always been Saturday and has never been anything but Saturday.

The Christian Church changed the Sabbath to Saturday at the council of Nicea in the 4th century NOT because they were contesting the idea that Sabbath is Saturday, but because Christians beleive Jesus of Nazareth resurrected on Sunday. Ask any Christian or Catholic theologian for confirmation.
They changed it because Rome was trying to create a paganised-Jewish hybrid faith as a state religion to weld it's fracturing empire together. Sunday was the pagan day of sun worship, thus it paganised the Jewish tradition of Shabbat. Standard MO of Constantinian Rome.

Boeregeneraal

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2008, 11:05:40 PM »
Yes, I know all this, but I need Torah quotes please

Boeregeneraal

« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2008, 12:18:07 AM »
TODA DanBenNoah

See the thing that i wanted to do, is give some evidencce that Christians should have Shabbat on SATURDAY and NOT sunday, as sunday would be a perversion.

TODA