Author Topic: Moshe Dyan- the autobiography of an Israeli Hero  (Read 835 times)

Offline dibblah

• Full JTFer
Moshe Dyan- the autobiography of an Israeli Hero
« on: April 07, 2008, 06:34:40 PM »
Hi All,

-Just my 2 cents worth...

One of the first autobigraphies I ever read was that of Moshe Dyan, WW2 Vet, and leader of some of the most impossible victories in war ever won in the 20th century and not just for Israel, but also in a wider military analysis.

My Dad gave this to me to read, he advised me that it would not be easy reading. He was right, but what kept shouting out from the pages in this man's very understated dialogue was a message of belief in the right of Israel and his quiet determination to see that through at any cost.

It is a great read from a man that put fear into the hearts of his enemies and won the respect of the western world. What is more telling of the character of this man is that what he did from Syria to Egypt was explained as if it was a given thing, that what he was doing was just the simple perogaotive of all male Jews of military age at the time......Nothing special....

-He was obviously right and wrong in this.. because what he achieved was very special; the rest goes without saying.

He is an iconic figure of history and one worthy of further study. I strongly recommend a read of his autobiography.

A quick snapshot of Moshe can be found here:

http://www.historylearningsite.co.uk/moshe_dayan.htm

VBR,

Dibbz.