Author Topic: Pi - The Secret of Creation  (Read 3844 times)

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
Pi - The Secret of Creation
« on: April 09, 2008, 02:59:57 PM »
Pi - The Secret of Creation
 (picture on website- http://lazerbrody.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/2008/04/08/secret_of_creation.jpg )

Our Torah is sweeter than honey. Within it, you can find all the secrets of creation.

I'm going to share with you something that none of the math or geophysics professors in MIT or Cal Tech know, nor does anyone on the staff at NASA. Now hear this from your buddy Lazer:

Pi is the secret of creation. Kabbalah, our esoteric portion of Torah passed on to us by Rabbi Yitzchak Luria Ashkenazi (the famed "Arizal") and his disciple Rabbi Chaim Vital, may their holy memories arouse mercy on us, explains that Ain Sof, Hashem The Infinite, created the world by a process known as tzimtzum, or contraction, whereby Hashem had to designate a point in the middle of his Divine and all-encompassing light to make room for a physical universe. This process, super simplified, was done by hishtalshelut, a series of cocentric circles the correspond to each of the sefirot, the holy spheres that mainifest Hashem's different attributes.

Therefore, nothing in creation is square. All of creation is round, from electrons and protons to the great galaxies.

A magical number, the key to computing circles, diameters, and circumferences is Pi, or 3.14 with subsequent fractional digits to infinity.

The Holy Name that Hashem used and uses (for creation is renewed every single day) in the contraction process is שד"י, the Hebrew name Shaddai, which is made up of 3 letters, shin, dalet, and yud.

All Hebrew letters have a numerical value. Shin is 300, yud is 10, and dalet is 4. Together, the Holy Name of Shaddai equals 314. If we divide this number by 100, the number that signifies perfection - which only Hashem is - we get 3.14, or pi, the secret of creation.
The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

‏119:139 צִמְּתַתְנִי קִנְאָתִי כִּישָׁכְחוּ דְבָרֶיךָ צָרָי
My zeal incenses me, for my adversaries have forgotten Your words.
‏119:141 צָעִיר אָנֹכִי וְנִבְזֶה פִּקֻּדֶיךָ, לֹא שָׁכָחְתִּי.
 I am young and despised; I have not forgotten Your precepts.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Please visit: (The Greatest lectures on Earth).
http://torahanytime.com/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Yossi_Mizrachi/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Zecharia_Wallerstein/

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: Pi - The Secret of Creation
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2008, 08:25:04 PM »
this is charedi propaganda,
(charedi meaning very religious and cut off from the secular world)

they like to portray professors and mathematicians as idiots, and rabbis as untouchably brilliant.

so their buddy "lazer" (who happens to be a rabbi by the way), knows better than all these mathematicians and the rest..

The propaganda helps keep kids away from university, so they can study torah more!! (and rely/trust rabbis rather than anti religious professors)

Obviously, you don`t need to be a genius to realise it is nothing incredible, that one of G-d`s names has a numerical value of 314, which just so happens to be pi rounded off to 2dp, and times 100.

The article wasn`t so dishonest though, it did not claim it to be a miracle..

The style of the article was amusing though.. reasons given!   Excellent for brainwashing.

The kabbalah might be presented correctly, I don`t know about that.. Of course it was the vehicle it was presented in, was charedi propaganda, to make it palatable.. and to keep the brainwashed clan under control!!!

I don`t know any communities of jews that would fall for that though, none are that thick.  Be interesting to know who the target audience is. Given that it is on the internet..

Maybe it was just an inappropriate/unsuitable article - unsuitable for the type of people that have internet access!

« Last Edit: April 10, 2008, 08:31:46 PM by q_q_ »

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2008, 06:12:34 AM »

they like to portray professors and mathematicians as idiots, and rabbis as untouchably brilliant.

so their buddy "lazer" (who happens to be a rabbi by the way), knows better than all these mathematicians and the rest..

The propaganda helps keep kids away from university, so they can study torah more!! (and rely/trust rabbis rather than anti religious professors)

Obviously, you don`t need to be a genius to realise it is nothing incredible, that one of G-d`s names has a numerical value of 314, which just so happens to be pi rounded off to 2dp, and times 100.

The article wasn`t so dishonest though, it did not claim it to be a miracle..

The style of the article was amusing though.. reasons given!   Excellent for brainwashing.

The kabbalah might be presented correctly, I don`t know about that.. Of course it was the vehicle it was presented in, was charedi propaganda, to make it palatable.. and to keep the brainwashed clan under control!!!

I don`t know any communities of jews that would fall for that though, none are that thick.  Be interesting to know who the target audience is. Given that it is on the internet..

Maybe it was just an inappropriate/unsuitable article - unsuitable for the type of people that have internet access!

What's with this hateful rant?  It looks like Tzvi posted some kind of kabbalistic explanation or some such.  How is this ridiculing mathematicians?  You sound a little defensive there, bud.

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2008, 11:49:32 AM »
What's with this hateful rant?  It looks like Tzvi posted some kind of kabbalistic explanation or some such.  How is this ridiculing mathematicians?  You sound a little defensive there, bud.

You didn't understand what I wrote, don't bother responding

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2008, 12:23:37 AM »

You didn't understand what I wrote, don't bother responding

Thanks.

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2008, 12:26:05 AM »

Tzvi and Rabbi Lazer Brody did not do this here.  So indeed this is a rant.  I did understand what you wrote.... your intellect is not miles above me.  What is your problem exactly?

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2008, 06:22:27 AM »
charedim tend to do it, you need to sharpen your antennae.
"
I'm going to share with you something that none of the math or geophysics professors in MIT or Cal Tech know, nor does anyone on the staff at NASA. Now hear this from your buddy Lazer:
"

I can see this paragraph is part of that mentality.

note that the whole article is really targetted to a young or simple audience  that knows almost no judaism and no maths.  So think how they would interpret it.. would they say "he is joking, they would not be expected to know kabbalah".  No.
They would think their buddy lazer, knows something these guys don`t know, and so the knowledge of those experts is lacking, and hey, this stuff is really interesting. This guy is far more interesting than my maths teacher.   They will be more fond of Lazer at the expense of the maths teacher, who doesn`t tell them or doesn`t know the math secrets that lazer does.

It would be amusing if kabbalistic rabbis were to get competitive, and used those methods on each other..  "I will tell you secrets that rabbi won`t tell you"..
a student says "I heard this secret from rabbi blah blah".... -beat that- !!!  Doing that to the maths teacher is fine though!

I remember when the chief rabbi of britain came to visit my school..  He kept saying "wicked" (as in wicked man).. And I seemed to be the only person offended.. realising he was patronizing us!

note- rabbi lazer brody is an intelligent and efficient guy.. but like many rabbis do(because it is successful), he has written something simplified for kids, and he has used some psychological tactics in his message.

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2008, 07:44:04 AM »
"I'm going to share with you something that none of the math or geophysics professors in MIT or Cal Tech know, nor does anyone on the staff at NASA. "

lol, I thought it was a joke.  Would anyone really take that seriously?  I thought it meant:  The most advance technical expert in the world doesn't see/won't find something simplistic like this (because he has no idea or interest in kabbalah or Torah): 'message here.'

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2008, 07:45:17 AM »
I mean, it's not as if he's presenting math.  Who in the world would think he really intends to show better math abilities than caltech professors by making this statement.

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2008, 08:52:45 AM »
There is a haredi mindset of scoffing at the secular world, just scoffing.  Sometimes using some rhetoric or story to demonstrate superiority. You would have to see many examples to see that mentality, it is often not so subtle.  This article was more subtle, in that the most explicit thing it did was offer sweets and say "come to me not to them" - rabbi playing psychologist, and drawing people away from the secular world.  Saying this is something involving maths that you won`t hear from your maths teacher/professor..

This article is clearly the offspring of a charedi mentality you are unfamiliar with.

I am not claiming that the article demonstrates all the aspects of the charedi mentality to which I refer.. In itself, it is subtle. And just seeing that article, one should not draw conclusions. But if you have seen many examples of articles in the charedi world, you would get the jist, and see that in that context, it is blatantly obvious and anything but subtle.

My point is very clear and obvious, and it`s not a "hateful rant" as you, in your small-mindedness, "think".

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2008, 09:58:50 AM »
you've made a mountain out of a molehill, regardless of what I 'think'

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2008, 02:48:37 PM »
qq why are you soo offended, what are you a math teacher or something?  ::)
 And by the way no shiite are you going to learn things that are only in the Torah and you wont be taught in college (I also go to College, and its knowledge in nothing compared to our Holy Torah).
The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

‏119:139 צִמְּתַתְנִי קִנְאָתִי כִּישָׁכְחוּ דְבָרֶיךָ צָרָי
My zeal incenses me, for my adversaries have forgotten Your words.
‏119:141 צָעִיר אָנֹכִי וְנִבְזֶה פִּקֻּדֶיךָ, לֹא שָׁכָחְתִּי.
 I am young and despised; I have not forgotten Your precepts.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Please visit: (The Greatest lectures on Earth).
http://torahanytime.com/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Yossi_Mizrachi/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Zecharia_Wallerstein/

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2008, 09:16:05 PM »
Not offended, I just made the point I made.. Did that offend you?
Good!

I wouldn't argue against the idea that maths is nothing compared to torah.  Or nothing compared to physics. Even though maths or physics, is infinitely complex, in its study of G-d's creation.

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2008, 09:43:33 PM »
Baal Shem Tov - "Why does Torah begin with the second letter of the Hebrew aleph-beit rather than the first? [ ב rather than א ] To show you that you do not even know the first thing about it."

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2008, 11:58:28 PM »
If we multiply pi, the secret of Creation (3.14) by the number of completion (100) we get 314, and then subtract the kolel of Ein Sof, the infinite G-d (even though he had to contract himself), which is 209, then we arrive at 105--the gematria value of Madonna,
(מ=40 ד=4 ו=6 נ=50 ה=5) meaning that the only way that the Ein Sof has revealed the complete secrets of creation is through the teachings of the grand high exalted mystic modern prophetess Madonna.  Gad zooks the wonders of Kabbalah!

This is a jewish forum. Don`t mock kabbalah.  Stop playing games. You have played this game too many times.

You understand that we don`t mock tenach.   Understand that we don`t mock kabbalah.

There are other threads where you have presented your attempt at serious discussion regarding kabbalah. If you want to discuss it, that is the only suitable way. I suggest you keep it that way.