Author Topic: Astral Projection?  (Read 9728 times)

Offline Boeregeneraal

• Master JTFer
Re: Astral Projection?
« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2008, 09:53:47 PM »
Mabey,once,if that evin was a AP,tho i was like 3 years old,but i have some xp with things like that

Well it was more like a dream as i remember,i'm in a metro(something like a NY metro,tho i never seen a metro at that age)but the sorounding isn't that imp,it feels like there is verry little room,tho there is a dead body lieing there(as i said i probobly never seen it at that age(i mean on tv atleest))and a puddle of blood,on his stomach,his face faceing to the other sid from me(i couldn't see it,tho i think it had short hair)i come near it,i duck down to reach the hand,and as i grab it i feel it is verry cold,and whats most imp,when i tuched it,it felt like,when you lats say sit on your hand for like 2h,it feels like it isn't yours,but your nervs still are there and feel only alittle,and i push his hand ageinst my cheak,and it feels....verry strange

I can tell you more on the subject,but i'd have to start from somewhere else
wow. And you were only 3 years old?

Offline Nikola1389

• Full JTFer
« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2008, 06:53:38 AM »
i think thats my farthest memory back,and i think i was somewhere around 3 yes

Offline Boeregeneraal

• Master JTFer
« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2008, 10:04:15 AM »
ok, and have you resarched the subject a bit?

Have you tried to induce it?

Offline Lubab

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2008, 10:15:19 AM »
Everything you think you accomplising with this is nothing more than mind-games you are playing on yourself.

You should stay away from such practicies as they will make you into a fool or will make you completely insane. Research "sensory deprivation". That is all these practices will do for you. You are just drugging yourself up basically.

All of these practices were once based on a true version of the thing but as they are done today they have absolutely no validity and can do a lot of harm.

If someone wants to do meditation because he is suffering from some sort of mental illness that might be appropriate but should be done under medical supervision and should not be done for longer than twenty minutes and it should be done for scientific purposes having nothing to do with religion or spirituality.

I think someone already said it here on this forum and it's pretty close to the truth: there are no outer body experiences, only out of mind experiences.

« Last Edit: April 18, 2008, 10:17:30 AM by Lubab »
"It is not upon you to finish the work, nor are you free to desist from it." Rabbi Tarfon, Pirkei Avot.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2008, 10:42:59 AM »
Lubab no matter what the reasons for it I'm just glad someone else is trying to tell people to stay away from this stuff.

You're a rabbi right? Could you please answer this question for me?

Would astral projection and things like it be considered a form of sorcery and therefore abomination?

Offline Lubab

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2008, 11:22:56 AM »
Lubab no matter what the reasons for it I'm just glad someone else is trying to tell people to stay away from this stuff.

You're a rabbi right? Could you please answer this question for me?

Would astral projection and things like it be considered a form of sorcery and therefore abomination?

It's not the real kind of sorcery that the Torah refers to it is more in the category of "foolishness", but in the sense that this foolishness takes people further from the true G-d I would say it is a sin to engage in it. It can easily lead to idolatry as people will mistake their delusions with G-dly experience and get all kinds of false ideas about G-d.

"It is not upon you to finish the work, nor are you free to desist from it." Rabbi Tarfon, Pirkei Avot.

Offline Boeregeneraal

• Master JTFer
« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2008, 11:33:49 AM »
Shalom Dear Lubab

Toda for replying here. So astral projection of today has been perverted? And the older astral projection is not a sin. I understand it possibly in this view in that modern day AP is being advertised and promoted on hippy and nudists.

So if one undertakes an AP for scientific reasons, it would not be a sin?
Say one undertakes an AP to visit one's (living) family far away?

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #32 on: April 18, 2008, 11:40:49 AM »

It's not the real kind of sorcery that the Torah refers to it is more in the category of "foolishness", but in the sense that this foolishness takes people further from the true G-d I would say it is a sin to engage in it. It can easily lead to idolatry as people will mistake their delusions with G-dly experience and get all kinds of false ideas about G-d.

Thanks for the answer. :)

Offline Nikola1389

• Full JTFer
« Reply #33 on: April 18, 2008, 01:41:01 PM »
well earlyer they said this is witchcraft,its a sin,the earth isn't the center of the univers,etc and this is another dogma,becous,you know,as they say,knowledge is power,and the apple in the garden of Eden is a metafore for knowledge

And yes,AP can be dangerous,somebody can "mind-rape" you,and that becomeing insane thing,it depends on you how are you gonna see something you expirianced,and if there is something your "body" can't see(like a diferent colour or what not(this is another theory seeing another colour etc))you won't see it at all,and induceing AP,it isn't chanting,you don't have to do rituals,thats just dumb,i think it can simply be done from a lucid dream
And i don't really beleve in god,well i don't beleve in angles devils etc etc,but there is somebody who created us(probably not as spasificly as i wrote)as well as atoms and small things witch are really complicated as hell,genial in they'r existance,happened by chance,thats just insain,did a formation from trilionz opon trilions of those atoms fall in place to create something as genial as a free thinking choncusnesch,and i think we need to further our chonchusnes by thinking,thus expanding our possibilities

-there is no such thing as an AP induced by drugs,and cults that try to teach you AP are verry dangerous (sorry for bad spelling ppl :'(   )

Offline Boyana

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #34 on: April 25, 2008, 10:20:54 AM »
Two decades ago there was this Tibetan,Lama  Lobsang Ranp os something like that.He wrote many books,mostly Astral Projection.Did books  made the best seller.
It went for a few years.
The Lama was a plumber from England.he did made a lots of money!
I am positive there is more on Google from him!
My mother is modest writer,very modest.We children at the time were very upset,that she did not make fantasy like Lama and MONEY!