Author Topic: old NYTimes articles mentioning Chaim  (Read 3187 times)

Offline jdl4ever

• Master JTFer
old NYTimes articles mentioning Chaim
« on: January 04, 2007, 12:58:52 AM »
I got the text of all the NY nazi times articles menchaning Chaim and I'll post them here over the next few days, since this site should have them for historical referance.

TEAR GAS DISRUPTS SOVIET DANCERS IN PERFORMANCE AT LINCOLN CENTER
By DENNIS HEVESI
Published: September 3, 1986

Three minutes into the first performance of the Moiseyev Dance Company in this country in 12 years, tear gas, from a canister apparently thrown from the standing-room section at the Metropolitan Opera House, sent nearly 4,000 patrons streaming out of the hall at Lincoln Center last night.
The tear gas was released at 7:50 P.M. At almost the same time, a telephone caller told The Associated Press: ''This was done by Russian members of the Jewish Defense League Movement. These actions will continue and escalate. Never Again!''
Minutes later, another caller, who said he was Chaim Ben Yosef, the national chairman of the Jewish Defense League, also called the news service and claimed responsibility for the incident. A call to the J.D.L. offices last night was answered by a recording device.
However, early today, Irv Rubin, the national chairman of the Jewish Defense League, condemned the tear gas attack.
''The J.D.L. believes in demonstrating on behalf of Soviet Jewry, but not by injuring innocent individuals,'' he said. ''Insane actions like these bury the cause of Soviet Jewry.'' The police said they had no suspects. Last night in Lincoln Center Plaza outside the opera house, where most members of the capacity audience milled about after the attack, one patron said: ''There was a hiss, a small pop and what seemed to be tear gas spreading from the rear of the house. It stung the eyes.''
Meg Gordean, a spokesman for the Soviet dance company, said there were no serious injuries, but many patrons suffered breathing difficulties and tears in their eyes.
Soviet Ambassador Yuri V. Dubinin was among several Soviet officials in the audience, all of whom were taken backstage moments after the gas was released.
At about 9:13 P.M., the performance manager of the Met, Fred Plotkin, announced that the performance would not be resumed because of tear gas remaining in the house.
Four people were treated for eye irritation at nearby St. Luke's-Roosevelt Hospital Center and released. Twelve were treated at Metropolitan Hospital and St. Clare's Hospital and released. Sixteen others were treated by paramedics at the scene for respiratory and eye irritation.
Igor Moiseyev, 80 years old, who founded the company in 1937, said through an interpreter: ''Our friends want us to dance to the accompaniment of music. Our enemies want us to dance to the accompaniment of bombs.''
The ballet company will perform tonight at 8:30, Ms. Gordean said.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2007, 09:15:09 AM by jsullivan »
"Enough weeping and wailing; and the following of leaders & rabbis who are pygmies of little faith & less understanding."
"I believe very much in a nation beating their swords into plowshears but when my enemy has a sword I don't want a plowshear"
-Rabbi Meir Kahane Zs'l HYD

Offline jdl4ever

• Master JTFer
Re: NYTimes articles menchaning Chaim
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2007, 01:02:36 AM »
Traitor Mordechai Levy backstabs Chaim (like Chaim said on his show).  May the traitor burn for this!

To Chaim:  Who is the C.S. who was the informer?  I hope he's in a hot place by now.

3 J.D.L. MEMBERS SEIZED IN BOMBINGS
By HOWARD W. FRENCH
Published: May 9, 1987

LEAD: Three people identified as members of the Jewish Defense League were arrested for a series of bombings in the New York area since 1984.
Three people identified as members of the Jewish Defense League were arrested yesterday for a series of bombings in the New York area since 1984.
One of the attacks occurred last September at Lincoln Center, when tear gas was thrown at the Metropolitan Opera House at the opening night performance of the Moiseyev Dance Company.
The suspects, Jay Cohen, 23 years old, of Rego Park, Queens; Sharon Katz, whose age was not available, of Manhattan, and Victor Vancier, 30, of Whitestone, Queens, have been charged with conspiracy to injure foreign officials and violating Federal statutes on explosives. Each charge carries a maximum 10-year sentence, according to Andrew J. Maloney, the United States Attorney for the Eastern District of New York.
According to Thomas L. Sheer, assistant director of the F.B.I. New York office, the suspects were arrested at their homes by F.B.I. agents and the police after a three-year investigation by a joint task force into terrorist activities by the Jewish Defense League. Mr. Sheer said the ''key to the investigation was a former Jewish Defense League member,'' who provided details of terrorist incidents in which he had participated, as well as recorded conversations with co-conspirators. Identified Only as 'C.S.'
During a news conference at F.B.I. headquarters in Manhattan yesterday, Mr. Sheer said that the former Jewish Defense League member, who was only identified as ''C.S.,'' had worn tape recording equipment during meetings with the three arrested suspects.
Taped conversations of the arrested Jewish Defense League members provided law-enforcement agents with statements linking them to at least six terrorist incidents dating to a Feb. 23, 1984, firebombing of an automobile parked at the Soviet residential complex in the Riverdale section of the Bronx.
In each of the incidents, Miss Katz, Mr. Cohen and ''C.S.'' were said to have acted at the behest of Mr. Vancier, who was described by Chief of Detectives Robert Colangelo as the ''self proclaimed leader of the Jewish Defense League.'' Mr. Vancier is also known as Chaim Ben Yosef, Chief Colangelo said.
In the Soviet dance company attack, Mr. Cohen is accused of tossing a tear-gas grenade into the audience during the opening performance of the Moiseyev Dance Company at the Metropolitan Opera House on Sept. 2, 1986. Twenty people were injured in that incident and the tear gas forced the evacuation of the 4,000 people in the audience, which included the Soviet delegate to the United Nations and numerous dignitaries.
According to Mr. Sheer, Jay Cohen stated during a tape recorded conversation that Sharon Katz carried the grenade into the opera house at the instruction of Mr. Vancier.
Mr. Sheer also asserted that Mr. Vancier planned the Oct. 20, 1986, firebombing of the stage door at Avery Fisher Hall, which he said was carried out by Jay Cohen. Mr. Cohen has reportedly admitted responsibility for that blast since his arrest.
A telephone call to the Jewish Defense League was returned by Mordechai Levy, who identified himself as the leader of the Jewish Defense Organization. Mr. Levy said that the league has been ''disbanded'' since 1985, and described Mr. Vancier and the two other suspects as ''independent Jewish activists.''
Mr. Levy said that his organization ''does not condone that kind of behavior,'' referring to the bombings, but added, ''We will help them if they need lawyers.''
« Last Edit: January 04, 2007, 01:09:54 AM by jdl4ever »
"Enough weeping and wailing; and the following of leaders & rabbis who are pygmies of little faith & less understanding."
"I believe very much in a nation beating their swords into plowshears but when my enemy has a sword I don't want a plowshear"

Offline jdl4ever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2007, 01:04:44 AM »
J.D.L. Member, Facing Prison, Is Found Dead
Published: September 9, 1987

LEAD: A member of the Jewish Defense League who, with two other members of the group, pleaded guilty Aug. 13 to charges in a series of bombings in the New York area since 1984, was found dead in a hotel room in the Catskills last weekend, officials said yesterday.
A member of the Jewish Defense League who, with two other members of the group, pleaded guilty Aug. 13 to charges in a series of bombings in the New York area since 1984, was found dead in a hotel room in the Catskills last weekend, officials said yesterday.
The man, Jay C. Cohen, 24 years old, of Forest Hills, Queens, apparently took an overdose of prescription drugs last Friday while attending a singles weekend at the Homowack Hotel in Spring Glen, N.Y., according to Sgt. Alfred Dorer, a spokesman for the state police at Middletown, N.Y.
Sergeant Dorer said the police were treating the death as an apparent suicide.
Mr. Cohen was free on $1 million bail pending sentencing in Federal District Court in Brooklyn on Oct. 29. He pleaded guilty to engaging in continuing organized criminal activity and faced a sentence of up to 20 years in prison.
Mr. Cohen and two other J.D.L. members, Sharon Katz, of Manhattan, and Victor Vancier, of Whitestone, Queens, originally were charged with conspiracy to injure foreign officials and with violating Federal statutes on explosives. One of the attacks occurred last September at Lincoln Center at a performance of the Moiseyev Dance Company.

Offline jdl4ever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2007, 01:08:11 AM »
Prison for Ex-J.D.L. Chief in Bombing
By LEONARD BUDER
Published: October 27, 1987

LEAD: A former head of the Jewish Defense League was sentenced yesterday to 10 years in Federal prison for taking part in a series of ''terrorist bombings'' in the New York area since 1984 to protest Soviet treatment of Jews.
A former head of the Jewish Defense League was sentenced yesterday to 10 years in Federal prison for taking part in a series of ''terrorist bombings'' in the New York area since 1984 to protest Soviet treatment of Jews.
Among the incidents was a firebombing at Avery Fisher Hall at Lincoln Center on Oct. 20, 1986, the day of a scheduled performance by the Moscow State Symphony. The firebom damaged the stage-door entrance but caused no injuries.
In sentencing the defendant, Victor Vancier, 30 years old, of Whitestone, Queens, Judge I. Leo Glasser of Federal District Court in Brooklyn sternly told him, ''You don't go bombing innocent people to make a point.''
He said he regarded Mr. Vancier as ''a danger to this community'' and, at the request of the Federal prosecutor, Charles E. Rose, he revoked Mr. Vancier's $1 million bail. According to the authorities, Mr. Vancier served as national chairman of the J.D.L. from April 1985 until November 1986. Two Others Sentenced
In separate sessions earlier in the day, Judge Glasser sentenced two other former members of the militant organization, founded in 1968 by Rabbi Meir Kahane to combat anti-Semitism.
One of them, Murray Young, 60, of East Meadow, L.I., was sentenced to five years in prison. The other, Sharon Katz, 44, of West 57th Street in Manhattan, was given a suspended three-year prison sentence and six months of house arrest as part of a five-year probationary term.
''I have no justification for what I did,'' Mr. Vancier said before his sentence was imposed. He said he realized that his actions had not helped his cause. And he asked for a new chance to build a constructive life.
His court-appointed lawyer, Thomas Concannon, described his client as ''a tragic figure'' and ''an empty vessel but for his J.D.L. life.''
''It's fair to say he's a little bit nuts,'' the lawyer said. But he asked that Mr. Vancier be spared a term in prison, where he ''would be subjected to attacks and animosity.'' 'Utterly Lawless'
The judge told the defendants that what they had done was ''terribly wrong'' and ''utterly lawless.'' And he said Mr. Vancier had made similar assertions, about seeing the error of his illegal actions, on other occasions when being sentenced for similar crimes.
Mr. Vancier and Mr. Young pleaded guilty last August - along with another defendant, Jay Cohen, 24, of Forest Hills, Queens - to racketeering charges involving acts of bombing, arson, extortion and fraud. Each faced a possible maximum prison sentence of 20 years.
Mr. Cohen was found dead in a hotel room in the Catskills early last month after apparently taking an overdose of prescription drugs. Mr. Vancier said yesterday that he felt personally responsible for Mr. Cohen's death.
Miss Katz pleaded guilty solely to taking part in an incident at Lincoln Center, when a tear-gas grenade was thrown into the audience at the Metropolitan Opera House at the opening-night performance of the Moiseyev Dance Company in September 1986.
She said she carried what she thought was a ''stink bomb'' into the hall but denied throwing the grenade. Twenty people were injured.

Offline jdl4ever

• Master JTFer
Re: old NYTimes articles menchaning Chaim
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2007, 03:34:05 PM »
Hey guys good job! I was just at the library today and I printed these articles out. Someone got ahead me. I dont have a subscrpition to the NYT. They defame chaim so much in these articles. The earliet I found was from 1978. Protesting Jimmy Carter(YM"SM) Anyhow If anyone finds it put it up.

You can get all the articles online by making a 14 day trial subscription which gives you 100 articles of your choice.  Only thing is you have to use a credit card and cancel it before the 14 days are up.  That's how I got them.  Anyhow, your work is not in vain since the online version after 1981 is text only, no pictures so if you have the pictures in the articles than post them here (-:.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2007, 05:58:06 PM by jdl4ever »

fake plastic trees

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2007, 05:02:18 PM »
Nice articles... I say nice, i mean nice work for finding them, disgusting articles

Offline Until Shiloh Comes

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2007, 01:53:43 AM »
Hello jdl4ever, and good day to you.

I just stumbled upon these.  Thanks so much for posting.  :)
Psalm 53:2 "The fool hath said in his heart, 'There is no G-D.'"

Offline jdl4ever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2007, 02:16:55 PM »

Thank you Untilshilohcomes.  Someone should pin these so they don't get lost.  I also have like 50 NY times articles about R' Kahane Zs'l from 1969-70 as well. 

Offline Dominater96

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2007, 04:56:02 PM »

Thank you Untilshilohcomes.  Someone should pin these so they don't get lost.  I also have like 50 NY times articles about R' Kahane Zs'l from 1969-70 as well. 
JDL4ever would you put some of the R' Kahane ones up??

Offline jdl4ever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2007, 12:32:13 AM »
I got a problem.  The kahane articles are in PDF format so I cant copy and paste the text. 

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2007, 01:40:32 AM »
Wow and yekutiel is criticizing and minimizing chaim.
I am urinating on a Koran.

Offline jdl4ever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2007, 01:42:42 AM »
Wow and yekutiel is criticizing and minimizing chaim.
Major exaggeration.  Yukutiel complemented Chaim.  I posted it on last week's ask JTF.  You are taking one thing he said out of context.  What did he say that minimizes Chaim?  Nothing.

Yukutiel: "No question about it Chaim did sacrifice for Jews and siffered because of his dedeciation to Soviet Jewry."

Yukutiel:  "Chaim has done time and made serious sacrifices for Jews, he was involved in JDL and held a leadership role during Rav Kahane's life. This I know. The exact details are not familiar to me."

Yukutiel: "Rav Kahane did know Chaim. I never really spoke much to the Rav about Chaim, although his name did come up from time to time. Chaim was active in JDL in the early years. He also held a leadership position in JDL. If I am not mistaken the leadership role he held was after the Rav had disassociated himself from JDL, and after JDL had more or less fallen apart. I am not that well versed on that period in the 80s when I was in prison in Israel..."
« Last Edit: May 06, 2007, 01:55:43 AM by jdl4ever »

Offline Shlomo

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • SAVE ISRAEL!
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2007, 02:07:55 AM »
I got a problem.  The kahane articles are in PDF format so I cant copy and paste the text.

You can but you have to choose the select text tool.
"In the final analysis, for the believer there are no questions, and for the non-believer there are no answers." -Chofetz Chaim

Offline jdl4ever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2007, 02:19:19 AM »
It doesn't let you do it.  They were scanned as images by the NY Times. 

Offline jdl4ever

• Master JTFer
Re: old NYTimes articles mentioning Chaim
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2008, 09:44:54 PM »
BUMP

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: old NYTimes articles mentioning Chaim
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2008, 02:11:12 AM »
BUMP

Wow I guess you got bored of being on the splinter forum with no members. I don't think your relationshp with Chaim and people on this forum will ever be the same after the evil streak you displayed.
I am urinating on a Koran.