Author Topic: Putin picks a religion  (Read 10706 times)

Offline RationalThought110

• Ultimate JTFer
Putin picks a religion
« on: April 25, 2008, 10:37:03 AM »

Offline Ben Yehuda

• Director Of Marketing
  • Master JTFer
Re: Putin picks a religion
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2008, 11:23:34 AM »
Here's something interesting. "Expert" predicts muslim majority in Russiar in 30 years.

http://www.voanews.com/english/archive/2006-02/2006-02-28-voa77.cfm?CFID=226678090&CFTOKEN=36178004

Offline TruthSpreader

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/WeThePeopleZeb
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2008, 11:36:28 AM »
Not surprising. Especially with the low birth rate of Russian Christians the much higher Muslim birth rate.

Dan - Stay calm and be brave in order to judge correctly and make the right decision

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2008, 12:17:10 PM »
Wow!!!! I didnt realise he'd start criminalizing other sects this soon into his dictatorship.

Czar Putin is turning into Fuhrer Putin.

Offline DALMACIJA

• Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2008, 12:31:59 PM »
I would be happy if Serbia had a president who was at least 50% like Vladimir Putin.

The policy of Putin is good towards Serbia.
Putin is first of all an Orthodox Christian man and a good president for his country because under his policy Russia managed to become almost dept free. Vladimir Putin has no history of affairs or other immoral activities like other world leaders have and this man condemns immoral behavior.

Putin is the first Russian president who has respect to the Orthodox Church and is reestablishing the traditional relationship between the two great Orthodox nations of Russia and Serbia.

We must not forgot that during the communist period, which took place in Serbia and Russia, our two nations were led by anti- Orthodox criminals! In those dark days we were controlled by a political movement which was created by our enemies (colonization powers).

I understand that American nationalists want a pro West regime in Russia, that's understandable.

I prefer a Russian nationalist and pro Orthodox government which will protect the interests of the Orthodox nations! For me a Serb Vladimir Putin is the symbol of Slavic strength and unity. I hope that Russia will restore it's pride and glory and that the other Slavic (orthodox) nations will follow the same example.

I like Jews and we Serbs have showed in history that we condemn anti Semitism!
But there is no Russia with out Serbia and there is also no Serbia with out Russia!
« Last Edit: April 25, 2008, 12:36:34 PM by DALMACIJA »

Offline AsheDina

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • PSALMS 129:5 "ZION" THE Cornerstone.
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2008, 12:38:24 PM »
And expects his country to all have the same religion.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/04/24/world/europe/24church.html?em&ex=1209268800&en=e423283fb3e081d1&ei=5087%0A

I dont even find this surprising. Russia will be a total communist nation in 2 yrs time, maybe less-- this happened FAST.  He got in there- in 1998? This was FAST.  How disturbing.
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל
I endorse NO Presidential Candidates

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2008, 12:41:52 PM »
I would be happy if Serbia had a president who was at least 50% like Vladimir Putin.

The policy of Putin is good towards Serbia.
Putin is first of all an Orthodox Christian man and a good president for his country under his policy Russia managed to become almost dept free. Vladimir Putin has no history of affairs or other immoral activities like other world leader have and this man condemns immoral behavior.

Putin is the first Russian president who has respect to the Orthodox Church and is reestablishing the traditional relationship between the two great Orthodox nations of Russia and Serbia.

We must not forgot that during the communist period, which took place in Serbia and Russia, our two nations were led by anti- Orthodox criminals! In those dark days we were controlled by a political movement which was created by our enemies.

I understand that American nationalists want a pro West regime in Russia, that's understandable.

I prefer a Russian nationalist and pro Orthodox government which will protect the interests of the Orthodox nations! For me a Serb Vladimir Putin is the symbol of Slavic strength and unity. I hope that Russia will restore it's pride and glory and that the other Slavic (orthodox) nations will follow the same example.

I like Jews and we Serbs have showed in history that we condemn anti Semitism!
But there is no Russia with out Serbia and there is also no Serbia with out Russia!

Heres where I dissagree.   I understand that Putin wants to protect his nation's interest, but by persecuting ALL non-orthodox religions... he is no better than the Muslims. (I know he's not as extreme, but still)

If, on the other hand.. he said.. I want to specifically persecute those who follow the violent and hatefull ideologies, such as Islam or Naziism, I'd be fine with his policies.

At any rate, I dont want to have Russia as our enemy if there is a WWIII.  They have an extraordinary Nuke arsenal.

Offline DALMACIJA

• Master JTFer
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2008, 12:49:17 PM »

Heres where I dissagree.   I understand that Putin wants to protect his nation's interest, but by persecuting ALL non-orthodox religions... he is no better than the Muslims. (I know he's not as extreme, but still)

Vladimir Putin wants to protect Russia and to keep Russia an Orthodox country.
In Russia Orthodoxism must stay the official religion.

Vladimir Putin is not persecuting other religions. Muslims, Catholics and Protestants are doing fine in Russia as long as they do not try to covert Russian people and behave as a national minority than there are no problems!

The problem is when sects and other religions want to expand their theorie among Russians or Serbians. Serbian and Russian nationalists will prosecute those who want to disturb the status of Christian Orthodoxism as the offical religion in Russia/ Serbia.

Just like Jews are not tolerating missionary activities of protestants and Catholics in Israel Russia will also not tolerate the same activities on Russian soil.

I hope that Serbia will also rise up such a policy in the Republic of Serbia.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2008, 12:52:08 PM by DALMACIJA »

Offline Ben Yehuda

• Director Of Marketing
  • Master JTFer
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2008, 12:50:09 PM »
I was watching Glenn Beck last night. An "expert" guest was discussing this matter with him. The expert claimed that mosques are going up in Russiar at an alarming rate [we should call it mosque cow] with the approval of Putin who is forming some kind of alliance with islam. I thought that would be interesting to our Serb friends who seem to think Russiar is a friend.

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2008, 01:11:32 PM »

Vladimir Putin wants to protect Russia and to keep Russia an Orthodox country.
In Russia Orthodoxism must stay the official religion.

Vladimir Putin is not persecuting other religions. Muslims, Catholics and Protestants are doing fine in Russia as long as they do not try to covert Russian people and behave as a national minority than there are no problems!

What??? just as long as they dont try and convert people????  Cummon, people are now being jailed for even discussing their non-orthodox religion with others.   Russia is sliding towards fascism here. 

I have no problem with making an official religion, language, etc etc.   But jailing people for discussing a peaceful religion is a step in the WRONG direction.

Offline DALMACIJA

• Master JTFer
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2008, 01:27:19 PM »
We must pay attention to a couple of factors:

We are dealing here with cultural differences.
You people who live in the US and Western Europe are used to freedom and that everything is allowed. Every region has his own mentality.

In Eastern Europe people are far more serious.
We just have a more serious menatlity. In Eastern Europe you can not express in public statements which are against the domestic people and the government.
Maybe in Western countries you have more of that kind of freedom in Russia it is different.

What??? just as long as they dont try and convert people????  Cummon, people are now being jailed for even discussing their non-orthodox religion with others.   Russia is sliding towards fascism here. 

Your media is telling you that we are dealing with innocent discussions which have as content non-orthodox points of views.

But we can not avoid / not recognize the fact that there are some serious non- Orthodox sects and religions active in Russia whose intentions are to convert Russians!
This can not be tolerated by the Russian government.

Russia wants to prosecute missionary activities against Russian people.
That is not fascism! The Russian government is not organizing and preparing for example the biological exterminations of the non Orthodox communities of Russia!
You can not put fascism and Russia in the same context.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2008, 01:36:25 PM by DALMACIJA »

Offline Italianpride877

• New JTFer
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2008, 01:54:50 PM »
Well what do you expect, its russia

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2008, 02:25:41 PM »

But we can not avoid / not recognize the fact that there are some serious non- Orthodox sects and religions active in Russia whose intentions are to convert Russians!
This can not be tolerated by the Russian government.

Russia wants to prosecute missionary activities against Russian people.
That is not fascism! The Russian government is not organizing and preparing for example the biological exterminations of the non Orthodox communities of Russia!
You can not put fascism and Russia in the same context.

No, thats fascism.  I didnt say it was genocide.  The two are not the same.

How can you not see that this is fascism?   Jailing people for discussing a PEACEFUL non-orthodox religion to others IS fascism.   If they were trying to promote or glorify naziism or Islam... Im ok with jailing them.. but ALL they are doing is discussing a peacful religion.  nothing more.

Again, I have no problem with Russian isntitutions preaching/promoting orthodoxism, and your country making it an official religion (In spite of the fact that it would never happend in the west)

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2008, 03:06:51 PM »
All those who are interested in conversions and propagations shall concentrate on Chechens and other Muslamics.

This will keep in control on the rising populations of Muslamics over all others. This may also check global terrorism to some extent.

With Regards... :)

There are thunders and sparks in the skies, because Faraday invented the electricity.

Offline DALMACIJA

• Master JTFer
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2008, 04:02:14 PM »
How can you not see that this is fascism?   Jailing people for discussing a PEACEFUL non-orthodox religion to others IS fascism. 

Fascists like violence and use genocidal methods to realize their purposes.
Russia is not a fascist country! It is maybe an authoritarian state but not a fascist or communist country. No Serb will ever think like that about Russia because it is just not true.

These are very serious happenings and the Russian authorities are today serious enough to stop the attacks against Russia from it's beginnings.

It looks all innocent but we Orthodox Christians have learned from history.
The Western nations are not to trust and history had proven that.
Russia and Serbia should not make the same mistakes from the past.
You should study our history than you will understand why we take the necessary actions. It would be much more understandable to you if you compare this with our history.

I saw some “innocent” events of protestants in Russia and they were openly practicing missionary activities. They were openly calling for the convert of the Russian people and insulting the Orthodox church in general. These activities should be strongly forbidden in Russia and Serbia!

If you give protestants and other non Orthodox communities to much rights you will lose control over them. If you give them a certain amount of freedom you will not know how they will use that freedom. I am repeating my self again in meetings of protestants which took place in Russia missionary activities were conducted. The consequence of this behavior is that those kind of meetings can not exist anymore in Russia.

I have nothing against protestants, Catholics or Muslims in Russia and Serbia as long as they respect the laws of the Russian/ Serbian state and act like a national minority.
But we can not tolerate missionary activities! Just like Israel is not tolerating it on their soil Russia should follow the same example!

Offline spiritus_persona

• Pro JTFer
  • Say NO to Dhimmitude
    • Cultural Jihadist (Warning!  May contain harsh language!)
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2008, 12:22:55 AM »
Putin is a communist!  Born as one, raised as one, and always will be one!  He is the Lenin of today, and we should treat him like we treat Cuba!
Me: Muslims get offended too easily.
Muslim: What!?  That is an outrage!  Take that back or I kill you!

Offline Ambiorix

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • There is no "Istanbul"
    • Brussels Journal
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2008, 01:05:21 AM »
Putin is a communist!  Born as one, raised as one, and always will be one!  He is the Lenin of today, and we should treat him like we treat Cuba!
Communist?  :::D
Turkey must get out of NATO. NATO must get out of Kosovo-Serbia. Croats must get out of Crajina. All muslims must get out of Christian and Jewish land. Turks must get out of Cyprus. Turks must get out of "Istanbul". "Palestinians" must get out of Israel. Israel must become independent from USA.

Offline FULL METAL JACKET

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2008, 02:37:46 AM »
What's so funny? He was a loyal KGB agent, a communist if there ever was one.
Formely known as "1986"

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2008, 08:13:21 AM »
I don't think the oppression of the Protestants in Russia is right, but the Russians have understood the danger for the Orthodoxie.

Russia has far more Muslims than Protestants or Catholics — anywhere from 7 million to 20 million, depending on how religious observance is measured. But the Russian Orthodox Church regards Islam as far less likely to lure converts.

Islam is not growing by the conversion of valuable members of the society. The wasp majority of converts to Islam are nuts and/or evil.

Islam is growing by our own faults. Like subsidizing agrar products for export, using lots of Oil, paying Muzzies in our countries welfare etc.

The most success has Muzzie Dawa work in jails. I think it is in the USA the same.

But the "High Religions" under Protestantism which were founded by Calvin, Zwingli, Simons, Darby etc. are very dangerous for Catholicism and the Orthodoxie, because they were created in order to reform and replace the older teachings.

Luthers Church and the Angelican Church are in their theologie more near to the Catholics and Orthodox. I think this Churches will be reabsorbed by the Catholics in the near future.
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline Ambiorix

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • There is no "Istanbul"
    • Brussels Journal
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2008, 09:40:37 AM »
What's so funny? He was a loyal KGB agent, a communist if there ever was one.
OK. KGB were amongst the only Soviet people that were exposed to the West. They saw Communism was not possible to maintain any longer, and planned an organised implosion. Later these people (now FSB) are in power of the Russian State.
These are the oligarchs you don't hear about. Those you do hear about are mostly wanting to challenge the political power of the FSB people. Thats why they end up like Chodorkovski etc,... Or like the killed journalists.

Question is , is it possible to rule over such a big country without dictatorship!?

Besides oil and gaz, one of Russia's core industries is weapons. They are sold to everybody, just as any other country does. (incl.Europe, USA,...)
To counteract the US's expansion on the Eurasian continent, (attacking Serbia, stealing Kososvo, bases in Kirgistan, Uzbekistan,... rocket shield in Poland,...) they support Iran, and other musslims in order to weaken the USA.

Communists rule in Russia?
- I think it is more like the Wild west today. Wild Capitalism.
- But the state has regained control over sectors like oil,... Which Yeltsin had given away to foreign powers.
- Lots of Russians are more patriarchal, ad patriotic as we are.

The devastating work of the multiculturalist dogma (Marxism from Frankfurter Schule), is more powerful in the USA and Europe, than in Russia.

So, I'd say, USSA and EUSSR are more communist than Russia today.

In the US it's a one-party state, and you're going to have a muslim president, or a "conservative" that wants to open the borders even further....
In the EU, it is a totalitarian copy of the USSR, that is transforming Europe into a non-European continent (racially) over 100-150 years time.

I guess Russia has a better chance of surviving the muzzy and [censored] baby boom on its soil, then we do.

« Last Edit: April 28, 2008, 09:51:08 AM by Ambiorix »
Turkey must get out of NATO. NATO must get out of Kosovo-Serbia. Croats must get out of Crajina. All muslims must get out of Christian and Jewish land. Turks must get out of Cyprus. Turks must get out of "Istanbul". "Palestinians" must get out of Israel. Israel must become independent from USA.

Offline FULL METAL JACKET

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2008, 10:01:48 AM »
USA more communist than Russia   :::D O.K.

First of all, you obviously dont know about Russian demographics. There are about 8 main ethnic groups in Russia. There are around 21 million Muslims in Russia. So please end this homogenious Russian nonsense, it is far from that. And if anything the Marxist dogma has a grip on Holland, where political correctness is rampant, right or wrong?

Putin was a nobody before the apartment bombings which the FSB staged to bring Putin into power. Who knew Putin before these bombings? Nobody. As soon is the bombings occured he had around 20 governors sign a petition to give all powers to Putin. The old Soviet coup worked. And he's still in power to day. The guy put a dummy in power.
Formely known as "1986"

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2008, 10:19:19 AM »

Putin was a nobody before the apartment bombings which the FSB staged to bring Putin into power. Who knew Putin before these bombings? Nobody. As soon is the bombings occured he had around 20 governors sign a petition to give all powers to Putin. The old Soviet coup worked. And he's still in power to day. The guy put a dummy in power.

Sounds similar to the Muslamic propaganda that the West self bombed the WTC. As soon as the aero-bombings occurred they had the enhanced support for attacks on Muslamic Afghanistan and Iraq. The old Imperial coup worked. And he's still in operations to day. The guy will put a dummy in power.  ;)

With Regards... :)
There are thunders and sparks in the skies, because Faraday invented the electricity.

Offline Ambiorix

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • There is no "Istanbul"
    • Brussels Journal
« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2008, 10:28:35 AM »

First of all, you obviously dont know about Russian demographics. There are about 8 main ethnic groups in Russia. There are around 21 million Muslims in Russia. So please end this homogenious Russian nonsense, it is far from that. And if anything the Marxist dogma has a grip on Holland, where political correctness is rampant, right or wrong?

So what is the difference with EU/USA?

Whites are becoming a minority here as well.
I think Russians have a better change to win the resulting ethnical civil wars.

Presidents and government leaders here and in the USA are also mr. Nobody's. Look at barack Osama.
In the EU, there are already 30-50 milj muzzies. We don't know how much exactly.
USSA, is bigger, so large areas of ethnical homogenous groups, are less likely to cause civil wars, the here, where there is no space enough to separate them.

<<Marxist dogma has a grip on Holland, where political correctness is rampant, right or wrong?>>
Wrong. it is everywhere in the western world. On CNN, Fox, BBC,... in the schools, at work, universities.
Never heard of Afirmative Action?

There is really no difference. The P.C. dogma is over-powerful in the UK(Blair, now Brown), Belgium(northern part votes extreme right 30 % against it, nowdays 3 nationalist parties ), France (extreme right shattered over 7 little parties, varying from region to region, F.N. pro-Arab) , the Netherlands(Rita Verdonck and Geert Wilders gaining votes), Sweden (horrible, Sverige Demokraterna marginal party), Denmark (situation good. Extreme right Dansk Folkeparti supports a minority government, in return for radical policies against immigrant influx).
Germany ? no idea.

Italy, they voted berlusconi back. Don't know how the Liga nord is doing.
Spain? voted socialist after the Madrid bombings, and Aznar had to go.

Austria? No idea really.
Switserland : Extreme right SVP or so , doing well .

Poland. Conservatives out.

rest of Europe: no idea.

As to Putin; some are very pro, some are totally against.

I have no idea what to think really.
But he seems more nationalist then most leaders here.
Ultra-nationalists are on the rise, and they will make Russia into some dictatorship, like in Nazi-Germany, or like in the days of Bresnjev.

Also , I am convinced, Russia is forced to take action against the US - influence nowdays in Eurasia. What do you want?
That Bellaruse joins Nato?

Better to abolish the Nato and the UN and the EU.

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2008, 12:12:21 PM »

The conclusion...  ;) O0
« Last Edit: April 28, 2008, 12:14:56 PM by syyuge »

Offline DALMACIJA

• Master JTFer
« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2008, 03:53:53 PM »

Ambiorix,

respect for you inteligence.
You are maybe a Catholic but you did not have lost your sense for reality.

People who think that Putin is a communist are lying or have totally lost the reality.

Every Serb and Russian knows that the Western nations (Vatican) are the creators of this regressive, evil and most undemocratic political system which we know as communism. Socialism or communism has it's roots coming from the West and it was launched by the members of the two most dark international organizations of the whole world at Orthodox soil with the intent to commit the biological extermination against Orthodox civilizations.

To think that a Russian nationalist, who is in the first place an Orthodox Christian, would support an ideology which was created by the enemies of the Orthodox nations
is totally absurd and wrong.

Why is Vladimir Putin an communist according to some Americans here?
Because he was a member of the state's security during USSR? Being a former member of the security of the state, which does not exist today, does not mean that you are automatically a communist.

Communist are just like Bosnian Muslims( Muslim Serbs) and Croats (Catholic Serbs).
A communist has, just like a Croat, accepted an ideology (religion) of his enemies.
The inventors of communist were non Orthodox people so if a Slavic nation accepts communism it is just like if they have accepted Islam or Catholicism which are also ideologies of the enemies of the Orthodox nations.

So do not come with that Russia is a communist state or that Vladimir Putin is a communist. That does not sound realistic anymore and is becoming non sense and a serious insult towards the biggest Orthodox nation of the world, Russia.