Author Topic: What Do You Think of Mormons?  (Read 4454 times)

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
Re: What Do You Think of Mormons?
« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2008, 03:48:36 PM »
If Satan rules, the waters, why did they move next to a lake?
THERES NO LAKE THERE ANYMORE
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Ari

• Master JTFer
« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2008, 03:49:33 PM »
Oh, I didn't know that Mord, lol, must have had too much salt.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2008, 03:50:03 PM »
Oh, I didn't know that Mord, lol.
;D ;D
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline TruthSpreader

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/WeThePeopleZeb
« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2008, 04:38:32 PM »
Well, they probably moved to Utah because there were too many schwatzes in NY.

Really? No wonder the Mormons hated the blacks.
Dan - Stay calm and be brave in order to judge correctly and make the right decision

Offline AsheDina

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • PSALMS 129:5 "ZION" THE Cornerstone.
« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2008, 06:07:33 PM »
I'll take Mormons over Schwartzes, Hispanics and Muslime.

Mormons are polite, conservatve and mind their own business. 

Agree with that - they VERY MUCH regard Judaism as well, and are extremely knowlegeable in Torah and OT- they are VERY decent humans- DEF. NOT muslims, they ALWAYS have enough fod for their neighbors when a disaster happens, as well.
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל
I endorse NO Presidential Candidates

Offline firster555

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2008, 06:18:49 PM »
I think they also believe that the Garden of Eden is in Jefferson City, Missouri.  :laugh:
They do have some wierd stuff in their beliefs but as far as known they are decent and peaceful people.
As every religion there are some sects that go totally out of their minds.
Well, except for islam, they ALL go totally out of their minds.
I know not everyone here is a fan of South Park but they did have a rather funny episode about Joseph Smith and how Mormonism started.
In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man. Brave, hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds however, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot.

Offline ASHISH

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2008, 10:01:10 PM »
As long as they dont kill me for who i am i have no problem with them i even welcome scientologist O0

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #32 on: April 27, 2008, 10:22:40 PM »
I've read almost all of their various books of scripture, and I know what they believe.

I could care less about their theology and doctrines...all I know is that I have met a lot of them over the years, gone to school with them, etc., and I have yet to meet any Mormons who aren't upright, square, and clean living people.

Most of them "look" clean and fresh because they are forbidden the drinking of colas, coffee, tea; are forbidden to smoke or use illegal drugs. 

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2008, 11:32:18 PM »
I mean as people from what i have observed, they have a good attitude and seem to be decent human beings.

Mormonism as a theology?  Well, whatever my opinion might be, it would be biased because I only like my religion :)

Eh, to each their own as long as they hurt no one and live righteously.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline JTFFan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #34 on: April 27, 2008, 11:38:00 PM »
I've read almost all of their various books of scripture, and I know what they believe.

I could care less about their theology and doctrines...all I know is that I have met a lot of them over the years, gone to school with them, etc., and I have yet to meet any Mormons who aren't upright, square, and clean living people.

Most of them "look" clean and fresh because they are forbidden the drinking of colas, coffee, tea; are forbidden to smoke or use illegal drugs. 

I like their conservative values, although Polygamy practice wouldn't be really "conservative" in my books. Some of their beliefs are out their, like spirit children, other than they are fine with good conservative values. I don't know if this true or not, but I think one of the reasons they are so interested in genealogy, is that when you find another ancestor of yours he goes to the spirit world with the other spirit children, something along those lines from what I heard, not sure if it's correct though.