Author Topic: Rich People Who Flaunt Money!  (Read 7047 times)

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: Rich People Who Flaunt Money!
« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2008, 09:37:37 PM »
"NOt all people who own big houses, drive nice cars, or have nice clothing are necessarily flaunters. "

Overwealming majority are. Nice house okay I can understand, but why the fancy cars, or very expensive clothing (maybe sometimes for the wife). Like my Rabbi said- a commercial on Russian radio, they were advertising some coats and they were like, buy this coat it will make you feel warmer and others colder.
  But who seriously needs a mercedes or a farrari to get from point A to point B? Its all pride. And anyway theirs no point in being jealous of these people, no one really needs the junk they have (a few extra cars and big chains wont accomplish anything). 
  I think that it would definitly be a much better world if no one cared about the material that he or she has. Just drive a car or another means of transportation because it gets you to where you need to go, eat at home or at simple resturants because it feeds you, and wear plain clothing because it covers you up. BUT its also problematic if you are the only one (or one of few) with that type of attitude, because one needs to get married, and it would also in a way be standing out, by not standing out. Whatever lets just hope that this world and way of life which is full of Sheker turns around and we can live our lives much more simpler, without running as much for material things and having an easier life (working less, not persuing material things and trying to impress others, and focusing on our main mission in life which is getting closer to the Holy One Blessed Be He.

That sounds very...communist.

No the opposite. If anything Communism, capitalism, and all the other economic systems mainly focus on the recieving of material, what I wish that their would be is that we lived a much simpler life not persuing $ and material all our lives, which ruins our life that we are supposed to have both for the spiritual and also the family life that people have to have. (check out the new Rav Mizrahi lecture about how the persuit of material has destroyed the family, and is the root cause of all the family problems, divorces and seperation of kids and parents.) Harmony at Home in Roslyn - http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Yossi_Mizrachi/index.html
The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

‏119:139 צִמְּתַתְנִי קִנְאָתִי כִּישָׁכְחוּ דְבָרֶיךָ צָרָי
My zeal incenses me, for my adversaries have forgotten Your words.
‏119:141 צָעִיר אָנֹכִי וְנִבְזֶה פִּקֻּדֶיךָ, לֹא שָׁכָחְתִּי.
 I am young and despised; I have not forgotten Your precepts.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Please visit: (The Greatest lectures on Earth).
http://torahanytime.com/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Yossi_Mizrachi/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Zecharia_Wallerstein/

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #26 on: May 03, 2008, 09:44:53 PM »
I think people who do so are punished in this life time.

Money is solely a means for living in life. It's one thing to want a big house and nice cars...it's another thing to to want it in order to flaunt it. it's a punishment for this lifetime becuase they will never be happy no matter how much money they have and will never be happy in their lives..and the worst thing for them is that the day they become unimportant, they will realize how much of their lives they wasted and how much good they could have done.
O0 Excellent Post!
Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2008, 02:15:48 AM »
"NOt all people who own big houses, drive nice cars, or have nice clothing are necessarily flaunters. "

Overwealming majority are. Nice house okay I can understand, but why the fancy cars, or very expensive clothing (maybe sometimes for the wife). Like my Rabbi said- a commercial on Russian radio, they were advertising some coats and they were like, buy this coat it will make you feel warmer and others colder.
  But who seriously needs a mercedes or a farrari to get from point A to point B? Its all pride. And anyway theirs no point in being jealous of these people, no one really needs the junk they have (a few extra cars and big chains wont accomplish anything). 
  I think that it would definitly be a much better world if no one cared about the material that he or she has. Just drive a car or another means of transportation because it gets you to where you need to go, eat at home or at simple resturants because it feeds you, and wear plain clothing because it covers you up. BUT its also problematic if you are the only one (or one of few) with that type of attitude, because one needs to get married, and it would also in a way be standing out, by not standing out. Whatever lets just hope that this world and way of life which is full of Sheker turns around and we can live our lives much more simpler, without running as much for material things and having an easier life (working less, not persuing material things and trying to impress others, and focusing on our main mission in life which is getting closer to the Holy One Blessed Be He.

That sounds very...communist.

No the opposite. If anything Communism, capitalism, and all the other economic systems mainly focus on the recieving of material, what I wish that their would be is that we lived a much simpler life not persuing $ and material all our lives, which ruins our life that we are supposed to have both for the spiritual and also the family life that people have to have. (check out the new Rav Mizrahi lecture about how the persuit of material has destroyed the family, and is the root cause of all the family problems, divorces and seperation of kids and parents.) Harmony at Home in Roslyn - http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Yossi_Mizrachi/index.html

In principle, you are right...It's like doing the mitzvot. We really shouldnt' be doing mitzvot because there is a reward for it. We should be doing mitzvot because it's healthy and good for us to be righteous reward or no reward.  The root cause of worldy problems is when different religions clash with each other and crazy men use religion as a means to murder and lynch innocent people. 
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Daniel Ben Hanania

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2008, 09:12:43 AM »
One Rabbi said its fine to have a lot of many and buy expensive stuff, as far as you not attach to them
NEVER AGAIN !!!

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #29 on: May 04, 2008, 06:17:00 PM »
"The root cause of worldy problems is when different religions clash with each other and crazy men use religion as a means to murder and lynch innocent people.  "

Not allways. Their are far more problems in the world both in the micro and macro levels then religions clashing, which I agree is a bog problem, but what about for example the problems of pride, jealousy, anger ,etc?
The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

‏119:139 צִמְּתַתְנִי קִנְאָתִי כִּישָׁכְחוּ דְבָרֶיךָ צָרָי
My zeal incenses me, for my adversaries have forgotten Your words.
‏119:141 צָעִיר אָנֹכִי וְנִבְזֶה פִּקֻּדֶיךָ, לֹא שָׁכָחְתִּי.
 I am young and despised; I have not forgotten Your precepts.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Please visit: (The Greatest lectures on Earth).
http://torahanytime.com/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Yossi_Mizrachi/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Zecharia_Wallerstein/

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2008, 06:58:05 PM »
"The root cause of worldy problems is when different religions clash with each other and crazy men use religion as a means to murder and lynch innocent people.  "

Not allways. Their are far more problems in the world both in the micro and macro levels then religions clashing, which I agree is a bog problem, but what about for example the problems of pride, jealousy, anger ,etc?

that is the root problem..excuse me..not religion necessarily..but it's when people use religion as a means to promote pride, jealousy, and anger...
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein