Author Topic: Rich People Who Flaunt Money!  (Read 7056 times)

Offline Ari

• Master JTFer
Rich People Who Flaunt Money!
« on: May 01, 2008, 12:07:15 PM »
Do you think they will be severly punished by G-d for flaunting cash extravagantly and wasting it on such things as handbags, clothes, and Sweet 16 parties, etc., rather than working to do good?   :)

Offline AsheDina

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • PSALMS 129:5 "ZION" THE Cornerstone.
Re: Rich People Who Flaunt Money!
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2008, 12:25:10 PM »
Do you think they will be severly punished by G-d for flaunting cash extravagantly and wasting it on such things as handbags, clothes, and Sweet 16 parties, etc., rather than working to do good?   :)

Yes, I do. What need is there of all of that JUNK! G-d is SO good, and they just treat Him terrible! GRRR.
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל
I endorse NO Presidential Candidates

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2008, 12:35:40 PM »
I think people who do so are punished in this life time.

Money is solely a means for living in life. It's one thing to want a big house and nice cars...it's another thing to to want it in order to flaunt it. it's a punishment for this lifetime becuase they will never be happy no matter how much money they have and will never be happy in their lives..and the worst thing for them is that the day they become unimportant, they will realize how much of their lives they wasted and how much good they could have done.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2008, 01:10:56 PM »

Money is solely a means for living in life. It's one thing to want a big house and nice cars...it's another thing to to want it in order to flaunt it. it's a punishment for this lifetime becuase they will never be happy no matter how much money they have and will never be happy in their lives..and the worst thing for them is that the day they become unimportant, they will realize how much of their lives they wasted and how much good they could have done.

They are subhuman scum!!!   So are the Rap-stars who sing about how much wealthier they are then us... and how much gold they are wearing... and so are the Hilton scum... who mock working people.

Offline Angry Panther

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2008, 01:14:04 PM »
Rich people that go around flaunting there money think they have "class".

"Oh I have nice leather shoes so therefore I have class!"

"I drive a big fancy car so therefore I have class!"

"I wear nice suits so therefore I have class!"

What these people don't realize is that it's not the material wealth you have, but who you are inside, what kind of person you are in life that gives you class.

You see these people with big fancy homes and cars, and it's nothing! They have nothing, they are spiritually empty.

Don't even waste your time with people like that.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2008, 02:48:48 PM »

They are subhuman scum!!!   So are the Rap-stars who sing about how much wealthier they are then us... and how much gold they are wearing... and so are the Hilton scum... who mock working people.

Actually, I'm very sensitive to this topic.  Some people buy nice things for themselves and not in order to flaunt them. Unfortunately some people who don't have those things perceive such types as flaunting their material.  NOt all people who own big houses, drive nice cars, or have nice clothing are necessarily flaunters.  Therefore, I view such comments as a means of envy and jealousy.  It's easy to say that if one didn't ahve the money to say that if they did they would use it for good causes...but it's not always the case.  Greed is a human trait also.

I will repeat what i said before...those who buy things solely in order to elevate themselves to other people in a shallow sense are cursed already in this life time because they will never be satisfied with anything.  However, those who simply can afford it and like nice stuff for their own personal enjoyment for this lifetime and don't do it to please others are doing what any decent human being would do if they had the means and the drive to make money.

It is what makes the world turn.

"A poor man shouldn't be judged with anger or with remorse;  Nor should a rich man be judged as diligent or with frugal."
« Last Edit: May 01, 2008, 02:51:07 PM by Dr. Dan »
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline MasterWolf1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2008, 02:50:37 PM »
I find it ridiculous those that have so much money they need 30 cars, 10 yachts and 5 houses.
RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2008, 02:53:26 PM »
I find it ridiculous those that have so much money they need 30 cars, 10 yachts and 5 houses.

Certain things in excess, I admit, is a problem..but once again, I cannot judge them...It's the way others elevate them for having so much stuff which troubles me...By making them look special in a positive light OR a negative light is a way of elevating them because the negative talk, once again, can be seen as a source of envy.  If one had something bad to say about such people, then that person ought to go out, make a fortune and set an example for giving it to good causes and while living an adequate lifestyle.

Offline Vito

• Master JTFer
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2008, 03:09:56 PM »
I'd be happy with some land, a snowmobile and a pretty girl  O0

Offline MasterWolf1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2008, 03:11:14 PM »
If I had a lot of money I would buy a beachhouse somewhere in Florida when winter strikes here to go there for the few months
RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!

Offline Ari

• Master JTFer
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2008, 03:43:10 PM »
Yes, good answers, those who flaunt it excessively should be boiled alive in a scalding pot.   O0

Offline Ben Yehuda

• Director Of Marketing
  • Master JTFer
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2008, 03:45:10 PM »
Flaunting money is silly and pathetic, on the other hand having money can be a very good thing. It all depends on  how one uses it. One can provide security for oneself and one's family and support causes and charities to make the world a better place; this is unarguably good.

If your response to rich people who have nice things is based on envy, that may be an even larger problem. I basically agree with Dr. Dan.

Offline Ari

• Master JTFer
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2008, 03:49:18 PM »
I'd be happy with some land, a snowmobile and a pretty girl  O0

You shall have that soon, G-d willing, Vito. O0

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2008, 05:13:51 PM »
It's been my experience that those with real wealth tend to keep a low profile, and don't go out of their way to "flaunt" their status.

It's usually the nouveau riche who feel some compulsion to "advertise" to the world their newly acquired riches, and as a result they are the ones most likely to lose all their money and assets.

It's much easier to "get rich" than it is "knowing how to stay rich".

The families known for great wealth know "the value of money", which is the knowledge of having money work for you.

Offline Ari

• Master JTFer
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2008, 10:43:49 AM »
I try to moderate feelings of envy or jealousy because they are not positive emotions and frowned upon in Judaism.  That said, I think everybody feels them on occasion.  When I do, it's never at someone I believe to have genuinely worked hard to get what they have in life.  It's the people that haven't done a thing, yet seem to have everything, that I sometimes resent.  When I do experience this, however, I also often remind myself that although I may perceive many to have more than me in life, the realty is that I have a great deal more than many other people.   O0

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2008, 02:05:14 PM »
I try to moderate feelings of envy or jealousy because they are not positive emotions and frowned upon in Judaism.  That said, I think everybody feels them on occasion.  When I do, it's never at someone I believe to have genuinely worked hard to get what they have in life.  It's the people that haven't done a thing, yet seem to have everything, that I sometimes resent.  When I do experience this, however, I also often remind myself that although I may perceive many to have more than me in life, the realty is that I have a great deal more than many other people.   O0

but how can you tell who worked hard and who didn't? I mean sometimes you can tell...but you kown what i mean.

Righteous behaviour shoudl be rewarded..that simple.

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
  • No Appeasement.or Concessions.Fakestine is a Hoax.
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2008, 02:30:46 PM »

As someone who has some relatives that flaunt money,     the less I have to do with them,    the better.    Individuals like this are disgusting.     They cause much more harm than good.     
"Israel's leaders seem to be more afraid of Obama than they are of G-d. Now we're getting to the real root of the problem. Secular politics won't save Israel. Denying the divine nature of the Jewish State has brought Israel neither stability nor peace. When that changes Israel will finally be blessed with both in abundance"-----------NormanF   ( Posted on Israel Matzav's Blog )

http://jtf.org/

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2008, 02:41:41 PM »
 "NOt all people who own big houses, drive nice cars, or have nice clothing are necessarily flaunters. "

Overwealming majority are. Nice house okay I can understand, but why the fancy cars, or very expensive clothing (maybe sometimes for the wife). Like my Rabbi said- a commercial on Russian radio, they were advertising some coats and they were like, buy this coat it will make you feel warmer and others colder.
  But who seriously needs a mercedes or a farrari to get from point A to point B? Its all pride. And anyway theirs no point in being jealous of these people, no one really needs the junk they have (a few extra cars and big chains wont accomplish anything). 
  I think that it would definitly be a much better world if no one cared about the material that he or she has. Just drive a car or another means of transportation because it gets you to where you need to go, eat at home or at simple resturants because it feeds you, and wear plain clothing because it covers you up. BUT its also problematic if you are the only one (or one of few) with that type of attitude, because one needs to get married, and it would also in a way be standing out, by not standing out. Whatever lets just hope that this world and way of life which is full of Sheker turns around and we can live our lives much more simpler, without running as much for material things and having an easier life (working less, not persuing material things and trying to impress others, and focusing on our main mission in life which is getting closer to the Holy One Blessed Be He.
The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

‏119:139 צִמְּתַתְנִי קִנְאָתִי כִּישָׁכְחוּ דְבָרֶיךָ צָרָי
My zeal incenses me, for my adversaries have forgotten Your words.
‏119:141 צָעִיר אָנֹכִי וְנִבְזֶה פִּקֻּדֶיךָ, לֹא שָׁכָחְתִּי.
 I am young and despised; I have not forgotten Your precepts.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Please visit: (The Greatest lectures on Earth).
http://torahanytime.com/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Yossi_Mizrachi/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Zecharia_Wallerstein/

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2008, 03:24:29 PM »
If someone worked to earn their money, then they deserve it.

Those that simply live off of rich familys and hang off their parents coattails are scum in my opinion.

My fathers family was very wealthy, and they were never happy. Always complaining and hated life.

My mothers family was pretty wealthy too but they've got a lot of medical problems.

My family was wealthy when I was a child and we lost it all, money definitely makes things easier but I don't think it's a bad thing to be rich or to buy nice things for yourself if you can afford it.

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2008, 03:29:43 PM »

Why? This is what capitalism is about, if people earned that money I don't see what the problem is.

Offline MarZutra

• Ultimate JTFer
    • BLOODBATH OF THE LEFT
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2008, 03:30:49 PM »
I don't know.  Probably a bit of shaming will go on because one doesn't put their blessings towards better and more righteous use. The Talmud does state that a Tzaddik will love money more than life itself.  Logic being that one doesn't have to worry a righteous person committing crimes or debauchery while his wealth will be used in righteous ways effecting masses of peoples long past the Tzaddik's death.  Thus the Tzaddik's love of money outlive the Tzaddik causing many more to be righteous.  Perhaps one of the Rabbis on the forum can place the actual passage?  
"‘Vehorashtem/Numbers 33:53’: When you burn out the Land’s inhabitants, you will merit to bestow upon your children the Land as an inheritance. If you do not burn them out, then even if you conquer the Land, you will not merit to allot it to your children as an inheritance." - Ovadiah ben Yacov Sforno; Italian Rabbi, Biblical Commentator, Philosopher and Physician.  1475-1550.

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2008, 03:33:36 PM »
"NOt all people who own big houses, drive nice cars, or have nice clothing are necessarily flaunters. "

Overwealming majority are. Nice house okay I can understand, but why the fancy cars, or very expensive clothing (maybe sometimes for the wife). Like my Rabbi said- a commercial on Russian radio, they were advertising some coats and they were like, buy this coat it will make you feel warmer and others colder.
  But who seriously needs a mercedes or a farrari to get from point A to point B? Its all pride. And anyway theirs no point in being jealous of these people, no one really needs the junk they have (a few extra cars and big chains wont accomplish anything). 
  I think that it would definitly be a much better world if no one cared about the material that he or she has. Just drive a car or another means of transportation because it gets you to where you need to go, eat at home or at simple resturants because it feeds you, and wear plain clothing because it covers you up. BUT its also problematic if you are the only one (or one of few) with that type of attitude, because one needs to get married, and it would also in a way be standing out, by not standing out. Whatever lets just hope that this world and way of life which is full of Sheker turns around and we can live our lives much more simpler, without running as much for material things and having an easier life (working less, not persuing material things and trying to impress others, and focusing on our main mission in life which is getting closer to the Holy One Blessed Be He.

That sounds very...communist.

Why does it matter what type of clothes people wear? Why does it matter what type of cars people drive? They have them because they can. Doesn't mean I support flaunting them around. It's the same reason some people like to have nice big 60 inch plasma tv's because there are advantages to them over regular tv's. Same reason some people like nice cell phones, boats, computers, etc.

Why do you feel the need to question what people have? There are needs and wants, and guess what, we all have wants in life. Work hard at life, make money, and buy the things you desire to enjoy life. You have a decision how you want to spend your money just like everyone else.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2008, 03:35:57 PM by מאיר כהן »

Offline Ari

• Master JTFer
« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2008, 03:50:44 PM »
Some things are clearly beyond reason.  Like when a well-to-do Jewish putz father spends 100 grand to have a Babboon Rapper sing at his daughter's Bat Mitzvah or Sweet 16.  No excuses. >:(

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2008, 03:55:20 PM »
Some things are clearly beyond reason.  Like when a well-to-do Jewish putz father spends 100 grand to have a Babboon Rapper sing at his daughter's Bat Mitzvah or Sweet 16.  No excuses. >:(

Ok I will say that's rather difficulty to disagree with, some things are stupid like the person who spent 25,000 dollars for a corn flake shaped like Illinois, or the person who spent 50,000 for a peice of gum chewed by Brittany Spears.

While I will say it's stupid, it is their money and life is a learning experience, other people profit from others stupidity.

I don't know what one considers rich or wealthy, I wouldn't consider myself really wealthy but I am working my way towards that status, I personally prefer to keep somewhat quiet about my financial life although there are certain things I do enjoy and promote like a few activities I am involved with that I wouldn't be able to without spending a considerable amount of money to.

I know that if I had money, I would love to have a yacht, I would certainly invest my money into political movements that are good for America and the Jewish people.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2008, 04:58:55 PM »

How do you know that an overwelming majority are? It's just as easy for me to say that those who claim the majority of rich people flaunt are the majority jealous! 

Fancy cars?  Some people like to drive fast cars. Some peopel have a hobby of having nice things like ferraris..It's not for any one of us to judge what they like to buy with the money the worked hard to earn. However, if one says, "ha ha, i have a ferrari and you don't" then yes, it's flaunting and it's a bad thing.  But so, big deal? Some people like ferraris and porsches. 

Maybe, you, Tzvi, needs a regular car to go from point A to point B...I dont' judge you for being cheap, do I?

Bottom line, so what if some people like to have material goods? I say, as long as they dont' have a false sense of accomplishment for having material goods and still remember Gd is Gd and life is life, then all the blessings to those people.  It is those who feel special for having nice cars and big houses and let those things OWN THEM which pity to me!