Author Topic: Anybody watching the NBA finals?  (Read 3813 times)

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
Anybody watching the NBA finals?
« on: June 12, 2008, 02:17:01 AM »
Im a big Laker fan  8)... just wondering if anyone else here is watching.

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
Re: Anybody watching the NBA finals?
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2008, 02:44:56 AM »
NO
I hate Basketball

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2008, 02:53:26 AM »
I hate that Rapist Kobe Bryant >:(

Offline דוד בן זאב אריה

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Kahane Was Right
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2008, 03:07:31 AM »
I only like the Nuggets since I am from Denver
David Ben Ze'ev Aryeh

Offline nikmatdam

• Pro JTFer
  • one of my earliest rebbeim/rav nachman bulman zt"l
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2008, 03:11:45 AM »
most of the games have been on shavuot so far... but yeah i'm keeping an eye on it... i too am a lifetime laker fan... but i think the celts are just too strong for them this year... the lakers have to win all three of these home games of theirs just to stand a chance... 'cause maybe they can win one out of two back in boston... but no-way are they ever going to win two in a row in boston gardens... no-way jose!!!! not in a million years... not given the fans back there... not given the laker franchise history in that building... not given boston's ny yankee-esqe legendary prowess on their own homecourt... next year maybe for the lakes... just my take... they needed game 2 to win this series... too bad... great, great comeback... just fell short... and so will the lakers in this whole series probably this time around... i hope i'm wrong... but that's the way i see it going down... nik. out...
« Last Edit: June 12, 2008, 03:07:58 PM by nikmatdam »
"i am nikmatdam... humble and imperfect servant of Hashem... and i yearn for redemption but i absolutely ache for Divine justice and vengeance..."

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2008, 03:14:49 AM »
Even though I hate Basketball i wanted the Hornets to win but they are out

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2008, 11:53:36 AM »
most of the games have been on shavout so far... but yeah i'm keeping an eye on it... i too am a lifetime laker fan... but i think the celts are just too strong for them this year... the lakers have to win all three of these home games of theirs just to stand a chance... 'cause maybe they can win one out of two back in boston... but no-way are they ever going to win two in a row in boston gardens... no-way jose!!!! not in a million years... not given the fans back there... not given the laker franchise history in that building... not given boston's ny yankee-esqe legendary prowess on their own homecourt... next year maybe for the lakes... just my take... they needed game 2 to win this series... too bad... great, great comeback... just fell short... and so will the lakers in this whole series probably this time around... i hope i'm wrong... but that's the way i see it going down... nik. out...

Yes, I know that the Celts are next to impossible to beat at home.  But we beat the Jazz in Utah.... which had the toughest record in the league.   (twice).    And I think your going to see a different team from here on out.  You'll see much better defense against KG and Pierce.  Thats what Im hoping for anyway. :)

Offline RationalThought110

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2008, 01:28:19 PM »
The officiating scandal from the 2002 Western Conference Finals is interesting. 

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2008, 01:31:29 PM »
that was most likely a lie that ref might go to jail for 20 + years so he is try to cover his A**

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2008, 01:33:38 PM »

that was most likely a lie that ref might go to jail for 20 + years so he is try to cover his A**

So if he could go to jail for lying, then why are you claiming that he lied?

Offline nikmatdam

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2008, 01:33:57 PM »
i saw that series back then... sacramento was STRONG!!! i still can't believe the lakers beat them... i'm not saying it was fixed in any way necessarily... i'm just saying i was surprised they beat them... nik.
"i am nikmatdam... humble and imperfect servant of Hashem... and i yearn for redemption but i absolutely ache for Divine justice and vengeance..."

Offline nikmatdam

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2008, 01:35:19 PM »
he's going to jail i think for betting on games he was calling... nik.

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2008, 01:36:03 PM »

So if he could go to jail for lying, then why are you claiming that he lied?

Look at Roger Clemens he lied to protect himself and look what happened to him

None of the players from that series believe what he said

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2008, 02:04:59 PM »

Yes.. that ref is a pathetic shame.   He desperately wants to take the NBA down with him.  He has made all sorts of baseless accusations.

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2008, 02:23:34 PM »
i saw that series back then... sacramento was STRONG!!! i still can't believe the lakers beat them... i'm not saying it was fixed in any way necessarily... i'm just saying i was surprised they beat them... nik.

The Lakers were one of the top teams in the NBA that season; though I thought Sacramento was the best team. 

In the 2000 Western Conference Finals, when the Lakers came back to defeat Portland, the latter choked. 

But in the 2002 series between Sacramento and the Lakers, I thought there were some bad calls and/or calls that weren't made by the officials, toward the end of the series.  I didn't think the Lakers outplayed them to win that series and I didn't think Sacramento choked at the end of it.

« Last Edit: June 12, 2008, 04:07:59 PM by RationalThought110 »

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2008, 02:29:37 PM »

The Lakers were one of the top teams in the NBA that season; though I thought Sacramento was the best team. 

In the 2000 Western Conference Finals, when the Lakers came back to defeat Portland, the latter choked. 

But in the 2002 series between Sacramento and the Lakers, I thought there were some bad calls and/or calls that weren't made by the official, toward the end of the series.  I didn't think the Lakers outplayed them to win that series and I didn't think Sacramento choked at the end of it.

They called Phantom calls fouls that never happened

Offline Dan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2008, 02:34:33 PM »
I like the Celtics in 7!
 but than again I would much more play it than watch... who's down for some BBall?

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2008, 02:36:27 PM »
I like the Celtics in 7!
 but than again I would much more play it than watch... who's down for some BBall?
How about Football ;D

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2008, 02:53:14 PM »
I like the Celtics in 7!

Sure.. if your in the LA area.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2008, 02:56:00 PM »
nope, but i hope boston wins.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline nikmatdam

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2008, 03:09:48 PM »
rational... i totally agree with your assessment... nik.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2008, 03:11:46 PM by nikmatdam »

Offline MasterWolf1

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2008, 03:14:56 PM »
I am an all hockey kinda wolf, the only sport left that thugs aren't high priced.  And yes I love football cause I use to play it in highschool. I stopped paying attention to the NBA a very long time ago. 
RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2008, 03:17:01 PM »
I am an all hockey kinda wolf, the only sport left that thugs aren't high priced.  And yes I love football cause I use to play it in highschool. I stopped paying attention to the NBA a very long time ago. 

Hockey is great To bad Detroit won

Offline nikmatdam

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2008, 04:01:42 PM »
does that mean you're a pitt. fan or you just don't like det. (anyone but them)...? nik.

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2008, 04:11:53 PM »
does that mean you're a pitt. fan or you just don't like det. (anyone but them)...? nik.

Even though i am a New yorker I like the Ducks and the Sharks