Author Topic: HELP OUR GREAT MEMBERS QUIT SMOKING !!! (VERY BENEFICIAL TOPIC)  (Read 4829 times)

Offline Haim_Ben_Shimon_3JFB

• Pro JTFer
If you have quit or just simply know how to post some of your ideas or ways you quit. i thought this topic will help our members live longer since i heard one cigarette takes away 5 min of peoples lives. we need our righteous gentiles and right wing Jews to live longer!!! i thought about it 5 min each cigarette might not look like too much but if you actually count that an average smoker smokes like a pack a day thats about 20 cigarettes a day 20 X 5 is a hundred min everyday. 365 or 366 however you want X 100 is 36,500 min 36,600 min a year and divide that by 60 to get estimate hours thats about 608.333333 or 610 hours divide that by 24 you get 25.3472222 days or 25.4166667 days per year. so for each year you smoke subtract about a month from your lifetime plus it also depends on your health if you a bit over weight its more. all these calculation is approximate i did not copy paste it from some website so if i made any mistakes correct me considering the 5 min per cigarette rate. so i believe that each smoker that is our member should consider quiting as soon as possible. what you guys think? I ALSO POSTED THIS TOPIC IN Healthy Living In The Spirit of Chaim Ben Pesach SECTION.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2008, 01:19:48 PM by Chaim Ben Shimon »

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
Re: HELP OUR GREAT MEMBERS QUIT SMOKING !!! (VERY BENEFICIAL TOPIC)
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2008, 01:19:12 PM »
If you have quit or just simply know how to post some of your ideas or ways you quit. i thought this topic will help our members live longer since i heard one cigarette takes away 5 min of peoples lives. we need our righteous gentiles and right wing Jews to live longer!!! i thought about it 5 min each cigarette might not look like too much but if you actually count that an average smoker smokes like a pack a day thats about 20 cigarettes a day 20 X 5 is a hundred min everyday. 365 or 366 however you want X 100 is 36,500 min 36,600 min a year and divide that by 60 to get estimate hours thats about 608.333333 or 610 hours divide that by 24 you get 25.3472222 days or 25.4166667 days per year. so for each year you smoke subtract about a month from your lifetime plus it also depends on your health if you a bit over weight its more. all these calculation is approximate i did not copy paste it from some website so if i made any mistakes correct me considering the 5 min per cigarette rate. so i believe that each smoker that is our member should consider quiting as soon as possible. what you guys think?     

I smoke

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2008, 01:21:50 PM »
IF YOU WOULD BE A BILLIONAIRE AND YOU HAVE LIVED TILL 119 YEARS AND 364 DAYS HOW MUCH WOULD YOU PAY TO STAY ALIVE FOR ANOTHER DAY OR TWO???

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2008, 01:23:27 PM »
IF YOU WOULD BE A BILLIONAIRE AND YOU HAVE LIVED TILL 119 YEARS AND 364 DAYS HOW MUCH WOULD YOU PAY TO STAY ALIVE FOR ANOTHER DAY OR TWO???

If I lived that long I would be sad

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2008, 01:24:23 PM »
Thankfully that's a vice I don't indulge in.

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2008, 01:26:14 PM »

YOU NEVER KNOW

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2008, 01:27:21 PM »

YOU NEVER KNOW

If I was a Billionaire JTF would be on National TV

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2008, 02:08:56 PM »

YOU NEVER KNOW

haha good answer

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2008, 02:10:02 PM »

YOU NEVER KNOW

haha good answer

Not Only that I would make sure Chaim will be allowed back into Israel O0

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2008, 04:00:02 PM »

I don't plan to live past 25, so not really concerned about it. Anyways, I don't smoke.

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2008, 04:04:59 PM »
chaim ben simon, you are being very naiive and childish.

smoking is a very tough habit, you won't them with you putting a post on a forum.

Your intentions are good, but your wisdom is in the toilet. Or up in smoke

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2008, 04:26:50 PM »

I don't plan to live past 25, so not really concerned about it. Anyways, I don't smoke.

30 isn't so bad. It's a little depressing sometimes (oh, gee, I'm old now! Ahhh!) but it's worth making it here. I think you're one of the coolest people on the forum so I'd love to see you posting for many more years (assuming I'm still alive). :)

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2008, 04:28:40 PM »

30 isn't so bad. It's a little depressing sometimes (oh, gee, I'm old now! Ahhh!) but it's worth making it here. I think you're one of the coolest people on the forum so I'd love to see you posting for many more years (assuming I'm still alive). :)

Rubystars you will live till you are 135  O0 You are not old

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2008, 04:42:12 PM »
I smoke
Why do you? Surely you know that you are destroying yourself.

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2008, 04:43:08 PM »
I smoke
Why do you? Surely you know that you are destroying yourself.

Yeah I know it is but I started because of stress at my job

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2008, 04:43:40 PM »

smoking is a very tough habit, you won't them with you putting a post on a forum.

This was completely uncalled for. Chaim ben Simon was trying to do a good thing for his fellow JTF members.

You owe him an apology this instant.

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2008, 04:53:46 PM »
Ancient Chinese Saying:

Many man smoke.

But few man chew.

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2008, 04:55:45 PM »
Ancient Chinese Saying:

Many man smoke.

But few man chew.

Chewing Tobacco is discusting

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2008, 05:03:57 PM »
I dont understand what do people get out of smoking? Anyway if one is going to damage oneself why not just go for liquor or drugs (not that I am saying you should do that, but at least people say they feel good doing it, even though it is damaging like smoking and one shouldn't do either).
The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

‏119:139 צִמְּתַתְנִי קִנְאָתִי כִּישָׁכְחוּ דְבָרֶיךָ צָרָי
My zeal incenses me, for my adversaries have forgotten Your words.
‏119:141 צָעִיר אָנֹכִי וְנִבְזֶה פִּקֻּדֶיךָ, לֹא שָׁכָחְתִּי.
 I am young and despised; I have not forgotten Your precepts.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Please visit: (The Greatest lectures on Earth).
http://torahanytime.com/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Yossi_Mizrachi/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Zecharia_Wallerstein/

Offline TruthSpreader

• Silver Star JTF Member
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/WeThePeopleZeb
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2008, 05:07:30 PM »
Ancient Chinese Saying:

Many man smoke.

But few man chew.

Chewing Tobacco is discusting

All forms of tobacco is disgusting.

Dan - Stay calm and be brave in order to judge correctly and make the right decision

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2008, 05:20:45 PM »
I don't understand what do people get out of smoking? Anyway if one is going to damage oneself why not just go for liquor or drugs (not that I am saying you should do that, but at least people say they feel good doing it, even though it is damaging like smoking and one shouldn't do either).

I am Quitting

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2008, 05:31:45 PM »
Why did our Creator make each of us with nicotein receptors in our brains?

Unless I'm mistaken, most Israelis still smoke like chimneys.

It is almost an absurdity to suggest to an entire nation living each day with an existential threat, that smoking isn't good for them and might shorten their lives.

Finally, speaking entirely from personal experience, quitting cigarettes is relatively easy to do, it is remaining a non-smoker over the long term which is the difficulty.

Two methods which worked for me:

1.  You eventually get an attack of bronchitis/flu/cold which make you so sick that you can't even think about smoking for at least a week.  Then, if you continue not smoking afterwards you're well on your way.

2.  You make up your mind to quit, and then make out a regimen something like this:

Day 1:  You go until 10am before allowing your first cigarette, rather than the several which you usually smoke upon awakening and having breakfast.
Day 2:  Force yourself to make it to 12pm before having the first smoke, and then continue smoking.
Day 3:  Make it until 12:30 pm or until 1pm before the first cigarette.
Day 4:  Until 3pm then smoke the rest of the day as normally.
Day 5:  First cigarette right before dinner, then continue.
Day 6:  Until 7pm or until after dinner, whichever comes first.
Day 7:  Until 10pm
Day 8:  Only one or two right before getting in bed to sleep.
Day 9:  One cigarrete only before sleeping.
Day 10, 11, 12....One before sleep, and then NONE.

What happens:  You most likely become mildly constipated, and EXTREMELY irritable for about three days.

So ingest some prunes or prune juice prior to going to sleep, and suffer with a bad case of nerves by doing long walks or exercising physically.

Then:  After one week with no smoking you're easily going to make it with a little willpower, and most of the physical and emotional effects are fading away if not already gone.

Remain cigarette free for NINE DAYS, during which all of the nicotein your body has metabolized is passed out of your system.

Congratulations!  You're now tobacco free, and notice that you're suddenly sleeping much better and feeling more rested for the first time in many years.

Simply avoid smokers, bars, and other temptation triggers to begin smoking again, and after a short while, you will be smoke free, and about fifteen lbs. heavier!  lol

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2008, 05:43:54 PM »

This was completely uncalled for. Chaim ben Simon was trying to do a good thing for his fellow JTF members.

You owe him an apology this instant.

nothing wrong with constructive criticism

I wrote that his intentions were good, which was obvious anyway, no point you repeating that fact to me.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2008, 06:07:09 PM »

Thanks AH! :) I'm glad you think I'll live that long, I hope you will too!

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2008, 06:09:08 PM »

Thanks AH! :) I'm glad you think I'll live that long, I hope you will too!
Thank you :) ;) :) ;)