Author Topic: Persian Jews  (Read 16355 times)

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: Persian Jews
« Reply #50 on: July 03, 2008, 05:28:27 PM »
Slightly off-topic, but how do Persian Jews get along with Satmar in NYC? Aren't the Satmar so fanatical and cultic that they consider all non-Satmar Jews to be goyim?

Well to be quite honest Chaimfan, Great neck is a very long ride away from the hellhole of williamsburg where the satmar cult is housed. Satmar consider all jews who are not satmar to be infidels. They absolutely detest sefardic jews. But to answer the question, I believe their is next to no interaction between the persian jews and the satmar anti semite bastards. Boro Park which is another neighborhood full of Chasidim is very far away from great neck as well. Besides, the satmar males are too busy patronizing prostitutes to bother with Persian Jews.
I am urinating on a Koran.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #51 on: July 03, 2008, 06:35:35 PM »
Slightly off-topic, but how do Persian Jews get along with Satmar in NYC? Aren't the Satmar so fanatical and cultic that they consider all non-Satmar Jews to be goyim?

I have no clue...
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #52 on: July 03, 2008, 06:57:51 PM »
How many Persian Jews are left in the middle east?

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #53 on: July 03, 2008, 07:22:27 PM »

Define Middle east

do you mean just Iran or Israel and Iran?
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #54 on: July 03, 2008, 07:22:54 PM »

Define Middle east

In Iran

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #55 on: July 03, 2008, 07:46:12 PM »
Thanks for the kind words, Dr. Dan.

DownwithIslam.  I grew up in Great Neck, and it's a beautiful place and very Jewish.  But there are very few older singles there.  In fact, it's extremely rare for any Iranian Jewish woman of my age to be unmarried, and to have no children.  So to answer your question, first off, there are mostly families in Great Neck.  Secondly, I've never hit it off with any Persian guys.

Also, you will never have any Mashadi guy coming up to a woman in a Synagogue or at a wedding or any party to strike up a conversation.  If the men see someone they like, they'll have their parents talk to the girl's parents.  Now I realize it's a respectful way of doing things.  But on the other hand, I feel like a lab rat when my parents (or anyone else) tries to set me up with one of these guys.  My father always says to me "Go out with him at least ten or fifteen times and you'll see that you'll get to like him."  Frankly, I would rather not lead them on after one or two dates. 

And one more thing about moving to Great Neck...I grew up there, and my childhood memories of the place were not happy ones being that I was so shy.  It was only when I started Junior High that I came out of my shell and started to make friends. 

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #56 on: July 03, 2008, 07:48:23 PM »

Define Middle east

In Iran

I think a few thousand..not 100% sure. There is one Jew that serves in the Iranian "parlaiment"

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #57 on: July 03, 2008, 07:49:59 PM »
Thanks for the kind words, Dr. Dan.

DownwithIslam.  I grew up in Great Neck, and it's a beautiful place and very Jewish.  But there are very few older singles there.  In fact, it's extremely rare for any Iranian Jewish woman of my age to be unmarried, and to have no children.  So to answer your question, first off, there are mostly families in Great Neck.  Secondly, I've never hit it off with any Persian guys.

Also, you will never have any Mashadi guy coming up to a woman in a Synagogue or at a wedding or any party to strike up a conversation.  If the men see someone they like, they'll have their parents talk to the girl's parents.  Now I realize it's a respectful way of doing things.  But on the other hand, I feel like a lab rat when my parents (or anyone else) tries to set me up with one of these guys.  My father always says to me "Go out with him at least ten or fifteen times and you'll see that you'll get to like him."  Frankly, I would rather not lead them on after one or two dates. 

And one more thing about moving to Great Neck...I grew up there, and my childhood memories of the place were not happy ones being that I was so shy.  It was only when I started Junior High that I came out of my shell and started to make friends. 

i think your dad is right...it takes more than 2 dates for someone to grow on you...you should be giving some of these guys more of a chance.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #58 on: July 03, 2008, 07:55:18 PM »
Persian Jews are similar to Bukharin and Kavkazi Jews?

We are similar except for language and a few traditions.  I have heard that the Georgian (kavkazi Jews) are very similar in their upbringing. I have never met a Kavkazi though.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #59 on: July 03, 2008, 08:00:40 PM »

We are similar except for language and a few traditions.  I have heard that the Georgian (kavkazi Jews) are very similar in their upbringing. I have never met a Kavkazi though.

by Kavkazi i meant Jews from Azerbaijan not Georgia

but the language between Bukharin, Kavkazi/mountain, and Persian Jews its Farsi dialect

It is...But kavkazi = Azeri?  what do they call the Georgian Jews?

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #60 on: July 03, 2008, 08:01:08 PM »
From my experience no one in my family has ever even mentioned the Satmars.  Once again, most Iranian Jews practice their religion moderately.  They're skeptical of anything seemingly "extreme." 
« Last Edit: July 04, 2008, 04:43:06 PM by Lisa »

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #61 on: July 03, 2008, 09:53:12 PM »

by Kavkazi i meant Jews from Azerbaijan not Georgia

but the language between Bukharin, Kavkazi/mountain, and Persian Jews its Farsi dialect

It is...But kavkazi = Azeri?  what do they call the Georgian Jews?

Georgian Jews are called Gruzinskie and their language is not Farsi

akhaa

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #62 on: July 04, 2008, 08:52:56 AM »
Lisa...Chaim is interested...where do we start?

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #63 on: July 04, 2008, 12:33:55 PM »
Let me send him a link to this thread, and we'll see.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #64 on: July 04, 2008, 12:47:20 PM »
From my experience no one in my family has ever even mentioned the Satmars.  In fact, my father dislikes Chasidic Jews.  
Even the good ones like the Lubavitch?

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #65 on: July 04, 2008, 01:09:00 PM »

My father is not familiar with the different sects of Chasidic Jews.  I'm sure if he met some Lubavitchas and saw that they were good people, he would like them.  But for whatever reason, he has not had good experiences with some of them. 

« Last Edit: July 04, 2008, 04:24:20 PM by Lisa »

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #66 on: July 04, 2008, 01:10:32 PM »
What kinds of Lubavitch then is he familiar with?

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #67 on: July 04, 2008, 01:11:26 PM »
PS Lisa, please post a pithy and acerbic parting message to our beloved Anus-T (now known as iratollah).  :)

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #68 on: July 04, 2008, 02:15:08 PM »
PS Lisa, please post a pithy and acerbic parting message to our beloved Anus-T (now known as iratollah).  Smiley

I'm not convinced it's Anus-T.  The style of writing is not the same.  Besides which, he's already banned, and I would rather not give him the extra attention.  So if you want, why don't you make a humorous but clean poll about him?

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #69 on: July 04, 2008, 02:17:03 PM »
What kinds of Lubavitch then is he familiar with?

All my father knows of is Jews with black hats, black suits, and long sideburns. I don't think he even knows what a Lubavitcha is. 

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #70 on: July 04, 2008, 02:35:30 PM »
PS Lisa, please post a pithy and acerbic parting message to our beloved Anus-T (now known as iratollah).  Smiley

I'm not convinced it's Anus-T.  The style of writing is not the same.  Besides which, he's already banned, and I would rather not give him the extra attention.  So if you want, why don't you make a humorous but clean poll about him?
So who do you think this creature was? Do you agree with my original theory that it was a Muslim Nazi, or do you think it is someone from the dog pound?

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #71 on: July 04, 2008, 02:37:22 PM »
So who do you think this creature was? Do you agree with my original theory that it was a Muslim Nazi, or do you think it is someone from the dog pound?

I have no idea.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #72 on: July 04, 2008, 02:48:22 PM »
Paulette had another theory we should have considered earlier. She believes it is a white supremacist (i.e. a Whorefronter). I guess it's a good guess. We have certainly had Whorefront trolls before who knew Hebrew and some Jewish expressions (like Din Rodent). They are so obsessed with Judaism that they devote hours upon hours of study to this religion--all because they want to murder us.

Perhaps the fact that he mentioned white supremacists often in his few posts here was a big hint, hint...  :o ::)

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #73 on: July 04, 2008, 05:51:31 PM »
From my experience no one in my family has ever even mentioned the Satmars.  

The Persian Jews I know who are have become more religious or more spiritual due to Kabbalah love Chabad...Persian Jews love other Jews who believe in ahavat yisrael. However..those who are not so traditional, respect the Lubovitch, but stay clear at the same time of becoming like them...it all depends.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2008, 06:03:40 PM by Lisa »

Offline Shlomo

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • SAVE ISRAEL!
« Reply #74 on: July 04, 2008, 07:41:38 PM »
I absolutely love the Persian Jews.
"In the final analysis, for the believer there are no questions, and for the non-believer there are no answers." -Chofetz Chaim