Author Topic: Schoolboys punished with detention for refusing to kneel and pray to Allah  (Read 6513 times)

Offline Ulli

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Schoolboys punished with detention for refusing to kneel in class and pray to Allah

[Thanks to 2honest for this issue - I think it deserves a threat]

By Daily Mail Reporter
Last updated at 11:30 AM on 04th July 2008

Two schoolboys were given detention after refusing to kneel down and 'pray to Allah' during a religious education lesson.

Parents were outraged that the two boys from year seven (11 to 12-year-olds) were punished for not wanting to take part in the practical demonstration of how Allah is worshipped.

They said forcing their children to take part in the exercise at Alsager High School, near Stoke-on-Trent - which included wearing Muslim headgear - was a breach of their human rights.

One parent, Sharon Luinen, said: "This isn't right, it's taking things too far.

"I understand that they have to learn about other religions. I can live with that but it is taking it a step too far to be punished because they wouldn't join in Muslim prayer.

"Making them pray to Allah, who isn't who they worship, is wrong and what got me is that they were told they were being disrespectful.

"I don't want this to look as if I have a problem with the school because I am generally very happy with it."

Another parent Karen Williams said: "I am absolutely furious my daughter was made to take part in it and I don't find it acceptable.

"I haven't got a problem with them teaching my child other religions and a small amount of information doesn't do any harm.

"But not only did they have to pray, the teacher had gone into the class and made them watch a short film and then said 'we are now going out to pray to Allah'.

"Then two boys got detention and all the other children missed their refreshment break because of the teacher.

"Not only was it forced upon them, my daughter was told off for not doing it right.

"They'd never done it before and they were supposed to do it in another language."

"My child has been forced to pray to Allah in a school lesson." The grandfather of one of the pupils in the class said: "It's absolutely disgusting, there's no other way of putting it.

"My daughter and a lot of other mothers are furious about their children being made to kneel on the floor and pray to Islam. If they didn't do it they were given detention.

"I am not racist, I've been friendly with an Indian for 30 years. I've also been to a Muslim wedding where it was explained to me that alcohol would not be served and I respected that.

"But if Muslims were asked to go to church on Sunday and take Holy Communion there would be war."

Parents said that their children were made to bend down on their knees on prayer mats which the RE teacher had got out of her cupboard and they were also told to wear Islamic headgear during the lesson on Tuesday afternoon.

Deputy headmaster Keith Plant said: "It's difficult to know at the moment whether this was part of the curriculum or not. I am not an RE teacher, I am an English teacher.

"At the moment it is our enterprise week and many of our members of staff are away.

"The particular member of staff you need to speak to isn't around. I think that it is a shame that so many parents have got in touch with the Press before coming to me.

"I have spoken to the teacher and she has articulately given me her version of events, but that is all I can give you at the moment."

A statement from Cheshire County Council on behalf of the school read: "The headteacher David Black contacted this authority immediately complaints were received.

"Enquiries are being made into the circumstances as a matter of urgency and all parents will be informed accordingly.

"Educating children in the beliefs of different faith is part of the diversity curriculum on the basis that knowledge is essential to understanding.

"We accept that such teaching is to be conducted with some sense of sensitivity."

Source: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1031784/Schoolboys-punished-detention-refusing-kneel-pray-Allah.html#
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
What the hell is there problem they should not be making the kids pray to Allah because that is not a freakin Muslim country the parents should demand that the teacher lose there job and not be able to teach again
Why aren't the other parents mad at this

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
This story really Pisses me off
If they did that to my children there would be hell to pay i would go there looking for the teacher

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
This is insane!!
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
This is insane!!

Why dont they make the muslim kid read the Bible and pray like we do
they wont becaue they are scared of the muslims

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
This is insane!!

You hit the nail on the head
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
This is insane!!

Yeah I liked to hit the nail in the teachers head

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
This is insane!!

I'd like to hammer a dunce hat on the teachers head

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
This is insane!!

No nail a Quran to her head

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
This is insane!!

Me too.

I have looked up the word "dunce".

One word more - thank you Mord! O0
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
This is insane!!

Me too.

Why  :)

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline דוד בן זאב אריה

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Kahane Was Right
    • Facebook Profile
The Muslims should be punished for Praying to allah.
David Ben Ze'ev Aryeh

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
This is insane!!

Me too.

Because I learned the new word "dunce"  ;D

A word you need for shure if you write about Muzzies, Bolschewists and Nazis. It is in my oppinion    irrecoverable  ;D

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
The Muslims should be punished for Praying to allah.

You throw Holy water on them if they burn there the Devil

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
This is insane!!

Me too.

Because I learned the new word "dunce"  ;D

A word you need for shure if you write about Muzzies, Bolschewists and Nazis. It is in my oppinion    irrecoverable  ;D
Yes it is a good word ;D ;D

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Bruicy Kibbutz

• Full JTFer
I think the UK and US should make it mandatory to learn arabic to "appease" them.
DukeNukem

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
I think the UK and US should make it mandatory to learn arabic to "appease" them.

They should teach the kids to make there prophet mohammed out of paper mashay but use the quran

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Be a light in the darkness.......
I would be getting a lawyer, such as Jay Sekulow from the American Center for law and Justice and sueing...... O0

This is truly insane..... :-[
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline 2honest

• Senior JTFer
  • MayIsraelPrevail
They've already stopped teaching about the Holocaust so as not to offend Muslims, so forcing people to bow to Allah is just the next logical step on the road to sha'aria.
Does anyone have a link documenting this insanity?
Id like to know how many schools we are takling about that have stopped teaching about the holocaust.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
I don't know if it's true or a rumor but here it is                  

News Home World news Headlines Pictures Most read News Board Horoscopes Travel Money My Stories Logout Login  Motors | Jobs | Property | Dating | Wine | Feedback | E-editions Sunday, July 06 2008 This Evening  13°C  Tomorrow Morning 17°C  5-Day Forecast Teachers drop the Holocaust to avoid offending Muslims
By LAURA CLARK
Last updated at 11:58 02 April 2007

Comments (12)  Add to My Stories

Schools are dropping the Holocaust from history lessons to avoid offending Muslim pupils, a Governmentbacked study has revealed.

It found some teachers are reluctant to cover the atrocity for fear of upsetting students whose beliefs include Holocaust denial.

More....

Teachers fear backlash over crackdown in the classroom
There is also resistance to tackling the 11th century Crusades - where Christians fought Muslim armies for control of Jerusalem - because lessons often contradict what is taught in local mosques.

The findings have prompted claims that some schools are using history 'as a vehicle for promoting political correctness'.

The study, funded by the Department for Education and Skills, looked into 'emotive and controversial' history teaching in primary and secondary schools.

It found some teachers are dropping courses covering the Holocaust at the earliest opportunity over fears Muslim pupils might express anti-Semitic and anti-Israel reactions in class.

The researchers gave the example of a secondary school in an unnamed northern city, which dropped the Holocaust as a subject for GCSE coursework.

The report said teachers feared confronting 'anti-Semitic sentiment and Holocaust denial among some Muslim pupils'.

It added: "In another department, the Holocaust was taught despite anti-Semitic sentiment among some pupils.

"But the same department deliberately avoided teaching the Crusades at Key Stage 3 (11- to 14-year-olds) because their balanced treatment of the topic would have challenged what was taught in some local mosques."

A third school found itself 'strongly challenged by some Christian parents for their treatment of the Arab-Israeli conflict-and the history of the state of Israel that did not accord with the teachings of their denomination'.

The report concluded: "In particular settings, teachers of history are unwilling to challenge highly contentious or charged versions of history in which pupils are steeped at home, in their community or in a place of worship."

But Chris McGovern, history education adviser to the former Tory government, said: "History is not a vehicle for promoting political correctness. Children must have access to knowledge of these controversial subjects, whether palatable or unpalatable."

The researchers also warned that a lack of subject knowledge among teachers - particularly at primary level - was leading to history being taught in a 'shallow way leading to routine and superficial learning'.

Lessons in difficult topics were too often 'bland, simplistic and unproblematic' and bored pupils   

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-445979/Teachers-drop-Holocaust-avoid-offending-Muslims.html
« Last Edit: July 06, 2008, 05:27:55 PM by mord »

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
Not offend the muslims it should be you live in this country you learn what we want and if you dont like it get the hell out

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
Not offend the muslims it should be you live in this country you learn what we want and if you dont like it get the hell out
I certainly agree

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
I certainly agree

When are they going to wake up and tell the Muslims you dint dictate what we should teach or do in our countries  you do what we tell you

Offline muslimslayer0075995

• Senior JTFer
  • the death of islam will benifit the world
    • zionist republic
they are no longer teaching the holocaust, the whole system is becoming completely corrupted, how would they like it if we petition to remove the holy wars/ the crusades ? i bet that the shoe would be on the other foot. the government is the cause of a rise in nazism throught europe, and if another holocuast occurs, guess what its not going to be the governments fault, no of course not, they will find another scapegoat. its nevr the true cultprit that is charged and executed unless literaly pounds of evidence is found.
islam isnt relgion its perpetuated hatred of the infidels

Offline Ambiorix

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • There is no "Istanbul"
    • Brussels Journal
IS THIS REALITY?
Turkey must get out of NATO. NATO must get out of Kosovo-Serbia. Croats must get out of Crajina. All muslims must get out of Christian and Jewish land. Turks must get out of Cyprus. Turks must get out of "Istanbul". "Palestinians" must get out of Israel. Israel must become independent from USA.