Author Topic: Jackie Mason: A Righteous Jew?  (Read 6041 times)

Offline P J C

• Master JTFer
  • Liberty and Justice for All
    • Take Back the West
Jackie Mason: A Righteous Jew?
« on: July 20, 2008, 12:24:02 AM »
I have just returned from a Jackie Mason show on broadway. I was going there expecting to hear a self- hating Jew joking about gay sex and Bill Clinton. But I was quite surprised when he was bashing Obama.
"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left." Ecclesiastes 10:2

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
Re: Jackie Mason: A Righteous Jew?
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2008, 12:24:50 AM »
I don't believe he's self-hating at all.

Offline P J C

• Master JTFer
    • Take Back the West
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2008, 12:26:07 AM »
Neither do I.
"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left." Ecclesiastes 10:2

Offline nopeaceforland

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2008, 12:26:21 AM »
I don't believe he's self-hating at all.

Second that. If he was, he wouldn't have spoken out against Jews for Jesus using his likeness.

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2008, 12:29:49 AM »
if you had seen his youtube stuff over the past - year or two, you wouldn't have been suprised.

he was never left wing.

he does come up with new comedy material on politics, but from what i've seen him saying on youtube, i don't find it funny. His old abstract comedy is much better. HE did a recent one on starbucks , again, not political, very funny. 
Whenever comedians get into politics they become a big yawn

Offline Manch

• Master JTFer
  • Kahane Tzadak!
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2008, 12:54:40 AM »
Jackie is not left wing but he is still a typical PC Jew. Just watch his videos on youtube and learn how he tells us that majority of muslims are decent, good people and only few "terrorists" muslims give everyone a bad name.
Hayot Araviot Masrihot

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2008, 01:00:23 AM »
He is who he is and I'll let G-d decide whether he's a "righteous Jew" or not.  He's certainly not self-hating.

Offline Dan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2008, 03:31:11 AM »
I have listen to Jackie on YT for a while now... he seems to be consistent with his views regarding Obama, but as far as defending the muslims, I think that's just PC since he works for a living and needs to be employed. I feels deep down he's a JTFer but doesn't know how to express it publicly w/o backlash.

Offline horselady

• Full JTFer
  • "I support the troops" is never followed by "but"
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2008, 03:40:03 AM »
I have listen to Jackie on YT for a while now... he seems to be consistent with his views regarding Obama, but as far as defending the muslims, I think that's just PC since he works for a living and needs to be employed. I feels deep down he's a JTFer but doesn't know how to express it publicly w/o backlash.

Oh, he's definitely a conservative. I have spoken to him a few times.

He even joined the anti-Islam message board called Jihad Chat and posted a few times.

He gets interviewed by and sometimes fills in for conservative talk radio hosts and there's isn't a shadow of a doubt as to his
opinions about liberal Jews. I agree, though, that he has to watch what he says about ALL Muslims because
he works in a very liberal dominated industry.

In person, he speaks his mind.

Offline Jasmina

• Master JTFer
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2008, 03:49:11 AM »

He even joined the anti-Islam message board called Jihad Chat and posted a few times.

He gets interviewed by and sometimes fills in for conservative talk radio hosts and there's isn't a shadow of a doubt as to his
opinions about liberal Jews. I agree, though, that he has to watch what he says about ALL Muslims because

You spoke to him privately?
The whole system works because everyone is not mentally ill on the same day!!!!

Offline horselady

• Full JTFer
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2008, 03:57:23 AM »

You spoke to him privately?

Yes, he's a friend of my uncle and he's been to some weddings and bar mitzvahs in the family. I haven't spoken to him
since before 9/11 and back then I was pretty ignorant of politics of any kind. But everyone in the family who knows him
well, says he is very conservative and a big supporter of Israel.

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2008, 04:01:40 AM »
did support kahane's JDL.

not JTF, he was asked to. Maybe his agents saw the racist website..

Offline Shamgar

• Master JTFer
  • Preservation of Dal al-Harb
    • TangoMike3
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2008, 07:25:28 AM »

I listen to a lot of talk radio when Jackie fills in for vacationing hosts and his views are defenitely conservative... and funny.
Infidels fighting Obamazombies and Islamazombies in the wastelands of the former United States.

"I will stand with the Blue Line should the political winds shift in an ugly direction."

Offline P J C

• Master JTFer
    • Take Back the West
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2008, 12:15:33 PM »
He would fit in perfect here at JTF!!

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2008, 12:18:26 PM »
relatively speaking he's a good Jew...Relative of what the ideal Jew should be accroding to JTF, he's not terrible, but has some work to do..

He comes from a family of rabbis and generally agreed with Meir Kahane. Not sure where he would stand with JTF, though.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2008, 06:23:25 AM »
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Scriabin

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2008, 11:58:48 AM »
I sent Jackie an email asking him what he thought of Rabbi Kahane.

The next morning he sent me the following response:

"I knew him well and was very fond of him."

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2008, 12:05:24 PM »
He's a good Jew..a little too politically correct...definately not a self hating traitor.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Jasmina

• Master JTFer
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2008, 03:53:30 PM »
  I wonder why does he think that we are racist movement?
The whole system works because everyone is not mentally ill on the same day!!!!

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2008, 03:56:13 PM »
He is a great man.  He was on the jihadchat for a while.  He'll respond to your posts.  I just wish he'd join us here.

Offline nopeaceforland

• Master JTFer
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2008, 04:05:59 PM »
  I wonder why does he think that we are racist movement?

He must listen to one of 2 groups either the left as a whole or his PR dept.?

Offline horselady

• Full JTFer
« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2008, 06:18:04 PM »
relatively speaking he's a good Jew...Relative of what the ideal Jew should be accroding to JTF, he's not terrible, but has some work to do..

He comes from a family of rabbis and generally agreed with Meir Kahane. Not sure where he would stand with JTF, though.

"Relatively?" Why are you so hard on fellow Jews who may not believe exactly as you do on every issue but nevertheless
share many of your beliefs?

I didn't realize there was a measure of an "ideal Jew." I am sure I would not even come close to what your standard of ideal is
but that doesn't make me a liberal/self-hating Jew by any means. I share many of your beliefs too, but I would not be
considered a good Jew in your eyes.

Perhaps that's why Jackie doesn't want to join this board.

I just read the story of Gitty Grunwald  in the July 21 issue of New York Magazine who escaped from life as a Satmar wife
and lost her daughter in the process. That story horrified me as do many of the practices of Hasidic Jews. But this one
in particular made me feel ashamed to share a religion with these people.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2008, 06:55:24 PM »
horselady,

An Ideal Jew should attempt to do as many of the 613 commandments of Hashem as commanded. This involves Observing Shabbat, Wearing TzitTzits, Donning Teffilin, Davening 3 times a day, eating Kosher, honoring your mother and father, not making idols, etc.

What is so hard about that?

muman613
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2008, 06:55:50 PM »
Remember HASHEM gave US the Torah!

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2008, 06:58:20 PM »
Some people have alleged that Jackie Mason is a racist to begin with. Check out his Wiki page where his statements concerning Scvartsas and PLO/Hamas Arab Muslim Nazi-fakistanians.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jackie_Mason

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jackie_Mason#Allegations_of_racism

In 1991, he was criticized by African-American organizations such as the NAACP when he called New York mayor David Dinkins "a fancy schvartze with a moustache."[3] He later apologized. He was later accused of racism when the American comic Ray Hanania, of Palestinian descent, was axed from opening for him at a Chicago club.[3]

muman613
« Last Edit: July 21, 2008, 07:00:14 PM by muman613 »