Poll

What is the most important attribute of a good wife?

Modesty
2 (7.7%)
Piety
1 (3.8%)
Housekeeping ability
4 (15.4%)
Fond of children
4 (15.4%)
Appearance
1 (3.8%)
Intelligence
6 (23.1%)
Other
8 (30.8%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Author Topic: What is the most important attribute of a good wife?  (Read 47537 times)

Offline Ulli

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
What is the most important attribute of a good wife?
« on: August 01, 2008, 02:44:49 AM »
What is the most important attribute of a wife?  :)
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
Re: What is the most important attribute of a good wife?
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2008, 02:48:51 AM »
I think all this points are more or less important. But in my oppinion is the most important piety.  :)
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Online Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2008, 05:53:29 AM »
Appearance... and I don't mean a model of perfection but I think there has to be physical attraction.

Offline Vito

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2008, 01:37:36 PM »
Well I wouldn't marry a girl I'm not attracted to, so I guess intelligence, raising children well and housekeeping ability. (Sorry one attribute isn't enough for me lol)

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2008, 02:21:46 PM »
It should be a combo of attractiveness and of being a good mother.

I don't buy into that whole... a wife should be your best friend.   Thats what best friends are for :)

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2008, 02:25:04 PM »
I choose housekeeping ability but modesty and piety are equaly important.As far as looks go my friend married a beautifull girl she never cooked she always wanted to eat out very lazy.My friend worked 2 Jobs as a mechanic so they could live a good middle class life all she did was want more finally he got divorced.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2008, 02:32:58 PM by mord »
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2008, 02:53:00 PM »
I choose housekeeping ability but modesty and piety are equaly important.As far as looks go my friend married a beautifull girl she never cooked she always wanted to eat out very lazy.My friend worked 2 Jobs as a mechanic so they could live a good middle class life all she did was want more finally he got divorced.

I am sorry for your friend.  :(

My brother is only 37 and third time married. I don't want this.  :'( :'( :'(

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2008, 02:56:23 PM »

Neither do i but his wife was very ungratefull,maybe it was better for him he remarried a new wife she's very nice and good
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2008, 03:06:19 PM »

Neither do i but his wife was very ungratefull,maybe it was better for him he remarried a new wife she's very nice and good

At least a good end  :)

Offline Scriabin

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2008, 11:56:08 PM »
Loyalty.

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2008, 12:04:15 AM »
Loyalty.

Yes this is a very good point. I totally forgot.

Offline mazz

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2008, 12:04:30 AM »
Loyalty?How?
Boats are boats and ships are ships!

Offline Scriabin

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2008, 12:06:08 AM »
Loyalty.

Yes this is a very good point. I totally forgot.

Any man that has a loyal Woman has nothing to complain about.

Offline mazz

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2008, 12:15:15 AM »
True!Got one O0
Boats are boats and ships are ships!

Offline Shlomo

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • SAVE ISRAEL!
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2008, 12:26:42 AM »
I think the most important thing is for the two to have the same goals. That way they can both accomplish things together each in their own way. This builds a strong relationship and bond.
"In the final analysis, for the believer there are no questions, and for the non-believer there are no answers." -Chofetz Chaim

Offline AsheDina

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • PSALMS 129:5 "ZION" THE Cornerstone.
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2008, 07:46:04 AM »
Barefoot, pregnant, obedient, always pretty, laughing, and cheerleading. Perfect Wife. What EVERY man is looking for.
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל
I endorse NO Presidential Candidates

Offline Ben Yehuda

• Director Of Marketing
  • Master JTFer
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2008, 07:52:35 AM »
Barefoot, pregnant, obedient, always pretty, laughing, and cheerleading. Perfect Wife. What EVERY man is looking for.

About as likely as world peace. ;D

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2008, 08:31:13 AM »

not quite, but short.  O0

Offline AsheDina

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2008, 11:52:51 AM »

About as likely as world peace. ;D

Ben Yehuda, Well- WE CAN TRY!!
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2008, 11:53:27 AM »

Why no shoes ?

Offline AsheDina

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2008, 12:13:30 PM »
  There is something clearly WRONG with the picture, BEFORE Alice Toklas and Gertrude Stein- the lesbo fem-witches started the movement- THIS is what women looked like:

YOU tell me, MEN, WHAT YOU would want MORE.  Shlomo, you would DEF change your postition when you marry the person who is really NOT keeping you from being bored, but becomes a contentious person. I am 100% FEMININE, and I am VERY ladylike and EXTREMELY femininie around David, it IS this, that he IS attracted to- boring- OMGOSH!!!! I am anything BUT boring. I ENJOY being the 'submissive' sex, I LOVE IT. David CHERISHES it, and treats me soooooooo Awesome. I LOVE that I am NOT 'in charge' but Paulette Anne, NOT a challenge...lol. I respect your opinion, Shlomo, it would be good for you, should you find that ideal type mate, BUT, let me WARN you- Women are cruel and heartless, and IF women could better learn their place in society- there would NOT be so much misery, it is WAY TOO TAXING to 'try to be like a man' which, unfortunately MANY women do. MOST actually, Jews, AND gentile- Holy or unholy.

This example I chose, because it was right directly BEFORE the EVIL lesbos took charge. >:(  I WANT MY AMERICA BACK.
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline Shlomo

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • SAVE ISRAEL!
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2008, 12:14:41 PM »

I don't want a woman who is obedient or barefoot. While I would love to have a big family, I need a little challenge in a relationship to remain happy and would hope she worked at least before children were born. I really would become bored if it was too easy. Most women know this about men and it works the same for women. As humans, whether we like to admit it or not, we need challenge in order to be happy. I also would want her to have her own hobbies, mind, and independent self-image.

It's NOT healthy for man to dominate women. If we look at the Torah's story of creation, G-d determines that man needs a helpmate, but it is a while before Eve is created. Instead, all the birds and animals are created and Adam is asked to name them. At the conclusion of this part, the Torah tells us, "... but for Adam no fitting helpmate was found." What's the lesson we learn from this? Why did G-d say this after Adam named the animals? Why wasn't Adam happy with an animal for a helpmate?

Because an animal is subordinate to man. It's not his equal. Adam had been commanded earlier to "Have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the birds of the air, and over every living thing that moves on the earth." So Adam could not overcome his loneliness and find true love with a subordinate being, over whom he ruled.

The false religion islam and ego teaches men must dominate women. This type of will to control comes from insecurity and low self-esteem. It's an effort to control the outside because a person has no self control - which is what the soul really wants.

Materialism teaches that what they look like on the outside is most important. While I agree there must be at least a small amount of attraction, I say this is a terrible reasons to marry.

Proverbs 31: Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised.

I think the Torah has it right.
"In the final analysis, for the believer there are no questions, and for the non-believer there are no answers." -Chofetz Chaim

Offline AsheDina

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2008, 01:21:49 PM »

I don't want a woman who is obedient or barefoot. While I would love to have a big family, I need a little challenge in a relationship to remain happy and would hope she worked at least before children were born. I really would become bored if it was too easy. Most women know this about men and it works the same for women. As humans, whether we like to admit it or not, we need challenge in order to be happy. I also would want her to have her own hobbies, mind, and independent self-image.

It's NOT healthy for man to dominate women. If we look at the Torah's story of creation, G-d determines that man needs a helpmate, but it is a while before Eve is created. Instead, all the birds and animals are created and Adam is asked to name them. At the conclusion of this part, the Torah tells us, "... but for Adam no fitting helpmate was found." What's the lesson we learn from this? Why did G-d say this after Adam named the animals? Why wasn't Adam happy with an animal for a helpmate?

Because an animal is subordinate to man. It's not his equal. Adam had been commanded earlier to "Have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the birds of the air, and over every living thing that moves on the earth." So Adam could not overcome his loneliness and find true love with a subordinate being, over whom he ruled.

The false religion islam and ego teaches men must dominate women. This type of will to control comes from insecurity and low self-esteem. It's an effort to control the outside because a person has no self control - which is what the soul really wants.

Materialism teaches that what they look like on the outside is most important. While I agree there must be at least a small amount of attraction, I say this is a terrible reasons to marry.

Proverbs 31: Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised.

I think the Torah has it right.

I agree on most of this, Except, this is not an Islamic Nation, so its practices dont mean ANYTHING to me, call me old fashioned. I am 100% WITH the Proverbs 31 woman.  I condemn Ialsm, but I AM FOR women being more submitted, they have HAPPINESS in this, they REALLY do. "Domination" is NOT of G-d. NOT. David likes me young and pretty looking, he does not even WANT me busting my A-- working like a dog, he is the ONE that WANTS to be the man, I just chose to be the "wo" man. I help him by seeking the things he desires, which are really small in the scheme of things, he DOES like when I fix myself up, keep things neat, but most importantly, act like he is 'g'-d on Earth. I am just different, is all, I am VERY VERY VERY old fashioned. I dont SEEK to be 'EQUAL' to David, matter of FACT, I KNOW I AM NOT,(he is a man, I am a woman, WE ARE NOT equal, he is smarter, stronger and can handle more) and he loves this a lot. He is VERY OLD fashioned 2 BTW.
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline Scriabin

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2008, 06:13:40 PM »
It's NOT healthy for man to dominate women.

Its not a question of dominance but of common sense.

Offline RanterMaximus

• Master JTFer
« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2008, 07:01:41 PM »
Intelligence all the way.  I married a liberal ding bat.