Author Topic: Upgrade to My Ox Goad  (Read 5627 times)

Offline Shamgar

• Master JTFer
  • Preservation of Dal al-Harb
    • TangoMike3
Upgrade to My Ox Goad
« on: August 04, 2008, 07:10:48 PM »
Just got some new furniture in for one of my ox goads. I love it when the UPS truck drives up!!!! The second one is it's baby brother.

Infidels fighting Obamazombies and Islamazombies in the wastelands of the former United States.

"I will stand with the Blue Line should the political winds shift in an ugly direction."

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: Upgrade to My Ox Goad
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2008, 07:14:14 PM »
M14 with EOTech reflex sight? Nice.

What kind of rail system is that? And what did you pay for the basic?

Offline Shamgar

• Master JTFer
    • TangoMike3
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2008, 06:38:09 AM »
You are right. That is the Springfield SOCOM II with the OEM rail system. I have a gunsmith who is a great machinist. He moved the top rail system back 4 inches so I could utilize the Eotech with the 3X magnifier. I have it set up or close quarter combat. The 3X magnifier is springloaded and pivots out of the line of site with a simple click. If you need to reach out to 150-200 yards you can slap the magnifier back in place

A lot of folks don't like the weight and kick of the 7.62x51 for CQ but I am a big ol boy and don't have a problem with it.  It leaves no ambiguity regarding your intent and will take out most body armor.
Infidels fighting Obamazombies and Islamazombies in the wastelands of the former United States.

"I will stand with the Blue Line should the political winds shift in an ugly direction."

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2008, 01:56:00 PM »
You are right. That is the Springfield SOCOM II with the OEM rail system. I have a gunsmith who is a great machinist. He moved the top rail system back 4 inches so I could utilize the Eotech with the 3X magnifier. I have it set up or close quarter combat. The 3X magnifier is springloaded and pivots out of the line of site with a simple click. If you need to reach out to 150-200 yards you can slap the magnifier back in place

A lot of folks don't like the weight and kick of the 7.62x51 for CQ but I am a big ol boy and don't have a problem with it.  It leaves no ambiguity regarding your intent and will take out most body armor.

I have no problem with .308, just wondering what your M14 cost ya? My dad had a polytech m14 unfortunately it was confiscated :(

Offline Shamgar

• Master JTFer
    • TangoMike3
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2008, 02:20:22 PM »
The base rifle with the quad rail system is about $1500-1599 range.